GUILTY OR - Matal Sanchez, 4, Milwaukie, 29 June 2005

Bobbisangel said:
Well,Granny won't have to worry about having a place to live from now on. She'll have a permnant bed at Purdy...WA state woman's Correctional Center.
I personally hope that she'll only need that bed until all of her DP appeals run out.

mysteriew said:
Krebs did not reveal how authorities believe the child was killed or how many times he had been struck. He also wouldn't say whether the boy was already dead when he was left in the woods, though he said the autopsy showed the child died from his injuries.

http://www.duluthsuperior.com/mld/duluthsuperior/news/nation/12050419.htm
Are you kidding me??? I pray that she didn't leave that boy suffering and dying alone in those woods! Good God. Yeah, let her kill herself now. The disgusting thief made the decision to steal from those that trusted her; so that baby had to suffer because SHE was under stress? I can't stand it.

JerseyGirl said:
Are you kidding me??? I pray that she didn't leave that boy suffering and dying alone in those woods! Good God. Yeah, let her kill herself now. The disgusting thief made the decision to steal from those that trusted her; so that baby had to suffer because SHE was under stress? I can't stand it.
I agree, I saw mention of suicide watch, bring on the razor blades.

This pathetic ***** does not deserve any sympathy because she was under pressure. What running a garden center.

nvfc said:

This pathetic ***** does not deserve any sympathy because she was under pressure. What running a garden center.
Even if she was running the CIA, that precious baby boy relied on her to take care of him. And instead, she killed him and dumped him ALONE in the forest. I'm completely furious. It's just one sickening story after another. And then the folks in the prison have to make sure that she doesn't kill herself or someone might end up suing them. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

nvfc said:

Nope she dont deserve any smypathy none nada zilch zero nothing!!! Of course some idiot will start up about her mental illness and she was a victim too and blah blah cry me a freakin river I am sooooooo sick and tired of these damn excuses and esp. when it comes to the poor little babies that are suffering because of these mental cases. If your that much of a nut job then go to your local insane asylum check yourself in and never come out. Please! Our children are at risk here these people obviously don't need to be out on the streets.

Mygirlsadie said:
Nope she dont deserve any smypathy none nada zilch zero nothing!!! Of course some idiot will start up about her mental illness and she was a victim too and blah blah cry me a freakin river I am sooooooo sick and tired of these damn excuses and esp. when it comes to the poor little babies that are suffering because of these mental cases. If your that much of a nut job then go to your local insane asylum check yourself in and never come out. Please! Our children are at risk here these people obviously don't need to be out on the streets.

I like your passion, I feel the same way!

Mygirlsadie said:
Yep saw the picture. She looks like the evil filthy pig that she is. I hope she rots in hell.

there's just no words is there. I hope she gets the death penalty. Poor dear precious child.

why, why, why

Bumping for Matel. Has anyone heard any further news on this case? Like why the "grandmother" did it?

TIA

jannuncutt said:
Where did the information about his mother come from? It makes her sound horrible! Is it based on facts?

Knowing Trisha it is based on facts but I am still waiting on confirmation of sources, when I get them I will post them.

Here is the newspaper article that the Matel story was based on.

Thanks Magnum

SAMMAMISH - The parents of a murdered Oregon boy thanked the public Wednesday for helping them through what they called, "a very, very difficult time."

And KOMO 4 News has learned Matal Sanchez's short life included time here in our area.

Susi Strom saw the pictures of 4-yearold Matal on the news, and she recognized him right away.

"He had these beautiful big chubby cheeks and a little droopy eye and beautiful big brown eyes," she describes.

Matal died in Oregon from a blow to the head.

His step-grandmother, Christine Coffman, is charged in his murder.

She appeared aloof in court at her arraignment Tuesday, where she was ordered held without bail.

It's the first Strom has seen or heard of Matal since 2001.

But that year, in his infancy, Matal spent weeks at a time with her family in their Sammamish home.

She says Matal's mother would leave the baby with a friend. And that friend brought Matal here.

"He'd come to us in diapers that hadn't been changed in three or four days, just full, just falling off of him. He had such terrible diaper rash, I took him to the doctor," Strom says.

Matal was just a year younger than Strom's youngest son, Jeremy. She would dress Matal in Jeremy's clothes and let him sleep in Jeremy's crib.

"Once you fed him and cleaned him up and got the diaper rash cleared up, he was such a happy, happy, healthy child," Strom says.

Strom says she tried to get the state to intervene, but Matal eventually wound up with his family in Oregon, and she never saw him again.

Wednesday, Matal's parents thanked searchers through a spokesman but otherwise are in seclusion.

Strom doesn't know how Matal spent the last three years, and she never met his step-grandmother.

But she's grieving for the boy who lived too short a life.

"He obviously wasn't appreciated," she says.

That poor, poor little boy. He looked so happy in his pictures.

I truly believe he is happy now and playing with the angels.

Here are 2 snips from this article. It is worse than I expected. She tried strangling first, then she killed him with a rock! She is extremely sick! :furious:

Christine Coffman is currently being held without bail on charges she murdered her step-grandson, Matal Sanchez. The 43-year-old led police to his body earlier this month.

Monday morning, the Probable Cause Affidavit, the document that led police to arrest Coffman, was released. The document shows that Coffman told investigators that she drove Matal Sanchez from his home, tried to strangle him three different times and then took him outside Estacada where she struck him with a rock, killing him.

http://katu.com/stories/78448.html

this is horrible!! And disgusting! And despicable :mad:

That poor little boy :(

The document says Coffman told police she took the boy from the home they shared with his mother and step-dad in Milwaukie and tried to strangle him three times.

Then, the affidavit says Coffman drove to a heavily wooded stretch of road about 25 miles away from Milwaukie "where she struck him with a rock, killing him," according to the Clackamas County sergeant who took her confession.

Coffman had red stains on her shirt the day Matal disappeared; she told police she got the stains while berry-picking. But tests confirmed they were blood stains, including some "where it appeared berries had been rubbed over an underlying blood stain," according to the court documents.

The documents also say police found blood on a cushion in Coffman's car, along with "small metal fiber consistent wtih a brillo type scouring pad... used to clean the outer material of the seat cusion."

Police described Coffman in court documents as "psychotic, depressed and often suicidal." They go on to say that she tried to kill herself by cutting her throat and "was nearly successful."

Laura Acevedo, and her husband, Daniel Acevedo, who is Coffman's son, have not spoken to the media since Coffman was arrested. Both were among six witness who testified before the grand jury that indicted Coffman, court records showed.
http://www.kgw.com/news-local/stories/kgw_071805_news_stepgrandmother_documents.b63a705.html

The Probable Cause affidavit explains why police arrested Christine Coffman, 43, who is charged with aggravated murder. It says she admitted killing Matal Sanchez on June 29 after driving him to a remote area in the woods outside Estacada.

The document says Coffman told police she took the boy from the home they shared with his mother and step-dad in Milwaukie and tried to strangle him three times.

Then, the affidavit says Coffman drove to a heavily wooded stretch of road about 25 miles away from Milwaukie "where she struck him with a rock, killing him," according to the Clackamas County sergeant who took her confession.

Laura Acevedo, and her husband, Daniel Acevedo, who is Coffman's son, have not spoken to the media since Coffman was arrested. Both were among six witness who testified before the grand jury that indicted Coffman, court records showed.
http://www.kgw.com/news-local/stories/kgw_071805_news_stepgrandmother_documents.b63a705.html

mysteriew said:

She did not just get angry & lose all rational reasoning for a moment. She took this poor baby from his home & tried to kill him 3 times before she hit him with a rock! :furious: She drove for 25 miles & have every **** opportunity to stop this! :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

madgallico said:
She did not just get angry & lose all rational reasoning for a moment. She took this poor baby from his home & tried to kill him 3 times before she hit him with a rock! :furious: She drove for 25 miles & have every **** opportunity to stop this! :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:
The new information is truly sickening. How this poor boy had to suffer, and knowing what she was trying to do to him. I wish her suicide attempt had been successful yet a part of me would think it's too easy and too good for her. This story is heart-breaking.

Acevedo told police that Coffman, her mother-in-law, brought Acevedo's 1-year-old daughter into the bathroom about 3 p.m. June 29 as Acevedo was getting ready to take a shower and said she was leaving to run errands. When Acevedo got out of the shower, Matal was missing, and a massive search was launched.

The boy's mother did not think Matal was with Coffman because his car seat was still at their Milwaukie home.

When Coffman arrived home about 6:20 p.m., she had red stains -- later determined to be blood -- and bark dust on her shirt. She told investigators she left home without Matal and took a five-mile walk in Gladstone, picking blackberries along the way. She said she later went to Willamette Falls Hospital to have blood drawn, bought raspberries at a fruit and vegetable store, bought gas and was pulled over by a police officer.

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/news/1121767204263540.xml&coll=7&thispage=2

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back