Owen Wilson hospitalized

Sometimes people look like they have it all - clown and smile on the outside and seem happy - but are lonely, empty, insecure and deeply troubled on the INSIDE. Owen may appear to have the perfect life - but it isn't what you have (money, fame, good looks) that counts when you are depressed. In fact, fame and money may just make him feel MORE like a failure because they aren't making him happy. Depression makes people like Owen THINK they MUST be the biggest failures in the world because they know rationally that they SHOULD be having the best and happiest time of their life - and they aren't.

Thank Heaven someone got to him before it was too late. Thankfully Owen reached out in some way for help and that person obviously responded and took it seriously. The reports are saying he was in very serious condition - took a variety of pills and cut his wrist(s). This was an almost successful attempt to take his own life - he must be in tremendous pain and very depressed. How sad and what a wake up call for his friends and family.

Owen obviously is in need of help and support and I am sending strong, healing and peaceful thoughts to him and his loved ones. May Owen find and slay his inner demons and find a healthy, positive and meaningful future awaiting him doing whatever makes him feel happy and valued and blessed.

And to all :angel: who heeded the call and saved Owen from his darker self - THANK YOU!

My Opinion

He is attractive, very wealthy and famous.
WHY would he try to kill himself?

I hope he gets some much needed therapy.

you guys should remember that most of the weekly magazines like enquire...tend to make stuff up totally blow something out of poportion (twist things around)...even entertainment tonight cant always be believed....
the stars will tell you that themselves....they write stuff for sales thats it and it doesnt matter if it hurts anyone in the process as long as their sales are up.
Let's hope this is one of their half truths....

This is heartbreaking to hear.
One never knows who in their life will take their own life.
I never expected the ones in my life that died from suicide to take their life.
They were the ones that you would least expect to do that.
I feel for Owen's family and friends.
Respectfully,
dark_shadows
Hi dark shadows :blowkiss:
I agree with you, We never expected to experience suicide in our family either, its so sad and shocking. It seems to ALWAYS be the ones you least expect.
Prayers to Owen and his family.

I sort of follow Kate Hudson, and the reported story about their breakup was that she was more serious than he, and he was not ready to take it to that level.

Dingo's link that he posted is more informative.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=289959

It was Owens brother Andrew that found Owen.

Luke was seen driving away from Cedars hospital with a blond 'friend', wonder IF IF IF it might have been Kate?

I totally love Luke!!! I have not seen Zoolander?
'Meet the Parents' and his fancy house that he built with his own hands. The wedding gazebo he built was so much a part of that buildup in the movie and then when it burned to the ground through a series of bumbling events, was full of humorous pathos.

Pray that he emerges and lives to a ripe old and happy age!!!

This will be a bombshell, stories will come from every direction!!! Some true and some not. The stories will not take away my admiration and love of Owen and his movies.

I love, love, love Owen and hope that he recovers soon. He has such talent. I can't believe no one has mentioned Shanghai Noon and Shanghai Knights. He and Jackie Chan work wonderfully together.

Please god, let him be okay and mentally healthy.

He is attractive, very wealthy and famous.
WHY would he try to kill himself?

I hope he gets some much needed therapy.

Because, ultimately, happiness comes from what we have inside and not outside.

From some of the things I read, it sounds like he may have some addiction issues as well.

In any event, my prayers go out to this talented, confused man. May he find peace and recovery from his pains.

Anyone remember Pete Duel (nee Peter Deuel)?

Some of his anon friends wrote a poem to him, published in the Reporter way back...

"Successive series - one, two, three.
You've fooled the mob but not fooled me.
Now deep rest and worry no more,
while the rest of us pace the hardwood floor...
Waiting for phones that never ring
and trying our dam*dest to laugh and sing.
Well, Peter, I hope you found your peace.
We, your friends, will be your wreath."

Some of his friends believe if he had it to do over again, he would not have taken his life.

Most of us don't know these public faces, let alone what demons they may fight.

RIP PD 2/24/40-12/31/71
--yes I remember Pete Duel--As a kid,I remember seeing him in a TV western series that I forgot the name of--Hollywood suicides are always shocking since we always believe money and fame equal happiness---here's a partial list off the top of my head; Inger Stevens(manic-depressive), Nick Adams, Gig Young, Brian Keith from '60's TV Series Family Affair(had cancer tho),also the young girl who played Buffy in Family Affair,killed herself at age 17(a case which still haunts me to this day)), Marilyn Monroe, Capucine(French actress from Pink Panther movies), Freddie Prinze(comedian,just 22 years old) Richard Jeni(comedian,manic-depressive)--also the girl from Different Strokes,Dana Plato killed herself at age 32

I sort of follow Kate Hudson, and the reported story about their breakup was that she was more serious than he, and he was not ready to take it to that level.

Dingo's link that he posted is more informative.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=289959

It was Owens brother Andrew that found Owen.

Luke was seen driving away from Cedars hospital with a blond 'friend', wonder IF IF IF it might have been Kate?

I totally love Luke!!! I have not seen Zoolander?
'Meet the Parents' and his fancy house that he built with his own hands. The wedding gazebo he built was so much a part of that buildup in the movie and then when it burned to the ground through a series of bumbling events, was full of humorous pathos.

Pray that he emerges and lives to a ripe old and happy age!!!

This will be a bombshell, stories will come from every direction!!! Some true and some not. The stories will not take away my admiration and love of Owen and his movies.

Camper, just letting you know that Dingo is a lovely young lady, you referred to Dingo as he.

Owen Wilson is my husban's man-crush. We both love him and his acting style. It's weird, because it's almost reminiscent of his brother Luke's character's suicide attempt in The Royal Tennenbaums.

Kate Hudson was in LA this weekend because some pics were published of her and her new boyfriend, Dax Shepard, in a grocery store so it's possible that she could have gone to visit him.
http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/14943627.html#cutid1

Dax is an actor. His biggest role was in Employee of the Month with Dane Cook and Jessica Simpson. He was also in Idiocracy with Luke Wilson.

Ohhhhh that is so sad. I just love him too!!!!!

I'm assuming that Luke is taking his breakup with Kate Hudson very hard. I hope that he didn't "seriously" try to end his life. No person is worth that. Hopefully, he will get some therapy and move on with his life.

Camper, just letting you know that Dingo is a lovely young lady, you referred to Dingo as he.

--->>>Just suffering from hat-gender dis-association. Dingo is a dog so guys often are called dogs, so hmmm. Plus I am a lovely old lady with a hat that sounds manly too. Now IF someone tells me that Peter Hamilton is a lady, that will really blow my mind. Sorry Dingo, did not mean harm for you by being dumbheaded.

I, too, love Owen Wilson and pray for a speedy recovery and for him to find happiness and peace in his life.

*If* this was a suicide attempt.....people who are suicidally depressed are not that way because they have nothing to live for. It's because in their minds, they are *not* what the world thinks they are. Speaking for myself, I felt like I was the biggest waste of oxygen currently taking up space on the planet, and that my children would literally be better off without such a freaked out shell of a mother. To hear people tell me that I had everything to live for, that I needed to "snap out of it", that I was a "wonderful person"....it all just made it worse, made me feel like an ungrateful, weak, pathetic fraud (because I obviously was NOT wonderful since I was so ungrateful and weak, etc).

I hope that if this was a suicide attempt, that Owen gets the help he needs. Depression is a dark, lonely, frightening hole to be in, no matter how many people you have around you :(

OOOH I hope this isn't true.. I love his movies.. he is sooo cute and funny... prayers for him..

This guy is a crackup. He always makes me laugh with just how he can look at ya. I loved him in You me and dupree. I hope he gets better and that he can heal his insides too.:innocent:

*If* this was a suicide attempt.....people who are suicidally depressed are not that way because they have nothing to live for. It's because in their minds, they are *not* what the world thinks they are. Speaking for myself, I felt like I was the biggest waste of oxygen currently taking up space on the planet, and that my children would literally be better off without such a freaked out shell of a mother. To hear people tell me that I had everything to live for, that I needed to "snap out of it", that I was a "wonderful person"....it all just made it worse, made me feel like an ungrateful, weak, pathetic fraud (because I obviously was NOT wonderful since I was so ungrateful and weak, etc).

I hope that if this was a suicide attempt, that Owen gets the help he needs. Depression is a dark, lonely, frightening hole to be in, no matter how many people you have around you :(

What a chilling account, Lisa! I'm glad you made it through that period and I hope you never have to face such depression again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back