Question re Ransom Note

Toth said:
The dna testing already shows the profile of some other person. He is as yet unidentified, but it is definitely other than a Ramsey male.

Was it a rumor,or was it determined that Mrs.Santa was a movie critic ,whose job it was to watch "too many movies".???

JMO

Snce school, I wrote my lower case 'a's with little hats on. I did so right up until about 3/4 years ago when, for the first time, I taught a special needs class and they struggled to read my writing. I had to write with a cursive 'a'. For a short period, I tried to switch between them, but it was too hard and I just ended up switching to cursive 'a'.

I would not know about rumors. She had a number of film reviews published but I think your use of the term 'job' suggests it was full time and well paid. I don't think either are true. Perhaps the correct journalistic term would be 'stringer' or 'fillers'.

The point that I was trying to make is that she seems in her play from years before and in her reviews to be ever focusing on what might be termed "the dark side" and that therefore her statements about "pensive" and "I don't feel pretty" should be viewed with a very high degree of suspicion particularly when no one else who was there agrees with such comments or has any similar view of JonBenet that night.

Maxi said:
I don't do it with lower case "a", but I do it with lots of other letters.

AlRiGHt YoU gUYs, i tHinK i GEt tHe PoInT!!!!!

DAMN, and I thought I had solved the case.

Back to jumping rope......

Toth said:
The point that I was trying to make is that she seems in her play from years before and in her reviews to be ever focusing on what might be termed "the dark side" and that therefore her statements about "pensive" and "I don't feel pretty" should be viewed with a very high degree of suspicion particularly when no one else who was there agrees with such comments or has any similar view of JonBenet that night.

Imagine that: An artist who focuses on "the dark side." Today's lesson for Toth to learn is about drama. Drama is not about happy people who live happy lives and live happily ever after. Even the story of Snow White has a dark side to it when her evil stepmother sends a hunter out to bring her heart back in a box. The Little Match Girl died. Bambi's mother was killed. Janet McReynolds's play was a drama. In a drama, dark things happen. Patsy wrote a play, too, "Kiss of Death," and you and I both know it was not about happy fluffy bunnies with a happy ending.

Yes, do notice that in Snow White it was the stepmother and not the birth mother or father who tried to kill her (not to mention that the stepmother had a history of evil, psychopathic behavior).

;)

LovelyPigeon said:
Yes, do notice that in Snow White it was the stepmother and not the birth mother or father who tried to kill her (not to mention that the stepmother had a history of evil, psychopathic behavior).

;)

Note also, that the fathers in these fairytales did NOT come to their daughter's rescue. Rather they appeared oblivious to their daughters' suffering and blinded by the attributes of the beautiful, but evil second wives.

It's mind boggling to think that the so-called intruder was able to mimic every nuance of Patsy's handwriting when he wrote the note. It's also mind boggling to think that after he finished the note and murdered JonBenet, this person crept soundlessly upstairs into John and Patsy's bedrooms, pinched a few fibers from Patsy's jacket and John's black wool shirt, and then returned to the basement, loosened the knot on the neck cord and placed Patsy's jacket fibers in the knot loop and re-tightened it, and then placed the fibers from John's shirt in the crotch area of JonBenet's panties...and vanished without leaving a trace of himself behind, except for a few miniscule specks of degraded DNA.

Ivy, I don't think you could have gotten everything more confused if you'd tried! There have been no matches to the dark fibers found on JonBenét. Patsy's jacket fibers weren't found in the knot loop. And there haven't been any fibers reported found in the crotch of the panties. The DNA has at least 10 markers- quality & quantity for submission to the FBI's CODIS data bank.

As to the ransom note, there aren't any nuances of PR's in there. There isn't a match to her handwriting, either.

LP, you're the one who's confused. The fact is that fibers consistent with fibers from Patsy's jacket were indeed found entwined in the cord knot, and fibers consistent with fibers from John's black wool shirt made in Israel were found in JonBenet's crotch area. As for the DNA sample, it had to be amplified to obtain enough markers for the database, and it is entirely possible that the extra markers are actually nothing more than shadow bands, the result of the amplification process. Don't forget that Sum Yung Gai might have sneezed on the panties during their manufacture, which could also account for the "foreign" DNA. There's also the possiblilty that some other kind of innocent transfer is responsible for the DNA...even lab contamination. So...my advice to all you IDIers is this: Don't count your intruders before they're hatched.

LovelyPigeon said:
Ivy, I don't think you could have gotten everything more confused if you'd tried! There have been no matches to the dark fibers found on JonBenét. Patsy's jacket fibers weren't found in the knot loop. And there haven't been any fibers reported found in the crotch of the panties. The DNA has at least 10 markers- quality & quantity for submission to the FBI's CODIS data bank.

As to the ransom note, there aren't any nuances of PR's in there. There isn't a match to her handwriting, either.

Again, LP, you are playing a semantic game. There were no 'matches' to any fibres because there can't be an exact 'match' to fibres. The best they can say is 'consistent with'.

Now, the police told John Ramsey in a video recorded interview that there were fibres 'consistent with' his shirt found in JBR's underwear/crotch area. The RST dismiss this as false because the police did not show JR the lab report to prove this.

The police also said that there were fibres 'consistent with' Patsy's jacket found in the garotte knot. That is - the jacket she had been wearing during the previous 24 hours. A jury would decide whether than was relevant or not - not the defence.

Regarding the ransom note, it has been done to death that the ransom note is very similar to Patsy's writing. Thanks to *******, we have seen Patsy's handwriting samples and there is no denying the similaritiesn in some of the letter formations. Again, this is an area where experts disagree and that ultimately, a jury would decide.

The intruder theory is the only one that has held up under forensic scrutiny. It is the theory with physical evidence behind it. It is the theory that is being pursued by the Boulder DA's office.

You speak of DNA amplification as if it's a bad thing. It's not. It's one of the scientific tools used everyday in forensics and in research.

Could you please tell us where you get your information that anyone's jacket fibers were inside the knot and fibers from anyone's shirt, much less JR's, were on the crotch of the panties?

Ivy said:
fibers consistent with fibers from John's black wool shirt made in Israel were found in JonBenet's crotch area.
May I refer you to John Ramsey's one-word response to that insinuation.

Again, LP, you are playing a semantic game. There were no 'matches' to any fibres because there can't be an exact 'match' to fibres. The best they can say is 'consistent with'.

Jayelles, you should tell this to Britt.

And you're right, we don't know if there were any such fibers inside the knot or on the crotch of the panties. Kane was under no obligation to tell the truth while questioning John and Patsy, and he provided no evidence to support his inferences. In fact, when challenged he dropped the subject entirely.

The current investigation underway by the DA office's has the reports, interviews, the entire BPD investigation in its possession. I hope at the conclusion of that investigation we hear what actual evidence exists and what was only hinted at and/or exaggerated as technique.

Toth said:
May I refer you to John Ramsey's one-word response to that insinuation.

Are you seriously suggesting that his one word response is proof of anything other than his indignance?

And no interrogator would have stopped there if he really had the cards to back up his bet.

The intruder theory is the only one that has held up under forensic scrutiny. It is the theory with physical evidence behind it.

What?! forensic / physical evidence of an intruder....I don't think so.

The "hair" belongs to Patsy

The "handprint" belongs to Melinda

The "footprint" belongs to Burke

The pad, pen, yada yada, etc. etc. all belong to the Ramseys

The suitcase, blanket (w/matching fibers on JonBenet), semen w/Dr. Suess book belong to JAR

Fibers in the paint tote, cord, etc. consistent with Patsy.

If there was any physical or forensic evidence of an intruder - I'd support the intruder theory.

The rope was used up (and perhaps matched to a sales receipt) - the duct tape was previously used...paint brush handle is Patsy's...

And, BTW, I never hear anyone speaking of fibers found on a brick in the fireplace. It was info many moons ago - wouldn't know where to find it now, so don't ask. But with everyone's knowledge of this case, someone else should remember that. I do, because I thought what a great way to get rid of "left-over" evidence (and the size 6 panties)

Anyway, wha-wha what are you saying?

The items in the house were available to the intruder and he used them. The cord has never been sourced and none like it was found after days of searching the Ramsey's house, cars and property. The duct tape has never been sourced and none like it was ever found in or on anything the Ramseys owned.

The pubic hair on the blanket does not match a Ramsey. The palmprint on the door has not been matched. The partial palmprint on the ransom note has not been matched. The handwriting on the note has not been matched.

The male DNA under JonBenét's fingernails and mixed with her blood in her panties has not been matched.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back