Post Fliers for Gabe - In Your Town or Online!

not_my_kids,

I'm SO SORRY that you went there and were told the fliers weren't there. I called the store a little bit ago, they ARE there, they just didn't list them under Gabriel Johnson, even though that is clearly the recipient name on my receipt. Their system auto-populated the order to be listed under the name on the credit card I paid with. I emailed the receipt to NewMommy09 after she brought what happened to my attention.

I'll PM you with the initials you need for pick up, if you're willing to try again.

I feel so bad that this happened and your time was wasted :(

not_my_kids,

I'm SO SORRY that you went there and were told the fliers weren't there. I called the store a little bit ago, they ARE there, they just didn't list them under Gabriel Johnson, even though that is clearly the recipient name on my receipt. Their system auto-populated the order to be listed under the name on the credit card I paid with. I emailed the receipt to NewMommy09 after she brought what happened to my attention.

I'll PM you with the initials you need for pick up, if you're willing to try again.

I feel so bad that this happened and your time was wasted :(

Don't feel bad for a second. None of us exactly have a ton of experience at this. I think this is the beta version of the national poster by delivery exercise. It's not a problem, I got all the information to try it again. It's really not a problem. Our Kinkos is right across from the mall, we took the kids to play and I ended up having a wonderful time with my kids that I wouldn't have had if it weren't for this little mishap. So don't feel bad for even a minute, I'm thankful for it.
The mixup was on Kinko's end, not yours, from what I understand anyway.

Thank you so much to everyone putting up fliers. Gabe's family is very touched and very grateful that you all care so much about Gabe.

:blowkiss:

Don't feel bad for a second. None of us exactly have a ton of experience at this. I think this is the beta version of the national poster by delivery exercise. It's not a problem, I got all the information to try it again. It's really not a problem. Our Kinkos is right across from the mall, we took the kids to play and I ended up having a wonderful time with my kids that I wouldn't have had if it weren't for this little mishap. So don't feel bad for even a minute, I'm thankful for it.
The mixup was on Kinko's end, not yours, from what I understand anyway.

I'm glad you had a great time with your kids!

If there are any further issues upon pick up, they are supposed to call me right then.

You're right about this being the beta version...at least we're learning!

I sure appreciate you going again. Let's bring Gabriel home!

Well i posted stuff online in Gainesville FL which is right on I-75.
Hit the moms group whihc is linked on the newspaper and craigslist.

Sent out an email for people to forward..I know my mother in law sent it out from around Panama City.

Little input from my family here, my fiance suggested state visitor centers and rest stops along the way, or just slightly off the suspected route for flyers and my mom suggested beauty supply shops as she looks like the type that might use designer or specialty styling items.

ETA: And my mother is also sending the flier out by email, so it's going out from MO, to just about every state. She knows a gazillion people.

We REALLY need San Antonio locals to help get these fliers up. It would be so great if Logan could see fliers up everywhere on the way and when he arrives in San Antonio.

If you are reading here and want to help, please print fliers and post them up locally, even if you aren't in San Antonio. Gabriel could be anywhere by now. Email the fliers to local businesses and media outlets, put it on your FaceBook or MySpace accounts, ask your friends and family to print and distribute fliers, ask them to pass it on to THEIR friends and family.

If you want to post fliers but can't afford to purchase prints, you have 2 options.
1) Many print shops, especially FedEx/Kinkos, will print missing person fliers for free, just ask them about it.
2) You can PM me here at WS with the contact info for your local print and ship shop (It has to be a print and ship shop to send the flier by email). I will forward that information to Logan's cousin who will then place an order at that shop, and I will let you know you can go pick them up. Or you can send the request by email to me at SleutherNewMommy@yahoo.com. You can remain anonymous even to me by creating a new hotmail, gmail or yahoo email account.

All orders for printed fliers are being placed under the name of Gabriel Johnson.
Also, Logan's cousin has found that Kwik Kopy stores are offering a bigger discount than FedEx/Kinko's for bulk fliers.

PLEASE help this family. Thanks everyone.

Another easy place to post fliers that gets alot of attention is the mail area of big subdivisions-master planned communities. The big neighborhoods in your city may have a centralized mail box area. I posted a flyer today where there is over 500 mailboxes-that's alot people that will walk right by his beautiful face.

:woohoo: Picked up my order at Kinko's today, They Look AWESOME!! The guy knew exactly which ones I was talking about, good thing, because I was fumbling. Me-"I need to pick up the posters for baby Gabe" I have frazzled, trying to stop smoking brain.

I gave him 2, and I posted one at Uhaul on the southside, and a few corner stores, and even gave one to a guy, and told him, wherever he goes today, please put that up. (I bought a candy from him for his charity and told him to do me a favor, LOL) The manager at U-haul asked if he was mine. I had to say no. I told her the short rundown story. she had not heard of baby Gabe.

I will be getting more out tomorrow, Kids in Tow! I also have one on my windsheild.

I have almost 300 fliers. and I am on the southside. by the missions. I cannot put out all of these by myself! I am sending a few to Poteet. and hopefully a few to Balcones Heights. Gabriel really needs someone on the other sides of town! I am poor, with an old jalopy car, so I cannot go to all sides of town. I NEED HELP!!

Mine will be picked up today, I had an emergency fight between a two year old and a flu bug and the flu bug won yesterday, so hopefully, I can get them today, as long as no one throws up.

When I get paid, I'll be placing an order for my mother, she is a petitioner and travels nationwide, she wants some to take with her and put up. Right now, she is in MO, in a couple weeks, she'll be in CA, and then back to MI, so I should have them to her before she leaves MO.

OK,
lp34 has orders that should be ready at a Nacogdoches, TX store and at a Rockwall, TX store. But these orders didn't go through me. I believe they were posted on the long thread when we started doing the flier operation. If either person who requested these fliers reads this, please contact me about the flier order. I'm going back to that thread to try and figure out who these orders are for, but it might take me awhile to wade through everything and find them.

I got some fliers up yesterday in my area, but I'm in a pretty small town, off the beaten path of major highways, etc. But I got them to a couple of gas stations, the library, the post office, a park, an animal shelter, and a couple of churches. I've also asked on my FB for my friends to print and post at least 10 fliers. I have a few friends in Oklahoma that I'm hoping will do this.

Today, I plan to hit some other crime forums and media sites with comments sections and post requesting volunteers. I still really need some help for Ives with the San Antonio fliers, and also volunteers for other parts of San Antonio.

ETA: OK, I was able to find the posts in the old thread for who ordered fliers, so they've been notified to pick those up.

I believe it was eta: not_my_kids who posted that those putting up fliers, should note where they are placing them up, and if the fliers start disappearing, PLEASE email/call that in to the tip line. There have been cases where people's missing fliers have been constantly removed and taken down in certain area's. If someone has Gabriel and doesn't want to give him up, they are not going to want these fliers up in their area where people might recognize him. So this could be a HUGE lead.

Thanks everyone.

~Original post was edited to I removed it from my quote. ~

It was me and I am willing to help with making up spreadsheets, if people want to send me the info, so I can keep updated.

It was me and I am willing to help with making up spreadsheets, if people want to send me the info, so I can keep updated.

Sorry, I couldn't remember for sure. I just remembered it was one of the people that I love reading their posts. LOL. I edited. Thanks for offering to help with this.

I posted Gabes poster and info on the Momslikeme.com site

I wasn't arguing for credit, I just wanted to put it out there I would be willing to help with keeping track of locations and this way people know who to get ahold of if they want to take me up on it.

I live in SA and just wanted fellow San Antonioans to keep up the good work with the fliers. I also went to Walmart yest...I looked at the Missing bulletin board..NO PHOTOS OF BABY GABE!!!! There should be one now:) Also I used to live in a town west of SA...it was close to the border...it would be a very good idea to get fliers to the Border Patrol check points and to the customs check points between the two borders. Thousands of people go through then a day. They need to go to the border between laredo and nuevo laredo, del rio and acuna, and eagle pass and piedras negras. Just a thought if anyone is near these areas or has ideas on how to get them there. Just a thought. The border to Mexico is not but a few hours from SA.

I wasn't arguing for credit, I just wanted to put it out there I would be willing to help with keeping track of locations and this way people know who to get ahold of if they want to take me up on it.

Don't worry nmk, I TOTALLY didn't take it that way, and you fully deserve the credit. It was a REALLY good suggestion. :highfive:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back