Reports of Physical Abuse of Zahra by Elisa

I kinda got the impression that EB's sister was more concerned with how this made her look than anything..........maybe the me me me runs in the family.

I kinda got the impression that EB's sister was more concerned with how this made her look than anything..........maybe the me me me runs in the family.

I kinda got the impression Nancy Grace got that impression too...for once I was cheering her on.

There was a FB page early on that has since been taken down. Lots of EB's family members were posting there as well as Karen B and her friends and family. On one of the discussion boards there two people mentioned that DSS has been called about EB 81 times since 1991.

I have not seen that this was already posted.
Interview with Ms. Brittany Bently the wife of Elisa Baker's nephew and Brittany's mother, Ms. Kim Drum.
http://www.wbtv.com/global/link.asp?l=461183
If mods consider it deserves a new thread, please fell free to open it and move this post there.

I think the blood relative comments were meant as a slur to BB more than anything else. Isn't BB the girlfriend to EB's nephew? Is this nephew AF's son? or at least AF's nephew also? If this is the case, as I think I read somewhere, I think AF was just throwing out an insult at BB. She was hostile about her throughout the interview anyway. I think AF was saying BB is not a blood relative therefore BB has no right to voice her opinion in public.

AF is delusional and EB is depraved. There's no telling what kind of family secrets will come out with this situation.

This may sound crazy but everytime something happens that would have upset my Mom, my first thought is "thank God she's dead." Of course I miss her but I am so glad she doesn't have to worry and can't be hurt by anyone again. I feel the same way about Zahra. I'm not happy she's dead but I am glad she is out of the clutches of those truely evil souls. She can't be hurt again and she hasn't had that freedom in a very long time.

Well, there wasn't any member of ZAHRA'S blood family around, except for her sorry excuse for a father. And to be quite frank, I don't really care what Elisa Baker's family didn't see. I'm guessing they didn't see a whole lot, since they don't appear to think too highly of her. Doubt they were all hanging out at her house on a weekly basis. So if they mean they didn't see any abuse when, out of obligation, they had to run presents by the house on Christmas...BIG WHOOP.

JMO

I'm getting the impression that there is a kind of family code that blood doesn't go against blood-IMO that is one of the reasons why EB's daughter was shaking as she testified at the bond hearing and said she would have to leave the state if her mother got out.
It's not that unusual-we've seen it time after time in cases like the Anthony's and their daughter, the Petersons and their son, the Cummings and their son-the list goes on.....where blood stands by blood to the point of delusional thoughts and striking out at the outside (non-blood) people who come forward with the truth.
It's just that this crime is so horrific that it is mind boggling that a sister of a woman who is spilling her guts and showing LE places where pieces of a dismembered child have been discarded would take the time to come on air to refute abuse charges because BB had the nerve to speak up and also drag the "blood" nephew into this mess!
One last thought-Little Zahra was a NON-BlOOD relative-I wonder if EB's sister would have believed her if she told her she was being hurt?:banghead:

HICKORY, N.C. – The ex-husband of Zahra Baker’s stepmother says he suspected the 10-year-old was being abused and reported it to Social Services last February.

"I didn't see physical abuse firsthand,” Young said. “I seen some bruises on her and she would basically say the same thing Elisa said. She'd fall, she tripped and fell into the sink one time. I guess people just believed it because Zahra was telling the same thing that Elisa was and Zahra loved Elisa like her own mother.”

More at:
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/01/20/1995556/man-says-he-feared-zahra-was-abused.html

Please discuss comments made by AY during his interview about possible abuse in the Baker home here.

FaerieB's transcript of the relevant passages:

JM: Aaron spent a lot of time with Elisa, Adam and Zahra and said Elisa was jealous of attention Zahra received.

AY: I didn't see phsycial abuse first-hand. I've seen some bruises and stuff on her, and she would basically say the same thing Elisa would say. You know, she'd fall or she tripped and fell into the sink one time.

JM: He said he reported the abuse to Social Services. Aaron also said he found out Zahra was missing when everyone else did.

AY: My first thought was she ran away because of all the emotional abuse and stuff. That was my hopes anyway; I'd hoped she ran away.

The comments came from this interview:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125732"]Interview with Aaron Young Jennifer Moxley News 14 2011.01.19 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Here are a couple other threads related to this topic, which might be of interest:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120095"]Baker Family Dynamics - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119993"]''Blood family" Never saw abuse. - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

HICKORY, N.C. – The ex-husband of Zahra Baker’s stepmother says he suspected the 10-year-old was being abused and reported it to Social Services last February.

..what i don't understand is----if he reported this february 2010 ( and we've also seen comments by AY that he called the police----and DSS---AND the SBI)----to do all 3, it must have been fairly serious stuff that he was witness to/had him make all of these calls/write letters.

..to then go on to say he hadn't seen zahra/the bakers (except in passing) "since february"-----after writing these letters TO get help for zahra, there was no follow up??

..THIS was the time in her life that he decided would be the time to basically leave this "perfect child" as he calls her, on her own?

..you would think if he contacted LE and DSS and the SBI that it would be something a person would continue to follow through on ??

..in the thread here where AY was answering questions, he did say that he had a falling out with EB, in february, b/c she had his precription meds cut off.

..i think his calls to DSS etc. were in retaliation to that----which may or may not have been resolved------but, apparently after his one attempt to get zahra some help in february, he then had nothing to do with the entire family-----zahra included.

AY said EF was fully capable of pulling this crime off - he didn't see Zahra physically abused but was fully aware of severe (my interpretation) emotional abuse - being left in her room most of the time, given a time limit on coming out of her room to eat, EF being jealous of the love and attention Zahra received.

AY saw bruises, but Zahra covered for EF - I had the feeling (originally) that most people did not believe the stories of where the bruises came from, that most people were aware that EF was abusive. Heaven knows there were enough calls to CPS / DCFS when EF's children were young (and they were very young when AY moved in).

AY also said he thought Zahra had run away from home, due to the abuse. She was 10 years old!! Where would a ten year old, with no other family in the whole dang country run to???

This makes me so VERY ANGRY! :furious: :furious: And also very, very sad.

Due to hearing loss I am dependent on watching for emotions to help follow a conversation - having read FaerieB's wonderful transcripts, AY's visible clues did not match his words well at all - I feel the interview was very stressful for him, but watching his expressions, he could have been talking about the weather. Having read some very emotional comments he has written on the net, I was very surprised by his (almost) flat affect.

Do we know which act came first; AY writing a letter / notifying LE of the abuse or EF calling AY's doctor, getting his Rx's cut off? The comments that EF put out on her FB / MS pages during the time (people needing to mind their business etc) could go either way.

LCoastMom--

..AY said that he "hoped" that she had run away.

..why on earth would anyone 'hope' a child had run away from home?? to get away from what??

..and why would he have this 'hope', in october, when he hadn't even been around EB/AB since february? and had NEVER beeen to the hickory house (that EB/AB/Z had lived in since late august ??)

..if you see a child being abused and make a report, it just makes sense that you'd follow up to see some action taken.
..(do they follow up with the caller on action taken?)

..as late as oct.8th, the day before she 'went murdered' AY wrote a caption on a (january) pic he had: (thanks Mrs.G. for the pic/captions).

” look at zahra she looks stoned lol, I miss bein around her she is so sweet and polite, she deserves a hell of a better life!! Wish they would just sign her over to us lol”

..in october, he's STILL thinking she has a bad life??

..is there no way to follow up and see what's being done between a call to DSS (and LE and the SBI) in february----until 8 months later??

..i DO believe he made the call in feb.--(for himself)----i don't believe it had anything to do with zahra unfortunately, or he would have stuck with it and made sure something was done........for her. IMO.

I can understand the "hope she ran away" comment, in light of the fact that a child living in an abusive home suddenly goes "missing". Her having run away certainly wouldn't have been the ideal scenario, but a much better one than the reality.

I'm giving AY a pass on this comment. But that's just me.

As for the DSS letter...I have no earthly clue what AY's motivation for that might have been. I do, however, know that in certain circles, a call to DSS is often "payback". Not saying that was the case here, like I said, I have no way of knowing one way or the other...but, I wouldn't discount the possibility either.

..as late as oct.8th, the day before she 'went murdered' AY wrote a caption on a (january) pic he had: (thanks Mrs.G. for the pic/captions).

” look at zahra she looks stoned lol, I miss bein around her she is so sweet and polite, she deserves a hell of a better life!! Wish they would just sign her over to us lol”...

I haven't seen the image that the caption matches, nor have I read the caption until now, so I'm responding purely to the words with my reaction. What I find concerning about this is that AY made the comment on a public, social forum that Zahra looked "stoned". To me that's an extraordinary thing to say. Maybe "tired" or "dreamy", but "stoned"? Why? My first thought is that being stoned was a part of their culture. Consider that Elisa had installed the social application "Pass A Joint" on her facebook page! I feel it's a highly inappropriate thing to say about a young child. If he was truly worried that she WAS stoned, then I doubt he would have typed "lol". So my feeling is he thought it was funny to joke about it (whether Zahra actually was stoned or not). Quite disturbing.

In the warrants it states DSS was out to EB and AY's home many times regarding reports of abuse to her children in the time frame she was living with and married to AY.

How did he not expect abuse if DSS was investigating these allegations? I don't buy it. Just MOO of course.

Besides whats already been stated here and in in the original interviews post. Not that it means anything but I find it a bit interesting AY decided to speak the day after the briefcase was found in the woods. I don't think anything he said helped the investigation and there was no talk of his brother or cousins.

Do we know who contacted who? Did Jennifer Moxley call AY or did AY contact her?:waitasec:

More at:
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/01/20/1995556/man-says-he-feared-zahra-was-abused.html

Please discuss comments made by AY during his interview about possible abuse in the Baker home here.

It appears that many people informed DSS of the alleged abuse Zahra was receiving...but they, DSS, dropped the ball big time, IMO...they should have done a more detailed investigation. It all goes back to DSS and how they failed Zahra as did her own father...but AY stated that Zahra went along with that EF has stated and that Zahra loved her like her own mother. Fear would have this precious child not tell the truth of her abuse or the extent of it..I await murder charges...why is it taking so long???

JMHO

Justice for Zahra

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1