PA - Michael, 50, & Cathryn Borden, 50, shot to death, 13 Nov 2005

Fox reporting the nine year old ran for help to the neighbors. So that is why LE knows David committed the crime. The rest is yet to unfold.

PrayersForMaura said:
younger brother? I thought he was younger too, per the articles. But he lists his age as older?
unless he is lying about his age on myspace.com too.
Sorry PFM. Two answers in one.

Yes, same David.

And witnesses were Kara Beths siblings who were home at the time..younger bother and older sister..both id 'd David and desciped clothing.

petra

I can see this girl passing for 17, I went to school with someone who had the same stature as Kara does and she was 19 and looked like a 12 year old. I really hope they're found. A few people commented on her blog entry from 10/3 about her being missing.

ETA: I don't find that poem weird that one of her friends wrote, teenagers write that kind of stuff all the time (wow, I'm sounding way older then 21 right now) but I don't think it had anything to do with this.

Paradise said:
I can see this girl passing for 17, I went to school with someone who had the same stature as Kara does and she was 19 and looked like a 12 year old. I really hope they're found. A few people commented on her blog entry from 10/3 about her being missing.

ETA: I don't find that poem weird that one of her friends wrote, teenagers write that kind of stuff all the time (wow, I'm sounding way older then 21 right now) but I don't think it had anything to do with this.

There is a hidden message. Whether it was an abusive situation or a teen acting out in their own regard is inknown to us right now. But the blog tells us there is a problem.

petra said:
Sorry PFM. Two answers in one.

Yes, same David.

And witnesses were Kara Beths siblings who were home at the time..younger bother and older sister..both id 'd David and desciped clothing.

petra
gotcha, :doh:
I missed that!! :blushing:

I guess I see this way differently then someone older then me would. To me, this is just a girl writing out her feelings and thoughts. People write this kind of stuff all the time and I don't see anything that stands out. It just looks like another teens thoughts.

BTW that poem/writing was NOT from Kara's blog, it was from her friends.

Paradise said:
I guess I see this way differently then someone older then me would. To me, this is just a girl writing out her feelings and thoughts. People write this kind of stuff all the time and I don't see anything that stands out. It just looks like another teens thoughts.
I am more than twice your age and read Kara's friends poem the same way. :)

Actually think it might be homework assignment. kara and most of her blog friends are home schooled--seem to all list christian, Jesus,the BIble, no drink, no smoke and hope to go to college.....Not judging, just observing.

Kara says she is 17 on my space, as do friends and they also say they make more than 250,000 USD a year..Just teen age suff IMO..none of them have many blog entries. And some are closing down as we discuss this.

concernedperson said:
Doesn't change a thing. This is looking very not family like.
I agree, just pointing out how these myspace blogs are frightening.

Should be renamed "mylies blog "

PFM..yes, there does seem to be an undercurrent of real life situation in this poem.

Seems so many are writing this same type of theme in their blogs.

Scary. can very well be in this case..esp. since it seems to be her best friend.

The poor parents and family..what a nightmare for all.:(

The couple's 9-year-old son David, the youngest of five children, had fled to a neighbor's house and called 911, Seace said. An older daughter still living at home and two adult sons were also safe, he said.

But Kara Beth Borden, 14, was missing. Police said she was last seen that morning at the family's home in Warwick Township, about 60 miles west of Philadelphia, and was reportedly abducted at gunpoint.

Stephanie Mannon, 16, said Ludwig and Kara Borden had been seeing each other secretly.

"Their parents didn't approve of them being together" because of the age difference, she said. "It wasn't because he was a shady character, because he wasn't."
http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/news/nation/story/2894643p-11559058c.html

petra said:
I am more than twice your age and read Kara's friends poem the same way. :)

Actually think it might be homework assignment. kara and most of her blog friends are home schooled--seem to all list christian, Jesus,the BIble, no drink, no smoke and hope to go to college.....Not judging, just observing.

Kara says she is 17 on my space, as do friends and they also say they make more than 250,000 USD a year..Just teen age suff IMO..none of them have many blog entries. And some are closing down as we discuss this.
I'm chalking her friend's so called "cry for help" up to normal teenage things. One of my best friends did (and to this day still does) write stuff like that. It's just her way to destress. I just find this all to be normal kid stuff.

I am older and I read the blog. I also didn't see much of anything in it except typical kids. They seem to have visited back and forth in the blog, kind of a "look at me" type of conversations without any real substance. No declarations, no giving out personal info. They didn't even meet through the blog, they just happened to have them. As a matter of fact, with the lack of any outrageous statements, I am thinking this was probably a case of Mom or Dad may have supervised the blog. Very little personal info (some of that wasn't true) and conversations that the parents would not have had a problem with.
From the article I just posted, the girl and boy may have been seeing each other secretly and when the parents found out, they attempted to stop it because of the age differences. Not that unusual a situation today.
Maybe a socially immature 18 year old, and a 14 year old trying to grow up too fast.
But evidently there was more going on with David. All of the articles so far are saying she was taken from the home at gunpoint. I am thinking that when the parents tried to break them up, maybe she was going to obey. And maybe he couldn't stand that. So he went after her at gunpoint.

Most of the kids seem to know eachother and live in the same area. I think someone said earlier that they were homeschooled? If so, I would think that this is a way for them to get together and talk to people their own age. I can't imagine being homeschooled, I'd be lonely.

A 14-year-old girl was missing after her parents were shot to death in their home Sunday morning, and authorities were searching for her 18-year-old boyfriend, who reportedly abducted her at gunpoint. Michael and Cathryn Borden, both 50, were found shot to death shortly after 8 a.m., Lititz Police Chief William Seace said.

The couple's 9-year-old son David, the youngest of five children, had fled to the home of neighbors, who called 911, Seace said. An older daughter still living at home and two adult sons were also safe, he said.

But Kara Beth Borden, 14, was missing. Police said she was last seen that morning at the family's home in Warwick Township, about 60 miles west of Philadelphia, and was reportedly abducted at gunpoint.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,175438,00.html

Oh, what has that beautiful little girl gotten herself involved in............

Alert issued for Pennsylvania girl after her parents found dead

LITITZ, Pa. - A 14-year-old girl was missing after her parents were shot to death in their home Sunday morning, and authorities were searching for her 18-year-old boyfriend, who reportedly abducted her at gunpoint.
Michael and Cathryn Borden, both 50, were found shot to death shortly after 8 a.m., Lititz Police Chief William Seace said.

The couple’s 9-year-old son, David, the youngest of five children, had fled to the home of neighbors, who called 911, Seace said. An older daughter still living at home and two adult sons were also safe, he said.
But Kara Beth Borden, 14, was missing. Police said she was last seen that morning at the family’s home in Warwick Township, about 60 miles west of Philadelphia, and was reportedly abducted at gunpoint by David G. Ludwig, 18.

“The young girl was out during the night, came home, and her parents confronted her. From what we understand, he came to the house,” Seace said.

“We don’t know whether she has been abducted or is willingly a part of this,” Seace said, but he added that until they can determine otherwise, police are operating on the assumption that Kara had been kidnapped.

More at link:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10028966/

our local news has reported that the two teens Kara and Ludwig were out all night together (Sat) and when they returned Sun morning a confrontation with Kara's parents ensued. Kara's two other siblings were reported to have quietly escaped after the gunfire and went to a neighbor's house to report the shooting of their parents...

indigomood said:
our local news has reported that the two teens Kara and Ludwig were out all night together (Sat) and when they returned Sun morning a confrontation with Kara's parents ensued. Kara's two other siblings were reported to have quietly escaped after the gunfire and went to a neighbor's house to report the shooting of their parents...

Thanks for the update Indigomood. I wonder where the gun came from?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back