PRESS CONFERENCE: September 25, 2014 - Charlottesville Police Department

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parker Slaybaugh 8News
13 minutes ago · Edited
HANNAH GRAHAM BREAKING: Search crews have converged on Carters Mountain Orchard. Multiple dog teams on site.

I think the best odds are that she will be found closer to the mall area than JM's house. I think I recall that he lived a short distance away, like 12-15 miles? I currently live about 14 miles from my most previous home, and my husband works in that city as well. I have to go there to drop him off and pick him up. I enjoyed living there and it is much nicer than where I currently live. Due to all these factors, I spend basically all my free time there. I'm more familiar with that area than I am with my current area, even after a couple of years of living here. I think a lot of people are like that.

So IMO, the car was used just to get her to a secluded enough place to do whatever it was he wanted to do. I would also be checking the river. He may have just drive her a few miles upstream. I'm sure there are plenty of dark, deserted places along the river where one could easily shove a body into the water. Come to think of it, if she was drunk, it may have been all too easy for JM to drown her, a cause of death he may believe an autopsy could deem "accidental". JMO

He only lives 3-4 miles away from the Downtown mall, and grew up south of town IIRC. As someone who has lived here in Cville his whole life, he is probably comfortable with most areas. Especially since he was a cabbie as well. She could be anywhere. :(

LE has foolproof evidence imo.
Like the fact that Longo gave specific directives regarding info LE needs - property owner searches of vacant lots, their own lots, Realtors assisting, etc. Also about wanting to know who else, if anybody, JM was seen with near to the time or afterward as well as places he hung out. Asking specific questions might prompt somebody to recall they know where JM fished or saw him there one or more times for example. Good presser.

I have a bad feeling about Tempo's statement. It really seemed like a "safe face" from the establishment and that seems just awful to me.

My experience working with retail and food service establishments tells me that the statement was absolutely about saving face, keeping cops out of the restaurant, not wanting to be ransacked, get bad publicity, etc... I wouldn't be surprised if they went so far as to serve her without checking her ID. It's so overwhelmingly common, especially in a college town. Everybody wants to drink, but like, half the people are legally allowed to drink. It's like sitting on a gold mine. I absolutely believe that she went in there and that the manager was terrified to say so, JMO.

Is there going to be another General Discussion thread? Hopefully?

IIRC Most victims are found within 12 miles of where they were last seen....

I wish he had asked other VA residents within an hour or so drive to also search their properties. Hopefully people with large farms and land, etc. in outer counties will be smart enough to do that without being told.

This thread will close in about 2 minutes.

Here's the list of new topic threads again:

Tempo Restaurant: What Happened There?

JLM: Other Possible Victims

Hannah Graham: The Search

JLM: 2002 Rape Allegations at Liberty University

The Charges Against Jesse Leroy Matthew

Who is Hannah Graham?

To read a list of all Hannah Graham threads, use this link to the main page of the HG forum.

HANNAH GRAHAM

In addition, there is a SAR thread and a Scanner thread in the Members' Only areas. Please DO NOT post anything you read in those threads to threads here in the main forum. What happens there, STAYS there.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...nah-Graham-missing-Charlottesville-VA-scanner

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?257362-Hannah-Graham-SAR&p=11013281#post11013281

A huge :tyou: to our transcriptionists!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member