PA PA - Jamie Peterson, 30, Ross, 26 Sept 2011

Christmas is coming near. Where are you Jamie?

Body Discovered On Pittsburgh’s North Side Overnight:

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2011/12/15/body-discovered-on-pittsburghs-north-side-overnight/

This could very well NOT be associated to Jamie, but I was wondering if someone here would help me keep an eye on this. I'm not home much over the next couple of days. This area is local to within 2.5 miles of her boyfriend's parents house and about 7.5 miles from her house. This is only the second female DB found in the area since Jamie's disappearance, to the best of my knowledge. I checked NAMUS, her status hasn't changed....Thanks millions.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2011/12/15/body-discovered-on-pittsburghs-north-side-overnight/

This could very well NOT be associated to Jamie, but I was wondering if someone here would help me keep an eye on this. I'm not home much over the next couple of days. This area is local to within 2.5 miles of her boyfriend's parents house and about 7.5 miles from her house. This is only the second female DB found in the area since Jamie's disappearance, to the best of my knowledge. I checked NAMUS, her status hasn't changed....Thanks millions.

Trying to, but other than your initial link, I can't find anything else on the discovery. PGH media frustrates me.

There were flyers in this area back in October during Jamie's father's search for her. I saw them on my way home from that search, and remember Jamie's dad telling us that this was an area where he and others had walked in their efforts to locate her.

I sure hope something breaks soon - or that Pittsburgh media would continue to let the communities know that Jamie is still missing and needs to be located. 2+ months of no coverage for a missing person is just not okay. I check for news about Jamie daily - I so hope that her family gets the answers that they need very soon.

:(

Originally Posted by missadrienne:
PGH media frustrates me.

It frustrates me too. They are quick to report but fail to effectively follow up. I just had a chance to look again, as I do every day, but CBS PGH did not follow up on this.

There were flyers in this area back in October during Jamie's father's search for her. I saw them on my way home from that search, and remember Jamie's dad telling us that this was an area where he and others had walked in their efforts to locate her.

I can't recall exactly, but I thought they were searching more toward Northview Terrace, as apparently that's where Jamie's as of yet unnamed boyfriend grew up and where his parents live.

I sure hope something breaks soon - or that Pittsburgh media would continue to let the communities know that Jamie is still missing and needs to be located. 2+ months of no coverage for a missing person is just not okay. I check for news about Jamie daily - I so hope that her family gets the answers that they need very soon.

I sure hope so, too. For her kids and other family to have to have this unanswered for the rest of their lives would be about the worst thing I could imagine.

It frustrates me too. They are quick to report but fail to effectively follow up. I just had a chance to look again, as I do every day, but CBS PGH did not follow up on this.

And still nothing.

I'd like to think that the silence means that Jamie has been found. That she took off somewhere for a few weeks and quietly returned to her family who is now getting ready to spend Christmas with her. That's a much better thought than the alternative.

Hoping for some news soon.

I could not find this story about the "body found" on any Pittsburgh stations except cbs. I started looking for it the day after the body was located and nothing! Pittsburgh has murders, but there are not THAT many that it is too much to mentioned them in the news. Wth? Argh!

What is her ex-boyfriend doing lately? I hope he stays away from Jamie's children this Christmas.

Where are you Jamie? I am certain that your children missed you for Christmas this year.

I am terribly sad that Jamie has been missing for months and we are only on page 4. Why is this case so quiet? Why hasn't there been more media coverage? Why doesn't anyone seem to care that Jamie is still missing? :sigh:

I am terribly sad that Jamie has been missing for months and we are only on page 4. Why is this case so quiet? Why hasn't there been more media coverage? Why doesn't anyone seem to care that Jamie is still missing? :sigh:

To me this screams of being one of those cases where the police know exactly what happened, but have no evidence. Hopefully they are working hard behind the scenes and will break the case soon. Too many times these cases go cold and whoever did it goes free...

It is really odd that there has been no media follow up to the body found in December. Could a person's life really not even be worth a news story?

I care, her kids care, her Mom cares and everyone at WS cares!!! The lack of media is mind-boggling...unless of course they were told to back off by LE. Anything is possible to explain this disappearance - as of near Christmas, LE said there was still nothing to report. This comes from a family member of Jamie's.

I know Jamie - her kids are almost the same age as mine. She helps me run a swim team in the summer and we've recently discussed the uncomfortable fact that we may need to look for another volunteer to fill her role. Won't be easy - she was super reliable and efficient + flexible in moving from one "job" to another, especially on days we had meets. She had my back, always. She is all about getting it done and making it all as good as possible for the kids on the team. I miss her terribly. We weren't super close friends, but we spent a bunch of time together during different swimming seasons, not just summer.

I think of her daily.

I care, her kids care, her Mom cares and everyone at WS cares!!! The lack of media is mind-boggling...unless of course they were told to back off by LE. Anything is possible to explain this disappearance - as of near Christmas, LE said there was still nothing to report. This comes from a family member of Jamie's.

I know Jamie - her kids are almost the same age as mine. She helps me run a swim team in the summer and we've recently discussed the uncomfortable fact that we may need to look for another volunteer to fill her role. Won't be easy - she was super reliable and efficient + flexible in moving from one "job" to another, especially on days we had meets. She had my back, always. She is all about getting it done and making it all as good as possible for the kids on the team. I miss her terribly. We weren't super close friends, but we spent a bunch of time together during different swimming seasons, not just summer.

I think of her daily.

Thank you for this. It's so important to remember that the people we read about are real and live in a community and that many people feel their loss.

Is the news media in town in financial trouble? I know my local paper is now terrible because of media consolidation -- nothing is followed up, important stories are missed, etc. If the local media is otherwise top-notch, we can assume they're being shut out by LE.

I could not find this story about the "body found" on any Pittsburgh stations except cbs. I started looking for it the day after the body was located and nothing! Pittsburgh has murders, but there are not THAT many that it is too much to mentioned them in the news. Wth? Argh!

What is her ex-boyfriend doing lately? I hope he stays away from Jamie's children this Christmas.

Spoke with Allegheny County ME's office. The woman on Spring Garden Ave was ID'd. That's really all I can say except that she wasn't 'missing'.

Thank you for this. It's so important to remember that the people we read about are real and live in a community and that many people feel their loss.

Is the news media in town in financial trouble? I know my local paper is now terrible because of media consolidation -- nothing is followed up, important stories are missed, etc. If the local media is otherwise top-notch, we can assume they're being shut out by LE.

Media is fine here, that I know of, except for the furious competitive nature to be first, which often seems to result in things being dropped, overlooked and NEVER followed up on.

I remember hearing about this, but then it just faded away. The news hasn't really mentioned anything about it since.

I remember hearing about this, but then it just faded away. The news hasn't really mentioned anything about it since.

Thanks for checking in here. I know you from James Slack's thread - really appreciate you checking out what else is happening in the 'Burg......the more the better.....:innocent:

Hi MollyDriver!

I've been reading and keeping an eye out on other cases, just really haven't commented. This story really gets to me because of how there's not much that has been reported. Where did the news coverage go?

Where is Jamie?

Hi MollyDriver!

I've been reading and keeping an eye out on other cases, just really haven't commented. This story really gets to me because of how there's not much that has been reported. Where did the news coverage go?

Where is Jamie?

We talked some about this upthread - guessing it's one of two things: Either LE asked the media to back off or media decided since there was nothing new coming out that there were more exciting things to report. Either way, it doesn't make Jamie any less important, and it stinks. I think despite what media claims, it's all about viewership/readership rather than actually keeping us up to date with things we want or need to know. In this case, since there IS nothing to report, I can't see them making space for a "no news" news story.

This is probably a kind of far fetched idea, but I keep wondering if Jamie's disappearance might be in some way linked to the possible serial rapist in Ross Township. A lot of time passed between the time that Jamie disappeared and the time that these attacks started, and I'm not sure where Jamie lived in relation to where these attacks have occurred, but the thought just keeps nagging at me.

This man seems to be targeting women who are returning to their houses after being out for a time, and it seems that Jamie had been out to the grocery store before she disappeared.

I'm not convinced the two things are related, but it's a thought. Here's a link to the news story about the attacks:

http://www.wtae.com/news/30158604/detail.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wulongfei125
Back