PA - Lindsay Cassidy, 23, & Kolby O'Brien, 3, found strangled, Chester, 28 March 2008

Steve- can you weigh in with your thoughts after reading #13,14, 15?

TV, I didn't see that where the mom of the little toddlers friend was quoted. Did it say specifically rowhouse apartment? Most of our area is rowhouses. Sometimes they'll turn them into apartments. I was just wondering because it is a high crime area, and perhaps the renovations were done illegally. Another words for zoning and such. Here's another link as some of the comments the people know all of the people that passed in the apartment. Comments ranging from medication to race.http://www.examiner.com/a-1310073~Police_await_autopsies_for_4_found_dead_in_Pa__home.html

The quote from the friend was in one of the 3 links in the first post. The friend called it an apartment recently remodeled and the other two links mentioned rowhouse and being a high crime area. Also, it says that the other girl found dead had been a friend for about ten years, so she wasn't some new friend that no one knew much about.

Much more info tonight:

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=6052050

(snips)
Police once again scoured the Keystone Road second floor apartment Monday looking for clues as to what caused 4 mysterious deaths over the weekend. However they came up with nothing conclusive - no smoking gun was found.
The bodies were found in 4 separate rooms. Police are working on theory that this was a murder-suicide. They believe the mother and child were possibly suffocated. The other 2 possibly killed by some kind of drug overdose, but that is only a working theory now.
Police say nothing has been ruled out.

Because the ME said that his tests for carbon monoxide were inconclusive and he hasn't yet ruled it out makes me think that it could have played a role here. (Even if the Police ruled it out as a possibility)

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=6052050

I think the case for a murder/suicide with the bodies found in four different rooms doesn't make sense. Say the boyfriend did this. Wouldn't he have wanted to be in the same room with his fiance to kill himself? After all, it would have been a statement on his part to carry out such a plan. To find him in another room, I would have expected to find a note or something to indicate a motive. No obvious signs of a struggle is telling, too.

We can't judge from here why the mother/grandmother would call instead of going over to check on them. Perhaps she is ill, doesn't have a vehicle, etc. I wouldn't assume it was due to the father or fear. If this were related to the father of the baby, I would expect to see signs of rage or abuse of the mother specifically. Suffocation as opposed to strangulation isn't consistent with that theory, imo.

Great job in getting this story out. Waiting on the autopsy toxicology report...odd really. Why kill a young woman/child, they has been there only 1 month. Was this a lovers triangle gone astray? Or were they caught in with some sick suicide pact with the other couple?

Thinking aloud here...Could it be some form of religion gone bad type thing? Waiting to hear what some of you think about this possibility.

I tried to do a search under the victims names in the Deleware County, Pa. website and it's the most non user friendly site I've seen. If someone can figure out the correct combination of codes to use and find anything, it might help figure this weird case out. Or maybe not, who knows.

You are right, Suzi. That is the most horrible public site I have run across!! You do everything exactly as they say and it doesn't work. The help menu is not any help at all either. They need a new webmaster! GRRR!

Hi, folks. Here is the site you should use http://ujsportal.pacourts.us/WebDocketSheets/OtherCriteria.aspx?mode=cp

It is much easier to navigate and there are a few surprises there as well.

The mother did not initially call the police, but sent Lindsay's brother to the apartment when she was told that her daughter missed work two days in a row. When the brother knocked on the door and did not get an answer, the police were called.

Do a search in the male name in Delaware County. Also search Timothy Beachum

I think those tox tests are going to tell the story here. If it was murder/suicide that's one thing. If it was murder, that's certainly another -- mass murders by poison are really rare, if you think about it. If it was something accidental, like fumes, etc -- wouldn't there have been other evidence? Wouldn't the cops who arrived on scene have been mildly affected? Haven't written about this yet, but it's so mysterious and strange I've been keeping close track.

Steve

Yes there would have been other evidence! Modern houses are pretty airtight. The police wouldn't have merely been mildly affected, it is possible some of them might have had to get medical care if it were carbon monoxide. And it would have been quite evident, given the cherry red coloring the dead bodies take on.

What if it was like that one case of murder, where an evil chemist spiked old fashioned sodas in glass bottles with poison, left them on their neighbor's porch for them to find, and innocently take in to drink? They did kill some of the family, but not all their intended victims. (ETA: I remember they took particular pains to make the bottle caps look untampered with to the naked eye, part of what busted the killers was the tool marks revealed under a microscope. The murderers were a husband and wife team, and I believe it was the wife who was a chemist.) It was on Crime Library, and they even wrote a "Mystery Night" scenario that in essence detailed the crime they committed. Gah, I'm off to search and see if I can find it. What if someone did something like that, gave them a poisoned gift of food? I think Unsolved Mysteries also covered the story as well, or maybe AMW.

If you will go look at the video of the apartment house, you will see that is no "modern" residential setting. The building is quite old and depending on when they died, if it was CMP, it could have simply dispersed due to drafty conditions before the FD arrived to use their detector.

My theory is a drug induced psychotic break that ended in the perpetrator killing him/herself. I am betting that the mother was naive and trusted a friend whom she should not have especially since the friend brought along a boyfriend with a criminal past.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back