Ransom note analysis

I totally agree, Ames. The author of that RN definitely comes across as someone who didn't express much anger outside of this staged setting (or even in it - IDI say this is a revenge killing, but where is the theme of revenge in that RN? It's conversational bordering on cordial, ffs!!!) and someone who didn't curse. "Two gentlemen" and "advise you to be well-rested", come on!

bring an adequete size attache...almost laughable.

"[SIZE=-1]Then palms of victory, crowns of glory, Palms of victory, I shall wear."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]The above is from an old, southern-gospel song. The extracted line describes the rewards of a Christian, who after suffering on earth and through much weary traveling, finally receives at their death a heavenly victory and gets to wear their crown (rewards for bearing up under the sufferings on earth). [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]This theme is repeated in several Christian beliefs in the South where I grew up.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]How about "Victory! She Bears The Crown" as a possibility for "Victory! S.B.T.C."?[/SIZE]

Hi everyone,

This has been my theory for many years. I believe that "Victory! She Bears the Crown" is the answer to the SBTC riddle. I've posted my theory as to why this was a likely choice for Patsy at the Topix forum. Here is a link to that thread if anyone is interested. I hope that posting links to other forums is allowed here. If not, I apologize:

http://www.topix.net/forum/news/jonbenet-ramsey/T6JAFL0B6GFBRE9PQ/p23

Indigo

I posted this on another forum, that shall remain nameless....that are full of IDI's...and they all said, well...just because a person kills, doesn't mean that they curse. YEAH RIGHT!!! They are so full of morals...that they don't say bad words...BUT they kill. I don't buy that for one second. That note was entirely too nice....and minus the curse words....it SCREAMS FAKE to me. The Ramsey's should have been arrested after the police read that RN. Another thing that gets me is..."MR. RAMSEY"....a rn starting out with "Mr. Ramsey". A real intruder wouldn't have inserted anybody's name at the top, because it is unnecessary. It was IN Mr. Ramsey's home, so of course it was meant for him. The ransom note, was more like a formal letter, with the indentions...and "MR. RAMSEY"...and the signing off at the end...Victory, SBTC, rather than a ransom note.

screams fake note....a formal letter for a Kidnapping?? huh??? come on now...
Did you see the FBI guy on court tv who said,(after he read that so-called 'ransom note' that morning) .."You're going to be finding her body.." He was right.But no one listened.

Hi everyone,

This has been my theory for many years. I believe that "Victory! She Bears the Crown" is the answer to the SBTC riddle. I've posted my theory as to why this was a likely choice for Patsy at the Topix forum. Here is a link to that thread if anyone is interested. I hope that posting links to other forums is allowed here. If not, I apologize:

http://www.topix.net/forum/news/jonbenet-ramsey/T6JAFL0B6GFBRE9PQ/p23

Indigo

thx,that's interesting,I noticed someone said there was no period after the c,but Mark McClish reanalyzed it and said he thought there was one,but it blended into the c from being so close to it.

bring an adequete size attache...almost laughable.

Excuse my language...but why would a real kidnapper give a cr@p what sort of bag the money was in...or if it was an adequate size?? LOL ALMOST laughable?? ...That IS laughable. They would just want the money...who cares how big the bag is, or if it is in an attaché or not. It would be more like...just give me the MONEY!!! I don't care if you bring it in a brown paper sack, pillow case, or a Trick-or-Treat bag. But...an adequate sized attaché??? Yeah, right....every kidnapper/killer that I have ever heard of uses words like that. LOL

Excuse my language...but why would a real kidnapper give a cr@p what sort of bag the money was in...or if it was an adequate size?? LOL ALMOST laughable?? ...That IS laughable. They would just want the money...who cares how big the bag is, or if it is in an attaché or not. It would be more like...just give me the MONEY!!! I don't care if you bring it in a brown paper sack, pillow case, or a Trick-or-Treat bag. But...an adequate sized attaché??? Yeah, right....every kidnapper/killer that I have ever heard of uses words like that. LOL

I know.....ridiculous!!

It's beyond ridiculous, imo. I don't know how anyone could ever read that RN and then look at the way the Rs behaved (as if it wasn't a real threat at all) and think anyone other than the Rs wrote that RN.

I can't believe their amateur attempts have been as successful as they have for all of these years. Poor JonBenet. She meant nothing to them compared to how they valued themselves.

It's beyond ridiculous, imo. I don't know how anyone could ever read that RN and then look at the way the Rs behaved (as if it wasn't a real threat at all) and think anyone other than the Rs wrote that RN.

I can't believe their amateur attempts have been as successful as they have for all of these years. Poor JonBenet. She meant nothing to them compared to how they valued themselves.

On FFJ, Jayelles posted a quote by an FBI Handwriting expert...he said that the note was bogus...which we already know...but, he also said the quote below....and truer words have never been spoken.

"When there's a note at the Ramsey residence, there shouldn't have been a dead child. When there's a dead child at the residence, you shouldn't find a note," he said. "It's totally stupid."

"She Bears The Crown"

I think you can write that explanation in ink. Thank you for pointing that out BOESP and Indigo. That was a great find in DOI, Indigo. They spell it right out.

"...and now she wears the most glorious crown of all, but one we selfishly hadn't wanted her to wear so soon."

"...one we selfishly hadn't wanted her to wear so soon." How could they even think of writing something like this.

"She Bears The Crown"

I think you can write that explanation in ink. Thank you for pointing that out BOESP and Indigo. That was a great find in DOI, Indigo. They spell it right out.

"...and now she wears the most glorious crown of all, but one we selfishly hadn't wanted her to wear so soon."

"...one we selfishly hadn't wanted her to wear so soon." How could they even think of writing something like this.

Well you know Albert, when Patsy was asked how she is handling all of this every day by Det. Haney, she says it is easier for her because she knows she will be joining JB soon and then she says these five words verbatim "....when JonBenet had to go".

Why did she have to go?

Indigo, I've been reading your posts on that thread on the Topix forum. You are good.

You make the comment about Patsy thinking JonBenet's death must have been for a higher purpose. That Patsy truly believes this and isn't faking that belief. I think you have summed up the situation perfectly. We expect to see this family staggered by grief and instead they look like they have just returned from picking berries.

The mind can be an amazing place.

I used to work for a guy who was the most outwordly Christian person I have ever known. I mean he wore his Christianity on both sleeves. I really believe he was a devout Christian. He was also one of the meanest persons I have ever worked with. Truly mean. I guess there are some things for only God to understand.

"She Bears The Crown"

Then shouldn't it have been S.W.T. C.....instead of S.B.T.C.?

You make the comment about Patsy thinking JonBenet's death must have been for a higher purpose. That Patsy truly believes this and isn't faking that belief. I think you have summed up the situation perfectly. We expect to see this family staggered by grief and instead they look like they have just returned from picking berries.

denial is a lovely place...everyone is happy in that nice little place.I think Patsy lived in DenialLand.

I know.....ridiculous!!

I know I posted this once but it is appropriate again - Watching a show on a man who killed his son's teacher and denies and denies and at the end of the show admits it.

He said it is easier to deny it - you almost believe it yourself after a while.

Although I find that hard to believe - it is a murder after all. I think Patsy always knew what she did, but rationalized it because she truly believed she never intentionally did it - and it would do NO GOOD to deprive Burke of a mother.

It's like something you'd say to your husband. My boyfriend never thinks of obvious things like that so I have to spell everything out. There would be no way he would think to bring a bag to the bank if he was withdrawing $118 000. Maybe Patsy just wrote it out of habit, since she was so used to nagging John about obvious things and being in control of his actions. Was she that sort of a woman?

Indigo, I've been reading your posts on that thread on the Topix forum. You are good.

I used to work for a guy who was the most outwordly Christian person I have ever known. I mean he wore his Christianity on both sleeves. I really believe he was a devout Christian. He was also one of the meanest persons I have ever worked with. Truly mean. I guess there are some things for only God to understand.

I know that there is nothing funny about this case, but when I read that line that I have highlighted, I HAD to laugh. That's exactly what they acted like. You know, there was this religious couple, that I heard about on tv, a couple of years ago. They had a wreck and their van caught fire, and EVERY single one of their kids were killed...and I believe there was five of them. And they said that they were okay with it, because it was God's will. So, maybe in some sick, twisted way...the Ramsey's believed this about JB's death. (Even though....imo...they are the ones that caused it).

It's like something you'd say to your husband. My boyfriend never thinks of obvious things like that so I have to spell everything out. There would be no way he would think to bring a bag to the bank if he was withdrawing $118 000. Maybe Patsy just wrote it out of habit, since she was so used to nagging John about obvious things and being in control of his actions. Was she that sort of a woman?

My husband is like that too...LOL

I don't know if Patsy nagged John or not...she did appear to be that type though. She spelled out EVERYTHING in that ransom note..even telling...or rather...advicing John "to be well rested".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge
Back