Rebecca and Max Timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused about all the cars, rental cars and borrowing of cars ...

Whose light gold metallic SUV, IIRC, was photographed in the Spreckels driveway near the garage on the morning RZ was found hanging when LE had secured the property? TIA
Quester - IIRC, that was Rebecca's car in the driveway. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Quester - IIRC, that was Rebecca's car in the driveway. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

IDK - I looked for the photo of the SUV in the driveway the morning RZ was found. The fox5sandiego website series of photos from the early days is no longer available that I could find. I believe one of those was of that SUV in the driveway.

Found the warrant that contained the descriptions of the two autos - following from page 1, line 21:
A Toyota Sequoia, bearing Arizona license plate *******, a white sedan which is parked inside the closed garage, …
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7141256&postcount=1"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Search Warrants Unsealed Shacknai Zahau[/ame]
IIRC, I thought the white sedan in the closed garage was described as belonging to RZ?

If so, could that be JS’ Toyota Sequoia in the driveway?

I also have vague recollections of HL having rented a vehicle and possibly having left it with JS. Could that be HL's rental vehicle?

Ah ... I’m still confused. Can anyone straighten any part of this out for me? TIA

IDK - I looked for the photo of the SUV in the driveway the morning RZ was found. The fox5sandiego website series of photos from the early days is no longer available that I could find. I believe one of those was of that SUV in the driveway.

Found the warrant that contained the descriptions of the two autos - following from page 1, line 21:
A Toyota Sequoia, bearing Arizona license plate *******, a white sedan which is parked inside the closed garage, …
IIRC, I thought the white sedan in the closed garage was described as belonging to RZ?

I also have vague recollections of HL having rented a vehicle and possibly having left it with JS. Could that be HL's rental vehicle?

Ah ... I’m still confused. Can anyone straighten any part of this out for me? TIA
The Toyota SUV was Jonah's.....now he drives a gray Honda SUV.

carindriveway.jpg

Here's a photo of the Toyota Sequoia. Note LE in yellow and pale blue shirts peering at the gate NR didn't touch in the background. This is the car identified as Rebecca's IIRC.

carindriveway.jpg

Here's a photo of the Toyota Sequoia. Note LE in yellow and pale blue shirts peering at the gate NR didn't touch in the background. This is the car identified as Rebecca's IIRC.

The Sequoia was Jonah's, although Rebecca drove it frequently. She had a white WV sedan I believe.

So ... how did JS' Toyota Sequoia SUV end up in the driveway the morning RZ was found hanging? TIA

So ... how did JS' Toyota Sequoia SUV end up in the driveway the morning RZ was found hanging? TIA

Didn't Nina say in her interview that she had borrowed Jonah's car to go back to Coronado on Tuesday evening?

Didn't Nina say in her interview that she had borrowed Jonah's car to go back to Coronado on Tuesday evening?

Oh right ... but what ever happened to HL's rental vehicle?
Wasn't HL's rental vehicle left with JS at Rady?

HL was picked up at the airport by Rebecca, then dropped off at the airport (according to NR's interview). I never heard he rented a car...
IMO HL's boarding passes should have been requested and verified by LE...

Good question.......if HL had a rental, then why did Rebecca have to drop him off at the airport? I even wonder if HL had his own vehicle because he drove from Phoenix, and just left that with Jonah? And since HL's Coronado home is right around the corner on Flora Ave, well, if Jonah had used it that night, then he could have just left it in the drive or garage........IMO.

Good question.......if HL had a rental, then why did Rebecca have to drop him off at the airport? I even wonder if HL had his own vehicle because he drove from Phoenix, and just left that with Jonah? And since HL's Coronado home is right around the corner on Flora Ave, well, if Jonah had used it that night, then he could have just left it in the drive or garage........IMO.

See ... this is why the car situation in this case has always confused me - too many possibilities and not enough facts.

ETA: How did HL get from Rady (?) to his hotel Monday evening?

See ... this is why the car situation in this case has always confused me - too many possibilities and not enough facts.

ETA: How did HL get from Rady (?) to his hotel Monday evening?

Maybe he and Jonah stayed together in the motel near RCH on Monday night?

IP - then are you saying NR lied when she said RZ picked up HL at the airport? Unless we can get a link (not doubting you! just don't think there will be one on MSM), then Lash's timeline will have to continue reflecting NR's statement.

Thank you for clarifying the Sequoia was technically JS' car. We are to believe, though, via NR's interview, that RZ was driving it on her airport runs and would have been the one to leave it in the driveway that night, correct?

And if RZ drove and left JS' SUV in the driveway on Tues eve, what vehicle did NR borrow from JS to drive to Coronado from Rady on Tues eve? TIA

I agree the vehicles and who used them starting Monday July 11th through Wednesday July 13th could hold valuable information. AR stated in her book Jonah was driven to the hospital by LE. Later that night HL drives JS home to shower, pack clothes and make sandwiches. She goes on to state Jonah drove himself back to the hospital.

• When did JS return home Monday evening?
• HL allegedly did not fly in until 10:00pm according to Nina.
• Did HL arrive much sooner than 10:00pm?
• When did HL get a rental or did he?
• Why would Rebecca need to pick up or take HL to the airport if he had a rental?
• How did Dina get to the hospital on Monday?
• Could HL have used Dina's car Monday night, whose car was HL driving?
• Nina says she used Jonah's car to drive home Tuesday night, why not use Dina's?

Jonah said he’d never left Max’s side all that day, not until the doctors told him Monday evening that Max would be having tests for an hour, and sent him home. His best friend, Dr. Howard Luber, drove him there, where he took a quick shower, made some sandwiches, and packed a few personal items. “I drove myself back."

---

Jonah recalled that he got there in time to see his son being loaded into an ambulance, and he’d noted the still-wet splotch of blood on the foyer’s carpet. A patrol officer from the Coronado Police Department had driven him to Sharp Coronado Hospital right behind the ambulance.

Excerpt From: Rule, Ann. “Fatal Friends, Deadly Neighbors.” This material may be protected by copyright.

If this is the car Nina borrowed, then something really seems amiss here. When did it get there? Nina never claims, that I'm aware of, that she also happened to drop off Jonah's car while she was pacing on the porch and walking down the driveway toward the back gate.

I hope I have this straight: was it decided that a white car was Rebecca's and the SUV was Jonah's (but Rebecca drove it). White car may have been in the garage? Or is everyone saying Nina borrowed yet a third car belonging to them?

And if RZ drove and left JS' SUV in the driveway on Tues eve, what vehicle did NR borrow from JS to drive to Coronado from Rady on Tues eve? TIA

I just saw you have the same question, basically.

Yeah, the time *advertiser censored* was viewed is critical. I could believe Adam MIGHT view this kind of *advertiser censored*, but not after he arrived. That doesn't make sense for a couple of reasons. For one, that would have to be after 8 pm wouldn't it? It seems he has no problem viewing *advertiser censored* on his own computer and would have no reason to access Rebecca's unless someone was forcing her to watch it, trying to get her to watch it? It really doesn't make sense to me that Adam was viewing this *advertiser censored* and accessing Rebecca's computer somehow before he arrived that day either.

I think anyone could have driven by the house and have known when Rebecca was gone that day. We know a back door was typically left unlocked now. They may also have known when she was going to be gone for some of the times.

From the timeline Lash has provided, it appears Rebecca must have left home around 3:30 or before and returned home about 8 PM

4:00 PM – Adam Shacknai is picked up at the airport by Rebecca . He has flown in to support his brother during this tremendously horrible time. Rebecca picked up Adam and dropped off XZ during the same trip to the airport that afternoon.
4:00 PM – Nina alleges she and Dina drove to the hospital in Dina's car.
6:00 PM – Adam and Rebecca pick up Jonah and Howard from the hospital. Howard is dropped off at the airport. Jonah, Rebecca and Adam then get some dinner.
8:00 PM – Dina says she returned to the hospital * A discrepancy in the time Dina returned to the hospital. Detectives are told by Dina 8:00 PM. Jonah tells them 6:00 PM. Nina also alleges 4 PM
8:00 PM - After dinner Jonah returns to the hospital.
– Rebecca and Adam return home to Coronado mansion.
– Adam claims this is the last time he saw Rebecca. He went to the guest house, she went to the mansion.
9:00 PM – Nina leaves the hospital. She uses Jonah's car to drive to Dina's home.

BBM - I'm still trying to make sense of these discrepancies. Anyone have a theory?

Just when did AS first arrive at the mansion was it before they went to the hospital, after or both?

REPORTER:
Was there an alarm engaged the night that Rebecca died and could you talk a little bit about when Adam arrived at the house and what he was doing that night?

NEMETH:
Adam and Rebecca got to the house after she had picked him up and brought him to the house so he could sleep. She picked him up at the airport and took him to the hospital so he could be with Jonah. She then picked him up there and brought them back to the house and they parted ways -- he went to the guesthouse and she went the main house. He slept in the guesthouse that night. He woke up, went through his routine getting ready for the day and he walked out and saw her.

http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/index.html

Thanks Lash - everything seems to indicate Adam was not at the house until after 8 pm.

Thanks Lash - everything seems to indicate Adam was not at the house until after 8 pm.

Adam arrived on a Continental flight @ 4:15pm from Memphis, via Houston. They went immediately to RCH, and at that time of day, the traffic would have been heavy, taking 40 minutes or so........163 Northbound (at least to I8) is bumper to bumper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member