Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again I'm reading the time of death was 8:10am. The reason I don't buy the laptop story is because of the time of death if it is accurate. He left to purchase coffee and came back at 8:20am correct? and wasn't he gone for 45 min's?

I need to start a log, this is very different sleuthing compared to sleuthing a reality tv show! :crazy:

I know I will get bopped for this, but I don't think this is his story, I think this is theirs, and he ended up agreeing with it.
I don't trust them. Not that I trust him either, but it certainly is more convenient for them if he confesses to their theory.

You may well be right. "Prompting" by police, if not outright coercion, seems to be common to police work in all jurisdictions.

But the confession as reported sure sounds like JVS to me: he was high, the girl provoked him by violating his privacy. Or put more simply, "Yeah, I did it, but it wasn't really my fault."

Of course we're getting all this third-, fourth- or eighth-hand, but it sounds like one of those "here's how I distance myself from what I did" confessions that killers like to concoct.

Not sure if posted yet. If so, I apologize.

"In Peru, investigators are leaning on van der Sloot to give them information about Holloway's 2005 disappearance in Aruba during a school trip. He has been arrested twice in Aruba and remains the prime suspect, but has never been charged.

Master hackers hired by Peruvian authorities to examine his laptop have reportedly found pictures and other information relating to Holloway."

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Media/joran-van-der-sloot-growing-link-natalee-holloway/story?id=10863952

Lets just hope the many prayers around the world for NH will finally come to light if there is sufficient info on that laptop!

Question, what happens if the Peruvian Investigators find enough information to charge him in the NH case? Do they turn him over to the U.S after they are done with him in the SF case?

Respectfully snipped from the link posted by Marmar on the last page...

There were two coffee cups with which he bought because he said he planned to have breakfast with the unfortunate girl, who had met the day before (May 29) at home games.

"I was going to use one of my bags to get the body of the hotel. I did not because I feared that I stopped by to leave with my luggage without paying, "said the boy in 21 years, he told a detective linked to the investigation.

He was bankrupt, had lost almost all his money playing poker since 14 May last, when he came to Lima from Colombia. So stay owed services, said another agent.

-------

This scenario would tie in nicely with the translated news report Mohabi provided for us yesterday (#15 in the translation thread).

Joran buys two cups of coffee and biscotti's at the mini-mart @ 8:00 am. Returns to TAC room 309. Snaps and kills Stephany, drinks coffee and eats while he thinks about how to get her body out of the hotel. Realizes the front desk will stop him on way out because he owes 2 days past. Did the front desk mention this to him when he returned with coffee?

After he kills Stephany, he steals her money and goes down again to front desk @ 8:25 to pay for late days. Returns to room to pack, shower, shave and then flees leaving Stephany's body on the floor @ 8:45. His brown duffle bag did not look nearly large enough for a body to fit. Plus, I don't think he wanted to leave the impression with the front desk that he was leaving for good, hence his comment "don't bother my girl!"

I think this is a possible scenario.

Lets just hope the many prayers around the world for NH will finally come to light if there is sufficient info on that laptop!

Question, what happens if the Peruvian Investigators find enough information to charge him in the NH case? Do they turn him over to the U.S after they are done with him in the SF case?

Good Question. I have no idea but I too am hoping it leads to a conviction in Natalee's case also. I just saw another article after posting that one that said there was "incriminating evidence" in the case against Natalee, found by the hackers, not just evidence.

Let's hope that's true.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20100608/D9G743I82.html

snipped
"A fixture on true crime shows and in tabloids after Holloway's disappearance, he gained a reputation for lying - even admitting a penchant for it - and also exhibited a volatile temper. In one Dutch television interview he threw a glass of wine in a reporter's eyes. In another, he smashed a glass of water against a wall in a fury.

Bolded by me. I've not heard anything about a glass of water. Is there a video on that as there is on the wine that he threw on the reporter?

I am wondering if his mom will send him money in prison. I'm sure she will. $1000 a month can buy him hot showers and food as well as protection. If I were him I would find 10 of the biggest guys there and pay them each $100 a month to protect me.

Once again I'm reading the time of death was 8:10am. The reason I don't buy the laptop story is because of the time of death if it is accurate. He left to purchase coffee and came back at 8:20am correct? and wasn't he gone for 45 min's?

I need to start a log, this is very different sleuthing compared to sleuthing a reality tv show! :crazy:

Time of death is 8:11am. He went to get coffee around 8am. It was right across the street, he came right back. (That is the most precise time any source has given that I've seen)

Left the hotel at 8:56am.

Three days later, an employee of the hotel, Adelia Abad Rochena, received a call for room 309, where Joran van der Sloot was staying. Then she transferred the call but since nobody was answering, the call returned to the phone central. Forty minutes later, the employee found out that van der Sloot owed 2 days of rent.

I am bringing this over from the translation thread and wondered if anyone can clarify the part that I bolded.

Didn't we read somewhere that he paid for 14 days and told them to not disturb his girl? Paraphrasing. Where does the 14 days of paid room come from, if the employee realized that he owed 2days after she tried transferring a call to his room?

If they found enough evidence to charge him for Natalee's death, Aruba would have to charge him. I doubt they would.

Nancy said last night Joran was gone for 90 minutes and we know based on the timeline that wasn't true.

I know Joran is a gigantic liar, but I can see him killing Stephany because she got on his computer and started asking him questions about Natalee, etc. I think he probably does/did have damning info on his computer; he's just the type of guy to feel cocky enough to have info related to Natalee's death on his laptop imo.

I am wondering if his mom will send him money in prison. I'm sure she will. $1000 a month can buy him hot showers and food as well as protection. If I were him I would find 10 of the biggest guys there and pay them each $100 a month to protect me.

Until the 10 get paid $105 to deal you some pain.

I am bringing this over from the translation thread and wondered if anyone can clarify the part that I bolded.

Didn't we read somewhere that he paid for 14 days and told them to not disturb his girl? Paraphrasing. Where does the 14 days of paid room come from, if the employee realized that he owed 2days after she tried transferring a call to his room?

Hi Guardian Angel,

I think he paid 14 days when he arrived on may 14th, so by may 30th, he would owe 2 days.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20100608/D9G743I82.html

snipped
"A fixture on true crime shows and in tabloids after Holloway's disappearance, he gained a reputation for lying - even admitting a penchant for it - and also exhibited a volatile temper. In one Dutch television interview he threw a glass of wine in a reporter's eyes. In another, he smashed a glass of water against a wall in a fury.

Bolded by me. I've not heard anything about a glass of water. Is there a video on that as there is on the wine that he threw on the reporter?

I don't know of any video. Here's a link (glass smashing incident at bottom):

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/0...-aruba-disappearance-shows-volatile-moods-tv/

After Van der Sloot was shown the [polygraph] test results, Amesz asked him on camera what he thought the consequences would be.

Rather than answer, he grabbed a glass of water from the table, spun out of his chair and smashed it in fury against a wall.

He smashed a glass of water on the wall in a fury.

Reminiscent of O.J

They base this assumption on a rare find. Indeed, when the Chilean Investigative Police stopped him, found in his backpack with his laptop, a table providing an accurate tidal surges Lima under the sea.

Reminiscent of Scott Peterson.

That would be smart...but....I am sure it would be equally easy to simply put a bounty on his head. The inmates would be crawling over each other to see who could kill him first.

About the COD. He claims he gave her a karate chop to the neck. A guy on NG last night..didn't catch who it was since I was helping with 7th grade math at the same time..but he seemed like a doctor..said that it's not that easy to break someone's neck. He said other than accidents and falls (and I would add suicide) it's very rare for a COD. He said JVS would have to know how to twist and jerk it (sorry). That's a very good point. That makes it seem all the more cold to me. For some reason even though I had read "broken neck" I was thinking strangling which to me might show more of a rage than a deliberate twist and cracking of a neck (sorry again). Also makes me think of Casey Anthony's alleged searches for "neck breaking."

Hi Guardian Angel,

I think he paid 14 days when he arrived on may 14th, so by may 30th, he would owe 2 days.

I believe this is incorrect. Either he checked in on the 16th, which would match up with the rest of what's been reported, or he paid for the night of the 14th and 15th separately, and then paid for the 2 weeks in advance on the 16th.

I think he checked in on the 16th.

I'm going to post an updated timeline in a bit.

I don't know how much money she has but she will have to send him some if the prisons are anything like they are here. In the U.S. you have to put money on inmates books so that they can have soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, underwear etc. I've read their prisons are worse so she will have to send him money. The more money you have the easier it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500