PA PA - Alicia Markovich, 15, Blairsville, 26 Apr 1987

I wish the cops would take a cadivor dog over the property.They have another house in Ohio where the dad works..Why would you have 2 houses?? They tore down a garage 3 years ago that was built while she went missing..
I wish the cops would take a cadivor dog over the property.They have another house in Ohio where the dad works..Why would you have 2 houses?? They tore down a garage 3 years ago that was built while she went missing..

I had someone reach out to me years back and also thought the father knew more about his disappearance than what he has ever said.

This will blow your mind

Watching the video now. The dad refused a lie detector test 19 times?
This dad needs to be investigated again!

So glad to hear that new info has been received and they will be looking into it.

We went up Route 22 on Saturday to and from the PSU football game. We didn't see the billboard yet, but hoping once it is up it will get people talking.

Watching the video now. The dad refused a lie detector test 19 times?
This dad needs to be investigated again!

So glad to hear that new info has been received and they will be looking into it.

We went up Route 22 on Saturday to and from the PSU football game. We didn't see the billboard yet, but hoping once it is up it will get people talking.
ITS UP NOW!!

Alicia's NamUs Case was modified this morning. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) - So glad they are working on her case!!
@chrissie063 - Alicia's NamUs profile is listing her as only being between 4ft 2in to 4ft 6in? Was she that short? I am thinking this is a typo and you may want to let authorities in charge of her case of the typo.

Alicia's currently has 11 rule outs on her profile.( 2 are listed twice so she actually has 9 rule outs)
UP4778 06/16/1987 Lucas OH
UP8419 01/16/2001 Isle of Wight VA
UP7660 08/30/1987 Orange CA
UP7660 08/30/1987 Orange CA
UP1665 07/31/1991 Frederick MD
UP12683 06/06/2014 Newport News VA
UP2224 09/19/1990 Orange NC
UP1489 02/04/1990 Gloucester NJ
UP6787 02/27/1991 Bernalillo NM
UP6787 02/27/1991 Bernalillo NM
UP5233 07/02/2005 Luna NM

rbbm.
''Last updated July 7, 2021; details of disappearance updated.
Alicia Bernice Markovich – The Charley Project

• markovich_alicia.jpg

• alicia_bernice_markovich_6.jpg

• alicia_bernice_markovich_7.jpg

• markovich_alicia5.jpg
  • markovich_alicia_ap.jpg
Alicia, circa 1987; Age-progression to age 47 (circa 2019)
  • Missing Since 04/26/1987
  • Missing From Blairsville, Pennsylvania
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 02/20/1972 (49)
  • Age 15 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'2, 120 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A white crop top with three stripes colored red, yellow and blue, jeans and white sneakers.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Alicia's ears are pierced.
Details of Disappearance
Alicia's mother had custody of her in 1987 and they resided in Windber, Pennsylvania. Alicia was visiting her father at his home in the 100 block of Dunn Avenue in Blairsville, Pennsylvania on April 26, 1987. She and her father had an argument that evening about her school grades, her friends and her mother's request for an increase in child support.

Her father told authorities that Alicia walked out of his residence abruptly and never looked back towards the house. He called after her and told her to return home by 8:00 p.m. He believed she was going to a friend's house. Alicia has never been heard from again. She was carrying a pair of purple sunglasses at the time of her disappearance, but left all her other belongings behind. Her father reported her missing the next day.

Alicia was initially classified as a runaway, but her mother stated she had no history of running away, wasn't streetwise and couldn't have survived on own. Police eventually concluded Alicia had probably been murdered, most likely on the same day she was last seen. They do not have any suspects in her case; neither have they ruled anyone out. Alicia's mother also believes her daughter was deliberately murdered and she thinks she knows who the killer is, but the individual has not been named as a suspect or charged in Alicia's case.

In October 2000, Alicia's father got a letter saying she had been killed, and her body put in a certain place. The letter was postmarked New Bedford, New Hampshire and had a return address from that city.

When police went to the address, the people living there said they had not sent the letter, had no idea who did, had no knowledge of Alicia's disappearance and had never been to Blairsville. Investigators also searched the location named in the letter for Alicia's body, but found nothing of interest. Authorities subsequently decided the letter was a hoax. Its true author has never been identified.

Alicia was a freshman at Windber High School at the time of her disappearance; she was a good student and a member of the school's track team. There has been no activity on her bank account or Social Security number since 1987. Her case remains unsolved.

ADMIN NOTE:

We have invited chrissie063 to become Verified according to Websleuths Terms of Service.

Posts that have been removed will be reinstated once verification is approved.

CHECK THIS OUT

We are asking again that if anyone has any info or thoughts that they would like to have looked into to please contact the PA State Police in Indiana County. We need a relationship with them to solve this case. And there have been a lot of information problems with people being directed to a tip line ran by one person with no law enforcement experience. The PA State Police are willing to hear our concerns and thoughts. Yes things were not handled correctly 34 years ago. But that was then and this is now. We can't change the past. Please help our efforts and contact the PA State Police with anything you think they need to know at 1-724-357-1978

ADMIN NOTE:

justice4aliciam has been verified as a long time friend of Alicia Markovich and has been very proactive in keeping Alicia's name in the public eye.

As a VI, they are not required to provide links to information they state as fact in relation to Alicia's case. Please remember to treat our VI with respect at all times. Do not argue with them or badger them for information they may not be comfortable sharing.

Thank you to justice4aliciam and everyone else who is here to discuss Alicia's case. It is long overdue for resolution.

ADMIN NOTE:

justice4aliciam has been verified as a long time friend of Alicia Markovich and has been very proactive in keeping Alicia's name in the public eye.

As a VI, they are not required to provide links to information they state as fact in relation to Alicia's case. Please remember to treat our VI with respect at all times. Do not argue with them or badger them for information they may not be comfortable sharing.

Thank you to justice4aliciam and everyone else who is here to discuss Alicia's case. It is long overdue for resolution.

Thank you very much! I look forward to helping with questions and help, etc. that anyone may need to keep Alicia's disappearance and awareness in the public.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed due to direct accusations against someone not officially named a POI>

... the billboard was a strategic move in hopes of someone recalling anything they may have forgotten over the years and a start to bringing more awareness of her disappearance to Blairsville, PA where it seems not many actually knew about Alicia's disappearance...

Last edited by a moderator:
(may or may not have anything to do with case but was an interesting find)

Regional, Indiana Gazette Friday May 6, 1988:
Saltsburg - According to state police from Kiski Valley a 1987 Subaru valued at $9,500 owned by J. Markovich of Dunn Avenue in Blairsville was recovered destroyed by fire along Loyalhanna Township Route 939 at 6:50 a.m. Thursday.
Police said the vehicle had been stolen from near the Blairsville man's residence between 1 and 6:50 a.m. Thursday.

Attachments

• Regional, Indiana Gazette Friday May 6, 1988.jpg
    Regional, Indiana Gazette Friday May 6, 1988.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 3
Sept 27 2021
New efforts to find teenager last seen in Blairsville in 1987
Sept 27 2021 rbbm.
''Markovich was last seen leaving her father's house along Dunn Avenue on April 26, 1987, after the pair got into an argument.

She wasn't heard from again.

On the 24th anniversary of her disappearance in 2011, state police announced they wanted to take a fresh look at the case.

"I feel like I sometimes don't have a purpose here because I always wanted grandchildren and I always wanted more children but that never happened," said her mother, Marcie Smith, during a 2011 press conference.

But the case remains cold more than three decades later. State police told Pittsburgh's Action News 4 on Monday that they would look into the case to see if there were any developments over the years.

"We just decided, you know what, Marcie, she never really had anybody to stand beside her, to help her do all of this," Hiner said.

Hiner and another friend of Markovich, along with Markovich's mother want to bring the case back in the spotlight to give her mother closure.''
I’m late on watching this video but I just want to comment how well done it is, so much of YouTube true crime nowadays is rife with rumor, innuendo and creating sensationalism for clicks and profit, jmo.
I’ve never seen this creator before but she is so respectful, calmly keeping with the facts without added unnecessary speculation and embellishment (19 lie detector refusals! Stolen, burnt car!), beeping out the mentions of people’s names so they aren’t stalked by online trolls, promoting the mom’s and friend’s efforts they continue to make to find Alicia..
They made a great choice to interview on this channel, jmo.

(may or may not have anything to do with case but was an interesting find)

Regional, Indiana Gazette Friday May 6, 1988:
Saltsburg - According to state police from Kiski Valley a 1987 Subaru valued at $9,500 owned by J. Markovich of Dunn Avenue in Blairsville was recovered destroyed by fire along Loyalhanna Township Route 939 at 6:50 a.m. Thursday.
Police said the vehicle had been stolen from near the Blairsville man's residence between 1 and 6:50 a.m. Thursday.
Here is a link to a websleuths thread for media links:

Media Links For Alicia Markovich: **No Discussion**

I just saw the Unfound Podcast released an episode in November about Alicia's disappearance. Listening to it now. Ed is interviewing Alicia's friend Lori that went to school with her. Alicia Markovich: Any Given Sunday | 264

At the link is also old newspaper clippings from when Alicia went missing.
Ed is fantastic! I love that he sticks strictly to facts and does not deal with hearsay or opinion. There is another podcast from truecrimeguy.com/Missing Persons Podcast Episode 41 Alicia Markovich - he is also one of my all time favorite podcasters! These guys and gal rock!!

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoyaMathilde
Back