GUILTY OR - Matal Sanchez, 4, Milwaukie, 29 June 2005

Liz said:
Oh my Lord! Another dear little child! How sick is that for the grandmother to have killed her grandchild? Good gracious alive! If that doesn't just beat all!

Prayers to the little angel's heartbroken mommy!
Her tears were just heart-wrenching and you knew she was in dire pain, when he was missing.

That nasty dirty filthy pig how dare her? And coming home with blood all over her shirt ?.. freak. I can't stand this I am so sick and tired of this crap.

OMG, he is beautiful. What a cutie.

Does anyone have a link with the sicko grandmother's picture?

TIA

angarella said:
OMG, he is beautiful. What a cutie.

Does anyone have a link with the sicko grandmother's picture?

TIA
Step-Grandmother Held in Ore. Boy's Death - Yahoo! News

...Asked why Coffman didn't immediately lead police to the boy's body, found about 25 miles from his home, Krebs said "everyone would like to know that."

"It's going to be a long process before all the details come out," he said.

Coffman was charged with aggravated murder, which allows prosecutors to seek the death penalty if they choose. Her first court appearance was set for Tuesday...

JerseyGirl said:
KATU 2 - Portland, Oregon

What a perfect little guy. :(

He's absolutely precious. How horrible. This mother not only has to deal with the tragic and depraved loss of her little baby boy, but know that her MIL did it...there are no words. I certainly hope her husband is supporting her and not his sicko mother.

JerseyGirl said:

...Asked why Coffman didn't immediately lead police to the boy's body, found about 25 miles from his home, Krebs said "everyone would like to know that."

Coffman was charged with aggravated murder, which allows prosecutors to seek the death penalty if they choose. Her first court appearance was set for Tuesday...

I hope they do seek the death penality. I am tired of seeing deals made with the devil.

This is really a SICK - SAD world we live in! I can't imagine a "grandmother" killing her grandchild!!! Is this 'step' grandmother Matal's mother's step-mother? What is the relation? God rest his little soul, she should get the Death Penalty!

Edited...OK, I see now that he's the step-dad's mother. What a no good piece of crap, I certainly hope her son didn't inherit any of her BAD genes!

"...Asked why Coffman didn't immediately lead police to the boy's body, found about 25 miles from his home, Krebs said "everyone would like to know that."

Isn't it obvious? She naively hoped she'd get away with it.

JerseyGirl said:

Yep saw the picture. She looks like the evil filthy pig that she is. I hope she rots in hell.

When asked how investigators believe Matal Zachary Sanchez died, officer Kevin Krebs with the Milwaukie Police Department would only say "his cause of death was homicidal violence, an autopsy is scheduled for tomorrow."

Matal has been missing since Wednesday. His mother said the last time she saw him was around 3 p.m. at their home in Milwaukie, some 25 miles away from where police found the body four days later.

“His body was found in a densely forested area on BLM land, approximately three or four miles southeast of Estacada... approximately 75 feet off a roadway," Krebs said.

"She will be charged with his death and she'll have an initial court appearance on Tuesday," Krebs said.

http://www.kgw.com/news-local/stories/kgw_070205_news_sanchez_body.692d9f7f.html

As the sun struggled against the clouds Saturday morning, people scattered throughout the garden rototilled and yanked weeds.

Loni Manley, breaking from her gladiolas and roses, expressed disbelief that Coffman could have had anything to do with the boy's disappearance.

Manley, who has had plots at the garden for eight years, said Coffman was a fixture at the community garden, and that Coffman frequently brought Matal with her to work on plots.

As Manley put it: "I remember the first time she brought him, and I said, 'You've got a big helper,' and she said, 'This is my grandson, Matal. He's going to help us in the garden today.' "

Coffman brought the boy to the garden often, Manley said, and even bought child-size garden tools for him. Manley said Coffman -- who had served as the garden association's president for about eight years -- seemed to dote on the boy, feeding him pieces of fresh fruit and vegetables.

"The only way I'm going to believe she did something harmful to him is if they have absolute proof," Manley said, just a few hours before the discovery of Matal's body was made public.

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/oreg...t_page/1120384724298400.xml&coll=7&thispage=2

Coffman is the mother of the boy's stepfather. She had been living with the family in their Milwaukie home -- about 25 miles from where she then led police to the body.

Saturday, a medical examiner made a preliminary determination that the cause of the boy's death was "homicidal violence." But NO details have been released pending the results of today's autopsy.

http://www.koin.com/news.asp?RECORD_KEY[news]=ID&ID[news]=3321

So the step-grandma was living with her son and his girlfriend- the mother of Matal in their home? I heard Matal, his mother and her boyfriend were living with his mother, Christine Coffman, in her house.

The step-grandmother of a 4-year-old boy who had been missing for three days was charged with murder Saturday after leading police to his body in the wooded foothills of the Cascades.

"Naturally, people thought maybe he's with grandma," Krebs said. When Coffman returned without the child, police began to question her, Krebs said. He said Coffman's shirt was stained but declined to say if the substance was blood.

Police did not immediately say how the boy died but a medical investigator determined the cause of death was homicide.

"There is no indication that this was an accident," Krebs said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=904669

What a horrible thing to have happen. What in the heck is wrong with that step grandmother. She lived with her son and daughter-in-law!!! I sincerely hope that her son wasn't a part of this. It wouldn't surprise me though. Poor little guy. I just wonder why she did that.

Well,Granny won't have to worry about having a place to live from now on. She'll have a permnant bed at Purdy...WA state woman's Correctional Center.

Ya Bobbie, she will. She's on suicide watch in jail. No wonder, as the coroner says now cause of death was blunt force trauma to the head.

They said she had health problems and was under stress. She was in charge of a community garden where everyone in the immediate area can rent a spot and grow what they want - flowers or food. She got caught pilfering approz $12,000 from their fund, which must have been on her mind.

She always took him with to work in the garden, and the man who was there tending his crop said the little boy used to run and skip up and down the pathways. A light hearted little guy.

He probably didn't want to go home and she snapped or something. Thank God they found him. She took him way out and put his body in a wooded forrest area several miles from the garden towards Estacada {in the country on the way up to Mt Hood}. It would have taken a hiker or forrest ranger to find him eventually if they had not convinced her to show him where he was.

I think he was full of beans - and a lot of fun to be around from looking at his photo.

Oh, Bobbie, Purdy is the Women'Correctional Facility up by Bremerton I think in Washington State. I think this gal will be sitting around, spending her days at Coffee Creek in Sherwood Or, right close to Portland. Actually a relatively new facility

Scandi

scandi said:
Ya Bobbie, she will. She's on suicide watch in jail. No wonder, as the coroner says now cause of death was blunt force trauma to the head.

They said she had health problems and was under stress. She was in charge of a community garden where everyone in the immediate area can rent a spot and grow what they want - flowers or food. She got caught pilfering approz $12,000 from their fund, which must have been on her mind.

She always took him with to work in the garden, and the man who was there tending his crop said the little boy used to run and skip up and down the pathways. A light hearted little guy.

He probably didn't want to go home and she snapped or something. Thank God they found him. She took him way out and put his body in a wooded forrest area several miles from the garden towards Estacada {in the country on the way up to Mt Hood}. It would have taken a hiker or forrest ranger to find him eventually if they had not convinced her to show him where he was.

I think he was full of beans - and a lot of fun to be around from looking at his photo.

Oh, Bobbie, Purdy is the Women'Correctional Facility up by Bremerton I think in Washington State. I think this gal will be sitting around, spending her days at Coffee Creek in Sherwood Or, right close to Portland. Actually a relatively new facility

Scandi
The old crazy is on suicide watch? Why not let her do society a favor? I mean she will probably get the death penalty anyway.

A 4-year-old boy who police say was killed by his step-grandmother and left along a rural road in the foothills of the Cascade Range died from a blow to the head, authorities said Sunday.

An autopsy conducted a day after Christine Coffman led police to her step-grandson's body determined the cause of death to be blunt force head trauma, said Officer Kevin Krebs, a spokesman for the Milwaukie Police Department.

Krebs did not reveal how authorities believe the child was killed or how many times he had been struck. He also wouldn't say whether the boy was already dead when he was left in the woods, though he said the autopsy showed the child died from his injuries.

http://www.duluthsuperior.com/mld/duluthsuperior/news/nation/12050419.htm

kpass said:
This is really a SICK - SAD world we live in! I can't imagine a "grandmother" killing her grandchild!!! Is this 'step' grandmother Matal's mother's step-mother? What is the relation? God rest his little soul, she should get the Death Penalty!

Edited...OK, I see now that he's the step-dad's mother. What a no good piece of crap, I certainly hope her son didn't inherit any of her BAD genes!
I never did see that definitively. Is she the mother's step-mother or the step-father's mother? :waitasec:

ETA: Here it is, from mysteriew's link:

Step-grandmother leads police to boy's body

Laura Acevedo, and her husband, Daniel Acevedo -- Coffman's son, and Matal's stepfather -- pleaded for information that would help Matal "come home with us."

CaliKid said:
So the step-grandma was living with her son and his girlfriend- the mother of Matal in their home? I heard Matal, his mother and her boyfriend were living with his mother, Christine Coffman, in her house.
And I heard that the step-father was not living there at all. lol.

ABC News: Step-Grandmother Held in Ore. Boy's Death

Matal Zachery Sanchez was reported missing Wednesday afternoon from his home in the Portland suburb of Milwaukie, where he lived with his mother and step-grandmother, Christine Coffman.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back