GUILTY PA - Troy LaFerrara, 42, dies in Craigslist thrill killing, Sunbury, 11 Nov 2013

Trident: my friend had the same problem while looking for a rental. CL is full of many scams. She is more the gullible type so I had to walk her through the logic. But your situation mirrors hers in most ways.

Glad you got out of the situation safely.

Not to get way off topic here, but what I have noticed with Craigslist rentals is this expectation that the renters pay for the appliance warranty fees? Why would I, as a renter, pay that? The appliances belong to the landlord, if they break, either the landlord will fix them or replace them. If I buy a new fridge, it comes with me when I move out.

I have seen that several times.

I have never and will never use Craigslist.... Because of stories like this. I snot care if I'm with a group of big burly men. Never, ever, ever! Holy h*ll.

Just a sidenote, I'm from near this area and I can't imagine this happening, even though I know bad things happen, but still.

There is a guy who posts on a Fender Guitar Forum I visit.
He was recently trying to sell a couple of iPads on Craigslist and set up a meet with a woman who answered the ad in the parking lot of his apartment building.
He was Tased from behind and knocked down and kicked and the merchandise and his wallet stolen by two guys who flanked him while he was talking to her.
Apparently your taking your chances with these transactions.

While I would NOT likely sell anything on craigslist I have bought a few things and never had a bad experience. Bought a car, some dog crates, found the house I rent now there, recently purchased an antique gun cabinet, etc....

I am picky though, I have to like how they sound on the phone and I won't go into the hood or deal with anyone that sounds like they come from the hood. Other than that I realize that they could be psycho and as far as they know I could be too! I only deal with sellers that seem straight up and very nice and even then I go armed just in case.

I have never and will never use Craigslist.... Because of stories like this. I snot care if I'm with a group of big burly men. Never, ever, ever! Holy h*ll.

Just a sidenote, I'm from near this area and I can't imagine this happening, even though I know bad things happen, but still.

BBM

Ewwwwww! If you use a tissue that might help. :scared:

There is a guy who posts on a Fender Guitar Forum I visit.
He was recently trying to sell a couple of iPads on Craigslist and set up a meet with a woman who answered the ad in the parking lot of his apartment building.
He was Tased from behind and knocked down and kicked and the merchandise and his wallet stolen by two guys who flanked him while he was talking to her.
Apparently your taking your chances with these transactions.

I'd only agree to meet in a McDonald's or something like that, with a friend.

BBM

Ewwwwww! If you use a tissue that might help. :scared:

Ah ha ha ha, lol :floorlaugh:
Damned spellcheck... Still very funny.

Hey, none of those scary Craigslist dudes would come at me with snot hangin out! :floorlaugh:

Victim’s Wife Reacts To Alleged Thrill Killer Case

SUNBURY — Two newlyweds from central Pennsylvania accused in a homicide case have been featured on news reports around the world since reports broke on Friday evening that they may have murdered a man in Sunbury simply for the thrill of the kill.

Media outlets from all over the world are referring to Elyette and Miranda Barbour as the “newlywed thrill killers” but for some people in Selinsgrove, they were simply known as new neighbors.

full article and video at link ............. http://wnep.com/2013/12/09/victims-wife-reacts-to-alleged-thrill-killer-case/

Wow, just saw this in the news and if true, maybe some murder cases might be solved.

video.
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2014/02/16/21474396.html
"The Sunbury Daily Item reported Saturday that Miranda Barbour, 19, admitted her guilt in the stabbing death of a man in Port Trevorton, Pa., last November and confessed she has killed many others in Alaska, Texas, North Carolina and California in the past six years.

"When I hit 22, I stopped counting," Barbour told the newspaper from Northumberland County Prison Friday night. "I can pinpoint on a map where you can find them."

:eek:

Craigslist Murder: Real Life 'Dexter' Claims More than 22 Satanic Murders

It's insane, scary and believable ... a 19-year-old girl admits to not only killing a guy who hired her for sex on Craigslist, she says she killed so many others, "When I hit 22, I stopped counting."

Miranda Barbour is in a Pennsylvania jail, awaiting trial for allegedly stabbing Troy LaFerrara 20 times, because she tested him and said she was only 16 and he responded by saying he'd still have sex with her. And -- as a molestation victim herself -- that set her off.

Barbour said in a jailhouse interview over the weekend she's been killing people since she was 13. She insists she only kills bad people, claiming, "I did this to people who did bad things and didn't deserve to be here anymore."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/02/16/cragslist-murder-satanic-cult-miranda-barbour-sex/#ixzz2tVLpo7nx

I'm not so sure I believe her.
It was a shockingly sloppy crime for someone that's allegedly had so much experience. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB
Back