Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
:seeya:

Just marking my spot on the new thread !

:tantrum: I'm still ticked that there will be NO cameras for the re-trial of the penalty phase ...

:please: Justice forTravis !

I don"t think the judge has decided that yet. I believe her ruling will be by end of this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don"t think the judge has decided that yet. I believe her ruling will be by end of this week.

:seeya: Oh, Thank You !

I thought the ruling was final.

Well ... I can still hope and :please: for cameras !

:seeya:

Just marking my spot on the new thread !

:tantrum: I'm still ticked that there will be NO cameras for the re-trial of the penalty phase ...

:please: Justice forTravis !

Too dog gone cute you marking your spot! :D

doggy-datez-by-marking-your-territory-youre-taking-ownership-of-an-area-200m-radius-in-the-physical-world-and-seeing-who-else-visits-your-dogs-spot.jpg

Marking my spot as well.... and also hoping cameras will be allowed. I think the arguments by the media attorneys are pretty simple and clear cut. We shall see.

Marking my spot as well.... and also hoping cameras will be allowed. I think the arguments by the media attorneys are pretty simple and clear cut. We shall see.

ITA - the media attorney made a great case.. especially since the only argument the defense was making, as far as I could tell from tweet updates, was that we all need to band together and protect poor, clueless CMJA from herself. Here's an idea... how about your client keeps quiet outside of court (no interviews, no twitter) and maybe you'd have an argument for not having cameras inside of court.

I was really floored when he said she needs to be saved from herself. How is that anyone's problem? You know who really needed the saving? Travis.

What do you think poor clueless CMJA was prepared to tell the judge as to her reason for retiring? Her statement probably did not include admiration for her team of attorneys. Perhaps that the prosecution was making her mitigation (and stealth defense) difficult.

What do you think poor clueless CMJA was prepared to tell the judge as to her reason for retiring? Her statement probably did not include admiration for her team of attorneys. Perhaps that the prosecution was making her mitigation (and stealth defense) difficult.

LOL There's no doubt in my mind she would have laid it on pretty thick that Juan is just so mean and she couldn't possibly go up against such a bully. It's a shame - I would have paid money to sit back and watch that show! :popcorn:

ITA - the media attorney made a great case.. especially since the only argument the defense was making, as far as I could tell from tweet updates, was that we all need to band together and protect poor, clueless CMJA from herself. Here's an idea... how about your client keeps quiet outside of court (no interviews, no twitter) and maybe you'd have an argument for not having cameras inside of court.

I was really floored when he said she needs to be saved from herself. How is that anyone's problem? You know who really needed the saving? Travis.

I was floored as well! Is this indicative of how exhausted Nurmi must be in regard to this case?

I wondered what her argument was as well. I suppose we don't get to know???

I was floored as well! Is this indicative of how exhausted Nurmi must be in regard to this case?

I'm sure Nurmi and JSS and JM all have CMJA fatigue, and I'm sure their weariness of her pisses her off....less than her due, and all that.

What she doesn't seem to understand is that the system isn't going to hold her hand and treat her as an innocent ever again.

Sure those involved will do their job to determine her punishment. But that is sooooo different than having to put on those kid gloves and pretend she's just like everyone else till proven guilty.

Maybe ol' Patty Womack has all her shady drug and financial "issues" taken care of so she can testify? And since Daryl did all that "face time" on MSM, I don't see an issue with his face NOT being blurred out.
digg-in-smiley.gif

Yeah, right.

Watched the 2nd day of the penalty phase, all 17 something minutes of it from May 20. "Motion for Mistrial": MSM live trial coverage, un-sequestered jury, witness intimidation, "stoning", "witch hunt", threats..........and then the ever present "motion to withdraw".

Wilmont and Nurmi had plenty of time, albeit YEARS, to put on their "big boy pants", it's NOT like this is their first rodeo. Or maybe they just need t-shirts?
einstein1-smiley.gif

:gaah: Wonder if CMJA is going to give another allocution? Those are always fun, she can say anything she wants because she is neither sworn under oath or subject to cross by the Prosecution. Wonder what gems she's going to pull out?
cavitysearch-smiley.gif

I am so happy JSS knocked down CMJA's ex parte. She has no right to an ex parte with the judge, omitting Juan. I can't believe the retrial will last til Christmas. Bummer. I agree with the media attorney & Juan especially, when he said The convict is trying to control the what the media & allow only what the killer wants. Like she was so worried during her three post conviction interviews. Or, during "48 hrs". Who can lie like that? Only a sociopath. The State of Arizona OWNS her now, & we the People have a right to see the trial. Also, how gross is selling her glasses? Yuck!

Maybe ol' Patty Womack has all her shady drug and financial "issues" taken care of so she can testify? And since Daryl did all that "face time" on MSM, I don't see an issue with his face NOT being blurred out.
digg-in-smiley.gif

Yeah, right.

Watched the 2nd day of the penalty phase, all 17 something minutes of it from May 20. "Motion for Mistrial": MSM live trial coverage, un-sequestered jury, witness intimidation, "stoning", "witch hunt", threats..........and then the ever present "motion to withdraw".

Wilmont and Nurmi had plenty of time, albeit YEARS, to put on their "big boy pants", it's NOT like this is their first rodeo. Or maybe they just need t-shirts?
einstein1-smiley.gif

:gaah: Wonder if CMJA is going to give another allocution? Those are always fun, she can say anything she wants because she is neither sworn under oath or subject to cross by the Prosecution. Wonder what gems she's going to pull out?
cavitysearch-smiley.gif

I've wondered about witnesses for the defense too, Bernina. Apparently they've had a tough time procuring some. Now there's supposed to be an expert witness in addition to others. Who could these people be?

I've wondered about witnesses for the defense too, Bernina. Apparently they've had a tough time procuring some. Now there's supposed to be an expert witness in addition to others. Who could these people be?

I read on the BWH thread that one of the witnesses he used is one Jodi also plans to use. He basically talked about how things from his past affected him and why he deserves mercy. All that mitigation stuff. If it's any consolation, Juan had a very easy time dismantling him.

Someone Juan wouldn't be able to discredit, so......that kind of narrows the field to just about nobody. Someone may be "expert" in their field, but nobody is an "expert" on Jodie, except the man she murdered as far as I'm concerned.

And look what happened to him.
sad-smiley.gif

I read on the BWH thread that one of the witnesses he used is one Jodi also plans to use. He basically talked about how things from his past affected him and why he deserves mercy. All that mitigation stuff. If it's any consolation, Juan had a very easy time dismantling him.

Yep, the Bryan Hulsey trial. Another Juanderful trial we missed because the camera crews couldn't get their stuff together!
dis-like-smiley.gif

I bet JA just wanted to make a record (again) that the judge should have fired Nurmi and that she was proceeding with Nurmi as counsel under duress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname