GUILTY OR - Mark Dribin, 42, Portland, 02 July 1999 *Christopher Charles Lovrien sentenced*

Just spoke to Ken. He called me back, looks like it's 16 years he'll serve, not 14, and no chance of parole. Ken had to sign off on the deal. Looks like he was sentenced today, no victim impact statements, but Lovrien is going to remain at Multnomah County Jail for now since Griffin's trial will be coming up. In the event that I don't get the chance, I'd like to thank everyone here at Websleuths for their support of Mark from me and my family over the years. I plan to stay around to follow Griffin's trial.

In my opinion, that is a huge win! Awesome for you and your family

‘The court can go to hell’: Defendant who pleaded guilty to killing says he would have won if he could afford private lawyer​

Jan 15th, 2024, 9:24 am
The defendant in an Oregon man’s 1999 death pleaded guilty to killing the victim, but though he apologized in court, he reportedly asserted that he would have won his manslaughter case if he could afford a private lawyer.
[...]
Investigators said they solved the case in recent years after performing genetic genealogy to link DNA evidence to the defendant’s family. They spoke to Lovrien at a pub, where he denied knowing Dribin, but they got his DNA from a glass and confirmed the match.
[...]

Oh @LinasK , I am happy that at least one chapter of your tragedy has been closed. I am so surprised he plead guilty, but I can imagine this is a relief to you and your uncle. {Hugs} to you and your whole family. This man is a monster and I really hope he never makes it out of jail!

Oh @LinasK , I am happy that at least one chapter of your tragedy has been closed. I am so surprised he plead guilty, but I can imagine this is a relief to you and your uncle. {Hugs} to you and your whole family. This man is a monster and I really hope he never makes it out of jail!
I was expecting it because I was able to watch the last hearing on a Zoom-like format and his attitude changed during the hearing. He started out cocky, but then felt defeated when he lost his DNA argument, and the fact that he has to do all this work to be his own lawyer.

did they move his trial up? I have 4/8/24 as his trial starting, but I see 2/5/24 on the court site??

edited to add - & I have a Special jury summons hearing on 3/15/24
No, 2/5 was the new date that had been set for Mark's trial. They cancelled it since he pled guilty, but kept the date up. The next date for the Griffin case is listed as 3/15.

No, 2/5 was the new date that had been set for Mark's trial. They cancelled it since he pled guilty, but kept the date up. The next date for the Griffin case is listed as 3/15.

Okay - thanks for my mix up! I thought you were posting Griffin case stuff.

Some things are happening, but I don't understand what. If he's moved to prison, going to plead guilty for Griffin, or appealing on Mark's conviction? 1707527264883.png

@LinasK - to me they look like the are for Mark's case. As in the last one - it says "Trial 1" - which was Mark's. And the previous 2 posts - his sentencing outlines. And really do not know what the 3/15/24 is - as you cut it off after the Judge's name. I do have Griffin's case on that date.

@LinasK - to me they look like the are for Mark's case. As in the last one - it says "Trial 1" - which was Mark's. And the previous 2 posts - his sentencing outlines. And really do not know what the 3/15/24 is - as you cut it off after the Judge's name. I do have Griffin's case on that date.
Yes, Griffin's trial is scheduled to begin on 3/15, unless he's decided to plead out on that on too? I may try to call Ken next week to update him and see what he knows.

So it looks like a hearing was held today and Lovrien is no longer representing himself in the next trial. The good news is that the lawyer who was appointed is the same one that he previously had, so he can't delay it by a new lawyer having to get up to speed: 1708061695427.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant
Back