Question re Ransom Note

I don't know when reports made by document examiners to the BPD were shared with the Ramsey attorneys--Lin Wood may have been the first Ramsey attorney to receive copies through discovery actions in suits.

The reports are what they are, and the conclusions by those document experts are what they are, regardless of who shared them with Judge Carnes. And yes, she's a federal judge.

Carnes threw out the suit that claimed that PR wrote the note, the suit Darnay Hoffman brought against the Ramseys. There was no merit to the case that was based on the claim that PR wrote the ransom note.

LovelyPigeon said:
Comparisons of John and Patsy's handwriting to the ransom note have ruled John out as writer and concluded that Patsy probably did not write it.

LP, I have to chuckle about how you stated that. You pretend that Burke doesn't exist. You didn't mention Burke as the possible writer of the ransom note even though Burke cannot be eliminated as the writer.

The Daily Camera on 11/22/97 wrote:

"Handwriting analyses conducted prior to the March search (looking for Patsy's historical exemplars) revealed John Ramsey did not write the ransom note, that it was "probable" Burke did not write the note and possible that Patsy wrote it, according to documents released Friday."

In other words:

John definitely didn't write it;

Burke "probably" didn't write it;

Patsy possibly wrote it.

Burke cannot be given a free pass, even in the writing of the ransom note. The six CBI endorsed handwriting examiners eliminated John as the writer (with a perfect 5.0 score) and said it was a very low probability that Patsy wrote it (with a 4.5 score). They failed to say what Burke's score was. WHY?

JMO

LovelyPigeon said:
Carnes threw out the suit that claimed that PR wrote the note, the suit Darnay Hoffman brought against the Ramseys. There was no merit to the case that was based on the claim that PR wrote the ransom note.
LP, you should be smart enough to know that merit cannot be presented by a moron.
Even Mike Kane who knows the Ramseys were involved in JonBenet's death said Carnes made the right decision based on the evidence the moron presented (actually FAILED to present...). That should tell you plenty.

a GOOD attorney with the same witnesses and evidence Hoffman had, would have no problem convincing a judge or jury that Patsy wrote the note. The key word is "GOOD"...

by an amateur. If a bank robber doesn't succeed, does that mean he didn't intend to rob the bank? Could be the case here----a poorly planned kidnapping that was bungled. Someone may have thought the parents wouldn't call police, and it would be very easy to get the money--possibly more.

K777angel said:
The note was written AFTER the killing as a means to divert attention away from what really occured and who did it.

It's hogwash to suggest that this person who chose to break in to a large expensive home - on Christmas day no less - which had an alarm system as most if not all large expensive homes do - wrote 3 PAGES of a letter ahead of time just to "entertain" himself while assuming the parents wouldn't FIND her right away.
SO many things this dude would have to know AHEAD of time.
1. That the Ramseys would be leaving that evening.
2. That the Ramseys would be returning that evening.
3. That the alarm system was not turned on.
4. That the yippy little dog would not be in the home that night.
5. That JonBenet would be in HER bed that night.
6. That the family members would be asleep all night.
It makes no sense to even think for a minute that this was what someone planned out.

You cannot have it all ways. It is either a: *Kidnapper wanting money;
*A pedophile wanting sex; or *Someone who wanted revenge on the family.
NONE of these scenarios fit the facts of the crime.
ALL of these scenarios were lamely suggested by the stager because the depth of the fear was so great at the truth being found out - the stager overdid the staging to the point that it was OBVIOUS it was staging.
Long and rambling note ("thou doth protest too much...")
Implying the motivation was money -thus the kidnapping angle claimed
Implying they didn't like the USA or John Ramsey - thus the revenge angle
Implying perhaps a sexual motivation by the abuse done to her although it
was attempted to be wiped away and hidden - so this may have been more
the trigger ending in a rage than staging - but it could have been staging.

Had the stager stuck to ONE angle/motivation and followed through with it - it just might have worked.
But jumping from one to another when the facts do not associate with either - big mistake.

If you're a kidnapper - THEN KIDNAP!
If you want money - CALL FOR IT!
If you are a pervert - DON'T HANG AROUND WITH THE KID

Just as the stager was not satisfied that one page was enough to convince the authorities that a kidnapping had taken place - nor was 2 pages enough - but finally 3.... So too was the stager not satisfied in pointing to just ONE motivation in the crime. Desperation in the crime and staging is patently obvious. NO "entertainment" was going on that night. Just sheer panic and fear.

Ditto K777angel but IMHO it was 2-1/2 (2 adults & child) RANSOM NOTE!
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/10/01/48hours/printable523875.shtml

PATSY'S WORDS:

“Didn’t happen,” said Patsy. “If she got up in the night and ran into somebody, it was somebody there that wasn’t supposed to be there. I don’t know what transpired after that, whether it was accident, intentional, premeditated or what not. It was not one of her three family members that were also in that house. Period. End of statement.”

:eek: GO Patsy GO???

I am still waiting to hear on the DNA testing and I would love to believe that JonBenet's parents had nothing to do with her death and didn't participate in a "cover-up". BUT, the ransom note is what keeps bringing me back to them. I've watched portions of Patsy's interview and from what I've seen she acts the part well OR she is truly innocent.

But I've really dissected that ransom note and I believe 100% that a woman wrote it. I've been an employer for 25 years and I've worked in escrow/real estate and seen thousands and thousands of signatures and all styles of handwriting. The style of handwriting in that ransom note comes from a woman. The style of writing is something a woman would write, who was trying to stage a kidnapping. The length of that note is ridiculous and I think it points to someone going overboard trying to make it look like a real group of kidnappers, such as someone in a panic might write (much like a nervous person might talk too much.) I believe the note was written by a woman who had seen too many movies and thought she was writing something believable but having no idea how a real kidnapper thinks, she really went overboard on the note. Very possibly a little too much "X-mas cheer" may have contributed to the wordiness and drama in the note. I have not heard any other logical explanation of the note.

The amount of the ransom is ludicrous and I believe that the amount ($188,0000) was arrived at because it was written by a person who would be financially affected by liquidating accounts and coming up with the funds needed to cover a large and phony ransom. Most astute investors have their money working in some type of investment that often would incur a penalty if withdrawn early. Who would suffer a financial loss if the Ramsey's had to liquidate a million or two? Obviously the Ramseys are the only ones who would have had to suffer a loss and so I believe for many reasons that Patsy Ramsey wrote that note.

But, let's explore why some other woman would have committed this crime. Certainly not the "ransom" of $118,000! Let me ask the reader:"Have you ever heard of a woman being the kind of pedophile that enjoyed torturing and killing 6 year old female children?" I've never heard of it, but there is always a first time. But on top of that extraordinarily unusual occurrence you have to consider that this woman would have had to very carefully plan this crime so that they left no evidence, even on the note. They found everything they needed in the home and they apparently were calm enough to commit the crime inside the home while the parents and brother were sleeping inside. This woman even thought enough in advance to bring a "tazer gun", but no preparation was made as to how she would get the body out of the home without being seen! I don't think so.

The perpetrator never intended to take the body out of the home. According to Lou Smit, they just couldn't get the body out the window. Then, why not just walk out a back door? That makes no sense to me, especially when you consider that the killer was in various areas of the home and spent some time with JonBenet before, during and after death. So, I don't see any evidence that the person was panicked (except in writing the note.) I do see evidence that the killer felt comfortable in the home and knew their way around the home, so leaving by the back door or front door would have been the most logical to me, if it was an intruder.

So, could the note have been written by a deranged person? Well, I've seen enough writings of deranged people to know that the style of the note is logical enough to have been authored by a very sane person. Not a terribly intelligent person, but definitely sane. So, why risk the note, since it could have yielded so many clues? The only reasonable explanation that I've heard is that Patsy wrote that note to divert attention away from her and those in her household.

So, I think the million dollar question is really why JonBenet was killed and whether or not the head blow came first or last. It's always hard to believe a parent would do something so despicable. But you've got to admit that if Susan Smith was a little smarter and a little bit better actress, she might have gotten away with murder too. I think Patsy Ramsey was just lucky enough to get away with this crime. I don't know if she lost it over JonBenet's bedwetting, or someone else in the household killed JonBenet and Patsy just participated in the cover-up. The Boulder police really botched this investigation and this case should have been solved if it had been handled properly. The ransom note should have immediately sent up red flags.

So, if the DNA testing shows the profile of some other person then I will gladly be wrong, but to me the ransom note can only be reasonably explained by a scenario involving at the least Patsy and possibly even John.

Shylock said:
I still think you should get over to ACR's web site and take a look at the actual side-by-side comparisons of Patsy's known writings and the Ransom note. If after that, you still think Patsy didn't write the note, you still have accomplished something: You can honestly tell the world that you have a habit of playing games with yourself.

IMO

ACR's website??? Where's that? How do I find it???

CSEye said:
So, if the DNA testing shows the profile of some other person then I will gladly be wrong.
The dna testing already shows the profile of some other person. He is as yet unidentified, but it is definitely other than a Ramsey male.

CSEye said:
I believe the note was written by a woman who had seen too many movies. The amount of the ransom is ludicrous...

Women really don't watch action movies like preteen and teenage BOYS watch them. The amount of the ransom demand is ludicrous, as is the whole note. The note has TEENAGE BOY written all over it.

JMO

BrotherMoon said:
ACandyRose

Thanks, but where in that mess would one find the ransom note and a copy of Patsy's handwriting?

Toth said:
The dna testing already shows the profile of some other person. He is as yet unidentified, but it is definitely other than a Ramsey male.

Please provide a scientific source for that statement. Also, why do you think Ariana Pugh's DNA was taken if the source is male? That is bothering me a whole lot as no explanation has been forthcoming.

As far as I know, the Ramseys have not been totally eliminated as the source of the DNA. I have read some statements from others, who are not scientists, but have yet to find any scientific source as to whether the Ramseys in total have been eliminated. Can't be if they were looking at Ariana's DNA.

Has anyone recently made any statements about the "new" DNA other than Lin Wood who has stated (somehow, that little ditty got buried in other whitewash) that it is likely SALIVA.

There is more to this story, and the DNA is only one small part

I found the ransom note - compared it and have determined that Patsy wrote it.... snicker snicker

What I did find that was odd was that the person who wrote the ransom note wrote the small letter "a" in two different ways - In the ransom note that Patsy copied and in other letters that I saw that she wrote, she, too, wrote the small letter "a" in two different ways - Now how many people do that?

Here is a link to the PDF file over on the AcandyRose site where you can see the evidence that compares Patsy's writing to the ransom note exemplars:

http://www.acandyrose.com/02182003dh911motion.pdf

Note that this is a PDF file so you need to have the Adobe Acrobat reader/plugin on your computer (most people already do).
After you download the file and open it, scroll down a few pages to get to the handwriting evidence.

poco said:
I found the ransom note - compared it and have determined that Patsy wrote it.... snicker snicker

What I did find that was odd was that the person who wrote the ransom note wrote the small letter "a" in two different ways - In the ransom note that Patsy copied and in other letters that I saw that she wrote, she, too, wrote the small letter "a" in two different ways - Now how many people do that?
For starters: My kid's English teacher does it and so do I.

tipper said:

Still thought it was quite strange - something I have never really noticed before. So, I guess it narrows it down to Patsy, you and your kid's English teacher.....

And Toth,,, who also writes the letter "a" in two distinctly different ways often within the same word.

I don't do it with lower case "a", but I do it with lots of other letters.

tipper said:
This doesn't boil down to just how Patsy switches off making her letter "a". That's only ONE clue in the entire package. There are DOZENS of exemplars in the ransom note that match Patsy's writing.
Anyone who thinks a total stranger is going to break into someone's house and write several paragraphs with that amount of matches to the homeowners writing just isn't being at all realistic.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back