Owen Wilson hospitalized

*If* this was a suicide attempt.....people who are suicidally depressed are not that way because they have nothing to live for. It's because in their minds, they are *not* what the world thinks they are. Speaking for myself, I felt like I was the biggest waste of oxygen currently taking up space on the planet, and that my children would literally be better off without such a freaked out shell of a mother. To hear people tell me that I had everything to live for, that I needed to "snap out of it", that I was a "wonderful person"....it all just made it worse, made me feel like an ungrateful, weak, pathetic fraud (because I obviously was NOT wonderful since I was so ungrateful and weak, etc).

I hope that if this was a suicide attempt, that Owen gets the help he needs. Depression is a dark, lonely, frightening hole to be in, no matter how many people you have around you :(

Isn't it amazing what medicine and therapy can do to help depression nowadays? I know of what you speak and the journey you have taken. It is a struggle but when the cloud lifts and you glimpse sunlight . . .

On Glenn Beck's show tonite, he said that Owen had a stomach full of pills and a sliced wrist. I'm not sure if that's correct, but Beck usually knows what he's talking about. I like Owen, so I hope he'll get some help.

I read somewhere - sorry, I don't have a link - that Wilson went to Hazelden several years ago to be treated for addiction and perhaps depression. According to some friends he had relapsed some time ago and has been using again, so this suicide attempt is probably the result of the progression of addiction/depression.

My continued prayers for him and his family. I buried a friend last year with a similar story - only her suicide attempt was successful.

I read somewhere - sorry, I don't have a link - that Wilson went to Hazelden several years ago to be treated for addiction and perhaps depression. According to some friends he had relapsed some time ago and has been using again, so this suicide attempt is probably the result of the progression of addiction/depression.

My continued prayers for him and his family. I buried a friend last year with a similar story - only her suicide attempt was successful.

I'm sorry darlin!!!! My best to you.

--->>>Just suffering from hat-gender dis-association. Dingo is a dog so guys often are called dogs, so hmmm. Plus I am a lovely old lady with a hat that sounds manly too. Now IF someone tells me that Peter Hamilton is a lady, that will really blow my mind. Sorry Dingo, did not mean harm for you by being dumbheaded.

No worries Camper.:blowkiss: .I get called all sorts of things:) ...Im not sure what Peter Hamiliton is:innocent: :D

Thanks, Jeana. It was very hard. When I met her, she was clean and in a very good place. It was so sad to watch depression and addiction overcome her.

When they are really ready to die, there's nothing that anyone can do to stop them. Hopefully, one day it will be easier to try and get to them before they reach that stage - where they're just thinking about it, but don't have the plans in motion.

I'm so sad to hear that Owen has a substance abuse problem and depression. I believe he began his acting interest here at The University of Texas.

He seems to have talent and does well; but he's always the "funny, crazy" guy. I've noticed he never seems to have a long term relationship with a woman; maybe the women he likes just don't like him for the long term.

I remember in magazines tho' he kind of describes himself as a "wild and crazy guy" who doesn't really want to settle down. Recently I read that he actually was living with his brother Luke, at least while they were making a movie together.

I always thought his brother Luke was really mysterious and handsome; and loved The Royal Tennenbaums.

I hope he can get the help he needs; obviously he's crying for help.

I'm so sad to hear that Owen has a substance abuse problem and depression. I believe he began his acting interest here at The University of Texas.

He seems to have talent and does well; but he's always the "funny, crazy" guy. I've noticed he never seems to have a long term relationship with a woman; maybe the women he likes just don't like him for the long term.

I remember in magazines tho' he kind of describes himself as a "wild and crazy guy" who doesn't really want to settle down. Recently I read that he actually was living with his brother Luke, at least while they were making a movie together.

I always thought his brother Luke was really mysterious and handsome; and loved The Royal Tennenbaums.

I hope he can get the help he needs; obviously he's crying for help.

Funny you mention The Royal Tennenbaums!! I loved it too!! BUT luke played the part of someone suicidal.

Hollywood just turns them out and churns them up doesn't it???

Funny you mention The Royal Tennenbaums!! I loved it too!! BUT luke played the part of someone suicidal.

Hollywood just turns them out and churns them up doesn't it???

I know he did, (but it's Owen who's really suicidal); but they did an excellent acting job, it was a dark movie, but I thought it was facinating.

Maybe it was not so far from home afterall? I wonder if Luke suffers from depression too; he was certainly able to act the part.

If I am not mistaken, Owen helped Wes Anderson write the Royal Tennenbaums.

I am so very sorry, SCM!

When they are really ready to die, there's nothing that anyone can do to stop them. Hopefully, one day it will be easier to try and get to them before they reach that stage - where they're just thinking about it, but don't have the plans in motion.

TMZ just confirmed that it was a suicide attempt. The call was placed by his brother.

http://www.tmz.com/ It's the fifth story. This is just so sad.

This link also contains a pretty revealing picture of Amy Winehouse. (Close your eyes).

You just never know what goes on in peoples lives and heads.
I wish him well. He is a talented actor and hilarious.
GOD BLESS OWEN. :innocent:

I'm still saddend by this. Shocked as well. He seems like a private person and doesn't wallow in the limelight like others. My heart goes out to him and his family...

TMZ just confirmed that it was a suicide attempt. The call was placed by his brother.

http://www.tmz.com/ It's the fifth story. This is just so sad.

This link also contains a pretty revealing picture of Amy Winehouse. (Close your eyes).
--Well, i don't know who amy winehouse is, but I did enjoy seeing that Angelina Jolie is visiting our troops in Iraq--good for her

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back