Poll: Date of body disposal?

What day do you believe KC disposed of Caylee's body?

• on day of death (June 15-June 17)

Votes: 53 8.6%
  • June 18

Votes: 112 18.2%
  • June 19

Votes: 114 18.5%
  • after June 19

Votes: 336 54.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find these poll results to be fascinating. Over 50% of the respondents so far believe Caylee's body was in the trunk for longer than what the Body Farm tests indicate. I have to wonder if half the jury will also have no faith in the test results. :eek:

I don't think it's a matter of not having faith at all....

I think people are still unclear of what the results mean or don't mean. The jury will get a real education about HOW they test & HOW they come to the conclusions they do & then they'll be able to decide whether they believe it's a valid science like DNA is.

Well, the question/poll is about the disposal time. I agree with some of the others that Caylee was in the trunk, we just don't know for how long. It is possible that she was in the trunk only long enough for her body to have been transported from one hiding place to another. And although Caylee could have been in the trunk more than once, we know from the hair forensics that the hair found was from a 2.6 day-old decomposing body.

The 2.6 days does not come from the hair analysis. It's the air sample test that shows 2.6 days of decomposition.

You wouldn't need fluids, the body is emitting gases during decomp, several of these gases are heavier than oxygen so they are present long after the body is moved. If you can smell the container, there are gases coming from it. I cannot think of a sealed container she could have used that would be so tightly sealed that it keeps all of those gases contained. You are talking about a TRULY airtight container, and if she was able to do that than it would have to also be big enough to not rupture as all of those gases were released.

Remember she had a knife in that car. One jab to the abdomen and all the gases are released.

My money is on a chlorine bucket because they are airtight and would have been readily accessible to KC.

I think the 24th of June the body was still in the trunk.

I find these poll results to be fascinating. Over 50% of the respondents so far believe Caylee's body was in the trunk for longer than what the Body Farm tests indicate. I have to wonder if half the jury will also have no faith in the test results. :eek:

I don't think anyone believes she was in the trunk all that time. Just that she was at one or more times.

I don't think anyone believes she was in the trunk all that time. Just that she was at one or more times.

I'm curious, why don't you believe that Casey simply disposed Caylee's body 2.6 days after Caylee died? What reason is there to think that after almost 3 days she put the body in a chlorine pail or put her back in the trunk more than once?

The 2.6 days is important. But I don't think that necessarily means she was dumped after 2.6 days. I believe she was in the car much longer than that. IMO, after the 2.6 days she put her in something sealed, but continued to hold her in the trunk. OR maybe after 2.6 days she buried her in the backyard(or an unknown location) for a period of time and eventually placed her back in the trunk (in something sealed) before finally desposing of her for good. (sad, i know...)

To anyone who thinks she was dumped after the 19th---when do you think it was exactly? I have thrown around dates in my head, like the 27, 24...But what do you guys think?

Ive gone back and forth on this too. It makes sense for her to dump her after 2.6 days. But would there have been maggots and the smell to that extent if she were only in there for 2.6 days? I'm just curious. I want to know how long she'd have to be in there for a)maggots b)the smell to last that long, and still smell to this day

that last post from me about the 2.6 days was intented for ChillyWilly

I'll go one step further and say that Caylee isn't even in Orlando. Look at her hand written statement and see what her comment is on the very last page.

Interesting...I can't say I ever really noticed that that statement could be significant.

The 2.6 days is important. But I don't think that necessarily means she was dumped after 2.6 days. I believe she was in the car much longer than that. IMO, after the 2.6 days she put her in something sealed, but continued to hold her in the trunk. OR maybe after 2.6 days she buried her in the backyard(or an unknown location) for a period of time and eventually placed her back in the trunk (in something sealed) before finally desposing of her for good. (sad, i know...)

To anyone who thinks she was dumped after the 19th---when do you think it was exactly? I have thrown around dates in my head, like the 27, 24...But what do you guys think?

I think the 24th because of the way she panicked when George wanted to get in her trunk. I don't think the smell was her concern because she probably would have just told him the story of the squirrels.

Ive gone back and forth on this too. It makes sense for her to dump her after 2.6 days. But would there have been maggots and the smell to that extent if she were only in there for 2.6 days? I'm just curious. I want to know how long she'd have to be in there for a)maggots b)the smell to last that long, and still smell to this day

Nothing released so far shows that maggots were found in the trunk. The Body Farm forensic report says the body in the car had been dead for 2.6 days - if they don't question the smell still being there, I see no reason to do so. They're experts in their field.

Nothing released so far shows that maggots were found in the trunk. The Body Farm forensic report says the body in the car had been dead for 2.6 days - if they don't question the smell still being there, I see no reason to do so. They're experts in their field.

But there were maggots. Even CA said she saw the maggots when she picked the car up. She said they were from pizza of course....
I don't think we necessarilly have ALL of the info from the body farm.
I trust them too. But you could get around the 2.6 days if she was sealed or moved and placed back in the trunk. I just think she was in there much longer than that...I could be wrong though and your theory could be right on

I think her body was in the trunk for the 2.6 days for the body farm decomp....but who is to say she didnt use someone else V to transport the body from her house to dispose of her.....I think she was moved at least twice if not more....

Interesting...I can't say I ever really noticed that that statement could be significant.

What did she say at the end of her statement? I don't feel like looking for it now....if you'd be so kind!

But there were maggots. Even CA said she saw the maggots when she picked the car up. She said they were from pizza of course....
I don't think we necessarilly have ALL of the info from the body farm.
I trust them too. But you could get around the 2.6 days if she was sealed or moved and placed back in the trunk. I just think she was in there much longer than that...I could be wrong though and your theory could be right on

I don't recall Cindy saying she saw maggots in the trunk, where can I find that information?

I don't know if it's possible that Casey could have found some type of airtight container to place the body in after almost 3 days, but I also don't see any reason to believe that she didn't dispose of the body at that time. What leads you to believe that she didn't?

I think her body was in the trunk for the 2.6 days for the body farm decomp....but who is to say she didnt use someone else V to transport the body from her house to dispose of her.....I think she was moved at least twice if not more....

Why do you think that?

I'm curious, why don't you believe that Casey simply disposed Caylee's body 2.6 days after Caylee died? What reason is there to think that after almost 3 days she put the body in a chlorine pail or put her back in the trunk more than once?

main reason is that the dogs also hit in the backyard...so I believe she first left her where the dogs hit (which I'm not sure where that was). She then came back for her a day or two after...stuffed her in a garbage bag and maybe had her in the car for a week and some stuff leaked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500