Parents of baby Lisa Press Release 10/21/11

I thought I read that JI was the one that consented to the cadaver dog, being the owner of the home. I don't think he knew that there was anything for the dog to hit on. I think he came home and was shocked to find the baby missing.

We all need to remember the defense attorney for the parents released this statement. It doesn't mean a WORD of it is the truth. Just sayin...

Thanks Smooth! Interesting Press Release. :seeya:

The first thing I notice is the concerted effort by the defense team to use Lisa's name more rather than the generic terms that DB and JI were using. Nice touch....

JMO

If they didnt sign off on those searches how would that have looked and maybe she didnt realize if she only had the baby on the floor for a short amount of time that the dogs wouldnt pick up the scent. A warrant would have been gotten either way so she was screwed no matter how you look at it.

I agree, the agreeing to a search is meaningless, LE was going to search either way; the lawyers probably told them it would look better to agree to the search.

They were at the police station on the 4-6-8-9-11-13...40 hours of questioning...This is Oct. 21st. So the last time they visited LE station was 8 days ago...40 hrs of questioning in 18 days? They "allowed" LE to collect samples?
See where I'm going?...These parents are not the victims...An 11 month old baby named Lisa is!...Sounds almost like they want a medal for participating in the search for their missing child...Sounds to me like they are forming their defense through media interviews and press releases. I totally understand what they are attempting to do in this statement release but I'm seeing a defense strategy.

They were at the police station on the 4-6-8-9-11-13...40 hours of questioning...This is Oct. 21st. So the last time they visited LE station was 8 days ago...40 hrs of questioning in 18 days? They "allowed" LE to collect samples?
See where I'm going?...These parents are not the victims...An 11 month old baby named Lisa is!...Sounds almost like they want a medal for participating in the search for their missing child...Sounds to me like they are forming their defense through media interviews and press releases. I totally understand what they are attempting to do in this statement release but I'm seeing a defense strategy.

I agree. They " agreed to an Amber Alert." Are you kidding me? Wow, how big of them.

Did anyone notice when the lawyer held a press conference, he stated "these parents are grieving the loss of their child"...He stumbles through and tries to recover by saying their hope is that Lisa will be returned safe and in good health...

Did anyone notice when the lawyer held a press conference, he stated "these parents are grieving the loss of their child"...He stumbles through and tries to recover by saying their hope is that Lisa will be returned safe and in good health...

Yep. And I said, "Here we go again..."

The statement is totally meaningless to me.
I can't believe anything from a defense lawyer anymore, although I hate that fact.
And these parents, if truly innocent, should be speaking out spontaneously, willingly, from their hearts, and often. Not taking time to structure stilted statements to be delivered via high-priced lawyers.
Again, I go back to Marc Klaas...he is my model of a parent of a truly missing child.

Even if they were counseled against it - LE got a search warrant signed by a judge. Not much you can do about that now is there?

I'm taking it as the "consented search" on Monday with the FBI dogs was consented to because: a) JT really did (or does) believe the parents and b) the parents didn't think the dogs would get a hit - or didn't think they would take the dogs into their bedroom.

Once they got that hit - that was all they needed to get to a judge and get a signed warrant. No consent needed anymore.

JMHO
Can't remember where I read it but apparently the searches prior to the warrant didn't allow access to the parents bedroom - only areas directly relevant to the 'kidnapping' ...

Maybe so.. But IMO until it's clarified about the HRD positive hit/alert and that it can be linked to baby Lisa.. Or other forensic evidence brought to light that baby Lisa is deceased and the death linked to mom or dad or both.. I'll continue to hold onto a sliver of hope for her.. I want so badly for her to be alive and I feel so determined to hold on to whatever hope that I can that she's still alive..

I am not a stupid person, nor am I ignorant, maybe a dreamer not ready to give up yet, yes.. But I just can't bear to know that it's happened yet again.. That once again it's the helpless child that is harmed/murdered by the very being that she was a part of, that she grew inside of, and was born of.. Why?? Why??

I know it happens, I know there are children around this world that daily are abused and harmed at the hands of their very own mommy.. My God! what chance do these precious human beings have if it is their very own mother who hurts them, harms them, hates and resents them?? How do they ever stand a chance in this world when their mommy's are determined to kill them?? There's something very wrong!! And if it's as so many truly believe.. I cannot bear to watch another evil person.. That's disguised as a "mommy" become another "star" right alongside Casey!! I can't!!!

Can't remember where I read it but apparently the searches prior to the warrant didn't allow access to the parents bedroom - only areas directly relevant to the 'kidnapping' ...

The cadaver dog hit was on Monday the 17th with no search warrant and was two days before the search warrant signed by the judge. It is the reason the judge allowed the search warrant and the house to be searched on Wed.

I agree. They " agreed to an Amber Alert." Are you kidding me? Wow, how big of them.

I thought the same thing. It's their baby that is missing, after all. They should be demanding things like Amber alerts, not be praised for agreeing to it.

If they didnt sign off on those searches how would that have looked and maybe she didnt realize if she only had the baby on the floor for a short amount of time that the dogs wouldnt pick up the scent. A warrant would have been gotten either way so she was screwed no matter how you look at it.

I agree. I read these forums and garner lots of info, but I would have thought it took awhile for decomp. I had no idea it starts right away.

We all need to remember the defense attorney for the parents released this statement. It doesn't mean a WORD of it is the truth. Just sayin...

I'd certainly feel more comfortable if LE came out and confirmed this latest presser. I just don't know what to make of it now :(

MOO

Mel

Maybe so.. But IMO until it's clarified about the HRD positive hit/alert and that it can be linked to baby Lisa.. Or other forensic evidence brought to light that baby Lisa is deceased and the death linked to mom or dad or both.. I'll continue to hold onto a sliver of hope for her.. I want so badly for her to be alive and I feel so determined to hold on to whatever hope that I can that she's still alive..

I am not a stupid person, nor am I ignorant, maybe a dreamer not ready to give up yet, yes.. But I just can't bear to know that it's happened yet again.. That once again it's the helpless child that is harmed/murdered by the very being that she was a part of, that she grew inside of, and was born of.. Why?? Why??

I know it happens, I know there are children around this world that daily are abused and harmed at the hands of their very own mommy.. My God! what chance do these precious human beings have if it is their very own mother who hurts them, harms them, hates and resents them?? How do they ever stand a chance in this world when their mommy's are determined to kill them?? There's something very wrong!! And if it's as so many truly believe.. I cannot bear to watch another evil person.. That's disguised as a "mommy" become another "star" right alongside Casey!! I can't!!!

I hear you SmoothO, its too TOO much... Feeling very upset and raw today over baby Lisa and The other missing 11 month old found deceased. I want to move to another species....

Very well put - thank you. AFter I read the letter I wanted to say to these parents "ya want a cookie"?

How big of them to be so cooperative when their baby is missing.

Blech --

Mel

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg