Post-Verdict: I am sick and heartbroken

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still reeling from it. Even more so since listening to these jurors trying to justify their epic travesty of justice.

How did 12 people decide that the world is flat? Did they all have an agenda? Did the foreman convince them that he knew the law and they felt no choice but to follow? Do they all lack reasoning skills?

How is it with the mothers and grandmothers on this jury, there was not one strong woman to stand up for a dead child? I'll never understand.:maddening:

How did 12 people decide that the world is flat? Did they all have an agenda? Did the foreman convince them that he knew the law and they felt no choice but to follow? Do they all lack reasoning skills?

How is it with the mothers and grandmothers on this jury, there was not one strong woman to stand up for a dead child? I'll never understand.:maddening:

That makes two of us :(

I was thinking before of how sad and strange it is that when this controversial verdict came down, there was not one family member of Caylee's who objected, or reacted, or sobbed, or screamed, nothing, just some silence and a smile and a scurry out the door. Usually in cases where there is an unexpected acquittal there is a huge outcry from the victim's family, but all Caylee got was a complicit, heavy silence, and then people turning up at the jail, cap in hand, trying to visit with her accused murderer. I have truly never seen the likes and I hope I never do again. That poor baby was doomed from the minute she was born.

And now the DT wants to silence us, metaphorically duct tape our mouths, but they can't 'make us stop'. And none of the Anthonys can force us to line their Judas pockets with thirty pieces of silver. And ICA can't make people admire her, or believe her, or ever forget.

I believe you are on to something. I think one or two of the jurors insisted on their version and simply browbeat the rest of the people who were not sure of what was required. You HAVE to know cause of death, for example.

I am hoping that at least one juror breaks ranks and tells what really happened -- at least one juror who realizes a terrible verdict was rendered and who wants to explain how it happened. It is one thing to make a terrible mistake but quite another to insist in lockstep: "We just did our job." and "The evidence wasn't there.". We KNOW what the evidence was - we watched it too!

Surely there is one honest soul who will spill the beans. That person will be the only one with any integrity remaining.

I thought I could get past this, I really did. But I live in Central Florida and our local news has been broadcasting everything about her. It was fine for the past three years but I'm ready to lose it while trying to watch weather and traffic. I control what I watch of the TH's and "entertainement shows" but this is pushing me over the edge. I've been able to keep my emotions in check all this time, calm and patient. But this morning I was screaming at the TV when the local announcer said "Just what did KC do after Kaylee died?" - SHE WENT TO TARGET WITH HER BOYFRIEND!
OMG I'm gonna have a stroke I'm so upset and my anger seems to be "snowballing".

Hi all. I am starting to feel better about the verdict after having taken several days off from reading or watching anything on TV related to "that girl" (just can't say her name and I am being polite in calling her that girl). I've calmed down a bit, although my heart is still broken because there was no justice for Caylee. I am, however, calmed by the fact that there are so many people that hate "that girl". She is the most hated person in the world right now. I really and truly think that when she is released she will be shunned and ignored by all. Especially with all the boycotts going on (keep up the good work people!). I am sure there is some network that is dying for an interview but if we don't watch it then she will fade away. I mean if Jerry Springer and that *advertiser censored* company don't want her then who would?? So I find great comfort knowing that she will never have a normal life. She will never find peace. She will always be remembered as the one that got away with murder. It will warm my heart to know in the near future that she is leading a lonely miserable life hated and shunned by all, afraid to go out in public and pennyless. I think her parents are in the same boat as her right now. Its called a sinking ship. Oh, to be that hated must weigh heavily on them all. Maybe there will be justice for Caylee afterall. Sadly, not in a court of law but in the court of public opinion.

You are right about all these things. I would like to add that a lot of people, including the state of Florida, are getting into gear with MASSIVE lawsuits for Ms. Anthony. There will be NO "Bella Vita" for her out there!
It IS a consolation.
I am not a vindictive person, and I certainly do not believe in the Death Penalty, but in my opinion, it is a travesty that she wasn´t at least convicted of aggravating child abuse.
I would be willing to consider forgiving her and trying to understand, IF SHE WOULD TELL THE TRUTH. Only she can clear this up once and for all. SHE cannot truly move on with her life until she repents, and she cannot repent until she comes clean. I know that she is probably a sociopath/psychopath and probably doesn´t care, but her life will still be a stilted life with no core, no real love. She will be the loneliest person in this world.

I thought I could get past this, I really did. But I live in Central Florida and our local news has been broadcasting everything about her. It was fine for the past three years but I'm ready to lose it while trying to watch weather and traffic. I control what I watch of the TH's and "entertainement shows" but this is pushing me over the edge. I've been able to keep my emotions in check all this time, calm and patient. But this morning I was screaming at the TV when the local announcer said "Just what did KC do after Kaylee died?" - SHE WENT TO TARGET WITH HER BOYFRIEND!
OMG I'm gonna have a stroke I'm so upset and my anger seems to be "snowballing".

Please watch your blood pressure......I followed this since day31, had to just get off the boards and change the channels after the verdict. I was heartsick.....and then physically ill....had a small TIA stroke due to spike in BP. Okay now, but have to wonder.....can I join the "sue ICA bandwagon" for pain and suffering, so that "person" never makes a dime off our sweet baby Caylee.....we all need to take comfort from the fact that we can go on with our lives, keep Caylee in our hearts, and know that ICA will ALWAYS be a miserable excuse for a human being, will never truly know love, or the joy that comes from unconditionally loving a child....JMO

I swear I can't wait for this case to get out of my head. I'm getting there. it's truly an addiction. a bad one! Anyway, we were always commenting on how JB was always delay, delay, delay! I truly think now that this was the real reason the Jury voted the way they did. The SA's were timely and went through their evidence quickly. you know we cannot say that about the Defense. I'm sure the icing on the cake was the Saturday that ECA (now it's evil Casey A) had to have her Pyhsc eval. I can understand why those Jurors wanted to go home, but I don't think it's right. They committed to this case! If they had voted Quilty they could have possibly been there another two weeks. I'm sure JB would have dragged his feet (out of spite) with the Penalty Phase. It would have been like a new mini-trial. I think those Jurors could not take another day away from home even if it meant letting her go free. I have dogs and cats and I know I could not be away from them that long. A week is torture for me. I read about one Jury saying he was worried about his Dogs, which I totally understand, but they needed to convict the baby killer and they let her go free. JB won with his stall tactics and lies. where is our Justice? There isn't any!

I have also followed this case since GA and CA went on tv looking for their granddaughter and telling everyone within earshot that the mom was so wonderful!...got my suspicions up right away...been on websleuths following faithfully and responding a few times...NEVER thought the outcome would be this...mom rewarded for killing her child!...the jurors must have been dazed by JB's wonderful ability to present his case (ok ...not really my view) but they had to be in a hazed about something!...
how can you explain...dead child...mom =no reaction.
The entire A family deserves whatever comes their way(heaven needs to intervene here) ...but I will NEVER watch, read, or listen to anything that THEY have been Paid to produce!
I have come to the conclusion that the only place a person can find JUSTICE is in the dictionary....Sorry Caylee -you have been failed again!

As an Orange Co resident, I'm glad it is over. I'm sick to death of hearing about the Anthony's. I'm sorry Caylee did not get her Justice, but in due time I think she will.

After following this case for 3 yrs from beginning to end, I think it's time I focus my energy elsewhere. My mom has been diagnosed with cancer and will be having surgery very soon. She has always said what goes around comes around 2 fold and I strongly believe that.

I am also angry with the verdict but, I do see good things coming out of this trial such as people that don't even know each other coming together for a great cause. I've met new friends that I cherish deeply and hope one day we will be able to meet Caylee in her new home free from pain.

We all fell in love with Caylee, and even though we didn't know her, She will forever be in our hearts.

I am still angry. When will it get easier?

I think it's going to get easier after she gets out of jail and the news shows have nothing else to discuss about her. She will be gone for a while and will pop up later.. we will have time to heal then.. but until they stop talking about this we just have more fuel for our fire. :banghead:

I'm not even a MOTHER, and I am still in tears over it all! That innate maternal streak that runs through us women, and the absolute love that overflows in my heart for a child, makes me want to enact my own brand of harsh justice on this monster. You could hear this same sentiment mirrored in Linda Drane Burdick's voice, as she closed out the case last Monday. If you AREN'T outraged, double check if you are HUMAN.

I live in Central FL, as well. It's storming fiercely outside. That beautiful baby lay out in the wet filth, through many a night like this. :cry:

Heartbroken?! Heartbroken is not nearly adequate a description to describe the incense and grief I feel, over a precious baby tossed into a trash dump. This is gonna take a LOT of time for me, so if any fellow WS-ers are also slower in processing, feel free to share and know I'll understand. But I WILL harness my sentiments for something positive; likely eventual realization of a law career.

We will all work through the emotional whirlwind. Meanwhile, know you're in PLENTY good company.

Rest with God, Little One. :rose:

I swear I can't wait for this case to get out of my head. I'm getting there. it's truly an addiction. a bad one! Anyway, we were always commenting on how JB was always delay, delay, delay! I truly think now that this was the real reason the Jury voted the way they did. The SA's were timely and went through their evidence quickly. you know we cannot say that about the Defense. I'm sure the icing on the cake was the Saturday that ECA (now it's evil Casey A) had to have her Pyhsc eval. I can understand why those Jurors wanted to go home, but I don't think it's right. They committed to this case! If they had voted Quilty they could have possibly been there another two weeks. I'm sure JB would have dragged his feet (out of spite) with the Penalty Phase. It would have been like a new mini-trial. I think those Jurors could not take another day away from home even if it meant letting her go free. I have dogs and cats and I know I could not be away from them that long. A week is torture for me. I read about one Jury saying he was worried about his Dogs, which I totally understand, but they needed to convict the baby killer and they let her go free. JB won with his stall tactics and lies. where is our Justice? There isn't any!

BBM

Just wanted to thank you for the giggle--I bet this jury would have voted "Quilty" if they had had the option, LOL! :floorlaugh:

Meemom ..happy you are okay now .That must have been scary .

[/B]

Please watch your blood pressure......I followed this since day31, had to just get off the boards and change the channels after the verdict. I was heartsick.....and then physically ill....had a small TIA stroke due to spike in BP. Okay now, but have to wonder.....can I join the "sue ICA bandwagon" for pain and suffering, so that "person" never makes a dime off our sweet baby Caylee.....we all need to take comfort from the fact that we can go on with our lives, keep Caylee in our hearts, and know that ICA will ALWAYS be a miserable excuse for a human being, will never truly know love, or the joy that comes from unconditionally loving a child....JMO

I'm so sorry for what you've gone through. I hope you are doing better. I have high blood pressure too and why I've tried to not let this get to me. But unfortunately, I think I'm getting worse. Yesterday was my worst day, and I even snapped at hubby more than once last night. I had to apologize and tell him I didn't know what was wrong with me and all along I knew it was this sweet child. He's been very supportive through all of this and knows how devastated I am but I couldn't be honest about how I still feel a week later. I cannot believe how this has affected me.

Hi guys. I too am still beyond disturbed by the outcome. I am actually going to stop coming to the forum for a bit and stop reading any news on the matter to see if that helps. It HAS helped to come here and it has helped to read all your posts/thoughts/feelings, don't get me wrong. But I have to examine how I can better spend my time now that this is truly over. I did stumble across a rather brutal (for lack of a better term) article...I am posting the link below the snippet...The title is called Life Coaching For Those Obsessed With the Casey Anthony Trial...Most of it was garbage in my opinion, and more than a bit condescending, but the one thing that did strike me was this portion of it:

"For example, if you are struggling to have children, it’s natural to feel frustrated when you perceive someone like Anthony has succeeded in that and squandered it. It’s understandably human to ask why and even have some confusion and/or resentment, but ultimately you have to know railing at a stranger to the level where your blood pressure is rising isn’t going to bring you a baby.

Ditto for all the other possibilities that have you getting so emotionally involved in one woman’s story.

There’s another way to go here.

Ideally, the fever pitch around the Casey Anthony trial could spur action for children in need. If there is time to watch hours of coverage and craft status updates, there is time to funnel the energy into something more productive. One Facebook friend posted a terrific suggestion -- get better acquainted with a Web site for missing kids.

That’s an easy, surface-level idea that requires only time on the Internet. But you can always take it up a notch. Write a check. Write regular checks if you can. Target causes that help make children’s health and well-being a priority.

Just Tell Director Vivian Farmery would be all too happy to let you release your frustration at the mistreatment of children by contributing to Just Tell, whose mission is, according to its Web site, “to educate and empower children and adults around the issue of childhood sexual abuse.”

Need I mention St. Jude’s Hospital? What better place to bring your compassion for children? No extra cash? They appreciate volunteers, too.
"

Read more: http://www.foxbusiness.com/personal...essed-with-casey-anthony-trial/#ixzz1S1LBSLkj

Imagine if all the posters here in this forum ( I am sure some if not many ALREADY DO) chose a charity of their choice and donated in some way to it. In some small way, in helping another child, we can honor Caylee. No, I didn't know Caylee, but she is an amalgam if you will of all the children murdered by their mothers that should have had an opportunity to live and love in this world....

Here is a great link to Top Rated Charities: http://www.charitywatch.org/toprated.html
I have found a charity that I want to help and in doing so, may help myself get over this travesty.

Just a thought....

I'm trying to come up with my request to be excused from jury duty. I have 238 characters to type in why I'd like to be excused but I need help with what to say.

I'd like to make sure that:
1. They are aware that I've always wanted to serve on a jury and have always believed it to be a great and fair procedure.
2. They understand that after Caylee's case that I have zero faith in our system and that I want no part of any of it because this is proof beyond ALL doubt that our system does not work properly and since the person guilty of murdering her own baby girl walks free, this also means that there are innocent people who have been wrongly convicted.

Can anyone please help me to get those points across in a professional manner with the few characters that I am allowed?

I'm not sure if I should post this as a new thread in a different part of the forum instead of here, any advise?

Thank you WS'ers for any help you can give me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MildredVeraHolmes