PA PA - Jennifer Shadle, 48, State College, 15 May 2014

So Jennifer had just started receiving $5K a month in spousal support? That tells me a couple things- her husband had a pretty great income, and that if Jennifer wanted to leave the area, she could have done do quite comfortably on just that monthly amount. Yet, she disappears without even her wallet?

Nah, sorry, not buying she disappeared to start over some place else without saying a word to anyone.

I was a student at Penn State the year she went missing. I still remember when they began putting up the missing posters around town. The county seems to have a very politically-driven DA (+other local officials; e.g., see recent dismissals of the more serious charges in the death of Timothy Piazza [ongoing], not to mention the long-time oversight and eventual scandal of Jerry Sandusky) and a history of unsolved missing cases which sharply contrasts with the extremely low violent crime rates. In her case, her husband is currently (or was) the number one suspect in the case; these potential "Hispanic males" that were allegedly the last people to see her seem to have overshadowed the strong motive of her soon-to-be ex-husband. The details are unclear, but it seems they should have interviewed the other local business owners, as Walmart is only one of several contributing businesses located within that North Atherton strip mall. There is also a Dollar Tree, a mom-and-pop mexican restaurant called Don Patron's (opened in 2015, closed 2017), a GNC, Gamestop, a nail salon, a postal store, a T-mobile store, a Hallmark store (which, at the time of her disappearance, was still a Radioshack), Carver's Deli & Barbeque (at the time, was still a CC Peppers, I believe), College Buffet (another restaurant) and a couple other small businesses (a Weight Watchers and a communications retailer, both of which I believe were not yet open in those locations on the date of her disappearance). The main road, North Atherton, intersects here with another road called Vairo Blvd, the neighborhoods of which are most-noted for youth-associated drugs and vandalism; however, this area also has been the sole location in Centre county noted for its recent violent, and seemingly random, crimes. These crimes included a stabbing and a separate personal assault during which the victim was bitten. It is an odd area. It should also be noted that this area, until recently, also featured one of the only trailer parks in the county, a place which also demonstrated a strange proclivity for selling [likely "reclaimed"] bicycles. The lack of information about her disappearance is startling, considering the time of day and, therein, the likely number of witnesses. To go unnoticed, one would speculate that she would have had to get into someone's vehicle that she knew. At the time, there were far fewer sidewalks in the area, so if she had walked alongside the road (pulling from my memory, alone), she would have been noticed unless she had traveled eastbound on Vairo, OR westbound on Martin, which Vairo turns into after it crosses Atherton.

Microlex...I just wanted to correct a few points that you made in your post about State College, PA geography, as well as to try to Bump this post and keep Jennifer's WS post going, as she still has not been found, dead or otherwise, and there is much speculation as to why. One thing that you did mention that is 100% correct is that State College politics, law enforcement, etc. is one of the most corrupt in the country, mostly due to PSU being here, a now-former DA who was caught breaking the law over and over again, a still-missing former DA, Ray Gricar, who first investigated Jerry Sandusky and the PSU Athletics Department, aka Joe Paterno, Tim Curly, Spanier, and the rest...Also, what a lot of people don't realize about State College, PA is that we have 4 local police departments just in State College alone, then you have multiple surrounding local police departments that sneak into town, like from Bellefonte, then you have PSU police in-between all of the local police, then you have multiple state police departments. It's a mess...Oh, I was born and raised in a tiny little town about 20 minutes away and have lived in State College since 2002, so unfortunately I've lived here my entire life...and "Happy Valley" it's not...

So as far as the Walmart Shopping Plaza on N. Atherton St. goes, Jennifer Cahill-Shadle was last seen just before 8:00 PM on May 15, 2014 at Simply Tan. She had been seen on the security footage from the Walmart earlier in the day, between 4:30-5:00 PM. She went to the Customer Service Counter, though she was not carrying anything to return, she only had her purse. So she may have been cashing a check or sending money to someone, but she had multiple bank accounts and credit cards, so I don't know why she would be cashing checks at Walmart, but no one knows why she was at the Customer Service Counter. She then left and went to a tanning appointment she had at Simply Tan at 5:10 PM. Simply Tan was located in the same Walmart Shopping Plaza at the time. She left Simply Tan, presumably around 5:30 PM, then her whereabouts are totally unknown until just before 8:00 PM, when Simply Tan used to close. She came back in asking if anyone there had found her wallet, which she lost. They had not found her wallet, so she left Simply Tan at around 8:00 PM. That's the last official sighting of her ever.

Someone who worked at Don Petrone's Mexican Restaurant said that they MAY have seen her with a group of men eating there until around 11:30 PM that night, then she left with these men, but that lead isn't really taken seriously because even the employee at Don Petrone's wasn't sure it was her, it just "looked like her". So let's say she left Simply Tan at just 8:00 PM on May 15, 2015 and that's the last she was seen. She has since not used any bank debit cards, no credit cards, no cell phone activity, no health insurance activity. Nothing.

She was staying at the Rodeway Inn, also on N. Atherton St. Now here's some State College geography that was mis-stated by Microlex...First of all, N. Atherton St. is also Business Route 322, and is extremely busy traffic-wise all day and all night long, pretty much every day. There are sidewalks and were sidewalks going the entire length of N. Atherton (and all the way down S. Atherton), and the Rodeway Inn would be about a 20-30 minute walk from the Walmart Shopping Plaza where Simply Tan was located. Easy walk. It would be about 5 minute drive with traffic, maybe even longer, depending on traffic, for a Taxi, if she called one, but she didn't call one using her cell phone, so people assume she was walking. It's not known if she made it back to her motel room that night, but all of her belongings were found in her room at the Rodeway Inn, minus that little black purse she had with her in the video. No wallet or cell phone either. So we can assume she never got back to her motel room on the night of the 15th. The police either didn't believe she was missing or were purposely not investigating her disappearance, because her mother filed a missing-person's report on May 20th, but the Ferguson Township Police Department didn't start doing ANY investigating for about 30 days after the report was filed for one reason or another.

Her husband/ex-husband has owned a very successful Insurance Agency for decades, I believe he bought it in 1993 (it was already successful when he purchased it and it only got larger after he added his name to it). And her husband's father is very well connected politically in State College. She had started receiving $5,000 a month alimony payments not long before she disappeared, and though 2 of their children were adults, one was still young, so there's no way she would have just taken-off. She was wanting to get the house,that he still lives in to this day, in the divorce settlement. She had only been back in State College since April 13th I believe, which is why she was living in the Rodeway Inn for the time-being. So she'd only been back a month and she vanished. Just as an FYI, her husband's house, the one she wanted to get in the divorce and where all 3 of her kids were living at the time, is in the Sayebrook area of State College, which is within walking distance from the Walmart Shopping Plaza...As Microplex stated, Vairo Blvd. is about a block down Atherton Street from the Shopping Plaza, and if you turn right onto Vairo off of Atherton, it turns into Aaron Drive about a block away. Aaron Drive goes straight back into the Park Forest area of State College, and eventually meets Science Park Road, which you then turn left onto from Aaron. If you then follow Science Park Road it contains a 4-way intersection with Circleville Rd, which if you turn right onto from Science Park Rd. enters into the Saybrook area, which is in the middle of nowhere, there's a huge park and then the residential area, which is surrounded by forest...Of note are the state gamelands in the Scotia area of State College, or the "Scotia Pine Barrens" if you want to Google it...It was mined to death by Andrew Carnegie, and is now used for hiking, biking, jogging, and has a shooting range. There are remnants of buildings and the ore mines, and the soil is pretty much all sand. It's a large, dense, weird area with very different climate, vegetation, and wildlife than the rest of central PA due to the elevation and the sandy soil, and easily could hide bodies...This area is also called "PA State Gamelands 176", and basically butts against the back of the Saybrook area...

So there ya have it. Was Jennifer walking back to her motel and picked-up by someone on N. Atherton St.? Or was she trying to get back to her soon-to-be ex-husband's house because she lost her wallet? The big problem here is that the Ferguson Township PD and the Centre County DA's Office (which just got a new DA in January, thank God) refuse to invite the FBI or anyone else to come and help them investigate, even though 4 years have gone by since Jennifer vanished. Why? Her elderly parents have contacted the FBI many times and they are ready to step-in and start their own investigation as soon as they are "invited" to do so by the Ferguson Township PD, but that may never happen. They gave her husband a polygraph test while he was under the influence of weed, lol, and it was "inconclusive", but nevertheless they cleared him of any involvement in Jennifer's disappearance. The local newspaper, the Centre Daily Times, has written only a total of 7 stories on Jennifer's disappearance since May of 2014, and 4 of these stories were written in 2014, the other 3 on each yearly anniversary...that's it, that's the local news coverage. Seem odd to you guys?

And yes, also worthy of noting is that Cindy Song disappeared in 2001 from basically the same area as the Rodeway Inn that Jennifer Cahill-Shadle was staying. Cindy Song was last seen very early in the morning, around 1:45 AM I believe, in the "State College Apartments", which are located on W. Clinton Ave., about 2 blocks across N. Atherton St. from the Rodeway Inn.

Microlex...I just wanted to correct a few points that you made in your post about State College, PA geography, as well as to try to Bump this post and keep Jennifer's WS post going, as she still has not been found, dead or otherwise, and there is much speculation as to why. One thing that you did mention that is 100% correct is that State College politics, law enforcement, etc. is one of the most corrupt in the country, mostly due to PSU being here, a now-former DA who was caught breaking the law over and over again, a still-missing former DA, Ray Gricar, who first investigated Jerry Sandusky and the PSU Athletics Department, aka Joe Paterno, Tim Curly, Spanier, and the rest...Also, what a lot of people don't realize about State College, PA is that we have 4 local police departments just in State College alone, then you have multiple surrounding local police departments that sneak into town, like from Bellefonte, then you have PSU police in-between all of the local police, then you have multiple state police departments. It's a mess...Oh, I was born and raised in a tiny little town about 20 minutes away and have lived in State College since 2002, so unfortunately I've lived here my entire life...and "Happy Valley" it's not...

So as far as the Walmart Shopping Plaza on N. Atherton St. goes, Jennifer Cahill-Shadle was last seen just before 8:00 PM on May 15, 2014 at Simply Tan. She had been seen on the security footage from the Walmart earlier in the day, between 4:30-5:00 PM. She went to the Customer Service Counter, though she was not carrying anything to return, she only had her purse. So she may have been cashing a check or sending money to someone, but she had multiple bank accounts and credit cards, so I don't know why she would be cashing checks at Walmart, but no one knows why she was at the Customer Service Counter. She then left and went to a tanning appointment she had at Simply Tan at 5:10 PM. Simply Tan was located in the same Walmart Shopping Plaza at the time. She left Simply Tan, presumably around 5:30 PM, then her whereabouts are totally unknown until just before 8:00 PM, when Simply Tan used to close. She came back in asking if anyone there had found her wallet, which she lost. They had not found her wallet, so she left Simply Tan at around 8:00 PM. That's the last official sighting of her ever.

Someone who worked at Don Petrone's Mexican Restaurant said that they MAY have seen her with a group of men eating there until around 11:30 PM that night, then she left with these men, but that lead isn't really taken seriously because even the employee at Don Petrone's wasn't sure it was her, it just "looked like her". So let's say she left Simply Tan at just 8:00 PM on May 15, 2015 and that's the last she was seen. She has since not used any bank debit cards, no credit cards, no cell phone activity, no health insurance activity. Nothing.

She was staying at the Rodeway Inn, also on N. Atherton St. Now here's some State College geography that was mis-stated by Microlex...First of all, N. Atherton St. is also Business Route 322, and is extremely busy traffic-wise all day and all night long, pretty much every day. There are sidewalks and were sidewalks going the entire length of N. Atherton (and all the way down S. Atherton), and the Rodeway Inn would be about a 20-30 minute walk from the Walmart Shopping Plaza where Simply Tan was located. Easy walk. It would be about 5 minute drive with traffic, maybe even longer, depending on traffic, for a Taxi, if she called one, but she didn't call one using her cell phone, so people assume she was walking. It's not known if she made it back to her motel room that night, but all of her belongings were found in her room at the Rodeway Inn, minus that little black purse she had with her in the video. No wallet or cell phone either. So we can assume she never got back to her motel room on the night of the 15th. The police either didn't believe she was missing or were purposely not investigating her disappearance, because her mother filed a missing-person's report on May 20th, but the Ferguson Township Police Department didn't start doing ANY investigating for about 30 days after the report was filed for one reason or another.

Her husband/ex-husband has owned a very successful Insurance Agency for decades, I believe he bought it in 1993 (it was already successful when he purchased it and it only got larger after he added his name to it). And her husband's father is very well connected politically in State College. She had started receiving $5,000 a month alimony payments not long before she disappeared, and though 2 of their children were adults, one was still young, so there's no way she would have just taken-off. She was wanting to get the house,that he still lives in to this day, in the divorce settlement. She had only been back in State College since April 13th I believe, which is why she was living in the Rodeway Inn for the time-being. So she'd only been back a month and she vanished. Just as an FYI, her husband's house, the one she wanted to get in the divorce and where all 3 of her kids were living at the time, is in the Sayebrook area of State College, which is within walking distance from the Walmart Shopping Plaza...As Microplex stated, Vairo Blvd. is about a block down Atherton Street from the Shopping Plaza, and if you turn right onto Vairo off of Atherton, it turns into Aaron Drive about a block away. Aaron Drive goes straight back into the Park Forest area of State College, and eventually meets Science Park Road, which you then turn left onto from Aaron. If you then follow Science Park Road it contains a 4-way intersection with Circleville Rd, which if you turn right onto from Science Park Rd. enters into the Saybrook area, which is in the middle of nowhere, there's a huge park and then the residential area, which is surrounded by forest...Of note are the state gamelands in the Scotia area of State College, or the "Scotia Pine Barrens" if you want to Google it...It was mined to death by Andrew Carnegie, and is now used for hiking, biking, jogging, and has a shooting range. There are remnants of buildings and the ore mines, and the soil is pretty much all sand. It's a large, dense, weird area with very different climate, vegetation, and wildlife than the rest of central PA due to the elevation and the sandy soil, and easily could hide bodies...This area is also called "PA State Gamelands 176", and basically butts against the back of the Saybrook area...

So there ya have it. Was Jennifer walking back to her motel and picked-up by someone on N. Atherton St.? Or was she trying to get back to her soon-to-be ex-husband's house because she lost her wallet? The big problem here is that the Ferguson Township PD and the Centre County DA's Office (which just got a new DA in January, thank God) refuse to invite the FBI or anyone else to come and help them investigate, even though 4 years have gone by since Jennifer vanished. Why? Her elderly parents have contacted the FBI many times and they are ready to step-in and start their own investigation as soon as they are "invited" to do so by the Ferguson Township PD, but that may never happen. They gave her husband a polygraph test while he was under the influence of weed, lol, and it was "inconclusive", but nevertheless they cleared him of any involvement in Jennifer's disappearance. The local newspaper, the Centre Daily Times, has written only a total of 7 stories on Jennifer's disappearance since May of 2014, and 4 of these stories were written in 2014, the other 3 on each yearly anniversary...that's it, that's the local news coverage. Seem odd to you guys?

And yes, also worthy of noting is that Cindy Song disappeared in 2001 from basically the same area as the Rodeway Inn that Jennifer Cahill-Shadle was staying. Cindy Song was last seen very early in the morning, around 1:45 AM I believe, in the "State College Apartments", which are located on W. Clinton Ave., about 2 blocks across N. Atherton St. from the Rodeway Inn.

Great post. I lived in State College from the late-80s through 2015. The only part of your post I disagree with (slightly) is that Sayebrook is walkable from the Wal-Mart Plaza. Technically, anything is walkable if you have enough time, but Sayebrook is a haul to walk from Wal-Mart. It's got to be a good 5 miles. Science Park Road is heavily wooded with lots of twists and turns. Not a safe place for someone to be walking at night.

In my opinion (speculating), her disappearance has to do with the divorce. As you said, that's one powerful family in State College ... and, as we know, power often goes unchecked in Happy Valley. There's a reason I've always called it Peyton Place and Stepford.

MOO.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jaimesommers:

So I read your reply and thought to myself "There's no way that's 5 miles", so being the OCD patient that I am, lol, I got in my car and drove to the Walmart Shopping Plaza on N. Atherton (5 minutes from my house). I parked right in front of the shop-front where Simply Tan used to be (ironically that was where I used to tan when I fake-baked). I set my odometer to 0 and tried to go the most logical walking route to Saybrooke. Not even close to 5 miles, and definitely within walking distance.

I went out of the Walmart Plaza in between where Eat N' Park used to be and the McDonald's that has always been there, figuring she would walk at a diagonal out of the shopping plaza and up to the sidewalk on N. Atherton. I almost turned left onto N. Atherton, but thought no, I'll instead go straight up Martin St., up past and behind Best Buy, and came to the intersection of Martin and W. Aaron Drive. Then I thought "What's the easiest way to get to Circleville Road", because Circleville Rd. turns into Sleepy Hollow on the Sayebrook side of Science Park Rd. So I drove up W. Aaron Drive, past that little shopping plaza on the right where the Wiscoy pet shop is on the left, and all of those little apartments are on the right (there are sidewalks all the way up W. Aaron Drive). Then got to the first stop sign (this would be Park Forest area, albeit the very lower part of it), and followed that road down to where it meets Circleville Rd. This walk would all be on sidewalks, and all of it is through very well-lit residential areas. I turned right onto Circleville Rd., and then followed it a few 100 yards down to the 4-way intersection on Science Park Rd., and crossed over Science Park Rd. on Circleville, which automatically and immediately (for whatever reason, I have no idea why) turns into Sleepy Hollow Rd. on the other side of Science Park Rd. Once you cross over Science Park Rd. and you're on Sleepy Hollow, that's officially the "Sayebrook" area, also called the "Greenbriar" area depending on who you talk to. I think "Greenbriar" is really the official residential designation, but because Sayebrook Park is located within the residential area, some people call it Sayebrook. I don't know, I'm originally from Philipsburg (20 minutes west) so I'm not officially a "local", lol.

At the point where I crossed over Science Park Rd. into the Sayebrook area/Sleepy Hollow, my odometer read only 1.8 miles. After driving it to and back, it's absolutely within walking distance. The walk would all be on sidewalks the entire way, even behind/around the Best Buy, which I didn't realize until I was paying attention. And there are street lights the entire way, presumably because this walk is entirely contained within densely-packed residential areas, with lots of apartment complexes with tons of kids and young children I'm sure. Now I did decide to take the trip from the beginning of the Sayebrook/Greenbriar, at the very start of Sleepy Hollow, through Sayebrook to Longfellow Lane, which is the road where Jennifer's husband and 3 kids were living at the time, and where they still live today, just to finish the walk and get the total distance.

I have to say that again, her walk would be on sidewalks the entire way, and very well-lit the entire way (this area is not only a very built-up yet fairly new residential area, it's also an area of wealth, as evident by every house being very large and very new). This development was built in the early 90's (when it started at least), prior it was literally fields that connected to "Gamelands 176" or the "Scotia Pine Barrens". I don't know if you're familiar with the Pine Barrens or the Scotia Range area, but I am, I dated/lived with a guy who built guns, loaded his own ammo, and did sport-shooting (1,000 yard benchrest stuff with huge guns they build themselves)...I'm a liberal, pro-gun control person, so obviously the 4 years we were together was a bit too long, lol. But I did get to go with him to the Scotia Range many times, not only to watch him practice shooting, but we used to take our dogs on long hikes throughout the Pine Barrens all the time. I have also been an avid mountain biker since I was in junior high and continue today, and though I've been going mostly to the Spring Creek/Fisherman's Paradise areas since I bought my house near that area in 2010, I still often take my dogs to the Pine Barrens. I'll tell you what, if you've never been there then I can't begin to accurately describe it to you, other than to say that if I ever wanted to dispose of a human body, that's exactly where I would do it. And even though I just admitted that, if it ever happens in the future, you still would not ever find the body unless I took you to the spot I dumped it, that's how vast and more importantly dense the Pine Barrens are. It's another world out there, the climate is about 5-10 degrees warmer at all times, the soil is mostly sand, there are very out-of-place looking succulent plants growing there year-round (in central Pennsylvania there are hardy succulents growing here people, it's bizarre), it is a vast forest of extremely tall, bare, dead, burnt pine tree trunks from when the ore miners (Andrew Carnegie) were living there, and the entire ground is covered with an extremely dense scrub that is about 2-3 feet high. That's the entire ground area, this thick, dense, 2-3 foot tall scrub with intermittent and very tall, weird pine and oak trees throughout, mixed with visibly burnt tree trunks. I mean, it looks like the land that time forgot, complete with the ruins of the mining town that Carnegie set-up there throughout. It's bizarre, to say the least. In the summertime when it's hot and the sun is out, if you didn't know where you were and you were just dropped in the middle of the Barrens, you would literally think you were on the eastern coast, in either lower Virginia or one of the Carolinas, in the forest surrounding the beach and the ocean. That's the best description I can give of it...And this vast Gamelands/Pine Barrens abuts the Shadle property/development....Yikes.

Anyway, to finish my drive to Longfellow Lane, right to the door of the Shadle house in the Sayebrook/Greenbriar development, it's 1.9 miles from the Walmart Plaza on N. Atherton St. So well within walking distance, and you don't have to go anywhere near the dark, densely wooded, unlit section of Science Park Rd. to get there, you can go by the "way the crow flies" basically, staying on well-lit sidewalks that wind throughout residential areas the entire way, and I'd say you could make it to the Shadle front door from Simply Tan in the Walmart Shopping Plaza, on-foot, in about 30-45 minutes maximum, and that's me giving extra time...I know I'll end-up taking my dog and walking this soon, just to peak my curiosity, lol. But it's very doable, and nowhere near 5 miles.

FYI, the reason I knew that it was a much shorter trek than 5 miles was because I have worked in the car business in State College for the past 15 years, basically the entire time at 2 different dealerships, both located out on West College Avenue/Rt. 26, where most of the car dealerships in State College are located...My house is located on the entire opposite end of town and opposite end of Route 26, on East College Ave., out by the mall. And I've used my odometer many times to track my trip from my house to work, let's say from the Tubbies showroom (the outdoor furniture/jacuzzi sales place up on the hill) out on East College Ave. to the corner of/intersections of West College Ave. and Whitehall Rd., and this trip, no matter which of the 3 direct routes you take, is about 4 miles (either through Lemont to Whitehall Rd, or you take the Shiloh Rd. exit off of I-99 to the Valley Vista exit and then follow Science Park Rd. the entire way to West College Ave., or if you just do the straight-shot right down East College Ave. to West College Ave.). I had to figure out which route was exactly the furthest many times for the travel deductions on my tax returns, lol. Also, my favorite restaurant/microbrewery in State College is Otto's, which is located on the very end of N. Atherton St., almost at the interchange of N. Atherton, Science Park Rd., and I-99, and I've taken many a taxi home from Otto's (and unfortunately I lost my driver's license for a year in 2013, yuck, yet had no alcohol restrictions, so I took many a taxi ride from my house to Otto's and then eventually back home again)...A one-way ride from Otto's on the very end of N. Atherton St. onto I-99 to the Shiloh Rd. exit, and then from there about another mile, the actual taxi fare, regardless of the company, is about $18 or so, plus a tip. So it costs at least $20 minimum to get from my house the 2+ miles to Otto's Brewery (literally a 4 minute drive with no traffic on I-99, which there rarely is unless it's a home PSU football 0game)...

JAIMESOMMERS:
********This brings-up another little detail or factor in this missing person's case that no one would EVER think of unless they either lived in State College or went to school at PSU for a length of time, and that's the incredibly out of control cost of taking a taxi ride here, as well as what's involved with getting a cab here....Jennifer Cahill-Shadle had no car here, and according to her family she had either been walking everywhere she was going, or taking a taxi.

I don't know if you took many taxi rides when you lived here in State College, but if you did then you know the facts:

#1) You cannot "hail" a taxi in State College like you normally do in most places, as they don't just drive around. You must either call for a cab or use an app on your smartphone, if the taxi company you want to use has an app, which only 1 does I believe.

#2) There are only a handful of taxi companies in State College, and some that have existed in the past 2 decades have gone out of business. I'd say that taking a taxi was not "a thing" in State College until around 2005-2010. I graduated from Lock Haven University in 2002 (about 30 minutes or so away from State College), and we often came to State College on the weekends to go out, not only because there was a lot more going on in State College and there were regular bands that we wanted to come see play, but also because myself and a lot of my college friends were from central PA originally and we usually all ended-up staying at one of our parent's houses, as well as having one of our parent's play the DD and come pick everyone up from downtown at 2 in the morning...During my college years there were no cabs in State College, or I should say taxi "companies"; I do remember a couple of private individuals who turned their own cars into "taxis" and who used to sit outside the bars on College Ave. downtown at 2 a.m....scary, probably what happened to Cindy Song in 2001....

#3) The cost of taking a taxi here is astronomical. I've spent plenty of time in NYC, Philly, and Cleveland, and I'd say that the taxi fare here (I'm talking the meter) is somewhere between 6 to 10 times the cost of taking a taxi in a large city. Yes, the State College area is spread-out and includes a lot of farm land, forest, etc., but so what. Most students are taking cabs from downtown State College, from either the part of College Avenue that runs the length of and is directly across from campus, or from Beaver Avenue which is one block above College Ave., to either their dorms on campus, or at the furthest, to their apartments, most of which are going to be within 10 blocks of downtown or the PSU campus, or on some stretch of Atherton St., not on the outskirts of town. If Jennifer Cahill-Shadle was taking cabs everywhere, she was spending a fortune doing-so.********* I would estimate that just taking a cab from the Rodeway Inn that she was staying at on N. Atherton to the Walmart Shopping Plaza on N. Atherton would be about a $12 taxi ride BEFORE the tip. On the other-hand, would be about a 20 minute walk at the most. Which would you choose?

I WANT TO GET THE JENNIFER CAHILL-SHADLE THREAD/INVESTIGATION GOING AGAIN!!!!

So here's the deal, I'd like to get the Jennifer Cahill-Shadle thread/investigation/discussion going again here, so I thought I would write a case summary here for people to read and see if we can't get this going again, if for no other reason than for her family, specifically for her elderly parents who desperately need closure, who need truthful answers about what happened to their daughter. AT THE VERY LEAST, HER PARENTS, SIBLINGS, EXTENDED-FAMILY, AND FRIENDS DESERVE TO HAVE SOMEONE DISCUSSING JENNIFER'S CASE. Her loved-ones need to know that people in the world really do care, as next month will be the 4-year anniversary of Jennifer's disappearance, and NO ONE in any of the local State College law enforcement, nor the Centre County DA's Office, has done or is doing a thing about this woman just vaporizing into thin-air 4 years ago. They didn't even start investigating her disappearance until 30 days AFTER her parents called the Ferguson Township Police Department and officially filed a "Missing Person's" Report. The Ferguson Township Police Department actually told Jennifer's parents that they wouldn't be able to even look-into her disappearance until 30 days had gone by during that very first phone call, which was placed by her parents 5 days after Jennifer was last seen by anyone (that is known).

Centre County had a DA at the time, Stacey Parks-Miller, who is now-known to have been extremely corrupt and who committed many, many illegal, immoral, and unethical acts during her tenure as the first female DA of Centre County, and unfortunately it's very obvious that Parks-Miller continued her corruption (and was most-likely paid-off or something of the sort) throughout the "investigation" of Jennifer's disappearance. I'm not going to go into detail about the crimes and corruption of Stacey Parks-Miller in specifics here, you guys can Google her name and you'll see it all. Just know that since Jennifer Cahill-Shadle disappeared in May of 2014, Stacey Parks-Miller not only did NOTHING to try to locate her or to find out what happened to her, but she has not once, to-this-day, EVER made a statement about Jennifer's disappearance or their alleged "investigation". Not.One.Word.

We got a new DA in Centre County this past January, named Bernie Cantorna, who has yet to even mention Jennifer's case publicly as of yet, as far as I'm aware, but who immediately after taking-office made a pledge to hire 4 more attorneys for the DA's office, to prosecute in 4 different murder cases in Centre County where charges have yet to be filed (though he did not state what 4 murder cases these are), and to put more man-power on solving cold cases. This all remains to be seen, and honestly this guy has a HUGE MESS to clean-up after the corruption left behind by Parks-Miller and her staff. So I doubt we're going to see any changes here for quite a while, and as such it's up to the public to try to play detective and finally investigate Jennifer's case. Her parents are elderly, and to make this so much more difficult for them, they and the rest of Jennifer's family WHO LOVE HER AND WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO HER all live in Orwigsburg, PA, a small town about 2 and a half hours east of State College, north of Reading and south of Hazleton. They know nothing of State College geography other than what they experienced throughout the years visiting Jennifer and her family while they lived her from 1993 onward. More importantly, they have no understanding of the politics in State College, in-regards to the DA's Office, all of the local law enforcement agencies, and their relationships with Penn State University. So it's extremely difficult for them to understand how their 48 year-old daughter and mother of 3 could quite literally vanish from the face of the earth without a trace and how the police department in-charge of the case could get away with doing absolutely nothing about it, not when it first happened, and not now 4 years later. I understand it, I understand it completely and totally, in it's corrupt, dirty, shameless entirety. After-all, the exact same thing happened to a well-respected and loved former DA of Centre County in 2005 name Ray Gricar.

I don't want to get into the specifics of "Happy Valley" politics, except to say that Penn State University rules all, and just know that if Penn State wasn't located smack-dab in the middle of State College, this small "city" located in the center of the state of Pennsylvania would be nothing but just another tiny, rural farming community in central PA, much like all the others that surround Harrisburg, Lancaster, Reading, Williamsport, etc. But Penn State is located here, and so is their money. All you have to do to understand Penn State politics, and more so their ethics and morals, is to know a little bit about the Jerry Sandusky debacle and it's cover-up, which lasted for well-over a decade. Why? Because it not only threatened biggest cash-cow, the Nittany Lion Football program, but also threatened to expose Penn State's beacon of morality, coach Joe Paterno. Joe Paterno's involvement made it impossible for the Athletic Department to know anything at all about Jerry Sandusky's pedophilic actions, because there's no way that Joe Paterno would EVER put the football program, his job, or the hundreds of millions of dollars a year that the program brought-in to the university BEFORE the well-being of young children. And you see how that turned-out. The irony that Jennifer Cahill-Shadle disappeared suddenly and without any warning at all in May of 2014, less than 2 years from the time of the Sandusky trial, conviction, Paterno's death, etc. has been lost on most people, but those people are generally not familiar with the political ties that the Shadle family to Centre County politics, as well as to Penn State politics and the money that PSU funnels to Centre County, and vice-versa.

**********That aside, let's get down to a summary of what I know about the case and what was going on in Jennifer's life at the time surrounding her disappearance. I think the bottom-line to solving this case is going to come down to getting outside help into State College to perform searches and to do their own, independent investigations. I truly believe that had the Ferguson Township Police Department invited the FBI to State College to conduct their own, independent investigation, like the FBI has been offering to do for the past 3 years, Jennifer would have already been found by now, albeit most likely in the form of her dead body. Her parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends are at this point all resigned to this awful reality, and they just want to know what happened to her, as well as to be able to give her a proper funeral and burial, and to have a place to go and visit her. I'm going to try to do everything I can to try to make this happen for them in the year 2018, as it's already long past-due. They deserve it, and Jennifer certainly deserves it.

Okay,so here's what I personally know about the Missing-Person's Case of Jennifer Cahill-Shadle. FYI, I am originally from the State College, PA area, and I currently live right in State College, so I have access to any areas, businesses, buildings, reports available to the public (FOIA for example), etc. I am very familiar with the entire geography of the State College area, and the many places where bodies have been dumped in the past, or could be dumped without being discovered, in some cases potentially never being discovered.

I have initiated communication with one of Jennifer's aunts, who created and runs the Facebook page dedicated to Jennifer's case. She is extremely kind and very much wants to find out what happened to Jennifer, no matter how ghastly the truth may be. She's going to get back to me very shortly with the answers to some questions that I could not find the answers to anywhere, which unfortunately is the main problem with anyone solving this case: There is NO information!!! Another major issue IS THE LACK OF LOCAL MEDIA COVERAGE BY NEWSPAPERS, TELEVISION NEWS STATIONS, LOCAL MAGAZINES, ETC. The major newspaper in the area is the Centre Daily Times, who has done diddly squat in covering this case, and who in-general has no idea what "Investigative Journalism" is to begin with. So they're a lost cause.

I have also initiated contact with Jennifer's sister-in-law, the sister of her husband. She too desperately wants to know what has happened to Jennifer, and she doesn't shy away one bit from telling anyone who will listen that she is 100% sure that her brother killed Jennifer and disposed of her body, or at the very least paid someone else to do so. I'm waiting for her to get back to me, as I just reached out to her, but I have no doubt she'll be very helpful and will not hold-back anything at all that she knows or suspects, based on her prior communication on the Facebook page and other social media outlets.

*******The story of the disappearance of Jennifer Cahill-Shadle begins back in 2013, when Jennifer decided to leave State College and go back to her parents home in Orwigsburg, PA, about 2 and a half hours east of the home she shared with her husband and 3 children. J

Jaimesommers:

So I read your reply and thought to myself "There's no way that's 5 miles", so being the OCD patient that I am, lol, I got in my car and drove to the Walmart Shopping Plaza on N. Atherton (5 minutes from my house). I parked right in front of the shop-front where Simply Tan used to be (ironically that was where I used to tan when I fake-baked). I set my odometer to 0 and tried to go the most logical walking route to Saybrooke. Not even close to 5 miles, and definitely within walking distance.

Ah! I was basing my response on North Atherton to Science Park to Saybrooke ... which may also not be five miles, but it certainly felt like it while driving! I blame the woods. :)

OT: What's in the Eat 'n Park now? Was bummed when it closed. So many memories.

My favorite restaurant/microbrewery in State College is Otto's ... .

A former PSU colleague and very good friend owns Otto's. I miss it!

JAIMESOMMERS:
********This brings-up another little detail or factor in this missing person's case that no one would EVER think of unless they either lived in State College or went to school at PSU for a length of time, and that's the incredibly out of control cost of taking a taxi ride here, as well as what's involved with getting a cab here....Jennifer Cahill-Shadle had no car here, and according to her family she had either been walking everywhere she was going, or taking a taxi.

I only took them to/from the airport and (as you mentioned) it was ridiculously expensive.

#1) You cannot "hail" a taxi in State College like you normally do in most places, as they don't just drive around. You must either call for a cab or use an app on your smartphone, if the taxi company you want to use has an app, which only 1 does I believe.

That is correct. And Uber/Lyft were not in town at that time. A good friend used to drive taxi in State College. I may ask him for his insights.

On the other-hand, would be about a 20 minute walk at the most. Which would you choose?

I believe that your odometer read only about 2 miles, but it takes longer than 20 minutes to walk 2 miles. At my fastest, I did 1 mile in 15 minutes, and that was power walking for fitness.

I don't believe Jennifer was walking that night. I believe she was in the company of someone who harmed her.

Also, you asked what I would choose. First, I would never have been in that same situation. I would have always had my car or been in my best friends' cars. We never would have let one of us walk home alone.

When walking alone on a business trip, I am never more than two blocks from the hotel. On the occasions when I have to take a cab, I get on the phone with someone until I'm safely at my destination.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Well, in Jennifer's situation, her last known sighting was when she returned to the Simply Tan at just 8:00 p.m. on May 15th, 2014. It was raining that night, and the employees who were working said that Jennifer walked back into the tanning salon just as they were getting ready to lock-up, and she was absolutely soaked, her clothing was "soaked through". She had returned to the tanning salon at 8:00 p.m., by herself, to ask if they had happened to find her wallet. They told her they hadn't, but they took her back to the tanning booth room she was in and helped her to look for it. They couldn't find it, and Jennifer thanked them and left again by herself, on-foot.

So Jennifer had a tanning appointment at Simply Tan at 5:30 pm. She showed-up, tanned, and left just before 6:00 p.m. According to employees she arrived by herself on-foot, and left by herself on-foot. It's about a 20 walk from the Walmart Plaza to the Rodeway Inn, straight down N. Atherton St. So the assumption is that Jennifer either walked somewhere else, like a restaurant or another store, where she spent between 1-2 hours, and realized she had lost her wallet, so she then returned to the Simply Tan to see if she left it there...OR after leaving the Simply Tan after her tanning appointment she walked back to the Rodeway Inn, where she then realized she didn't have her wallet, and she walked back to the Walmart Plaza to try to find it...hence why she was "soaked through" upon her arrival back at 8:00 p.m.

She was not seen with anyone else that entire day by any of the people she interacted with. But here's the ugly truth: She had started receiving alimony payments of $5,000 a month from her soon-to-be ex-husband just 3 months prior to her disappearance. She had for whatever reason set-up a separate bank account at a bank in State College just for those alimony payments to be auto-deposited, rather than just having them deposited into the bank account she already had and was regularly using with a bank back in Orwigsburg. The reason for this is unknown, but what is known is that she was saving money so she could get herself an apartment in State College, which she planned to do the following month, according to her mom. She was speaking with her youngest daughter every single day, and they were close...

However, her oldest daughter (18 or 19 at the time I believe) was basically a mirror-image to her father, treating her mother horribly, and making some very concerning statements to multiple people after her mother disappeared. She told one friend of her mother's that she ran-into and who showed concern after they had seen a news report of her disappearance that "Oh no, she didn't disappear, she moved to western PA", while telling multiple other people that "She just checked herself in to an alcohol rehab, she's not missing"...

In addition, Jennifer had dinner at Fascia Luna with her oldest daughter and her ex-husband on May 14th, the day before she was last seen. The other troubling issue are the statements her oldest daughter has made on the Facebook page her sister has set-up for her. Basically she comes onto the page and takes every opportunity she can to completely bash her mother, talking about her alcoholism and saying horrible things about her. And when asked what this has to do with finding her mother, or when she is questioned as to why she has done absolutely nothing to try to find her, the oldest daughter pretty much states that she's not missing and will eventually resurface. It's very upsetting to read. What's even more upsetting are the time-stamped photos on her ex-husband's Facebook page. Dozens and dozens of photos of him and Jennifer's 3 kids having a blast less than a month after she disappeared, going on a vacation to Florida

I'm trying to verify something that was apparently said by her youngest daughter, who she still had a close relationship with. Jennifer's youngest daughter originally told her aunt (Jennifer's sister) that Jennifer had called their house, telling her that she had "lost her cash card" and needed her to bring her some money that last night, which would line-up with her going back to Simply Tan to try to find her wallet. If she left the Simply Tan and then called her youngest daughter on her cell-phone and asked her to bring her some money, I'm sure she would have also assumed that they would have given her a ride back to the Rodeway Inn. The problem is that her youngest daughter was not able to drive in 2014, so either her oldest daughter or her father, or both, would have had to make the drive...Neither her wallet nor her cell phone were ever found...The other disturbing thing is the Rodeway Inn had called her ex-husband's home to come and pick-up all of her things, all of her clothing and other possessions, and this was less than a week after she disappeared...No one ever came to pick up her stuff. And the Ferguson Township PD didn't start their investigation until 30 days after Jennifer's parents reported her missing on May 20th, 2014. So it's like her ex-husband and oldest daughter knew that she wasn't going to be needing her stuff...

And the Ferguson Township PD did not even go to the Rodeway Inn to interview anyone or look in her room until 7 months after she went missing...no Grid-Searches, no dogs, no ATV's, no helicopters, nothing at all. And her own daughter and ex-husband did nothing but discourage people from looking for her...Uhg...

***BTW, the building that Eat 'N Park was in still stands empty, it has been since they closed...bummer, I know...

Last night I learned another disturbing fact in this case from the Facebook page that her sister runs...When the Ferguson Township PD interviewed Jennifer's husband and oldest daughter, they told them that the last contact they had with Jennifer was on the 14th, the day before she disappeared. Yes, they had dinner with her that night at Fascia Luna, but Jennifer had apparently made plans to come over to the house the following day, on the 15th, to pick up her mail that they had been collecting for her. They told the police that Jennifer told them she would call them sometime that day, on the 15th, and make plans to come over to the house, but they told the police that Jennifer never called them. I find that difficult to believe, as Jennifer was obviously out and about the day of the 15th, shopping, tanning, etc., and she definitely had her cell phone with her. And according to her parents and her youngest daughter, Jennifer called her youngest daughter every single day anyway. So it's hard to believe between the regular daily call to her youngest daughter, the supposed call she made that last day to the house because she lost her wallet and had no source of money, and the call she was supposed to make that day to arrange picking up her mail that the family didn't hear from Jennifer a single time on the 15th, the last day she was seen.

Here's the most troubling aspect of Jennifer's disappearance, according to her family and friends anyway...Even though Jennifer called her youngest daughter every single day and also spoke to her other 2, older kids at least once every other day, by their own admission, none of her 3 kids nor her soon-to-be ex-husband reported her as missing to anyone from the 16th onward. Not a single call, text, or email to the police, but also not to her parents, her siblings, other relatives, or friends. Not a peep from anyone in that house that Jennifer hadn't made any contact with them since the 15th, even though by their own admissions to police Jennifer called the house at least once a day, every day, and had done so since she had left to move back to Orwigsburg a year prior, and certainly hadn't missed a single day without contact to at least her youngest daughter since she moved back to State College on April 13th, 2014. So for over a month they had been hearing from Jennifer every single day, if not seeing her in person, without fail, and then she suddenly just stops calling, texting, emailing, stopping by the house, etc., and none of them even blink an eye about it?

Jennifer also spoke to her parents in Orwigsburg at least once a day over the phone. Jennifer would usually be the one to make the daily phone call to her mother, just to let her know how she was doing that day and what was going on in her life, what her plans were, how she was doing with her kids, etc. So on May 16th, 2014, when Jennifer's mother didn't receive a phone call from her, she naturally tried to call her, got her voicemail, and left her a message. Her mother didn't start to worry until May 17th also went by without any contact from Jennifer, and her cellphone was just going straight to voicemail, indicating that the phone was either turned-off or the battery was dead. And that didn't change on the 18th or the 19th either. Jennifer's mother, step-father, and sister (possibly other relatives and/or friends as well, these are the people I'm sure of) all made contact with Jennifer's husband, as well as her oldest and youngest daughters. Apparently her youngest daughter (who we must remember was only 13 or 14 at the time) was the only person who seemed the least bit concerned that she hadn't heard from Jennifer, or at least curious as to where she was. Her oldest daughter told her grandparents that her mother "Was probably on a bender" or that "She had probably checked herself in to another rehab or something", and showed no concern for her mother's well-being at all.

Something to keep in mind here is that by Jennifer's own admission she was a very troubled alcoholic for quite a long time, and it did negatively effect her children and her marriage. However, what isn't often spoken about (and has never been spoken about by her husband or her oldest daughter) is the total and complete lack of support that her husband and oldest daughter showed her while she was going through rehab and her following recovery...In fact, the best example of her husband's emotional and psychological abuse happened on the day that marked 1-year of sobriety for Jennifer. Her AA group had gotten her a gift and presented her with a special award that you get on your 1-year sober day, and when she came back to State College and was anxious and very proud to show her family (mainly her 3 kids) what she had accomplished in her sobriety, her husband walked up to her and said "Congratulations!" and then handed her a fifth of liquor to celebrate with, with her oldest daughter looking on and laughing. Can you imagine how that must have made Jennifer feel? This woman was not only trying to improve herself and her own life, but she wanted desperately to prove to her kids that she loved them and that they meant more to her than anything else in the world, and because she knew that her alcoholism had hurt her children more than anything else, Jennifer did the work and went through the absolute hell that detox, rehab, and recovery from addiction presents. And she worked extremely hard at it, for both herself and her kids, and she succeeded...Only to have her husband and her kids **** on her huge accomplishment. This no-doubt was a huge factor in why Jennifer started drinking again after returning to State College, ironically only a few days to a week or so after her 1-year sobriety day and the episode with her husband and daughter.

******I had gone back to the day that her sister had created and launched the FaceBook page for Jennifer's case and made that my starting-point. I started reading every post made by both her sister who runs the page and by all visitors to the page, as well as every single little comment made on each and every post, along with all the photos and their tags/comments/captions. Very early-on there were many troubling revelations that became apparent to me, and that I began to see many other people making comments about as well, so I knew that I wasn't the only person who had made the same observations about Jennifer's disappearance and who had the same questions in their head. And unfortunately most of these questions that I and many, many other people first asked 4 years ago have not ever been answered. Hell, they've never even been addressed by the pertinent people to this day in 2018.

-From the start of her sister's Facebook page, which is the ONLY online website or resource of any kind to discuss this case (ANOTHER REASON I WANT WEBSLEUTHS TO GET-ON THIS CASE ASAP!), only Jennifer's oldest daughter has EVER made a single comment on the page, and most-all of her comments and/or posts are negative towards her mother. She avoids all direct questions asked of her about the details surrounding the time Jennifer disappeared, she makes a point to remind everyone that her mother was nothing but a mean, abusive alcoholic who didn't care at all about her family, and any time anyone says a single kind word about her mother on the page, she makes a point to correct them and tell them that they never really "knew" her mother. She also had a very convenient habit of making horrible comments that only certain people, or maybe even only one person could see, yet she still posted them on the page that was created to help to find her mother. So this created a lot of drama. I'm using the past-tense because the last comment I could see on the page made by her was a few months ago. I could not find a single post or comment made on the page by either of her other 2 kids or her husband, all 3 of which are extremely active on a daily basis on Facebook.

-Over time, other members of Jennifer's family and friends have pointed out that none of her 3 kids nor her husband have EVER made a single comment on their own Facebook pages or other social media accounts about Jennifer or her disappearance. None of them have a single photo of Jennifer on their pages, none of them have any photos of the missing-posters or any information about where to call with tips about her disappearance, not a single word about Jennifer. It's like their mother/wife never existed and certainly never disappeared, or that she has been and currently is the subject of an open police investigation. This all while every other member of Jennifer's family, including people on her husband's side of the family, as well as dozens and dozens of her friends all have tons and tons of photos of Jennifer on their Facebook pages, they are constantly making comments and saying prayers that she is found soon, and every year on the anniversary of her disappearance, on her birthday, and on holidays like Christmas they all speak of Jennifer and how much they miss her and love her. Not a single word EVER mentioned about Jennifer on any of her 3 kids pages or on her husband's page. NOT.A.SINGLE.WORD.EVER.

-Many of Jennifer's family members and friends were horrified that from May 16th, 2014 (the day after Jennifer was last seen) straight through the time when her parents filed the missing-person's report with the Ferguson Township Police Department on May 20th, through the next 30 days when that police department finally decided that Jennifer actually was missing and started to interview her husband and kids and doing what little "investigating" that they did, throughout the next year, all 3 of Jennifer's kids and her husband were actively posting on their Facebook pages, Twitter pages, etc. every single day about everything BUT the fact that their mother/wife had gone missing. In fact, Jennifer's husband took the 3 kids on a long vacation to Florida about 2 months after she disappeared, all of which was documented on all 4 of their Facebook pages in-detail, and this was very upsetting to Jennifer's family and friends. One of Jennifer's family members actually downloaded some of their Facebook pages, starting on May 13th, 2014 (2 days before Jennifer was last seen) and going through until the end of August, 2014, and even to an outsider the total lack of ANY mention of Jennifer's name by any of them is perplexing. Just as perplexing is how happy they all were from the time of their mother's disappearance forward, talking about anything and everything but the fact that they had lost their mother and that she was most likely dead.

-Not one of Jennifer's 3 kids nor her ex-husband ever once participated in any of the local searches for her, nor did any of them ever once make any effort at all to try to encourage the Ferguson Township PD or the Centre County DA's Office to start investigating their mother's/wife's disappearance more aggressively, or at all. In fact, they did everything they could to get them to STOP investigating this case. None of them ever once contacted any local or national media outlets to try to get them to keep running stories about Jennifer's disappearance. Not once did they put up a single missing-person's flyer. Not once did they assist in any of the on-foot ground searches that were organized and conducted by private citizens in State College (Ferguson Township PD never once did an organized search for Jennifer or her body; none of the usual actions that are taken when a person goes missing were done in this case, not even a search of the motel room that Jennifer had been living in for weeks was done until 7 months after she had gone missing, and this was finally and futilely done at the constant insistence of Jennifer's mother and step-father).

-It's very well-known in the State College area that Jennifer's husband and especially her oldest daughter are extremely involved in Centre County and national politics, and I'm talking in a very hands-on way. Jennifer's oldest daughter is an active participant in ANYTHING pertaining to the Democratic Party in State College or the entire Central PA area. She has been actively and constantly in-charge of organizing many, many fundraisers, rallies, polling activities, parties, speeches, etc. since she was a very young teenager, long before her mother ever disappeared. Now there's nothing at all wrong with this in and of itself, however it is a HUGE source of frustration, anger, confusion, and yes, suspicion to the rest of Jennifer's family and friends, as they strongly believe that if her oldest daughter put only a fraction of the effort into trying to find her mother that she has put into her political and social activities, Jennifer may have been found long-ago. I believe that truthfully, more-so, Jennifer's family and friends just cannot understand how her daughter can care so deeply about politics and the Democratic Party and be so actively in-charge of organizing and attending all of the events and functions that she does (including throughout the entire time her mother went missing forward), yet she did not participate in ANY activity regarding her own mother's disappearance, including just simply uploading a photo of her missing-person's photo onto her Facebook page. I cannot stress this enough, JENNIFER CAHILL-SHADLE'S 3 KIDS NOR HER HUSBAND DID A SINGLE THING TO TRY TO FIND HER, NOR DID THEY SHOW ONE SINGLE IOTA OF CARE THAT SHE DISAPPEARED IN THE FIRST PLACE. I don't think anyone reading this can fully understand how much Jennifer's 3 kids and her husband did not give a single **** about the fact that their own mother/wife just vaporized into thin-air.

Actions speak louder than words. That's not just a cliche, it's a very truthful statement. In the case of Jennifer Cahill-Shadle's children and her husband, there were no actions OR words of concern that she had gone missing, nor have there been since, to this very day 4 years later.

********As sad, disturbing, and suspicious as the total lack of caring of Jennifer Cahill-Shadle's children and husband has been to the rest of her loving family and friends for the last 4 years, it must be said that it is not their responsibility to investigate this case and to try to locate Jennifer. Yes, it's quite possible that the political influence of Mr. Shadle and the rest of his family, particularly that of his father, in Centre County, has directly or indirectly effected the way that local law enforcement and media has handled Jennifer's disappearance. This is quite obvious by simply taking a very quick look at this one fact: Next month, on May 14th, 2018, Jennifer Cahill-Shadle will have been missing for 4 years. The Ferguson Township Police Department, who has been in-charge of investigating this case since day 1, has not received a new lead or found a new piece of physical or circumstantial evidence in 3 years, since they updated the time and place that Jennifer was last seen to being just before 8:00 p.m. on May 14th, 2014, at Simply Tan, when she went back in to the salon to ask employees if they had found her wallet, which she had lost. This correction was made on the 1-year anniversary of her disappearance in May of 2015. That is the last time that not only we the public have heard of any progress at all in this case (if you can call that "progress"), but also that her family and friends have been informed of by Ferguson Township Police, who have repeated many times over when asked, that "This is still an active investigation" and "We don't have the man-power to concentrate a lot of our efforts on cold cases, as we have recent crimes, kidnappings, abductions, etc. that we must focus our time and effort on".

*********That being said, the Ferguson Township Police Department and the Centre County District Attorney's Office (which got a new DA, Bernie Cantorna, this past January, to replace the corrupt, immoral, unethical, criminal former DA, Stacey Parks-Miller, who not only did NOTHING to try to find Jennifer, but who never once answered a single question asked of her publicly about Jennifer's disappearance with any response except "No comment".) STILL REFUSES TO "INVITE" THE FBI OR ANY OTHER OUTSIDE LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY IN TO STATE COLLEGE TO START THEIR OWN INVESTIGATION INTO THE DISAPPEARANCE OF JENNIFER CAHILL-STADLE, EVEN THOUGH THE FBI HAS TOLD JENNIFER'S PARENTS THAT THEY ARE READY AND WILLING TO GO TO STATE COLLEGE THE SECOND THAT THE FERGUSON TOWNSHIP PD GIVES THEM A CALL AND "INVITES" THEM TO DO SO!

4 years later, this is where the investigation into Jennifer Cahill-Shadle's disappearance stands

http://www.centredaily.com/news/local/article211084074.html

Jennifer Cahill-Shadle wore a light-colored top, capri pants, dark shoes and a dark bag over her shoulder.

The temperature had dipped into the low 60s with a drizzle blanketing the parking lot she was walking in. It was sometime between 10 p.m. and 11 p.m. on May 15, 2014, the last known time she was seen by anyone, according to police.

The disappearance of Cahill-Shadle has left investigators and her family with more questions than answers. She was last seen four years ago near the former Don Patron Mexican Grill in the North Atherton Walmart parking lot. She had no access to a vehicle and no belongings that would indicate she intended to travel.

Ferguson Township police Chief Chris Albright took over the department less than a year ago, after Diane Conrad served in the role for 12 years. The department has taken a new approach under Albright's direction.

"I am making a cold case team and taking two detectives that had back-up positions in the investigation and weren't primary investigators," Albright said. "They will go take a long look back at this case and look at it with fresh eyes and from a fresh perspective."

December 26, 2018
"Jennifer Cahill-Shadle

The disappearance of Jennifer Cahill-Shadle, a mother of three, threw some of her family members for a loop. She had recently returned to the State College area after living with her mother and stepfather in Orwigsburg, and was alternating between staying with friends and at motels. Security footage and eyewitnesses placed Cahill-Shadle, 48, near the Don Patron restaurant in the parking lot of the North Atherton Street Wal-Mart between 10 and 11 p.m. on May 15, 2014.

Then, she vanished.

Her cell phone had died during or before the time she reached Wal-Mart, and she placed a call to one of her children from the phone at Wal-Mart that afternoon.

With no fixed address — and having recently checked out of the Rodeway Inn on North Atherton Street — Cahill-Shadle’s disappearance wasn’t reported to police until six days after she was last seen.

In August 2014, three months after Cahill-Shadle disappeared, Ferguson Township police released more information on her whereabouts in the days leading up to her disappearance. They released a picture of a receipt from Champs Sports Grill, where she was seen with a table of four middle-aged Hispanic men, the CDT reported. It is not known whether those men have been identified or have talked to police."
Read more here: Unsolved: How Ferguson Township police are tackling cold cases in new ways
SHADLE

From above:
“And yes, also worthy of noting is that Cindy Song disappeared in 2001 from basically the same area as the Rodeway Inn that Jennifer Cahill-Shadle was staying. Cindy Song was last seen very early in the morning, around 1:45 AM I believe, in the "State College Apartments", which are located on W. Clinton Ave., about 2 blocks across N. Atherton St. from the Rodeway Inn.“

Cindy’s thread on WS:
PA - PA - Hyun Jong "Cindy" Song, 21, State College, 1 Nov 2001

Thanks for the fresh link..
  • 48 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'4, 105 - 115 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A light-colored v-neck t-shirt, capri pants and black shoes. Carrying a black shoulder bag.
  • Medical Conditions Cahill-Shadle is an alcoholic.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Light brown hair, blue eyes. Cahill-Shadle's nickname is Jenny.
  • cahill-shadle_jennifer.jpg
  • cahill-shadle_jennifer2.jpg
  • cahill-shadle_jennifer3.jpg
  • cahill-shadle_jennifer4.jpg
  • cahill-shadle_jennifer5.jpg
  • She was in the process of a contested divorce when she disappeared, and her husband was supposed to pay her $5,000 a month. Her husband is considered a person of interest in her disappearance and took a lie detector test, and police searched his property for her remains, but found nothing.

I wonder by what method LE searched the husbands property. A visual search is generally not very effective. A Cadaver dog would be advisable if it has not already been done.

Article from May 2020

State College, PA - Family and Police Still Searching for Answers 6 Years after Jennifer Cahill-Shadle's Disappearance -

At 4:51 p.m. on May 15, 2014, Jennifer Cahill-Shadle walked from the North Atherton Street Walmart, as later seen on surveillance video, across the parking lot toward the Dollar Tree store. She was seen later that rainy night at Simply Tan and, at around 10 p.m., in the vicinity of the former Don Patron Mexican Grill.
[...]
In 2018, Ferguson Township Police Chief Chris Albright formed a cold-case team comprised of two detectives to take a fresh look at the investigation along with two other notable unsolved cases: the 2001 disappearance of Penn State student Cindy Song and the 2016 murder of Jean Tuggy.

Albright said the detectives have continued the investigation. While he said he could not disclose any specific leads in the Cahill-Shadle case, the department has been working for about a year with the Pennsylvania Attorney General's Office, which has assigned a special prosecutor to assist with things such as court orders and search warrants.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda
Back