Photo of Caylee Mid-tantrum **REVISITED**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then how do you explain the differences in her right hand? Even in the grainy cell phone photo, you can tell her arm is upraised and her index & thumb are not in the same position. At least that's what my eyes see...I looked at the pic on Val's site and at the one on docstoc.com bigger than they are shown here...

Do you have a link to the old discussion? TIA :)

I think its very sad.. makes my heart tug of what her lil face coulda looked like ,,,,,

in the end.... i agree to whoever said they hope they show this one in court.

does anyone know when this was taken
?

You bring up a very good point, "knowing what we know now". Had we seen this picture at any other time with an alive Caylee, most of us would have thought nothing of it. I think we all have pictures of our kids crying for various reasons, but it's only until a child is murdered that everything tends to take on a sinister connotation with everything surrounding that child and the murderer.

I detest Casey as much as anyone else for what she has done, but in reality, I don't think this picture is anything of substance other than sad to see her little cherub face upset, knowing now that she can never cry again.
I would have thought much of this picture. If I were a friend or family member and saw this picture, I would be alerted to watch for signs of neglect and/or abuse. The picture has a sinister connotation because she was living in a sinister environment. Friends and family who saw this before the fact and see it now after the fact should be kicking themselves asking, "Why didn't I pay more attention?"

IMO, this is a picture of a child who needs to be comforted. I do not think this is the face of a tantrum unless you want to classify a tantrum as a child who is very tired and wants to be picked up/hugged/rocked/loved by their mother/father/grandparent. Personally, I classify a tantrum as a spoiled fit where a child is not getting something they want such as a toy or a candy or "their way". I put a hurting/frightened/tired child who needs to be held in a different class, although I will concede that sometimes this in itself can lead to a fit. If it were any other child but Caylee, I would just think "Awww! Poor baby! What's wrong?" But knowing what we have learned of KC, I tend to lean more toward "What is KC doing to this poor child?" JMO.

You're right - I didn't look at it that way. Tantrums tend to be between parent and child, and when child doesn't get his/her way they DISTANCE themself from the parent (mine did anyway). You're mean, I'm going to stomp off into my room.

This picture looks like caylee was hurt and in desparate need of comforting.

Which of course, makes the whole picture taking all the more gory.

MOO

Mel

Then how do you explain the differences in her right hand? Even in the grainy cell phone photo, you can tell her arm is upraised and her index & thumb are not in the same position. At least that's what my eyes see...I looked at the pic on Val's site and at the one on docstoc.com bigger than they are shown here...

Do you have a link to the old discussion? TIA :)

No, sorry I do not have links to the old threads. As I said before up thread, I don't remember which specific threads we discussed this on. I am not being snary here. This was two years ago and during that time, documentation was being released rapidly. The one link in the reference thread doesn't work.

If JBean can't find them, you might try a search here or google it to confirm what I posted. I do understand your doubts as I see you are a fairly new poster. We all had our doubts too when this info was first released. But we were able to see the actual photos attached to the released doc on media web sites back then. Now I haven't looked back in the photo archives, you might want to try there as well.

OT to JBean, now we all can understand why it's important to tag a thread as well as to keep the discussions within a specific thread. So many discussions get cross-referenced with threads and it can drive one nutso finding what one remembers was discussed. I am guilty of this too sometimes. :innocent:

I have to agree with those saying that doesn't look like a tantrum. What a horrible moment Mommy captured for posterity. Valhall asked what kind of Mother takes a picture of that. A monster who ends up on Death Row does. A real Mother drops the camera to comfort the child.

I hope you don't mean that any mother who takes a photo like this deserves to end up on Death Row....that's harsh! I have a photo much like this one of my son who was so upset because he couldn't have my camera -- hence the "reaching" towards the lense. That doesn't make me a bad mother.

Caysey clearly liked to see Caylee suffer. I hope this picture is shown in court.

View attachment 11197

Bless her.

Mel

Mel - if this photo was taken by Cindy, then it has absolutely no affect on Casey. ETA: FYI, I'm not a Casey supporter. But I do want a fair trial with no reason for appeal. I'm honestly hoping for LWOP because she'll go to GP and get what she deserves. You know, she's a "celebrity" afterall.

I have a picture like this of my son - only I'm holding him. He was madder than a hornet and badly wanted to get away from me. Why? Because I was trying to take off his Superman costume. His dad took the picture. Good thing I was behind him because I didn't want him to see me laughing at his having a cow.

I have several pictures like this at various ages. This is how he expressed anger when he was young. When I was a kid I didn't cry - at Caylee's age I banged my head against the wall, and I have the scar to prove it, lol. My brother would lay on the ground and hold his breath.

It's hard to make a judgment of what's happening to a child from a snapshot of time. Maybe someone had a cookie and wouldn't let her have it, and that's how she reacted. How many kids do you see in stores reacting this way to a parent not letting them have something?

I think each child may have a "tantrum" in a different way (or at least our definition of a tantrum may differ from others) -- flinging their arms, throwing themselves in the floor, going to their room, banging their head (which my son does too) and just sitting down and pouting/screaming.

This photo makes me think that Caylee was reaching for whatever the camera person (Cindy?) had and she was upset that she couldn't have it (ie.the cell phone). I think we read too much into a photo that we don't know the circumstances about. It's true that she could have been tired and wanted to be cuddled/loved. However, it's also true that she could have been just pitching a fit because she wanted the cell phone and it was captured with a photo. My son has thrown himself down on the floor and commenced to scream only because he couldn't have his Daddy's phone.

I don't think that a "real mother" that takes this type of photo deserves to be on Death Row....only the murderous ones do.

That image of Caylee has always bothered me since I first saw it. My impression was not a child in the midst of a tantrum but one who was fearful and full of anguish. I don't see any anger or defiance in Caylee like a tantrum and my kids never reached out for me when they had one of those. Caylee was reaching for comfort because her hands weren't clenched in fist like she was angry. When I looked closer at the image I couldn't see tears on Caylee's face or even a runny nose.

The other thing that bothered me was the fact that the background was completely dark. To me it appears like the picture was taken in a completely dark room. All you can see is just the light from the flash. IMO, it seems like KC took a pic of a terrified Caylee in the dark. This picture says more than a thousand words to me.

That image of Caylee has always bothered me since I first saw it. My impression was not a child in the midst of a tantrum but one who was fearful and full of anguish. I don't see any anger or defiance in Caylee like a tantrum and my kids never reached out for me when they had one of those. Caylee was reaching for comfort because her hands weren't clenched in fist like she was angry. When I looked closer at the image I couldn't see tears on Caylee's face or even a runny nose.

The other thing that bothered me was the fact that the background was completely dark. To me it appears like the picture was taken in a completely dark room. All you can see is just the light from the flash. IMO, it seems like KC took a pic of a terrified Caylee in the dark. This picture says more than a thousand words to me.

Mom - if I knew the circumstances surrounding this photo, maybe it would upset me more than it does. I have photos of my son pitching a fit. Maybe my definition of 'tantrum' and yours (and others) is different. My son will reach out and be royally "upset" if he can't have what I have. That goes for a phone, remote control or whatever it is that I have that he can't have. He has no runny nose, no teary eyes, only a look of frustration (much like the photo of Caylee). He doesn't clench his fists either, he reaches for whatever I have. Once he finishes his 'tantrum', he then comes to me for comfort. He's very dramatic, but very very loved.

I've read on this thread, that this photo was taken from Cindy's cell phone. So, I'm assuming, that Casey did not have anything to do with this photo.

As far as it being dark....I have taken photos (many) with my cell and it will have a dark background even with the light on.

I'm not defending the photo in the sense that I think Caylee was obviously mistreated (by her mom anyway). I just think that if we don't know what was actually happening when the photo was taken, it's hard to pass judgment on the person taking the photo. Who is to say that the camera person didn't pick up Caylee as soon as the photo was taken? We don't know and we never will. I think too much emphasis is being put on this photo.

RBBM
That's what it looks like to me also. She doesn't look angry. She doesn't look like she's having a fit. To me, she looks scared, like, scared of the dark.

This is from the docstoc. It is the SAOs released documentation for CAs cell phone and includes the photo this thread is about. I couldn't find it up in the reference thread.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/1572445/cindy-anthony-cell-phone-report

It's image 7, dtd 12.08.06

No, its not the same one that Cindy had on her cell. Picture #7 on her cell is one of Caylee reaching up and smiling. I remember that pic of her. She's a bit younger in pic #7 than in the upset crying pic.....her hair is shorter and curlier in Cindy's pic. I'll try to find the color picture so you know which one I mean.

Boy, that camera angle makes it look like Caylee was in a pit of hell begging this very tall giant to help her. Imagine you're just a child really needing help and instead you get the camera again.

I'll stay open-minded enough to consider that people with cell phones can take a pic fast. It doesn't look like a willful temper tantrum, I'll agree. Caylee looks so distressed, and that she had been reaching out for awhile. I sense someone teasing her by not calming her down withholding relief for a very upset little girl. . The tall giant is unfeeling, and Caylee cries harder.

That pic looks like ica TOOK something important to Caylee away and made her chase after it. Momma doll comes to mind.:(
imo

Momma Doll...what has been given, can be taken away. Wasn't that Casey's doll to begin with?

Looking at image #7 and the picture at the Hinky Meter site, these don't seem to be the same picture to me - although very grainy in the docstoc.com pic, Caylee's arms appear to be in different positions than in the picture sited above. They both look to be upraised as in "pick me up" with her right index finger pointing upwards & right thumb down in Cindy's cell phone pic and in the picture noted here, her right arm is extended towards the camera, fist closed. Also, she seems to be smiling in the cell phone pic, altho the poor quality makes it hard to tell. I don't think they're the same picture....or are my tired old eyes just seeing things? I'd attempt to do a side by side posting of both, but just got windows 7 and can't stop the windows from jumping back & forth.

Anyway, ITA with others who've posted (as have I before) that Caylee's pictures appear to get more somber/afraid looking near the end of her life.

BBM: This programs makes a lot of things more difficult..... and ITA with you and the other posters that there is a definite change in Caylee's expression as the pictures get closer to her time of death.

It really depends on the context. Once I was in my daughter's room with the camera , taking pics (she was about Caylee's age), and at one point she got mad about something and started wailing and reaching her arms out. She wasn't sad or hurt or in any distress, she wasn't crying tears - she was mad and scowling and stomping - it was an anger/frustration situation for her, she wanted something that I wouldn't let her have, and I talked to her in a soothing voice as I moved towards her to pick her up, but since the camera was in my hand I snapped a pic, to preserve that priceless rage on her little 2-year old face.

As soon as she was next to me, I dropped the camera and comforted her.

Taken out of context, someone may look at that and not see the 57 other pictures I took in her room that day, of her smiling, laughing, goofing around. They may not know that I snapped that pic because the camera was already in my hand when the tantrum struck and in the context of that moment, I found her tantrum amusing because of the specific scenario that caused it. They may look at her scrunched face and see a baby crying and reaching for her mother, but in reality she was hopping mad.

I am the last one who would ever say a word to defend any of the Anthony's, but in this instance I would say that the photo could be strange or could be innocent.

I don't think Caylee was having any sort of tantrum at all. Her bangs look moist, her eyes are red from already having been crying, and her mouth is open so wide. She looks very afraid at that point, like she had already been sobbing awhile but now is screaming. Caylee had on a synthetic material jersey and there is another pic where she has on one of those while slumped over sleeping in a bed. It would be hot, uncomfortable, and scary to be a sleepy little girl at some stupid beer drinking fest while adults watch football. It wouldn't suprise me if Caylee was dressed up in a jersey, hauled over to some adult sports party, allowed to fall asleep, then put in some strange dark bedroom and woke up overheated from wearing polyester and terrified. Cindy did supposedly complain about Caylee being treated that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix