Oral Arguments Tammi Smith Motions 6/18/12

So now that her motion for a new trial has been denied . . . does that mean that today's hearing is over?

Sad to see DaisyNae hasn't joined us...she was so excited about today's hearing.

IIRC Daisy Nae's last post showed interest/concern whether Tammi would get house arrest because of the 2 little ones....seemed to have that confused with "jail" arrest. So when that was explained, she disappeared. Maybe she got busy or something.

So now that her motion for a new trial has been denied . . . does that mean that today's hearing is over?

Nope, now we have the 703 motion arguments - the prior bad acts motion.

The 703 motion will decide if she's eligible for probation...

Conga line, anyone? :party:

Bring on the cabana boys, music and margaritas!!! I am off to the hot tub with my DH and will return later to check in for updates. I will be thinking of TS while I am soaking in the jets with an ice cold dark porter, and she is squirming in her chair at the defendents table. That's about as close as I can come to celebrating the first bit of news from the courtroom. The verdict stands . . . no new trial Missy!

I have heard that the Governor of Arizona is a "friend" on her FB and possibly support page, both of which were always available to just about anybody as she has wanted to demonstrate to the world that she is INNOCENT and also to pray for anybody who doubts that.

So if the Gov. is monitoring that, makes sense Judge, prosecution and everybody else is, too.

Seriously...of the 1500 or so friends on the Support fb, 2 actually know her, 12 or so are true (deranged) supporters that actually converse with her on fb and possibly by text and phone, upwards of 50 are all alias who follow her around like a dog in heat, hoping she will reveal Gabriel's whereabouts, and the remaining friends probably don't even realize she has friended them, as their setting are set to automatically add friends when requested. jmo

MC Superior Court‏@courtpio

Judge Kreamer ruled that Tammi Smith's offenses are part of a single criminal objective.

Court Tweet:
Judge Kreamer ruled that Tammi Smith's offenses are part of a single criminal objective.

probation or jail to be determined July 6

Court Tweet:
Judge Kreamer to decide if Tammi Smith will be incarcerated on 7/6 or be placed on probation.

The silence is deafening.

Certainly the attys had to submit their arguments to judge in writing before today, he has had plenty of time to review them and think about it. Their oral arguments are just to add their own particular fuel. My guess is that he has already made some decisions. I wonder who of those on prosecution's "side" is present today. Tammi Smith didn't have many supporters in the court room as I recall. I wonder if the detectives are there today, sitting on pros. side or even at the table, as at trial.

new tweet . . . Judge trying to decide if she will go to jail 7/6 or on pprobation

I guess her single criminal objective is to lie, cheat, steal, forge, steal other people's children, and deny Dad's their parental rights all in the same process.

So, I suspect that SOG, Havilah, etc. will all be presented on July 6 for sentencing.

Too bad someone didn't look into the bond issue today (collateral, that is)....

Looking forward to hearing everyone's comments on the latest information!

If you mean the Judges decision that it was a single act...well, I'm disappointed as I'm sure many others are as well. Poor baby Gabriel...there will never be justice for this lil' boy and Tammi will probably get probation and continue to help other young mother's like EJ....what a shame.

I assume the attys will now be preparing their oral argument regarding the sentencing. And I don't know - can anybody tell me if attys submit those arguments in writing to the judge beforehand? I assume (but don't know) that they don't have to submit a copy to the other atty beforehand, that doesn't make sense....

If you mean the Judges decision that it was a single act...well, I'm disappointed as I'm sure many others are as well. Poor baby Gabriel...there will never be justice for this lil' boy and Tammi will probably get probation and continue to help other young mother's like EJ....what a shame.

I'm wondering if this doesn't also apply to Elizabeth. I'd love to hear what her attorney thinks about this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back