Poll: Should LP accept 200K for Search

Should LP accpet the 200K to continue to search for Caylee?

• Yes

Votes: 249 65.5%
  • No

Votes: 84 22.1%
  • I am not sure

Votes: 47 12.4%

• Total voters
IMO, Leonard is in-between a "rock and a hard place" because no matter what decision Leonard makes it will be the wrong decision in the public's eyes.

Agreed, however I think he SHOULD do it.

Honestly, what difference does it make as long as shes found and put to rest properly? (and Casey gets whats coming to her)....isnt that what we all really want the most? LP is going to take flack no matter what he does...But IMO I think hes a pretty amazing guy for doing everything hes done so far.

I voted yes. I don't care who funds the search or what they receive in exchange for putting up the money. $200K will pay for a lot of searching.

yes, if it finds Caylee then I don't care.....but I'm sure the Anthonys will squawk and scream.

I don't care if he does make money, personally. I posted this on another thread, but it still applies here.:

People have been making money off missing people for as long as people have gone missing, imo. The media is only one example. We can't say that it is not justified nor can we say it is flat out wrong. Without the media making money to run their stations, drive their trucks, pay their reporters, pay their staffs, and keep the stations on the air...the plight of missing people would go largely unnoticed as before. We beg for the media to cover missing person cases and we gladly watch their coverage to raise their numbers to create an avenue to make more money.

The people who should not make money off missing people are the perps (accused or convicted), the families of the perps, and others who could have been involved with the perps. Also, people who are making money for or in concert with those I just mentioned.

OT- wish we could see the look on ChillyWillys face when she signs on and sees this poll ;)

I voted YES. LP would be able to have the funds to continue the search. Who cares what the A's think? They, above everyone else, are begging for money for a search that never happens. Who cares about the money if Caylee is found??

Absolutely, why shouldn't he? So he's a bounty hunter with a TV show, big deal. He's out there looking for Caylee, using his own money, taking time away from his family and his job. So he's getting a little face time in the process, BIG Deal! As long as he's looking for her I applaud him and if he finds her they can give the man an Academy Award and the title of HERO as far as I'm concerned.
LP, TAKE THE MONEY it's not blood money just as the donated food and drinks are not blood donations. People want to help and sometimes the only thing they have to offer is money...take it!

I spoke with Leonard a little while ago and told him to take the money. He will get NO money out of this deal,The money will go only toward the search for Caylee, he makes NOTHING off it. Period, the end.

I told him to do it, whatever it takes to get Caylee home.
I say YES ! why not at least hes trying . Tim Accepted lots of money to only search for a couple days .

I spoke with Leonard a little while ago and told him to take the money. He will get NO money out of this deal,The money will go only toward the search for Caylee, he makes NOTHING off it. Period, the end.

Good to know, I.M....thanks for that. $200,000 is a lot of search money, imo.

If Caylee is there...don't we want to find her no matter what?? Wouldn't having professional video of that event be a plus?

Don't we also want to know where Caylee is not?

All searches cost someone money. Being able to have the best of anything is ALWAYS a plus. I hope he does it and IS successful.

IMO

Good! I hope he does do it. I'm not sure Caylee can ever be found, but if she isn't, it won't have been for lack of trying to find her.

Like someone else said, I don't care who funds a search so long as there IS one.

yes, if it finds Caylee then I don't care.....but I'm sure the Anthonys will squawk and scream.

An added bonus! :crazy:

Seriously, though I DO think it will be helpful in the long run to the prosecution to have a public record of the family's behavior whenever there is a SEARCH for Caylee.

Every search seems to cause them to react in a way that screams out: WE ONLY CARE ABOUT DEFENDING CASEY.

If Caylee is there...don't we want to find her no matter what?? Wouldn't having professional video of that event be a plus?

Don't we also want to know where Caylee is not?

All searches cost someone money. None are cheap. I'd rather have professional document and divers than helpful but inexperienced volunteers.

IMO

I am not against him taking it personally, but for everyone that adores him I do think you have to ask what is the footage going to be used for that it is worth 200K to secure its rights. Odds are very slim that he will find her, so you have hours of footage of a search with no happy ending and lots of character quotes from LP. Depending on the source of the money he could end up not happy with the results.

I'm voting yes.

I don't care what it takes or who foots the bill, Caylee needs to be found to help ensure a Murder 1 conviction. I need to know for certain in my heart of hearts that Casey is going down for the murder of her daughter. She needs to pay for the horrific thing she's done.

My questions are:

Who is this footage worth 200K to?
What are they planning to do with it?

And maybe I have missed something, but LP is not a 501C3, he would have to accept that money at a personal level, correct? If that is true a big chunk of that 200K won't do a thing towards the search.

Red is mine

And that's what stinks about it--TES has a 501 and can take any and all money thrown at them and they can use it for anything search related be it hotel rooms,dinner in restaurants or a new pair of boots to search in

But LP being just LP has to use his own money for everything he has done to date--flights from Cali,hotel room,food,transportation to and from search area

One one hand if LP accepts the offer then we have a search team dedicated to bringing this baby home but on the other then he has "cashed in" in the eyes of naysayers

If there was a way for LP to use the money solely for everything he needs to continue the search then I'm all for it--If the company who is willing to do this pays for things as they happen like they pay for the hotel,dive companies charge them for their time etc then LP wouldn't have access to the money and wouldn't be getting "paid"

Then I'd like to see the film company(?) be respectful of the situation regardless of the outcome

Yes, and from that he should deduct the cost of continuing the search with the remainder to be donated to a children's charity of his choice.

i voted yes .. only if it allows filming .. what im thinking my god what if the viewers catch something on camera that the searchers dont see .. then the viewers could alert them . sometimes things that you think are no where near you are right in front of your eyes plain as day .. you just dont see it cuz you werent looking there

I am not against him taking it personally, but for everyone that adores him I do think you have to ask what is the footage going to be used for that it is worth 200K to secure its rights. Odds are very slim that he will find her, so you have hours of footage of a search with no happy ending and lots of character quotes from LP. Depending on the source of the money he could end up not happy with the results.

I don't think there are many people who wouldn't admit LP loves the media. LP said it about himself.

Many people just happen to think it's NOT important who or why someone searches for a missing child..... only THAT they are willing to devote the time & hard work to putting together a search.

After it's all over, the public will have a long time to debate what everybody's motives & actions were during this whole sad saga.

No... him taking any money where he will be fronting for a camera will be nothing but blood money promoting his image, in Caylee's name. IMO

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: ITA

LP can state he is making no money, but, I bet in the contract there is something about royalties. I really do think he will make a pretty penny & I just think that's wrong. It wasn't right for the Anthony's & it's not right for LP.

Now, if he produces the entire contract stating he is making no money, I might re consider.

Unless Casey talks the odds are very slim that Caylee will be found no matter who searches.

Should that mean no more searches...ever?

I see the opportunity to have expert services as a good thing.

OT- wish we could see the look on ChillyWillys face when she signs on and sees this poll ;)

No you dont. Trust me, it wasn't pretty. :furious:

I can't understand what this world is coming to when the death of a little girl and the search for her body becomes a money making media event. Sorry, I don't for one second believe that LP, as the star of the show, will not be making money for himself, and SHAME on whichever media outlet it is that wants exclusive rights. A child is dead for gosh sakes, remember Caylee?

You know, the saddest part of this whole thing is that the only reason the $200k is being offered is because we, the people who claim to care so much about Caylee, would be so eager to tune in and watch when/if her remains are recovered. Someone is hoping to make big profits off this $200k investment...and when they do, they can have a big party to celebrate Caylee's death.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBrown
Back