Possible Human Remains Found and DNA Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has already been posted, but I was just looking at this video http://www.wsoctv.com/video/25749758/index.html and at the 1:48 point in this video there is a bone shown that is marked and it says it is an animal bone, but to my untrained eye, it looks like a human leg bone (femur) with the pelvis attached??? Does anyone know what animal bones look like??

Also it's marked with a red flag which denotes animal bone. White flags denote evidence in the case.

Sorry, I don't have the link handy where the news media explained this perhaps someone else remembers in which video that was told to us.

In the search at the Hickory Home, they marked something with red flags and came out to bag it later. It was paintbrushes and they went into evidence. It may be different with a wooded search though. Not sure.

Screencap attached of bone at 1:48 mark.

OMG Deer bone or otherwise-That pic just hit me like a ton of bricks!! God Bless LE and the other searchers for what they are going thru trying to find little Zahra!! My brain still can't wrap around what kind of people can do this to another human being much less a disabled child!!:furious:

In the search at the Hickory Home, they marked something with red flags and came out to bag it later. It was paintbrushes and they went into evidence. It may be different with a wooded search though. Not sure.

Slightly off topic, but since there has been mention of flags- LE and SAR sometimes change flag colors for a variety of different reasons. Region, evidence, media, availability of colors, lol. It happens a lot so is not always a good indicator (unless explained in a specific situation by LE or SAR) of what denotes evidence vs remains vs cleared/uncleared areas etc. HTH.

Maybe today sweet little angel.Your mommy is in her way. Hope that she can bring you home.

Breaking news!

"Significant Evidence Found In Zahra Search"

wsoc.com

Praying to the Heavens that today it's over... :praying:

Here we go. We can discuss the possibility of human remains found 10.11.2010 and all things related.

what exactly did his tweet say? (b&ubm)

I don't think we can copy and paste so I'll paraphase. He said that human remains were found in the Dudley road area yesterday and they are being tested to confirm if they are Zahra. Then he tweeted that police would only say "evidence" was found.

They keep talking about DNA profile for Z, could this be why they they need the Mother here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyA View Post
Which begs the question why would they need to when they have one biological parent already here? Unless Mr Baker really hasn't been all that cooperative.
Maybe they need mitochondrial DNA?
Edit/Delete Message

By Epiphany - HICKORY, NC (WBTV) - New evidence that officials say are "possible human remains" has been found in the search for a missing 10-year-old Hickory girl, according to the Hickory Police Department.

Investigators told WBTV on Thursday that search teams in Caldwell County found evidence on Wednesday that "could provide valuable information in the Zahra Baker case." The evidence, which are "possible human remains," is on its way to and will be analyzed by the NC State Bureau of Investigation's lab.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13465050

I brought this over from the search thread since they seem to not want the remains discussion over there and I wanted to comment. "Possible human remains"......could that be possible degraded skin, organs, or soft tissue? Bones are bones and they can tell what is a bone --- although maybe not a human bone so maybe that's what they mean.

Per WSOC noon newscast, human remains found, but "not an entire body" no link yet, so MOO. Will update with link when posted.

Thank you for starting this thread as the mapping was making me crazy...I want to know what was found in the searches not a how and why they went there.

Well, that felt like Mr. Toad's wild ride, moving and deleting. Don't like verbal spankings, thanks for starting this thread.

Per WSOC noon newscast, human remains found, but "not an entire body" no link yet, so MOO. Will update with link when posted.

Oh my goodness, that suggests that they did dismember her, I was hoping it wouldn't be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab