GUILTY PA - Troy LaFerrara, 42, dies in Craigslist thrill killing, Sunbury, 11 Nov 2013

I'm not so sure I believe her.
It was a shockingly sloppy crime for someone that's allegedly had so much experience. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't believe her tales at all.

Agreed. I think she's fantasized that she's killed so many. OTOH, I'd be surprised if this was her first. Just my gut reaction.

ETA: I also wouldn't be surprised if she told dh she killed many more, and he believed her and was excited by it. Sick, sick people. Ugh!

I was watching Dr.Phil the other day. He had on some teenager that claimed to be in the street gang Latin Kings. He told some TALL tales..details about murders he witnessed an involved it. Never mind the fact he was as white as the driven snow with red hair...claiming to be in a Latino gang... His parents and step mother believed it. He enjoyed torturing them.
The kid was seriously emotionally disturbed, but he wasn't a gang member and he wasn't a murderer. It really disturbed me how badly he wished he was.
Got me wondering how many young people idolize and fantasize about murder, what's wrong with them, and how do we identify it before they act on it?

Miranda was recently married?
Does anyone know her previous married name, or her maiden name?
This would help trace her wherabouts before she married the Barbour creep.

Miranda was recently married?

Does anyone know her previous married name, or her maiden name?

This would help trace her wherabouts before she married the Barbour creep.

Iirc she claims to have been in Alaska, Texas, and recently moved to Pennsylvania from North Carolina. She married 3 weeks ago in North Carolina

Either she proves her claims or else she's just starving for fame and attention. I call bs.

Either she proves her claims or else she's just starving for fame and attention. I call bs.
I think I agree with you. They seem guilty of this murder and she may have had something to do with the death of her baby's father, but all these other claims sound like they come from a mentally disturbed person. And I'm not sure who did what in the craig list murder.-seems like they are lying to protect each other. This is going to take awhile to sort out, because it sounds like she might have been making up stories to impress her husband. Either way, she admits she' a danger to society and doesn't need to be free. And I believe her for sure on that one! I hope the baby is ok and never sees her mother's face again. moo

Iirc she claims to have been in Alaska, Texas, and recently moved to Pennsylvania from North Carolina. She married 3 weeks ago in North Carolina

I think she married 3 weeks before the homicide, which happened on NOV 1st, 2013. So she must have been married in October 2013.

She had a previous husband, and so there are 3 last names she could be under on social media. I am reading all the news articles to try to find her other husbands last name or her maiden name. Then i bet her FB page would be found.

Also, she had a roomate there in Selingsgrove, and I'll bet these so-called "Satantists" hang out together on weekends and websites. Finding her on one of those websites would bear out much more evidence of her history...

I think I agree with you. They seem guilty of this murder and she may have had something to do with the death of her baby's father, but all these other claims sound like they come from a mentally disturbed person. And I'm not sure who did what in the craig list murder.-seems like they are lying to protect each other. This is going to take awhile to sort out, because it sounds like she might have been making up stories to impress her husband. Either way, she admits she' a danger to society and doesn't need to be free. And I believe her for sure on that one! I hope the baby is ok and never sees her mother's face again. moo

I agree as well. She says she started killing at 13, says they were all bad people, claims the most recent was a child molestor, then throws in a satanic cult to boot? Sounds like delusional revenge fantasies, IMO.

Elytte is from Coats NC
He went to Triton High School
His google plus page says he graduated in 2010.

He had a kid out of wedlock. Miranda had a baby too.
Very sad...

MIRANDA'S PRIOR LAST NAME WAS DEAN

http://harnettnews.org/?p=1328

Before the photo of the diamond ring surfaced, Elytte Barbour explained that his wife offered strangers companionship to earn money for the family. Elytte had yet to get his first paycheck as a dishwasher at a Snyder County restaurant.
“We were strapped for cash,” Elytte Barbour said.
Elytte Barbour stood outside The Daily Item and smoked a cigarette on Wednesday as he detailed his admiration and affection for his teen wife. He insisted she was not the “cold killer” that police said she was, but rather a great conversationalist who would accompany unhappy men for a price.

Back in Coats, Vaneyll wasn’t buying Miranda Barbour’s story about having just “delightful conversations” with men for money.
“She loved sex,” Vaneyll said. “She went to sex stores to buy sex toys.”

http://harnettnews.org/?p=1328

I don't know how to post a link from my tablet, but the article in The Independent quotes her mother confirming the molestation when Miranda was four. Miranda also says the majority of the murders took place in Alaska...I suppose that is one place it is easier to hide bodies than some.

"SUNBURY — After marrying Elytte Barbour, the former Miranda Dean returned to her job at a North Carolina grocery store for about a week, a guest at her wedding said Wednesday, then left the job she held for about a year.

Morgan Brown, 22, of Erwin, N.C., said cashier Miranda Dean walked into the supermarket in early October and asked her whether she would be a witness at her nuptials."

http://www.dailyitem.com/0100_news/x389242543/Alleged-thrill-killers-planned-Halloween-nuptials

the Honda CRV was at their wedding in NC

Do we believe her about the multiple prior murders in other areas of the country?

I tend to think she HAS killed before. The Satanic cult angle stuff seems a bit self serving but there is no reason for me NOT to believe some self proclaimed satanist assisted her and orchestrated the first alleged murder I guess.

Do we believe her about the multiple prior murders in other areas of the country?

I tend to think she HAS killed before. The Satanic cult angle stuff seems a bit self serving but there is no reason for me NOT to believe some self proclaimed satanist assisted her and orchestrated the first alleged murder I guess.

At first I didn't believe her, but she says the majority were in Alaska. That makes me slightly more inclined towards belief, but only a little. It still reads delusional revenge fantasy to me at this point.

Seems so unremarkable, unlike the SM of a missing woman I'm following :(

Maybe those that sound the most "unusual" on SM are the normal ones, and vice versa(?)

Would never have expected this from browsing that. Maybe her private stuff or other SM accounts have something more disturbing(?). Cause it's hard to see anything this awful coming from the person on that page.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back