PRESS CONFERENCE: September 25, 2014 - Charlottesville Police Department

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else notice that Longo said "...who Hannah was" instead of who Hannah is?? This doesn't sound good :(

I have a bad feeling about Tempo's statement. It really seemed like a "safe face" from the establishment and that seems just awful to me.

Based on what I've heard so far, I think he acted alone, I think he may have drugged her drink, I think he killed her after a sexual assault that same night and disposed of her body right away. I don't think he took her along for the ride to Texas.

I think he's be acting alone for a long time. I also wonder if this is why he asked the judge to re-read his charges, he has been out of touch, so he probably had no way of knowing if she's been found or not. He met his match with Longo and LJ/JM knows it, no wonder he ran.

I think that was a good job. I liked his passion, but this approach works just as well. I really hope someone comes forward with a tip that leads somewhere.

We have to find Hannah Graham. Chief Longo's sign-off line.

First, off-the-top-of-my-head, impressions of the presser : (of which I only got to see bits & pieces - dodgy connection & failure)

FIND HANNAH.

JM is in custody, legal processes following their due course.

FIND Hannah is the overriding objective.

Very favourably impressed by Chief Longo's presentation & the orientation of today's presser.

I'll be back later. I need to watch that again, process, think about what I saw and heard.

We have to find Hannah Graham. Chief Longo's sign-off line.

It must have changed since I lived their several years ago. It was gated back then too but locals knew a few dirt roads and private spots you could still fish at. From the sounds of it it wasnt nearly as developed then as it is now either. Thanks for the info.

Q, Asked about passport
A, I dont believe he had a passport with him but don't quote me on that

I think Longo said "his" passport. I noticed because it would surprise me if JM had a passport as he just doesn't seem like the type who'd need one (international traveler). It's probably irrelevant though.

I noticed that as well, and although Longo continued with his sentence without a pause, it made me think that he feels she will not be found alive. Although he indicated earlier in the PC that he and The Grahams were still hopeful, but that hope diminished with each passing day.

I think if he can produce her alive, now would be a good time to do it- might help him in the long run.. but I think she has been dead since shortly after getting in his car.

I think the best odds are that she will be found closer to the mall area than JM's house. I think I recall that he lived a short distance away, like 12-15 miles? I currently live about 14 miles from my most previous home, and my husband works in that city as well. I have to go there to drop him off and pick him up. I enjoyed living there and it is much nicer than where I currently live. Due to all these factors, I spend basically all my free time there. I'm more familiar with that area than I am with my current area, even after a couple of years of living here. I think a lot of people are like that.

So IMO, the car was used just to get her to a secluded enough place to do whatever it was he wanted to do. I would also be checking the river. He may have just drive her a few miles upstream. I'm sure there are plenty of dark, deserted places along the river where one could easily shove a body into the water. Come to think of it, if she was drunk, it may have been all too easy for JM to drown her, a cause of death he may believe an autopsy could deem "accidental". JMO

Longo did say they are confident on the evidence so far they have their man. Words to that effect. My guess would have to be forensics. Something that locks JM in.

searching albemarle county apple orchard right now, no word if it is in connection with hannah graham case.

via parker slaybaugh of channel 8 news.

however.. google bonnie santiago.

"According to the Albemarle County Police Department, 56-year-old Bonnie Santiago, of Brands Flat, was last seen at a Carter Mountain home on July 12 at 1 a.m. The home is in a rural area and is surrounded by a large apple orchard."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/21/bonnie-santiago-missing_n_5606791.html

I have a bad feeling about Tempo's statement. It really seemed like a "safe face" from the establishment and that seems just awful to me.
My daughter went to Medical School at UVA 2010-2014 and believe me Charlottesville in general other than the students gave me the creeps. We have been to dinner many times on the Mall on Friday & Saturday nights...so many side streets..no lights in many places etc. Tempo's is one of the upper class restaurants. To me, it is so expensive for a college area. Appetizers 2 and a drink is literally about $30 per person. Drinks 10+ per drink. They have a great deal invested in this place. I believe they have no cameras (other little coffee shops have them) because they don't want to be caught selling drinks to minors. I do believe the witness that said she was seen inside there. JMO but so much information is lacking or wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa