Possible Human Remains Found and DNA Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
By Epiphany - HICKORY, NC (WBTV) - New evidence that officials say are "possible human remains" has been found in the search for a missing 10-year-old Hickory girl, according to the Hickory Police Department.

Investigators told WBTV on Thursday that search teams in Caldwell County found evidence on Wednesday that "could provide valuable information in the Zahra Baker case." The evidence, which are "possible human remains," is on its way to and will be analyzed by the NC State Bureau of Investigation's lab.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13465050

"After the evidence was found, the search took on a serious tone with a limited fly zone set up -- meaning news helicopters were not allowed to travel lower than 3000 feet in the area. "

What was done to this poor sweet child is breaking my heart into a million pieces. I am so glad they are starting to find her, but gosh this is harsh. I can barely stand to read about it. What kind of animals do this to a child? My mind just cannot accept the fact of the cruelty inflicted upon this child who had already suffered so much. Sorry, rant over.

I can understand the flying restriction they dont want reporters and such speculating at what they think they see from the air. As much as I am wanting the information I would hate for a mother to see something like that over a news cast.

ME was on scene yesterday. IMO, it is likely they already know whether human or animal remains.

I can merge the threads. Just give me a tick. Sticky Twitter legality issue in sector G... I will be back. RUN DUCKY RUN...

ETA: Done. I jerry rigged the title, as well, so let me know if it reflects what the two OPs had in mind or not.

HA HA HA Ducky...can I just take this opportunity to say you're doing a marvelous job!! Keep up the good work!

Not a whole body, thats making me so angry.

Me too, but it's what most of us have figured for awhile I think...given the way the house was taken apart for so much evidence all over the place, and EB's comment in her letter about what "he" did to her body "after the fact" :-( My only consolation in that is that little Zahra was already gone from that physical body by the time anything like that was done...she was already flying free....cancer-free, abuse-free...never to suffer again.

They said NOT an entire body on air?

They sure did...i rewound it (DVR) and listened to it again, so I could quote. They usually have the newscast segments up after it airs, I will post as soon as they do so for verification of his wording. sick:furious:

What was done to this poor sweet child is breaking my heart into a million pieces. I am so glad they are starting to find her, but gosh this is harsh. I can barely stand to read about it. What kind of animals do this to a child? My mind just cannot accept the fact of the cruelty inflicted upon this child who had already suffered so much. Sorry, rant over.

My only consolation is whatever they did to her body after death didn't hurt her, by that time she was beyond pain. I am curious to know what they have found and why media seem to be so sure so quickly it's human.

According to NG (I know, I know) they should be able do this type of testing in 24 hours. Perhaps the mother coming in for testing is what they need. I do wonder if they have approached the father in regards to DNA.

I can understand the flying restriction they dont want reporters and such speculating at what they think they see from the air. As much as I am wanting the information I would hate for a mother to see something like that over a news cast.

There are no flight restrictions in place today.

Me too, but it's what most of us have figured for awhile I think...given the way the house was taken apart for so much evidence all over the place, and EB's comment in her letter about what "he" did to her body "after the fact" :-( My only consolation in that is that little Zahra was already gone from that physical body by the time anything like that was done...she was already flying free....cancer-free, abuse-free...never to suffer again.

Yes I fugured it too was just hoping that all of us were wrong..

HA HA HA Ducky...can I just take this opportunity to say you're doing a marvelous job!! Keep up the good work!

Shows%2Bmy%2Bstressed%2Bout%2Bduck%2B2.JPG

One stressed out duck.

FWIW, it took Dr. G, medical examiner for Caylee about 8 days to determine that it was Caylee's remains.

My only consolation is whatever they did to her body after death didn't hurt her, by that time she was beyond pain. I am curious to know what they have found and why media seem to be so sure so quickly it's human.

Makes me think it's something you can tell instantly, just by looking, is human. Skull? Possible whole ribcage?

(Oh man, makes me sick to even type that.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tiajean