PA PA - Alicia Markovich, 15, Blairsville, 26 Apr 1987

BUMP-

Anything new?

Colleen Orsborn /Deborah Quimby/Alicia Markovich
3 different females vanished and/or killed in 3 different states. The link, 3 anonymous letters mailed to police or to the victim’s Family members, telling them to look near a body of water for the bodies. A further link, all 3 of these letters were mailed from the same 3 square mile in NH. Without a doubt, by the same person. Not to pat myself on the back, but I linked these 3 cases to those letters and contacted police in each case. They investigated, and think the letters were likely from a single hoaxer. I tend to agree.

ALICIA MARKOVICH Missing: Apr 26, 1987 BLAIRSVILLE, PA

ALICIA MARKOVICH
DOB: Feb 20, 1972
Missing: Apr 26, 1987
Age at time: 15
Age Now: 32
Sex: Female
Race: White
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue
Height: 5'2" (157 cm)
Weight: 120 lbs (54 kg)
Missing From: BLAIRSVILLE, PA, United States
Endangered Missing

Alicia was last seen at her father's residence.

Pennsylvania State Police - Missing Persons Unit - 1-724-357-1978
NCMC601810c1.jpg

Link
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...aseNum=601810&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

Bumping for Alicia today.

Alicia, circa 1987; Age-progression to age 38 (circa 2010)
  • Date of Birth 02/20/1972 (47)
  • Age 15 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'2, 120 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A white crop top with three stripes colored red, yellow and blue, jeans and white sneakers.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Alicia's ears are pierced."
Alicia Markovich
"In 2001, Alicia’s father received a letter postmarked in New Bedford, New Hampshire, which expressed remorse and instructed him to search along Conemaugh River. Police went to the residence listed on the return address, but the residents knew nothing about the letter and had never heard of Alicia. A search was conducted in the area specified, but nothing was found.

Personally, I believe the letter was a hoax. A similar letter, also postmarked in New Hampshire, was received in Deborah Quimby’s case.

Alicia’s father lived very close to a busy highway that was frequently traveled by truckers. It’s been considered that Alicia may have walked to the highway and hitched a ride.

Alicia’s mother did not believe that Alicia would have been capable of making it on her own and believes she met with foul play.

Although both parents initially suspected the other of hiding her, this has been ruled out as a possibility.

Alicia is an only child. At the time of her disappearance, she had just begun participating in track at school, and she enjoyed Agatha Christie books."

I don't think anything new will ever come out of this case ..The dad and stepmom won't cooperate with the police and sit down and have a conversation.They think the cops should have had the conversation years ago ..The stepmom is a very mean woman,This lady will go crazy at work and say I've killed people and got away with it to her co-workers..They know something if not more..

Alicia Bernice Markovich – The Charley Project

Last updated July 7, 2021; details of disappearance updated.

Details of Disappearance
Alicia's mother had custody of her in 1987 and they resided in Windber, Pennsylvania. Alicia was visiting her father at his home in the 100 block of Dunn Avenue in Blairsville, Pennsylvania on April 26, 1987. She and her father had an argument that evening about her school grades, her friends and her mother's request for an increase in child support.

Her father told authorities that Alicia walked out of his residence abruptly and never looked back towards the house. He called after her and told her to return home by 8:00 p.m. He believed she was going to a friend's house. Alicia has never been heard from again. She was carrying a pair of purple sunglasses at the time of her disappearance, but left all her other belongings behind. Her father reported her missing the next day.

Alicia was initially classified as a runaway, but her mother stated she had no history of running away, wasn't streetwise and couldn't have survived on own. Police eventually concluded Alicia had probably been murdered, most likely on the same day she was last seen. They do not have any suspects in her case; neither have they ruled anyone out. Alicia's mother also believes her daughter was deliberately murdered and she thinks she knows who the killer is, but the individual has not been named as a suspect or charged in Alicia's case.

In October 2000, Alicia's father got a letter saying she had been killed, and her body put in a certain place. The letter was postmarked New Bedford, New Hampshire and had a return address from that city.

When police went to the address, the people living there said they had not sent the letter, had no idea who did, had no knowledge of Alicia's disappearance and had never been to Blairsville. Investigators also searched the location named in the letter for Alicia's body, but found nothing of interest. Authorities subsequently decided the letter was a hoax. Its true author has never been identified.

Alicia was a freshman at Windber High School at the time of her disappearance; she was a good student and a member of the school's track team. There has been no activity on her bank account or Social Security number since 1987. Her case remains unsolved.

Was her father ever actively involved in searches or in continuous contact with LE over the years? Any effort in finding her? Sometimes what you don't do speaks volumes.

He has refused to cooperate with law enforcement this whole time. He refused to take a polygraph test (which was offered many times), and his wife won’t talk to anyone about her disappearance. As far as I know, he hasn’t bothered looking for her.

I don't think anything new will ever come out of this case ..The dad and stepmom won't cooperate with the police and sit down and have a conversation.They think the cops should have had the conversation years ago ..The stepmom is a very mean woman,This lady will go crazy at work and say I've killed people and got away with it to her co-workers..They know something if not more..

When did she say that? I’m curious because I know her personally and have always felt like she was hiding something.

Was the stepmom married to Alicia's dad when she disappeared?

When did she say that? I’m curious because I know her personally and have always felt like she was hiding something.
This case is kind of local to me. I have always wondered what happened to her.

Sept 27 2021
New efforts to find teenager last seen in Blairsville in 1987
Sept 27 2021 rbbm.
''Markovich was last seen leaving her father's house along Dunn Avenue on April 26, 1987, after the pair got into an argument.

She wasn't heard from again.

On the 24th anniversary of her disappearance in 2011, state police announced they wanted to take a fresh look at the case.

"I feel like I sometimes don't have a purpose here because I always wanted grandchildren and I always wanted more children but that never happened," said her mother, Marcie Smith, during a 2011 press conference.

But the case remains cold more than three decades later. State police told Pittsburgh's Action News 4 on Monday that they would look into the case to see if there were any developments over the years.

"We just decided, you know what, Marcie, she never really had anybody to stand beside her, to help her do all of this," Hiner said.

Hiner and another friend of Markovich, along with Markovich's mother want to bring the case back in the spotlight to give her mother closure.''

Last edited:
Sept 27 2021
New efforts to find teenager last seen in Blairsville in 1987
Sept 27 2021 rbbm.
''Markovich was last seen leaving her father's house along Dunn Avenue on April 26, 1987, after the pair got into an argument.

She wasn't heard from again.

On the 24th anniversary of her disappearance in 2011, state police announced they wanted to take a fresh look at the case.

"I feel like I sometimes don't have a purpose here because I always wanted grandchildren and I always wanted more children but that never happened," said her mother, Marcie Smith, during a 2011 press conference.

But the case remains cold more than three decades later. State police told Pittsburgh's Action News 4 on Monday that they would look into the case to see if there were any developments over the years.

"We just decided, you know what, Marcie, she never really had anybody to stand beside her, to help her do all of this," Hiner said.

Hiner and another friend of Markovich, along with Markovich's mother want to bring the case back in the spotlight to give her mother closure.''

Thanks for sharing Dotr! I drive Route 22 quite often to head to my inlaws in Ebensburg. glad they aren't giving up on her case and maybe someone will finally come forward with information.

I wish the cops would take a cadivor dog over the property.They have another house in Ohio where the dad works..Why would you have 2 houses?? They tore down a garage 3 years ago that was built while she went missing..

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoyaMathilde
Back