Possible Victim: Shannan Gilbert #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only speak for myself, and I am not 'cop-bashing'. I think asking questions about response times is a reasonable question. I understand the frustration with false alarms and the like for EMS people. You risk your life to get to a call and their is nothing, absolutely a waste of time and effort. Yes EMS and LE are tough jobs and I do not believe anybody on this site does not recognize that fact.

I am also sorry for your family's loss, and I am glad that you are getting the support from LE that you need. My experience with LE also has been very positive.
I understand the questions about response times. Im fine with that. People don't know outside of EMS how that goes. Lately what I've seen are posts from a new member who out and out bashes cops and frankly I was sick of it.

And thank you for your condolences. Its been an absolute nightmare.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

To everyone:
Scpd did respond and it was unfounded. They looked, they didn't find her. I was in EMS and many times we've had calls, we get there and the caller is gone, and sometimes we had multiple calls from the same location and they still ended up unfounded. We couldn't go door to door all night asking "hey did you call 911?" It was on to the next 911 call. What happened to SG is beyond unfortunate and extremely tragic and maybe we will never know because she's the only one who could tell us. As for law enforcement, my ENTIRE family is LE and EMS, and I have personally experienced a recent murder in my family. LE does not disclose information during an active investigation no matter how long that investigation is going on for. It will jeapordize the investigation and taint a jury. We are family of a murder victim, and even we don't know everything, not because its a grand conspiracy or a matter of ego its because it makes their job even harder and maybe impossible to put away the bad guy. What you all don't know, or maybe some of you do and I'm beyond sorry if you do, you have no idea what its like to do their job to see horrible senseless death every day, to be a good guy and be trashed left and right for the actions of a few rotten apples. And especially when that rotten apple is your boss. What would you do? This isn't the movies, or TV. This is real life with real people, real victims, and families who are destroyed. I will tell you, and this is fact, how we were treated by LE, SCPD for the matter and it was with professionalism and compassion. No stone was left unturned and they protected us from the vultures of the media, who by the way reported almost everything falsely. Trust me its a circus that you want no part of. And anyone who inserts themselves into that circus you have to ask why, because if you're the one who was standing in a puddle of a muder victims blood (like me ) the only people you want to talk to are LE and your therapist. Believe me I want justice. For EVERY murder victim because maybe it will bring some sort of peace for everyone involved. But you will never know all the facts, purposely. Its not your job. Its their job. They're the ones trained to do it. Call me biased but I live with both sides, victim and LE try to imagine what that's like. I joined websleuths because of the good. I saw people trying to bring closure to the unidentified. Now all I see is cop bashing and rediculous conjecture. Maybe you could all revisit why exactly you're here. Walk a mile in someone elses shoes even the ones with flat feet if you know what I'm saying. Solving murder isnt their hobby its their profession and for some of us its the thing that changed our lives forever.

I'm sorry for your loss. I do often walk a mile in their shoes however. I am married to a state trooper. I am a staunch LE defender. I have never said or insenuated everyone in SCPD was a dirty cop. I feel greatly for those who worked under Burke. However, time and time again their lies and corruption have shown and can't be ignored in this case. Their retelling of events, their dismissal of ANY possibility any foul play was involved with SG before any facts were even know. Before a body was even found. The unfortunate result of this is a great mistrust of them and their investigation. I think we understand there are great reasons that they cannot release details. We get that. However when statements and "evidence" directly contradicts itself it is going to make people doubt the investigation as a whole. I would say the great majority of people here are spending a lot of their own time trying to work towards some sort of resolution and closure here, since in the decades plus of bodies that have turned up, possibly related to this case, there has not been a lot results. People like results. LE can't always give them results for many legitimate reasons, and I get that but it's what lights a fire under people to try and help.

I'm sorry for your loss. I do often walk a mile in their shoes however. I am married to a state trooper. I am a staunch LE defender. I have never said or insenuated everyone in SCPD was a dirty cop. I feel greatly for those who worked under Burke. However, time and time again their lies and corruption have shown and can't be ignored in this case. Their retelling of events, their dismissal of ANY possibility any foul play was involved with SG before any facts were even know. Before a body was even found. The unfortunate result of this is a great mistrust of them and their investigation. I think we understand there are great reasons that they cannot release details. We get that. However when statements and "evidence" directly contradicts itself it is going to make people doubt the investigation as a whole. I would say the great majority of people here are spending a lot of their own time trying to work towards some sort of resolution and closure here, since in the decades plus of bodies that have turned up, possibly related to this case, there has not been a lot results. People like results. LE can't always give them results for many legitimate reasons, and I get that but it's what lights a fire under people to try and help.
I agree. SCPD has new leadership now and I have faith that Gilgo will be solved. Its a difficult and complex case and so much time has gone past. Its just so very sad.

Dottie and Daisy,, Let us not obscure the fact that even when 911 center got accurate info from GC the response was slow. Secondly, I am sure SG's original call was not the first that had confusing information, and in 23 minutes SG was on the line the 911 should have been able to send a car to the general area. 911 call centers are trained to deal with these sorts of challenges. Imagine you are a tourist on the beach near Oak Beach, and you call 911 from your cell because your partner is having a heart attack. You do not know exactly where you are, are they not going to find you?
She calls 911, says she's near Jones Beach, the call goes to State Police which has our parkways (Ocean Beach) but Jones Beach is in Nassau County, did she get transfered there too? She's actually in Suffolk County. So her 911 call is transferred 3 times? How long do you think that took? Maybe 23 minutes between transfers. Then calls come in to 911 from Suffolk county from GC who I'm going to assume has a land line (long time resident and old guy probably has a land line, easy to get address) and 911 dispatches a sector car which probably comes from Babylon or West Islip on the main island and the sector has to take a parkway and a causeway and another parkway to get to Oak Beach. I lived there it took me at least 20 minutes to get the beach next to oak beach on a day without traffic. And we don't know exactly where that sector car was in the first place and if it was already on another call.

She calls 911, says she's near Jones Beach, the call goes to State Police which has our parkways (Ocean Beach) but Jones Beach is in Nassau County, did she get transfered there too? She's actually in Suffolk County. So her 911 call is transferred 3 times? How long do you think that took? Maybe 23 minutes between transfers. Then calls come in to 911 from Suffolk county from GC who I'm going to assume has a land line (long time resident and old guy probably has a land line, easy to get address) and 911 dispatches a sector car which probably comes from Babylon or West Islip on the main island and the sector has to take a parkway and a causeway and another parkway to get to Oak Beach. I lived there it took me at least 20 minutes to get the beach next to oak beach on a day without traffic. And we don't know exactly where that sector car was in the first place and if it was already on another call.

And I drove an ambulance and I still drive with a lead foot.

I agree. SCPD has new leadership now and I have faith that Gilgo will be solved. Its a difficult and complex case and so much time has gone past. Its just so very sad.

Thank you for your condolences

To everyone:
Scpd did respond and it was unfounded... Solving murder isnt their hobby its their profession and for some of us its the thing that changed our lives forever.

Respectfully snipped by me.

Very well said, and I am so sorry for what you are going through right now. It is a living nightmare, as I know only too well. My thoughts are with you, and I sincerely hope that your case will be resolved and your family will have justice. It can never bring back your beloved family member, but not having justice would be almost unbearably bad.

Please go very easy on yourself, and take time out from the forum whenever you need to. God bless you, and I hope that much better times are in your future.

I dont see alot of cop bashing going on. I do see individual members of LE being bashed. Rightfully so.

Dottie thanks for verifying my calculations, You state it took you 20 minutes travel time to get to the beach next to Oak Beach. GC's 911 call ended at 5:24am, the Police cruiser arrived at the gate at 6:10am which works out to 46 minutes. I am just asking why it took a police cruiser that long to respond to a valid, accurate 911 call? You drove that distance legally during the day in 20 minutes.

LE can clear this up simply by releasing the 911 logs for that night, not the contents of the calls, just when action was taken. This information is usually released to the public and the media.

Remember I am not criticizing the 911 dispatcher or the responders, I have a feeling that something or somebody possibly, interfered with the normal response to the 911 calls.

Enquiring minds want to know..

Dottie thanks for verifying my calculations, You state it took you 20 minutes travel time to get to the beach next to Oak Beach. GC's 911 call ended at 5:24am, the Police cruiser arrived at the gate at 6:10am which works out to 46 minutes. I am just asking why it took a police cruiser that long to respond to a valid, accurate 911 call? You drove that distance legally during the day in 20 minutes.

LE can clear this up simply by releasing the 911 logs for that night, not the contents of the calls, just when action was taken. This information is usually released to the public and the media.

Remember I am not criticizing the 911 dispatcher or the responders, I have a feeling that something or somebody possibly, interfered with the normal response to the 911 calls.

Enquiring minds want to know..
Ok. I gotcha.

I dont see alot of cop bashing going on. I do see individual members of LE being bashed. Rightfully so.
It was someone(s) new to WS. And it was generalizations outside the scope of JB.

The police say they arrived at 5:40am.

What if Gus ran out of his house to wait for the cops at the front gate without his watch? I wouldn't take the arrival time at 6am as gospel. Nothing is as unreliable as eyewitness testimony. I do take sunrise at 5:52am (and low tide at 5:40am) as etched in stone - the rest, not so much.

There is not a whole heck of a lot of time for someone to have done something nefarious to Shannan OTHER than give her something at Brewer's house. You start to have ambient line a bit before sunrise.

Sorry Dottie, I know you pain.

I don't think Dr Hackett is LISK. But, if he made the calls to Shannan's family "as a concerned citizen" then why did he (initially) lie about making them?? He was no longer concerned??

Then, you add in other neighbors who went above and beyond a smear campaign against him.

Bizarre.

Maybe those neighbors are making him the Patsy or some others just think he is a wacko. Who knows. I tend to think he denied calling her initially b/c of the claims she made about what he said.

The call that I find more interesting is the one LE claims Hackett made to Mari from New Jersey (It's been nearly 2 years since I read about that call so correct me if I'm wrong please). I don't know what on earth he could have wanted to tell her. I won't deny he is a strange bird. If he is involved, he defo has a partner IMO. He couldn't do all of that stuff on his own.

I would think if Hackett were providing scripts for those parties that there would be record of it and he would have been busted by now.

Wasn't MP to drive to the drugstore to pick up "playing cards"? I've often wondered that IF Hackett was providing scripts and they were being filled that night, maybe they were filed at that drugstore where the "playing cards" were. Of course this is opinion and theory based solely on the instance that there was a trip to the drugstore (as it might have been one of the few places open at that time of night).

All I know is that I wish we could hear that 911 tape. I think it would blow our minds what we would hear SG say on it (and MP and JB in the background).

It's my opinion that the worst thing Hackett is guilty of might be furnishing prescriptions for prostitutes or neighbors and maybe being a John himself.

Wasn't MP to drive to the drugstore to pick up "playing cards"? I've often wondered that IF Hackett was providing scripts and they were being filled that night, maybe they were filed at that drugstore where the "playing cards" were. Of course this is opinion and theory based solely on the instance that there was a trip to the drugstore (as it might have been one of the few places open at that time of night).

No SG wanted MP to go by and let her get some cards on the way but he refused. After arriving at JB's house, SG/JB left to go to CVS and get "Lube, playing cards, and ??".

Speaking as a LE officer I'm sure CVS was checked, and IF there were prescriptions filled that night there is no way it would be released to the public while the investigation is on going. It's very possible that even PH wouldn't be told if they had that information at this time either. Mainly to keep him from running, or committing suicide.

The most information that might be released before solving the case would be any new info linking the killer to how ever many victims they're responsible for, including new/old bodies found. Remember it took 20 yrs to catch The Green River Killer, and we barely heard any news about the case in that time. It may take FBI/NCSO/Etc.. just as long or longer.

No SG wanted MP to go by and let her get some cards on the way but he refused. After arriving at JB's house, SG/JB left to go to CVS and get "Lube, playing cards, and ??".

Speaking as a LE officer I'm sure CVS was checked, and IF there were prescriptions filled that night there is no way it would be released to the public while the investigation is on going. It's very possible that even PH wouldn't be told if they had that information at this time either. Mainly to keep him from running, or committing suicide.

The most information that might be released before solving the case would be any new info linking the killer to how ever many victims they're responsible for, including new/old bodies found. Remember it took 20 yrs to catch The Green River Killer, and we barely heard any news about the case in that time. It may take FBI/NCSO/Etc.. just as long or longer.

wow thank you for taking the time to let me know all of this useful and important info and clearing up that CVS trip story for me. :)

Btw thank you for your service to your community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea