PA PA - Marise Chiverella, 9, Hazleton, 18 March 1964

How far is the distance between where this abduction took place and where Kathy Shea was taken 1 year later? Could these be related cases?

How far is the distance between where this abduction took place and where Kathy Shea was taken 1 year later? Could these be related cases?

Quite a big distance IIRC, but I'm looking at the possibility that the person who was responsible was either working in the area or travelled there with his work. Secondment, basketball, St Patricks day celebrations etc.

I don't know how to post the Google map link, but it's interesting to say the least if one is to look up St Matthew RC church, Tyrone, Pa and Laurel drive and see the proximity between the two.
If the poster who said Kathy went missing from what's now known as Laurel drive is correct.

Want to know what I think? That 12 has nothing particular to do with anyone victim but is exclusive to the perp.

AT the time, I wonder what the oldest grade in the school was. What if the perp was 12 at the time.

He was born in 1912. Making him 50 at the time.
He was one of 12.
His name is the same as one of the 12 disciples.

Yes it could have something to do with the perp, maybe this person had been molested themselves at the age of 12...maybe it could have something to do with the Bible/religion, and I also had thoughts about gang initiation.

I can sort of manage 5 possibles.

Do you think you can list the five that you have? You don't have to post links or anything, I am just curious.

Another thing with the number 12 in religion, twelve is the age of accountability, when you do something wrong, you are held accountable for it, before that age you are forgiven by God.

I would check out each one on here, you will see the slight connections to the church.

NY - Mary Theresa Simpson, 12, Elmira, 1964

PA - Debra Lynne Makel, 8, murdered in Rices Landing, 1973

PA - Carol Ann Dougherty, 9, Bristol, 1962 -

PA - Marise Chiverella aged 9, Hazleton, 1964

PA - Kathy Shea, 6, Tyrone, March 1965 - Still Missing

Kathy Shea disappeared on the same day/date as Carol Ann in 1965, it was '12' that originated from Carol Ann's thread, I would continue your discussion there Skeet or it's all going to get confused (I'm already spinning). I have a theory where Kathy may be found but it's proving it.

I would check out each one on here, you will see the slight connections to the church.

Kathy Shea disappeared on the same day/date as Carol Ann in 1965, it was '12' that originated from Carol Ann's thread, I would continue your discussion there Skeet or it's all going to get confused (I'm already spinning). I have a theory where Kathy may be found but it's proving it.

I agree, sticking with one theory helps, then when you have gone as far as you can go with it you can always move onto to another. I hope you can solve Kathy's that would be awesome. Thanks for the list.

Slight correction, RH. Kathy Shea went missing one year after Marise Chiverella.

Carol Ann Dougherty, 9 - Bristol Borrough (Bucks County), PA - October 22, 1962

Mary Theresa Simpson, 12 - Elmira, NY - March 15, 1964

Marise Chiverella, 9 - Hazelton, PA - March 18, 1964

Kathy Shea, 6 - Tyrone, PA - March 18, 1965 Missing

Deborah Lynne Makel, 8 - Rices Landing, PA - October 5, 1973

I'm spinning, too. I might've found another to add. Not sure yet.

Slight correction, RH. Kathy Shea went missing one year after Marise Chiverella.

Carol Ann Dougherty, 9 - Bristol Borrough (Bucks County), PA - October 22, 1962

Mary Theresa Simpson, 12 - Elmira, NY - March 15, 1964

Marise Chiverella, 9 - Hazelton, PA - March 18, 1964

Kathy Shea, 6 - Tyrone, PA - March 18, 1965 Missing

Deborah Lynne Makel, 8 - Rices Landing, PA - October 5, 1973

I'm spinning, too. I might've found another to add. Not sure yet.

Yeah, thanks Bessie, that's what I mean. I'm going from one to another so much the lines are getting blurred.
Putting them in date order helps.

I think its weird that three of them are in March and two October.

I understand, RH. I have the hardest time making these wispy, unruly threads stay in place while I tie them together. :)

I agree, Skeet, and not only is there a correlation between the months, but the March dates, also.

Fr. Joseph Sabadish’s sister’s obit shows that her body was embalmed at a funeral home in Minersville. She was from Branchdale which is approx. 30 miles from Hazelton (where Marise disappeared). This is also where Joseph Sabadish’s body was embalmed. This is Joseph Sabadish’s “hometown” area. He attended the Catholic HS in Pottsville, PA.
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sc...ry-t-sabadish-peggy&pid=108199496#fbLoggedOut

Sabadish is actually the name ‘Sabados’ (It’s Slovakian. It was changed at Ellis Island like many Eastern European names were changed-mine included.)
http://boards.ancestry.ca/thread.aspx?mv=flat&m=1&p=surnames.sabados

Sabadish’s mom was also Slovak (Veronica Miziscko). The church Marise Chiverello dropped by to donate canned foods before she was abducted was Saints Cyril and Methodius (Slovak church under Rome)
http://sscmparish.com/History.html

Joseph Sabadish likely spoke fluent Slovak/Czech (his grade school may have only spoken Czech like many in mining communities in PA until the 1960s). He was very likely to have known the priest at the Slovak Ss. Cyril and Methodius Church where Marise dropped off canned food.

Marise disappeared along her walk from Alter Street down 4th Street. This walk took her directly in front of the parish residence for Ss. Cyril and Methodius. This was within a block of her school (St. Joseph’s School). Was Joseph Sabadish staying there that morning?
Bristol’s HS basketball team (Sabadish was assigned to a parish in Bristol) had played in St. Joseph’s gym (on N Laurel St. where Marise attended) the night before she was murdered.

Msgr Joseph Gavenda was the parish priest in 1964 at Ss. Cryril and Methodius Church. Is he still living? If I were Marise’s family, I'd make an unexpected visit to him and beg for answers.

The "12" could be Jesus’ list of 12 evils that emanate from the heart:
"fornication, theft, murder, adultery, avarice, wickedness, deceit, licentiousness, envy, slander, pride, folly"

Those perfectly describe a child rapist/killer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back