Regarding the heart...

Then how did Patsy know it was a heart?

I have no idea, I thought that Haney told her...but, I just went back and re-read the 98 interview....and he did NOT tell her. HMMM..

11 THOMAS HANEY: On the 25th,
12 Christmas, when you put JonBenet to bed, did she
13 have any marks on her?
14 PATSY RAMSEY: Not that I noticed.
15 THOMAS HANEY: Any scratches, cuts,
16 bruises?
17 PATSY RAMSEY: Not that I noticed.
18 THOMAS HANEY: How about, did she
19 have any marks from markers or anything like
20 that?
21 PATSY RAMSEY: I didn't notice
22 anything that night when she went to bed. And,
23 you know, I know there was a red heart on her
24 hand or her forehead. I don't know when that --
25 I mean, you know, I didn't -- I didn't inspect
her when I put her to bed.

(SNIPPED)

4 TRIP DeMUTH: How do you know there
5 was a heart on her hand?
6 PATSY RAMSEY: Because it was on
7 there in the morning, that's why.
8 TRIP DeMUTH: And you remember it
9 from the next morning?
10 PATSY RAMSEY: Uh-hum.
11 TRIP DeMUTH: You saw it the next
12 morning?
13 PATSY RAMSEY: Uh-hum.
14 TRIP DeMUTH: When you say the next
15 morning, did you remember it from the previous
16 evening?
17 PATSY RAMSEY: (Shaking head.) (No
18 response.)

Oh, you don't have to look for it! :) I know the detective told her that, but since it doesn't look like a heart, why did Patsy just go along with him?

Okay--I'm glad you posted it! :) I need to read that again.

Oh, you don't have to look for it! :) I know the detective told her that, but since it doesn't look like a heart, why did Patsy just go along with him?

Beats me...I am guessing that she probably saw it, and then I believe that she read the autopsy report...and saw where the ME said that it was a heart. If she had of said...in her interview...that it was something other than a heart, then Haney would have said...How do you know? Are you the one that drew it? My guess is, that she was trying to imply...when she said that she saw it that morning...that she saw it AFTER John brought JB up...and if she had of said..."OH, that wasn't a heart, that was a smiley face"...then she would have really been questioned about it. "So, your daughter is lying lifeless on the floor, and you are inspecting her hands?" I think that she had probably read the autopsy report, or heard somewhere, that it was a heart...and just went along with it. Didn't want to make waves, if you know what I mean. I think that when she discussed this portion of her interview with John...he probably said..."Patsy, you screwed up!!!! How could you have seen the drawing on her hand THAT MORNING? By the time that you reached the room, we had covered her body". John and Linda A. both covered JB up...to keep Patsy from seeing her. Linda did it first...with a sweatshirt...because she really didn't want Patsy seeing her daughter that way. And John...IMO..did it for show...since Patsy had ALREADY seen her daughter that way. So the next day....Patsy changes her story, to she did NOT see the heart.

I think Patsy read it in the autopsy report, too. I don't even think she actually saw it on JB's hand.

I think she saw it during the staging, too. Then she tried to bluff her away around it. She ALMOST slips up...like when she made the comment about screaming for JR and she "hears him screaming from the basement".

John and Linda A. both covered JB up...to keep Patsy from seeing her. Linda did it first...with a sweatshirt...because she really didn't want Patsy seeing her daughter that way.
I read somewhere that LA didn't think she'd made any mistakes throughout the whole investigation,including giving a copy of the RN and a list of questions such as 'did JB have anything to eat?' to the R's attorneys. HUH???In the interview,JR says he first went to the basement shortly b/f 10am or so..so he didn't even wait the whole 2 hrs for the 'KN' to call.And LA doesn't keep up w. him.And then tells him to search the house without any LE assistance.Then she later flaunts flowers around that were sent to her by the R's,and becomes friends with Patsy,letting her brainwash her.She has a few screws loose,she really does.Plus she wasn't aggressive enough to be in LE,IMO.As in,to heck with the R's friends and such that morning..I'd have gone looking for JR,and I'd have cornered him over not waiting for the phone call !! I'd have probably been screaming at him ! I'm not sure it was such a difficult situation as much as it was LA just had her priorities all wrong.By that I mean the friends can take care of themselves and Patsy,too.Did she think she needed to be there to serve them drinks or something??? :D

I think she saw it during the staging, too. Then she tried to bluff her away around it. She ALMOST slips up...like when she made the comment about screaming for JR and she "hears him screaming from the basement".

The reason I think she saw it in the early morning hours after the murder, was because she said "that was a really good little heart, well drawn". She had to have seen it. When? Probably noticed it when she bent down to see why JB was not moving after she killed her or thought she did, or she saw it in the staging. But she saw it.

The reason I think she saw it in the early morning hours after the murder, was because she said "that was a really good little heart, well drawn". She had to have seen it. When? Probably noticed it when she bent down to see why JB was not moving after she killed her or thought she did, or she saw it in the staging. But she saw it.

Since ...to me...it is hard to tell exactly WHAT it is, on her hand. I believe that Patsy saw it that morning...(as she had orginally said)...during the staging..or while trying to revive her. My guess would be that she probably didn't know exactly what it was....until she read the report. I mean, how can ANYBODY look at that drawing and say that it was a "well drawn little heart"? When just about everybody that I know, sees something different when they look at it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back