Reese Witherspoon: "I Wouldn't Want My Kids To Miss Out On Being Teased Or Bullied"

Well now my daughter who is in first grade is already facing it!:eek: Yesterday she got wind that the little boy next door and another boy who is in her class were threatening,(and I do mean threatening) to chase her down, hold her down, and punch her!:eek: :eek: :eek:

My husband and I alerted her teacher. I don't care if it's only schoolyard talk- I'd rather be the overprotective parent, rather than not have acted should my daughter have been beaten up! My daughter was very scared when she chose to tell my husband about it, she wasn't trying to get these boys in trouble.

Time to teach a solid front kick...:crazy:

Then I would say, stop protecting your child from everything, AND, stop berrating your kid because they didn't do something inconsequential the way you feel it should be done. All still a part of the raising of a child, and it still covers the extremes...that is..don't place your kid on a pedestal, and don't treat your kid like crap.

I may have said this to my dad too if I hadn't been so afraid of him!

Time to teach a solid front kick...:crazy:

Absolutely. As a teacher, I know the best thing is for a child to deal with it successfully him/herself. When I had just started kindergarten my mom looked out the window and saw two boys pushing me down, as a larger group watched. She said she held herself back, as much as she wanted to rescue me. I was a sensitive one, too. Within a few days I was walking to school with all the kids, no problems.

It sometimes gets more complex than this, of course, but I think Reese is saying she wants a normal existence for her kids, where they learn they are not "above the fray," and can stand on their own two feet.

Eve

I'm pretty sure the majority of us know what Reese meant. It just appears that a few in this thread got bullied/teased more than most and take exception to what Reese is saying, and rightfully so. I don't blame anyone for feeling the way they do.

Hey Lina....sorry for what you went thru...
I was never one of the popular crowd, I always took up for others. The bullying/teasing behavior made me SICK!

Thank-you White Rain! :blowkiss: I have just been too busy and exhausted the last few days to respond.

I'm pretty sure the majority of us know what Reese meant. It just appears that a few in this thread got bullied/teased more than most and take exception to what Reese is saying, and rightfully so. I don't blame anyone for feeling the way they do.
While I overall get what Reese was saying, I don't know that "getting bullied and teased" makes you who you are... I think that growing up in the enviroment you grow up in makes you who you are, and those kids have already grown up in luscious homes, with nannies and attendents, ect... I mean, that is what is going to make them who they are, not public school. I think that being raised by the people who raise you makes you who you are.
The influence of a parent who isn't hopping all over the globe with her new boyfriend would mean a lot too. And I am sorry if I sound mean but I haven't seen Reese pictured with her kids in a while, it's always her hubby, Ryan and his new girlfriend.
I used to love Reese, she used to be one of my favs but I think she's been kinda skanky here lately.

I think Reese is a very involved, hands-on mother. I'm sure that her trip with Jake Gyllenhall was when the kids were with their Dad. From my perspective, she's worked pretty hard at being discreet in her relationship (although this bathroom tale just came out, and who knows if that's true?).
I don't know what went on in the bathroom in first-class (nobody really knows), but I'm having a bit of a hard time faulting her for her romance with JG.

imo

If it's pre-arranged that dad would have the kids for the next 'x' months, I don't know why Reese can't go wherever in the world she wants to.

No, kids should not get bullied, but on the other hand we shouldn't blow sunshine up their asses to the point that they think they're entitled to the world.

Head on over to the crimes in the news section and take a gander at the threads where sons blow away their families because their parents said "no".

Lori Drew didn't like her kid getting "bullied" (what 13 year old girls don't have petty squabbles?) and look what happened? She bullied another kid and got her killed.

You can't protect your kids from everything. The result these days is a bunch of wussy super-children who when they hit the real world run straight into a brick wall of disappointment.

These are the kids who end up killing themselves or killing a bunch of other people because they don't know what it's like and can't handle it.

:laugh:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keziah16