Votes: 81 29.0%
  • KC had someone else dispose of the body for her

Votes: 10 3.6%
  • KC dumped her in the woods and covered her with leaves

Votes: 19 6.8%
  • I'm not sure yet

Votes: 56 20.1%

• Total voters
My question is why don't more people believe that KC might of burned the body????
At least attempted to as an attempt to make the body unidentifiable and then disposed of the burned remains elsewhere.
After all lets put some pieces together here.......we all believe that the entire A family seems to put bits of truth into every lie they tell!!!!! And every excuse they have for their behavior!!!!

It is apparent that a body might have been in the A's backyard. (stored there for a small amount of time or placed there for a unknown amount of time)

It is apparent that a body was in the trunk of KC's car. (evidence shows this)

It is apparent that KC stole gas cans from the A's home. (again evidence/ was it to burn body?, and why take them home and not purchase them to start...no record???)

It is apparent that KC later purchased gas cans on another occasion after dad took the ones in her car (again why the need for more gas cans?? / takes along time to burn a body completely ,would need quite a bit of gas to do that and do it quickly without be seen doing it!!! enough gas could burn the body and the container it was in up pretty well ans fairly fast....besides that body in the trunk is starting smell real bad!!!)

And last but not least.......I am sure you all recall Cindy's comment as to why she washed KC's clothes that were left in the car " Because they smelled like "SMOKE"!!!!!!!!

You state my thought better than I do, sceerry.

My question is why don't more people believe that KC might of burned the body????
At least attempted to as an attempt to make the body unidentifiable and then disposed of the burned remains elsewhere.
After all lets put some pieces together here.......we all believe that the entire A family seems to put bits of truth into every lie they tell!!!!! And every excuse they have for their behavior!!!!

It is apparent that a body might have been in the A's backyard. (stored there for a small amount of time or placed there for a unknown amount of time)

It is apparent that KC stole gas cans from the A's home. (again evidence/ was it to burn body?, and why take them home and not purchase them to start...no record???)

It is apparent that KC later purchased gas cans on another occasion after dad took the ones in her car (again why the need for more gas cans?? / takes along time to burn a body completely ,would need quite a bit of gas to do that and do it quickly without be seen doing it!!! enough gas could burn the body and the container it was in up pretty well ans fairly fast....besides that body in the trunk is starting smell real bad!!!)

And last but not least.......I am sure you all recall Cindy's comment as to why she washed KC's clothes that were left in the car " Because they smelled like "SMOKE"!!!!!!!!

I don't find it to be feasible because:

a. it requires very high tempatures, it a cremation oven the temps are 1500-2000 degrees and takes a couple of hours. A fire pit will be nowhere near that temp. I don't see Casey attending to a fire for several hours in a location that draws no attention to her.

b. the smell and the fire itself are likely to attract attention

c. when the body was burned you would still have large segments of bone (which are crushed in a professional cremation).

d. google murder victims burned in fire pits and see how many of them are found and convicted. It leaves a ton of forensic evidence including the identity of the victim.

Too much time and effort for a questionable outcome.

I voted dumpster.

I don't know how it is in Florida, but here in Maryland, we can take our trash directly to the landfill or what is known as "transfer stations". If she put Caylee in a large leaf bag (maybe doubled the bag), she could have thrown her in the landfill without anyone asking questions.

One reason I voted dumpster (or landfill) is that Casey doesn't seem worried about the TES searchers - or divers. Just seems like she is confident that the body will never be found. I believe Casey is thinking.... "31 (or even 15) days in a landfill before anyone even knew Caylee was missing - and the body is more likely never to be found."

just my opinion.

CA washed the clothes because they smelled like "the car". They threw out stuffed animals that were given as gifts after Caylee went missing because they smelled "like smoke"...

Quick question - Is there any way to find out if there was a "dumpster fire" around this time in her ping zone?

Would contain the fire, easy for her to light and run, would burn fast and hot with lots of paper/trash fuel and gas in there? Fire would be put out by fire dept and left. Next time dumpster emptied, burned stuff and water and all go...This may be the only way that I think she could have burned the body without "messing" herself up...

Cocoamom (great new avi)

The problem I have with this is the distinct odor caused by a human body burning, like bacon I've been told. Any fireman would recognize it, plus the accelerant; firemen would have been all over that like white on rice!

I keep going back and forth between water and dumpster; either way she was taking a huge risk of being caught. Toss a new duffel bag into a dumpster, someone comes along, toss anything into a pond, gators get it, or not,
it washes up during a storm, or not.

With all the pix and vids we've seen from this time she doesn't appear to have a care in the world, certainly not someone who was worried about her baby being discovered somewhere. Maybe the burn theory is the only way she could have pulled this off, I don't know...

I guess I'm just not cut out for a life of crime; revisiting the scene? I'd be sitting on it like a mother hen! I'd be looking for cops to pull me over so I could confess. I might even go to the jail and offer to lock myself up. Where did she get the nerves of steel she showed Det Yuri?

I don't find it to be feasible because:

a. it requires very high tempatures, it a cremation oven the temps are 1500-2000 degrees and takes a couple of hours. A fire pit will be nowhere near that temp. I don't see Casey attending to a fire for several hours in a location that draws no attention to her.

b. the smell and the fire itself are likely to attract attention

c. when the body was burned you would still have large segments of bone (which are crushed in a professional cremation).

d. google murder victims burned in fire pits and see how many of them are found and convicted. It leaves a ton of forensic evidence including the identity of the victim.

Too much time and effort for a questionable outcome.

isnt any method of getting rid of a body, going to have a questionable outcome ? body in dumpster- uh oh employ on truck stops crusher because he sees body, water disposal- headline, today a body was discovered, just laying in the woods, hunters discovered the body. besides dimembering I think it would be pretty thorough. largest things left would be large bones, that is what you said...she had to put what was left (sorry graphic) into something and then possibly put into water. we have alot of fires here feb-june gets very smokey, and we had alot this year. You would think it would attract attention, but unless your a fire marshall, would you investigate if you saw smoke? people also still burn trash, and its not just in the rural areas either, alot of people have those big burn barrels... thats what I would be looking for.

I was torn between dumpster and water.....

or a sinkhole, this option wasn't listed, but I voted for the dumpster...she could have used any one that was accessible. I think this was not her first plan of action....she may have thought she could bury her, but digging a deep enough hole outside in 90 degree heat and humidity is not easy work. I think she just wanted the stink and her actions to be done and over with, time was not on her side.

I voted dumpster.

I don't know how it is in Florida, but here in Maryland, we can take our trash directly to the landfill or what is known as "transfer stations". If she put Caylee in a large leaf bag (maybe doubled the bag), she could have thrown her in the landfill without anyone asking questions.

One reason I voted dumpster (or landfill) is that Casey doesn't seem worried about the TES searchers - or divers. Just seems like she is confident that the body will never be found. I believe Casey is thinking.... "31 (or even 15) days in a landfill before anyone even knew Caylee was missing - and the body is more likely never to be found."

just my opinion.

Exit 13 said there is a landfill very close to his house, this is where he believes
she left Caylee.

imo she did have Caylee in the trunk for a while, that makes me think she did not just put her into a dumpster, if she was going to do that she would have done it sooner.
I've always had a horrible gut feeling about the gas cans, I think she wanted to totally erase Caylee from her life and do everything she could to make sure there would be no evidence to be found. Who knows, she may have even felt that by burning her body it was a type of funeral.
A mother with love in her heart could not do this, but imo Casey does not have a heart.

VB

does anyone know of any murder case where the body was burned and the perp was caught in the act of burning it ?

I'm not too sure how I think Casey disposed of Caylee's body - I would hope that she buried her, at least it shows some sort of respect for her daughter - if she put her in the dumpster or in the water I feel it shows absolutely no respect for her daughter or herself - if this were the case, to me it would be a premeditated act - if she buried her I would think that it might have been an accident

I'm still trying to grasp how a young mother could harm a small child - I know it happens all the time - as a single parent my entire 20 year parenting life so far, I could never fathom harming either of my girls - NOTHING is that bad - so I'm still coming to grips, believe it or not, that she harmed her out of spite or premeditated

I think Caylee was left in JBP in a duffel bag or suitcase covered by leaves or other shrubbery, in a thicket not far off the road - an easy dump. JBP was KC's comfort zone, a place very familiar to her. She also mentioned JBP many times in her interview with LE, conversation from jail with Lee and (if true) LP and RD. I don't think Caylee was buried (too difficult), burned or left in a dumpster (too much risk for discovery), thrown in the water (too much risk for the body surfacing). Even though JBP was searched many times, I think her remains were missed.

Because she was so unconcerned about the JBP search I dont think she is there.

I wish someone would have searched Exits landfill with dogs at least.

I dont think she went through the trouble of burning her either! I think she did the easiest thing possible. IF the body was found she could just lie and say ZFG killed her. But after all this time I cant imagine finding anything........

Because she was so unconcerned about the JBP search I dont think she is there.

I wish someone would have searched Exits landfill with dogs at least.

I dont think she went through the trouble of burning her either! I think she did the easiest thing possible. IF the body was found she could just lie and say ZFG killed her. But after all this time I cant imagine finding anything........

Searching the landfills is very hazardous to the volunteers and the dogs. Most handlers won't take their dogs to the landfill searches, just too much risk. Especially professional handlers, those dogs are very expensive with all that training and credentialing (is that a word?).

I think Caylee was found dead in the trunk by Casey. She backed into her parents garage with the intention of burying Caylee in the backyard. She placed her on the ground in the backyard (wrapped in what I don't know), used the neighbor's borrowed shovel to dig a hole (maybe moved the playhouse?). I think Casey realized very quickly how hard it would be to dig a hole deep enough and put Caylee back in the trunk. She returned the shovel, the neighbor said she didn't have it an hour and she didn't look sweaty or anything. The dirt in the trunk was from that brief digging episode and was on whatever she had Caylee wrapped in, thus the dirt in the trunk. The cadaver dog did hit in the backyard and the trunk,right?
At that point I think Casey gave up on burial and looked around for a secluded dumpster.

The body of Marine Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach and her unborn child was burned in a fire pit in the backyard of her assailant Marine Cpl. Cesar Armando Laurean.

Apparently his neighbors and even his wife who lived in the home didn't smell anything that unusual or the police would have been called, right?

http://www.whiotv.com/news/15060012/detail.html

The body of Marine Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach and her unborn child was burned in a fire pit in the backyard of her assailant Marine Cpl. Cesar Armando Laurean.

Apparently his neighbors and even his wife who lived in the home didn't smell anything that unusual or the police would have been called, right?

I had forgotten about this, very sad. I do not know of any person ever being caught in the act of burning the body. Thanks

You are right. No one noticed the smell, and there were 2 bonfires held over Maria's body. They also lived in a neighborhood- houses on both sides and across the street and no one smelled a thing. Makes me wonder about the whole burning theory.

CA washed the clothes because they smelled like "the car". They threw out stuffed animals that were given as gifts after Caylee went missing because they smelled "like smoke"...

UMMMM....I'm pretty sure that once Cindy started taking the stand that the car did not smell and never did.....she was asked if she washed the clothes because they smelled like the car and she stated that they were filthy and that they smelled like smoke.

I think she put her in gator-infested waters. I don't think she would have used the dumpster near where her car was abandoned, it's too obvious if someone happened to find the body, smell the body etc. before the dumpster would have gone to the dump. Any other dumpster, she would also risk the possibility that there's cameras etc. She went somewhere where there are no cameras, for example a field, or out near a body of water somewhere.

Storage unit is a good hunch, hadn't thought of that before. But don't they have cameras?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back