Possible match - duct tape found on gas cans seized from Anthony's home

I think info came out of WKMG. From NG transcript:

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: George was taken to a local hospital and is undergoing a psychiatric evaluation. Meanwhile, WKMG has learned that duct tape found on a gas can seized from the Anthony home is being compared to the duct tape found on Caylee. The station reports that the tape on the gas can appears to be identical to the duct tape found on Caylee`s skull.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0901/23/ng.01.html
Very good.

But as far as I can tell from Docs its not true?

On p3220 August 1st: Describes 2 gas cans and 1 oil pan
Photos
Dusted for prints
Swabs
But no mention of any duct tape???

"No further Services were conducted"
Items returned to CA Wednesday 8th

Quote from the Transcript Link above:

"Tonight, also, will yet another piece of evidence send tot mom Casey Anthony to Florida`s death row? Is duct tape binding little Caylee`s mouth the same duct tape found on gas cans from the Anthony home? That analysis being made right now. This after we learn a trash bag holding little Caylee`s remains is a direct link to trash bags at the Anthony home."

Is this some inside info or is this just another BLATANT NG LIE.

She states categorically that "analysis being made right now"

But the docs say the gas cans were returned to CA on 8/13/08, 11:03 hrs.

Exactally Indigo! Alot of good it did for JBR though...Mommy bought THE duct tape, but, alas, info swept under the carpet, like lots of other juicy details....Pineapple? What pineapple? Don't get me started!

I feel your pain, Ripley007! Maybe..just maybe there's still hope that the truth will out.

I feel your pain, Ripley007! Maybe..just maybe there's still hope that the truth will out.

I actually DO hold out hope. Again, lotta good it'll do JB. Mommy (ransom letter writer) is already dead. If she is to be punished, it won't come from a Colorado Court. Ok. Shutting up now before I P^ss people off.

A FLorida news station showed a video of items being removed from the Anthony home (I forget which search date it was from); the camera pans over to show a gas can with silver duct tape on it. The piece o tape was maybe 6" or so long. Also, in the document dump there was a text message reference from Amy Huesinga to Casey saying...paraphrased "you took my duct tape out of my purse..." Amy had been packing her belongings and used duct tape on th boxes. So, perhaps the crime lab has obtained a sample from some of Amy's boxes?

A FLorida news station showed a video of items being removed from the Anthony home (I forget which search date it was from); the camera pans over to show a gas can with silver duct tape on it. The piece o tape was maybe 6" or so long. Also, in the document dump there was a text message reference from Amy Huesinga to Casey saying...paraphrased "you took my duct tape out of my purse..." Amy had been packing her belongings and used duct tape on th boxes. So, perhaps the crime lab has obtained a sample from some of Amy's boxes?
There are several possible sources for the duct tape. We have to assume that LE is investigating that?

I remember some video showing the Gas cans and you can see tape on one of them. I just see no evidence that LE collected that tape?

The documents indicate they did not?

I would hope LE know far more than us but perhaps a US WSer could give them a tip?

Quote from the Transcript Link above:

"Tonight, also, will yet another piece of evidence send tot mom Casey Anthony to Florida`s death row? Is duct tape binding little Caylee`s mouth the same duct tape found on gas cans from the Anthony home? That analysis being made right now. This after we learn a trash bag holding little Caylee`s remains is a direct link to trash bags at the Anthony home."

Is this some inside info or is this just another BLATANT NG LIE.

She states categorically that "analysis being made right now"

But the docs say the gas cans were returned to CA on 8/13/08, 11:03 hrs.

Is it possible the cans got taken again in the search for chemicals, containers, etc? The next document dump (if it includes the search warrant return) should answer that question.

I'm also holding out hope that Amy's stolen roll of duct tape will implicate KC.

I believe that LE still has the gas can with the duct tape on it, so I feel pretty sure it is being analyzed. I'm hoping finger prints will be linked from the crime scene, and also on the heart sticker. I'm certain LE has a LOT more evidence that has not been released yet.

I would like to add my nickle into the pot.

In the last warrant served on the A's home:

This may be where the ‘matching’ ‘duct tape’ and ‘gas can’ came from. The warrant has a list of various things that included any duct tape, material used to make Chloroform, containers to mix it…..
Page 3154
http://www.wesh.com/download/2009/0121/18530229.pdf

They said they were looking for materials used to make Chloroform; containers to mix it or a receipt showing someone had bought the solvent.
They were also looking to find traces of DNA on garbage bags, garbage bag containers, and duct tape. They were also looking for small toy horses similar to one found near Caylee's remains.

The documents do not indicate if investigators found and removed any of the items they were looking for in their search warrants of the Anthony's home.
http://www.wesh.com/news/18530020/detail.html

As far as NG knowing something that wasn’t released in the documents… maybe she does maybe she doesn’t. The question at this point was what she said in her report based in factual knowledge or a good guess based on previous experience using the information from the current warrant and known facts from the dumpsite.

Mix what the warrant was for + add the items that we know of that were found with the remains, in media land, = duct tape on a gas can. Plus there was the picture from August showing a gas can with a small piece of duct tape on the vent hole of the can which could help in drawing the conclusion that ‘they did find duck tape and they are testing it’. MOO

Is it possible the cans got taken again in the search for chemicals, containers, etc? The next document dump (if it includes the search warrant return) should answer that question.
Here is hoping that is true, but no mention of Gas cans being taken by LE again. and I am sure they would not have just ripped off the tape from the cans at the house.

I do not think that lets NG off the hook.

If she new of another searc and what was taken into evidence she would have shouted it.

I believe that LE still has the gas can with the duct tape on it, so I feel pretty sure it is being analyzed. I'm hoping finger prints will be linked from the crime scene, and also on the heart sticker. I'm certain LE has a LOT more evidence that has not been released yet.
Why do you think that???

I gave you the quote that says cans (Both) returned to CA?

Just wanted to add that this is the same metal gas can that was in Casey's trunk, the one's she threw at George.

snipped from local 6: The gas can was seized by investigators Aug. 1 from the Anthony home. Local 6 News showed video of the metal gas can, which appeared to have silver duct tape on it.

George Anthony told investigators that Casey Anthony had his gas cans in the trunk of her car in mid-June after he reported them stolen. The gas can would have been in the same trunk where detectives believe Caylee's body was for at least two days, Local 6 News reported.
Why in the world would there be duct tape on one of the gas cans?

Did she rip too small a piece and stick it there to get it out of the way? That seems to be the only explanation that I can see.

I would like to add my nickle into the pot.

In the last warrant served on the A's home:

This may be where the ‘matching’ ‘duct tape’ and ‘gas can’ came from. The warrant has a list of various things that included any duct tape, material used to make Chloroform, containers to mix it…..
Page 3154
http://www.wesh.com/download/2009/0121/18530229.pdf

They said they were looking for materials used to make Chloroform; containers to mix it or a receipt showing someone had bought the solvent.
They were also looking to find traces of DNA on garbage bags, garbage bag containers, and duct tape. They were also looking for small toy horses similar to one found near Caylee's remains.

The documents do not indicate if investigators found and removed any of the items they were looking for in their search warrants of the Anthony's home.
http://www.wesh.com/news/18530020/detail.html

As far as NG knowing something that wasn’t released in the documents… maybe she does maybe she doesn’t. The question at this point was what she said in her report based in factual knowledge or a good guess based on previous experience using the information from the current warrant and known facts from the dumpsite.

Mix what the warrant was for + add the items that we know of that were found with the remains, in media land, = duct tape on a gas can. Plus there was the picture from August showing a gas can with a small piece of duct tape on the vent hole of the can which could help in drawing the conclusion that ‘they did find duck tape and they are testing it’. MOO
Yes I see that and we hope, but if the intrepid reporters saw them taking gas cans they would have said. If NG actually knew something extra she would say LOUDLY.

Besides if the best case is that LE eventually took the cans again in December searches, the the Duct Tape is less relevant because the cans have been in use another 4 months or so. What would be the relevance of anything found on them then?

Of course a lot more will be revealed when we get details of what was taken in various searches. I do not for a minute, though think NG is clairvoyant and already aware what will be in the next drop of documents.

Hercule - I said it because I personally SAW the video of the can with the tape being removed from the house. BUT...I cannot remember if this was the Dec. search or not....leaning more towards it was. To my knowledge I don't know that any of the items taken from the house in December have been returned to the Anthony's. Hence, I would think they are still with LE. Understand your point about it not being as relevant since it would have been sitting there for months, but then of course, Caylee was killed months ago. Casey's fingerprints could have been on that tape for lord only knows how long. But, if it matches the tape at the crime scene, and her prints are on the tape at the crime scene, then that's a whole 'nother kettle of fish....

This is the picture reported to show the duct tape. Story 8/6/08, picture from previous week (Before 8/1/08)

picture.php

LE inspected these cans and gave thm back 8/13/08

They detailed what they did with the cans and they did not collect that tape.

I believe that is what NG is refering to as LE comparing with the tape with the remains.
Clearly they were not doing the comparison as she was speaking because they did not collect the tape.
The gas cans since have been in use and borrowed by Lee at one stage.

Hercule - I said it because I personally SAW the video of the can with the tape being removed from the house. BUT...I cannot remember if this was the Dec. search or not....leaning more towards it was. To my knowledge I don't know that any of the items taken from the house in December have been returned to the Anthony's. Hence, I would think they are still with LE. Understand your point about it not being as relevant since it would have been sitting there for months, but then of course, Caylee was killed months ago. Casey's fingerprints could have been on that tape for lord only knows how long. But, if it matches the tape at the crime scene, and her prints are on the tape at the crime scene, then that's a whole 'nother kettle of fish....
I saw video with the cans in paper bags and that was in August and I could not see into the bags. If you can find video with the cans in the open it would solve this WHOLE ISSUE

So the gas cans were not removed again in December?
I do not think so and that would be far too late Lee had borrowed them. Perhaps neighbours had used them who knows. Any "Evidence" would be meaningless

Meaning less is too strong, but certainly less conclusive proof of any involvement by KC. Since she was locked up all that time and potentially many people had access to the cans.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back