GUILTY OR - Mark Dribin, 42, Portland, 02 July 1999 *Christopher Charles Lovrien sentenced*

I think the Virginia exclusions were probably initiated by Virginia cold case investigators a few years ago when they made a concerted effort to clear their backlog of unidentified and missing cold cases. They checked their cases against every other possible match in the country no matter how unlikely.

Based on other cases I've followed, it wouldn't hurt to follow up on #MP876 with the detective just to make sure that's not a match.

I'll keep looking. Might be some cases that aren't in Namus or Doenetwork.

I think the Virginia exclusions were probably initiated by Virginia cold case investigators a few years ago when they made a concerted effort to clear their backlog of unidentified and missing cold cases. They checked their cases against every other possible match in the country no matter how unlikely.

Based on other cases I've followed, it wouldn't hurt to follow up on #MP876 with the detective just to make sure that's not a match.

I'll keep looking. Might be some cases that aren't in Namus or Doenetwork.
MP #876 is Mark's profile. Thanks for continuing to look. Looks like these sites aren't updated very often.

MP #876 is Mark's profile. Thanks for continuing to look. Looks like these sites aren't updated very often.
Oops, bad cut and paste. NamUs #UP8058.(The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)0, the guy with the Ford keys found in Oregon City. I fixed it in the other post too. Glad you caught that.

No, the cases don't seem to be updated very often, do they? I suppose like so many other agencies, they're understaffed.

Last edited:
Oops, bad cut and paste. NamUs #UP8058.(The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)0, the guy found in Oregon City. I fixed it in the other post too. Glad you caught that.

No, the cases don't seem to be updated very often, do they? I suppose like so many other agencies, they're understaffed.
Hmmm, I suppose this one could be a possibility. Do you know how to ask them to test? It's about as far as Larch Mountain it looks from a map. Larch Mountain is further East than I realized. If I go up there in the near future, I may try to take a side trip just to see it for myself.
I'm getting slightly excited, because I just realized that this one in Oregon City is the same one that had the Ford keys...

Last edited:
@LinasK - just checking to see if there are any more hearings before his trial on 4/8/24? TIA!
 Girl Waving Hello Smiley

Hmmm, I suppose this one could be a possibility. Do you know how to ask them to test? It's about as far as Larch Mountain it looks from a map. Larch Mountain is further East than I realized. If I go up there in the near future, I may try to take a side trip just to see it for myself.
I'm getting slightly excited, because I just realized that this one in Oregon City is the same one that had the Ford keys...

If you're still in contact with the detective, going through LE is usually the fastest path to getting an ID. If that's not an option, the request could be submitted through Doenetwork or Namus.

New unidentified remains found in Fairview OR, which appears to be on the way to Larch Mountain. No indication about how old the remains are. Probably too recent to be Mark but I wanted to keep track of it just in case.

OR - OR - Fairview, remains located in field, March 19 2024
Ken has been the person in touch with Detective McGuire, I haven't been, but I don't think there would be any objection if you wanted to submit both of these cases for exclusion to NamUs. Couldn't hurt...

Friday, March 29th:
*Motions Hearing (@ 9am PT) – OR – Kenneth Lee Griffin (53) (last seen Feb. 1, 2020 & reported missing on Feb. 2, 2020, Portland, found May 19, 2020 in Lovrien’s shed) - *Christopher Charles Lovrien (51 @ time of crime/52 now 57) indicted (4/30/20), re-indicted (3/10/21), charged (3/10/21) & arraigned (3/11/21) with 2nd degree murder, 1st degree abuse of a corpse & 6 counts of being a felon in possession of firearms. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
Trial was set to begin on 7/31/23. Cases were severed.
Griffin Trial set to begin on 4/8/24.
Judge Christopher Ramras was presiding now Judge Jenna Plank. Dep. DA Kirsten M. Snowden & Margaret Burgess. Defense attorney Keith Goody.
Dribin Trial was set to begin on 1/29/24 continued on 2/5/24 & was cancelled. Lovrien plead guilty to 1st degree manslaughter & was sentenced to 20 years & no chance of parole on 1/12/24.

Dribin: Court info from 5/5/20 thru 2/8/24 & Griffin: Court info from 3/16/21 thru 3/4/24 reference post #844 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...pher-charles-lovrien-sentenced.153627/page-43

3/11/24 Update: Release medical records to State by Judge Judith H. Matarazzo. 3/12/24 Update Further proceedings held. Judge Heidi H. Moawad. Present: Dep. DA Kirsten M. Snowden, Dep. DA Margaret Burgess & defendant. Exhibit (MCOHD 3.12.1) Next further proceeding hearing on 3/15/24 with Judge Jenna Plank presiding. Net further proceedings hearing on 3/15/24 @ 9am with Judge Jenna Plank presiding.
3/22/24 Docket Update: Appellant filed notice to appeal from a TSO. Order is not appealable under CRS 138.035. Appeal is dismissed. Exhibit-Election. Next Motion hearing on 3/29/24 @ 9am with Judge Christopher Ramras presiding.

Hi @LinasK does this mean they are selecting a jury? For the other case or for Mark's?
I often stare at these records and I do not always get what they mean, but apparently for many this is a slice of cake - as we put it. (We do not grab a piece of cake, we neatly slice it.)

Not LinasK - but Lovrien was convicted of murdering Mark. He was sentenced to 20 years with no chance of parole. Now it is a murder trial for the other guy he killed -Kenneth Griffin. Which starts on 4/8/24, Monday. :)

Hi @LinasK does this mean they are selecting a jury? For the other case or for Mark's?
I often stare at these records and I do not always get what they mean, but apparently for many this is a slice of cake - as we put it. (We do not grab a piece of cake, we neatly slice it.)
He plead Guilty to Mark's murder. This is his other case Griffin. As of today it still says on OJD that that trial is starting Monday. That's my only source of information about it right now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back