Possible match - duct tape found on gas cans seized from Anthony's home

paula, sticker heart residue was found on the duct tape, and then the sticker heart was found at the remains site

It looks like the duct tape was purposely placed over the gas can vent hole. That could have been done by GA a long time ago.

gas+can+with+ductape.jpg

Any updates on the duct tape found on the gas cans? When I heard about this it was reported on NG and it was said that a "visual" match had been made. With all due respect, I got some silver duct tape out in my storage shed that might visually match what they have found as well. Just curious.

Most duct tape looks the same. Different brands may have a different "sheen" to them. I think they have been talking about a "visual" match which probably means bupkes. Also, did'nt BC just say that he did not know if duct tape had been seized because some pages were illegible? The duct tape in the picture looks like, I agree, it may be over the vent hole or like my husband does, puts our last name on the gas cans using the tape.

Duct tape has many differences.

There is a general purpose, heavy duty, out door use and wide types.

If, as rumored, George uses Gorilla Brand that is distinctive.

The different brands also have different thickness, widths etc. with in the above categories.

For example the general-purpose type of Duck Brand duct tape has little perforations for easier tearing.

IMO

The different brands also have different thickness, widths etc. with in the above categories.

For example the general-purpose type of Duck Brand duct tape has little perforations for easier tearing.

IMO

IMO

IMO

IMO

IMO

IMO

The recent doc dump includes description of Gas Cans.
On p3220 August 1st: Describes 2 gas cans and 1 oilpan
Photos
Dusted for prints
Swabs
But no mention of any duct tape???

"No further Services were conducted"
Items returned to CA Wednesday 8th

When did they find duct tape on gas cans?

The recent doc dump includes description of Gas Cans.
On p3220 August 1st: Describes 2 gas cans and 1 oilpan
Photos
Dusted for prints
Swabs
But no mention of any duct tape???

"No further Services were conducted"
Items returned to CA Wednesday 8th

When did they find duct tape on gas cans?

Why? Do you think it is a new addition? The photos will solve this one rather quickly.

The actual video which shows the gas can with the duct tape has: Date Added 08/07/2008

2ywybs7.jpg

http://www.clickorlando.com/video/17110664/index.html
IF there was tape on the gas cans then LE missed it because they found no prints, took swabs and gave the cans back to CA on 8th August. and say in the docs p3220 "No further sevices were conducted"

If the video was aired on 7th as you say, then LE still had the cans, so who knows when the shot of gas cans was taken?

LE make no mention of Duct tape at that time.

Did they take the gas cans another time?
I don't think so.

If the video was taken after the gas cans returned then obviously the duct tape is still in place and LE have not taken it into evidence. No point debating whether it might match if they don't have it?

IF there was tape on the gas cans then LE missed it because they found no prints, took swabs and gave the cans back to CA on 8th August. and say in the docs p3220 "No further sevices were conducted"

If the video was aired on 7th as you say, then LE still had the cans, so who knows when the shot of gas cans was taken?

LE make no mention of Duct tape at that time.

Did they take the gas cans another time?
I don't think so.
Have we seen exactly what was taken from the A residence on Dec. 11?

Have we seen exactly what was taken from the A residence on Dec. 11?
Nothing to suggest the gas cans were taken on the 11th? Not covered by the warrant as far as I can tell. Possibility they would not be admissable as evidence. Any evidence would have less weight. I believe LA took the cans away to use at some stage. Any number of people could have access.
The gas can/tape link is a rumour based on news item. Unless there is at least some indication that LE got this imagined duct tape sample.

Nothing to suggest the gas cans were taken on the 11th? Not covered by the warrant as far as I can tell. Possibility they would not be admissable as evidence. Any evidence would have less weight. I believe LA took the cans away to use at some stage. Any number of people could have access.
The gas can/tape link is a rumour based on news item. Unless there is at least some indication that LE got this imagined duct tape sample.
It is getting increasingly difficult to separate the two.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare
Back