GUILTY OR - Mark Dribin, 42, Portland, 02 July 1999 *Christopher Charles Lovrien sentenced*

Is Ken going? Are you going to try & make it or not? Just curious! :)
Ken feels emotionally done. I won't be there Monday, but I'm planning to be in Portland in a couple of weeks or so. I'm going to try to fit in a trip to Larch Mountain to get a sense of it and take pictures. It's supposed to be only about 30 miles outside of Portland.

Ken feels emotionally done. I won't be there Monday, but I'm planning to be in Portland in a couple of weeks or so. I'm going to try to fit in a trip to Larch Mountain to get a sense of it and take pictures. It's supposed to be only about 30 miles outside of Portland.

I hear you about Ken! Give him a BIG hug!!
Have you any "details" on where Mark might be - has Lovrein revealed anything "special" about where he might be? Good luck on your trip! :)

One thing that's been nagging me about the timeline Lovrien gave in his "confession". He claimed that he killed Mark in his bed after waking up- yet Mark had called off work due to a personal emergency. I'm thinking that a fight was already ensuing rather than that Mark suddenly made a pass at him.

I hear you about Ken! Give him a BIG hug!!
Have you any "details" on where Mark might be - has Lovrein revealed anything "special" about where he might be? Good luck on your trip! :)
Thanks. Haven't seen Ken in a long time. He's in LA. The answer to your question is no. I hadn't ever heard of Larch Mountain before, and I've been to Oregon lots of times. Neither had my daughter who lives there.

Monday, April 8th:
*Trial set to begin (@ 9am PT) – OR – Kenneth Lee Griffin (53) (last seen Feb. 1, 2020 & reported missing on Feb. 2, 2020, Portland, found May 19, 2020 in Lovrien’s shed) - *Christopher Charles Lovrien (51 @ time of crime/52 now 57) indicted (4/30/20), re-indicted (3/10/21), charged (3/10/21) & arraigned (3/11/21) with 2nd degree murder, 1st degree abuse of a corpse & 6 counts of being a felon in possession of firearms. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
Trial was set to begin on 7/31/23. Cases were severed.
Griffin Trial set to begin on 4/8/24.
Judge Christopher Ramras was presiding now Judge Jenna Plank. Dep. DA Kirsten M. Snowden & Margaret Burgess. Defense attorney Keith Goody.
Dribin Trial was set to begin on 1/29/24 continued on 2/5/24 & was cancelled. Lovrien plead guilty to 1st degree manslaughter & was sentenced to 20 years & no chance of parole on 1/12/24.

Dribin: Court info from 5/5/20 thru 2/8/24 & Griffin: Court info from 3/16/21 thru 3/12/24 reference post #870 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/...pher-charles-lovrien-sentenced.153627/page-44

3/22/24 Docket Update: Appellant filed notice to appeal from a TSO. Order is not appealable under CRS 138.035. Appeal is dismissed. Exhibit-Election. Next Motion hearing on 3/29/24 @ 9am with Judge Christopher Ramras presiding.
3/29/24 Update: Motions hearing held. Parties present: Judge Christopher Ramras presiding, Dep. DA Kirsten M. Snowden & Dep. DA Margaret Burgess, defendant Lovrien with court appointed attorney W. Keith Goody, For pretrial rulings regarding the State's Motion in Limine. Next trial set to begin on 4/8/24.

Tuesday, April 9th:
*Trial continues (Day 2) (@ 9am PT) – OR – Kenneth Lee Griffin (53) (last seen Feb. 1, 2020 & reported missing on Feb. 2, 2020, Portland, found May 19, 2020 in Lovrien’s shed) - *Christopher Charles Lovrien (51 @ time of crime/52 now 57) indicted (4/30/20), re-indicted (3/10/21), charged (3/10/21) & arraigned (3/11/21) with 2nd degree murder, 1st degree abuse of a corpse & 6 counts of being a felon in possession of firearms. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
Trial was set to begin on 7/31/23. Cases were severed.
Griffin Trial began on 4/8/24.
Judge Christopher Ramras presiding. Dep. DAs Kirsten M. Snowden, Margaret Burgess & Mackenzie M. Ludwig. Defense attorney Keith Goody.
Dribin Trial was set to begin on 1/29/24 continued on 2/5/24 & was cancelled. Lovrien plead guilty to 1st degree manslaughter & was sentenced to 20 years & no chance of parole on 1/12/24.

Dribin: Court info from 5/5/20 thru 2/8/24 & Griffin: Court info from 3/16/21 thru 3/29/24 reference post #886 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/...pher-charles-lovrien-sentenced.153627/page-45

4/8/24 Monday, Trial Day 1: Jury selection begins. Judge Christopher Ramras presiding. Dep. DAs Kirsten M. Snowden, Margaret Burgess & Mackenzie M. Ludwig. Defendant Lovrien present with court appointed attorney W. Keith Goody. Continues on Tuesday, 4/9/24.

I have no idea what any of the above means, no notations about Jury Selection. Meanwhile I talked to Ken both about our family tree, and my upcoming possible visit to Larch Mountain. Ken isn't quite as upset as the last time I spoke with him. I was able to broach the subject, and he told me that Lovrien had offered the detective (not as a condition of his plea) to take him to where he buried Mark when the snow clears. Now I know that Portland has had snow not long ago, but there've also been some warm sunny days lately. Ken may decide to call the detective for an update on that. Ken is interested in bringing Mark's remains home if there is anything to be found. I also indirectly mentioned the NamUs testing of unclaimed remains to him. Meanwhile I continue to monitor OJD to see what's happening in the Griffin case, because once it's concluded he has to go to prison. Right now he's remaining in Multnomah County Jail is my understanding.

I shall continue posting this until we find out IF trial HAS started....

Wednesday, April 10th:
*Trial continues (Day 3) (@ 9am PT) – OR – Kenneth Lee Griffin (53) (last seen Feb. 1, 2020 & reported missing on Feb. 2, 2020, Portland, found May 19, 2020 in Lovrien’s shed) - *Christopher Charles Lovrien (51 @ time of crime/52 now 57) indicted (4/30/20), re-indicted (3/10/21), charged (3/10/21) & arraigned (3/11/21) with 2nd degree murder, 1st degree abuse of a corpse & 6 counts of being a felon in possession of firearms. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
Judge Christopher Ramras presiding. Dep. DA Kirsten M. Snowden, Margaret Burgess & Mackenzie M. Ludwig. Defense attorney Keith Goody.

Dribin: Court info from 5/5/20 thru 2/8/24 & Griffin: Court info from 3/16/21 thru 3/29/24 & Trial Day 1 (4/8/24) reference post #889 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...pher-charles-lovrien-sentenced.153627/page-45

4/8/24 Docket update: Motion to suppress references to prior felony convictions. Motion to suppress all audio recordings. Notice of deprivation of due process. Notice to collect & admit evidence. Motion for Dismissal. Notice of Terror. Notice: Proof of filing & service.
4/9/24 Tuesday, Trial Day 2: No real info on trial. Judge Christopher Ramras presiding. Dep. DA Kirstin M. Snowden, Margaret Burgess & Mackenzie M. Ludwig. Defendant Lovrien present with court appointed attorney W. Keith Goody. Continues on Wednesday, 4/10/24.

I have no idea what any of the above means, no notations about Jury Selection. Meanwhile I talked to Ken both about our family tree, and my upcoming possible visit to Larch Mountain. Ken isn't quite as upset as the last time I spoke with him. I was able to broach the subject, and he told me that Lovrien had offered the detective (not as a condition of his plea) to take him to where he buried Mark when the snow clears. Now I know that Portland has had snow not long ago, but there've also been some warm sunny days lately. Ken may decide to call the detective for an update on that. Ken is interested in bringing Mark's remains home if there is anything to be found. I also indirectly mentioned the NamUs testing of unclaimed remains to him. Meanwhile I continue to monitor OJD to see what's happening in the Griffin case, because once it's concluded he has to go to prison. Right now he's remaining in Multnomah County Jail is my understanding.

I so hope you will be able to start the search for Mark's remains. A real search, with whatever it takes. Until now, almost everything has been about waiting (and waiting). Organizing and doing a search will have a completely different energy.

Fingers crossed, @LinasK !

No updates on OJD today, but Ken called Detective McGuire and he told him that the trial is happening. Lovrien is acting as his own attorney, with lawyer Goody as his backup. Lovrien apparently got to do jury selection and the trial should take 2-3 weeks. So we should have some resolution then...

Thursday, April 11th:
*Trial continues (Day 4) (@ 9am PT) – OR – Kenneth Lee Griffin (53) (last seen Feb. 1, 2020 & reported missing on Feb. 2, 2020, Portland, found May 19, 2020 in Lovrien’s shed) - *Christopher Charles Lovrien (51 @ time of crime/52 now 57) indicted (4/30/20), re-indicted (3/10/21), charged (3/10/21) & arraigned (3/11/21) with 2nd degree murder, 1st degree abuse of a corpse & 6 counts of being a felon in possession of firearms. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
Judge Christopher Ramras presiding. Dep. DA Kirsten M. Snowden, Margaret Burgess & Mackenzie M. Ludwig. Defense attorney Keith Goody.

Dribin: Court info from 5/5/20 thru 2/8/24 & Griffin: Court info from 3/16/21 thru 3/29/24 & Trial Day 1-2 (4/8-4/9/24) reference post #893 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/...pher-charles-lovrien-sentenced.153627/page-45

4/10/24 Wednesday, Trial Day 3: No real info on trial. Trial continues on Thursday, 4/11/24.

Since I can't find any articles on Lovrien's trial for Griffin's murder, I've been reviewing old articles. I just learned some more pieces of the timeline on Mark's case. For instance, I never knew that the Oregon State Medical Examiner’s Office issued a death certificate for Mark in August 2000. (I had gotten from my mother that he was assumed dead because they found blood in his house). Or that they had also found the "unknown DNA" in his car as well as his house. About 2 1/2 weeks after his disapperance on July 18, 1999, police located his car in southeast Portland. They found Dribin’s Ford Explorer abandoned in a rehab clinic parking lot next to where Lovrien lived at the time.
In September 2019, police identified Lovrien as a potential suspect in Dribin’s disappearance and death. Investigators identified Lovrien as a suspect in 2019 after they resubmitted cigarette butts from the scene for advanced DNA testing. (This was the genetic genealogy done by Parabon Labs). Two months later, detectives interviewed him. They spoke to Lovrien at a pub, where he denied knowing Dribin, but they got his DNA from a glass and confirmed the match. (This is what he was contesting). He had sat with Portland detectives about the Dribin case on Nov. 18, 2019.
Then, on Feb. 2, 2020, Kenneth Griffin was reported missing after he was last seen alive the day prior. On April 16, 2020, police obtained a warrant to collect Lovrien’s DNA (and this is why his motion to throw out the DNA failed), and two weeks later, on April 30, 2020, he was charged with Dribin’s murder. The U.S. Marshals arrested Lovrien on May 4, 2020.

Last edited:
I too am not finding any articles on this trial...

Friday, April 12th:
*Trial continues (Day 5) (@ 9am PT) – OR – Kenneth Lee Griffin (53) (last seen Feb. 1, 2020 & reported missing on Feb. 2, 2020, Portland, found May 19, 2020 in Lovrien’s shed) - *Christopher Charles Lovrien (51 @ time of crime/52 now 57) indicted (4/30/20), re-indicted (3/10/21), charged (3/10/21) & arraigned (3/11/21) with 2nd degree murder, 1st degree abuse of a corpse & 6 counts of being a felon in possession of firearms. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.

Dribin: Court info from 5/5/20 thru 2/8/24 & Griffin: Court info from 3/16/21 thru 3/29/24 & Trial Day 1-2 (4/8-4/9/24) reference post #893 here:

4/10/24 Wednesday, Trial Day 3: No real info on trial. Trial continues on Thursday, 4/11/24.
4/11/24 Thursday, Trial Day 4: No info available. Trial continues on Friday, 4/12/24.

I too am not finding any articles on this trial...

Friday, April 12th:
*Trial continues (Day 5) (@ 9am PT) – OR – Kenneth Lee Griffin (53) (last seen Feb. 1, 2020 & reported missing on Feb. 2, 2020, Portland, found May 19, 2020 in Lovrien’s shed) - *Christopher Charles Lovrien (51 @ time of crime/52 now 57) indicted (4/30/20), re-indicted (3/10/21), charged (3/10/21) & arraigned (3/11/21) with 2nd degree murder, 1st degree abuse of a corpse & 6 counts of being a felon in possession of firearms. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.

4/11/24 Thursday, Trial Day 4: No info available. Trial continues on Friday, 4/12/24.
Perhaps they're still in jury selection. Haven't been any more OJD updates so far.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie
Back