Poll: Should LP accept 200K for Search

Should LP accpet the 200K to continue to search for Caylee?

• Yes

Votes: 249 65.5%
  • No

Votes: 84 22.1%
  • I am not sure

Votes: 47 12.4%

• Total voters
My "spiteful" answer - I voted YES, ABSOLUTELY because I'm sure it will tick the Anthonys off. Maybe it was cause something so that we can stick a fork in CA and say you're done. I'm just tired of hearing the "mistruths" out of her mouth as well.

My real reason for yes...why not?? He will danged if does and danged if he doesn't but I say why not? Bring this child home.

No - dont accept - that is alot of money for "rights" and feel it may be edited and
presented in a way that exploits everyone.
A altrustic person would give the money no strings attached .

Unless Casey talks the odds are very slim that Caylee will be found no matter who searches.

I am all for any expert looking.

I hope he finds her and it could only be used in a positive light. A win win for everyone.

Everything and everyone that has come in contact with this mess has taken shrapnel though and that footage could be edited into a really sleazy storyline. I just question who that footage is worth that much to...... He is a big boy, I am sure he can weigh the pros and cons himself.

Yes, whatever it takes to find Caylee and cinch the case against her terrible mother!

I voted yes. I don't care who funds the search or what they receive in exchange for putting up the money. $200K will pay for a lot of searching.

I feel the same way...I'd so like for Caylee to be found and fear that if LP doesn't keep going, no one will. And I'm no fan of Padilla, but if he continues the search, I think that's a good thing.

I think LP should set up his own non-profit prior to accepting the money. Elect a board, receive the donation and all monies donated as well as all expenses would be accounted for. It is not nearly as easy to set up a 501C as it used to be and takes a lot longer than it used to, not sure if he really has the time to wade through the red tape and wait for the paperwork. I think that he could get donations from others as well, much more than the $200k if he had his own "Search and Rescue". My personal feeling is that it would be inappropriate to film any remains that are found and I have a hard time believing that anyone would show it on television or any other media for that matter. I have the choice whether to watch or not, with that in mind, I voted yes. I wouldn't want my personal feelings to get in the way of an opportunity to find Caylee and give her the proper burial that she so deserves.

For me, it's beyond sad that people would even stop to argue about 'ethics' when deciding whether to search for a BABY.

Are we supposed to all just sit back & accept that ONLY 'professional' searches are ethically & morally acceptable & if TES or LE can't do it, then it's time to forget about finding this baby.

This entire case has been a media circus from day one & having a search or NOT having a search will NOT change that one little bit.

No - dont accept - that is alot of money for "rights" and feel it may be edited and
presented in a way that exploits everyone.
A altrustic person would give the money no strings attached .

Good points, sharpar.

We all want Caylee found and many want to support any effort to the cause... but money in exchange for "rights" smacks of exploitation right off the bat. moo

I do not have a problem with LP accepting the money, because I think with the money he will search and search until the money runs out. I do not think LP has any intention of making money off this tragedy. It is all in how you look at it, IMO TES does the same thing, people that had never heard of TES donated because of media attention, because of the repeated TV appearances Tim has done etc and will continue to donate once this case is long gone. This case has generated tons of publicity for TES which will raise more money for him in the future to keep his organization going.

No matter what LP does people will not be happy, he used his own funds to search and people were upset because of media attenion. If he accepts money to search people are upset that he is getting money because of Caylees name. Yet TES can ask for donations to look for Caylee, to repair equipment damaged by a hurricane, give interview after interview and thats ok? IMO both are trying to do a good thing but it takes money to accomplish these things.

No you dont. Trust me, it wasn't pretty. :furious:

I can't understand what this world is coming to when the death of a little girl and the search for her body becomes a money making media event. Sorry, I don't for one second believe that LP, as the star of the show, will not be making money for himself, and SHAME on whichever media outlet it is that wants exclusive rights. A child is dead for gosh sakes, remember Caylee?

You know, the saddest part of this whole thing is that the only reason the $200k is being offered is because we, the people who claim to care so much about Caylee, would be so eager to tune in and watch when/if her remains are recovered. Someone is hoping to make big profits off this $200k investment...and when they do, they can have a big party to celebrate Caylee's death.

Well stated Chilly...........

I knew old Lenny had an agenda, just like Baez and the rest of the clowns in this circus. It is called an INVESTMENT. Looks like Leonards is paying off sooner than later.

I voted "no." That's just really in bad taste, imo. We're still talking about a dead little baby girl, and I don't think there should be "exclusive rights" given and all that. Not cool, imo.

I can't understand what this world is coming to when the death of a little girl and the search for her body becomes a money making media event. Sorry, I don't for one second believe that LP, as the star of the show, will not be making money for himself, and SHAME on whichever media outlet it is that wants exclusive rights. A child is dead for gosh sakes, remember Caylee?

You know, the saddest part of this whole thing is that the only reason the $200k is being offered is because we, the people who claim to care so much about Caylee, would be so eager to tune in and watch when/if her remains are recovered. Someone is hoping to make big profits off this $200k investment...and when they do, they can have a big party to celebrate Caylee's death.

If Caylee can be found...that needs to happen.

I don't care if LP gets exposure. He's already gotten exposure. So have NG and Greta. So has the Today show. And Good Morning America. Every true crime writer in existance makes money because of victims. 48 hours and Dateline and Snapped exist because they draw viewers and advertisers.

Anyone who has tuned in to those shows or or buys a true crime novel is putting money in someone's pocket because of a victim. I don't judge NG or Greta or any author. I am glad for the information.

Should Caylee be found I'd consider it a blessing. Caylee could be appropriately buried and we'd be closer to the truth and justice. That is the best possible outcome left.

IMO

People, including good people, also make money off cancer, heart disease, even AIDS. They charge people for grief counselling, make money off funerals and it goes on and on.

And IMO, it seems they do remember Caylee and are apparently about the only ones still interested in searching for her. I don't understand your bitterness towards those wanting to continue the search. I think you are forgetting it is about justice for Caylee, not about LP, movie companies or anything else, and IMO, whatever gives Caylee the best chance at justice is the best thing...and I think we have a far better chance of seeing justice done if they can find her and support all efforts of people trying to do just that.

I don't care if he does make money, personally. I posted this on another thread, but it still applies here.:

People have been making money off missing people for as long as people have gone missing, imo. The media is only one example. We can't say that it is not justified nor can we say it is flat out wrong. Without the media making money to run their stations, drive their trucks, pay their reporters, pay their staffs, and keep the stations on the air...the plight of missing people would go largely unnoticed as before. We beg for the media to cover missing person cases and we gladly watch their coverage to raise their numbers to create an avenue to make more money.

The people who should not make money off missing people are the perps (accused or convicted), the families of the perps, and others who could have been involved with the perps. Also, people who are making money for or in concert with those I just mentioned.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

For me, it's beyond sad that people would even stop to argue about 'ethics' when deciding whether to search for a BABY.

Are we supposed to all just sit back & accept that ONLY 'professional' searches are ethically & morally acceptable & if TES or LE can't do it, then it's time to forget about finding this baby.

This entire case has been a media circus from day one & having a search or NOT having a search will NOT change that one little bit.

I totally agree !! If the entire amount goes towards the search, I think LP should go for it.

:clap::clap::clap:

People, including good people, also make money off cancer, heart disease, even AIDS. They charge people for grief counselling, make money off funerals and it goes on and on.

And IMO, it seems they do remember Caylee and are apparently about the only ones still interested in searching for her. I don't understand your bitterness towards those wanting to continue the search. I think you are forgetting it is about justice for Caylee, not about LP, movie companies or anything else, and IMO, whatever gives Caylee the best chance at justice is the best thing...and I think we have a far better chance of seeing justice done if they can find her and support all efforts of people trying to do just that.

Just out of curiousity if the Anthony's signed a similar deal and a search took place would you support those efforts as well? I am guessing their motivation would instantly come under scrutiny.

Well thousand of dollars have been given to TES, so I don't see the difference in it.
But if LP does go with this offer , he will be the latest story of "cashing in on Caylee" and more fodder for more nasty comments and untruths, as well.

Personally I don't think he should.

LOL! At least you aren't posting the poll to help Leonard make up his mind.

I'm voting "I don't know." It matters deeply to me WHICH company is offering the money, because if there is going to be film of any potential body recovery, I would want it to be a company that would treat the discovery of Caylee's body with the dignity and respect she deserves.

It also matters to me whether any of the $200k would be for Leonard, or solely dedicated to any search efforts.

I voted the same, for pretty much the same reasons.

I'd need more details, but in general, I lean slightly more toward yes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back