Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have seen and watched JA long enough to know she revels in inflicting pain on others. She does it with purpose each and every time. It shows how cold and calculating she is.

That is why as an afterthought she threw the abuse into the mix and the false pedophilia claim. She was strategizing on how to hurt the victim and his family the most. She means to hurt everyone she hurts. No one gets away from the wrath of a sociopath. They are always thinking of calculating ways to grind victims into the dirt. They will even do it to someone they have slaughtered like Arias did Travis.

She knows very well how to hurt the Alexander family and she also thinks the false claims against Travis will destroy his character. She does everything decisively. Slaughtering Travis was never enough for Arias. She had to take other steps to punish him even in death.

She is calculating and diabolical. She is fully cognizant of every hurt she imposes on others.

BTW, every time I read what Juan said in court I always hear the "Rocky' theme song in my mind.:D Gosh I wish we could see him in action again. And this time he is going to let it all come out no matter if Nurmi objects a gazillion times. JM is going to show the jury the REAL JA.

And Nurmi looks much older and haggard than last time from the photo I have seen of him. But struggling to work with someone like Arias would take a toll on anyone I suspect.

IMO

Exactly. She may not be able to comprehend their pain but she knows every time she does certain things she digs the knife in a little deeper and she enjoys that. Jodi's the kind that enjoys more than anything getting a reaction from people, positive or negative. We saw this in her dealings with Travis. It makes her feel significant and it makes her feel good to know she's a blip on their radar. She likes to drive people crazy and then pretend it's all them and they're the crazy ones.

Jodi is aware of this family. She stares at them in court, she mimics every action they make to steal the spotlight away from them, as well as learning what she needs to do to appear genuine. Everything the siblings said in allocution she had to one up them in hers (anyone who followed the last sentencing will know exactly why I mean). Yes, she does this because the feelings and wants and needs of others come far behind her own. But she enjoys the waves she's made. Which is why she continues to devise ways to keep making them from her little cell in solitary confinement.

Thanks for the response. I'll follow it here and on Beth Karas. Sure wish it was live on TV so I could see everyone's demeanor and facial expressions. I pray that JA gets the DP.

I'm one of the few, but I like Nurmi and think he's doing a great job. With this nightmare of a client, he'll be a winner if there is no DP.

He'll be a winner.......of what?

Nurmi's not so bad. He's doing what he can and for someone who wants out of there he sure is fighting for her.

I was thinking of this last night. She is getting very competent counsel. Defense attorneys have a legal and ethical obligation to vigorously defend their clients, despite what they may personally think of them. They take an oath and it's part of the rules of being an attorney. It's not a calling that anyone can do, that's for sure. But if one considers the really big picture--which is the U.S. Constitution and the fact that the government has to be held accountable and prove the charges brought AND consider it's an adversarial system, on purpose, then you can sort of understand the why there has to be defense attorneys. That doesn't mean it's ok to kill someone (and please don't misconstrue what I'm saying), and that doesn't mean it's a good idea to trash the victim (that's never a good idea), but when you put someone away in prison or give them the harshest possible sentence, you want to know they've had a good defense. And Arias has had that.

In this case "winning" = keeping the client off of death row. This has nothing to do with personal feelings. He may secretly want her to get the DP, but unless he is willing to be disbarred, he has to give her or any client the best chance he can, pushing as hard as he can, even when the client is pure slimy evil. The U.S. Constitution doesn't care how worthy or unworthy a defendant is. And let's not forget that lawyers push and it's up to the judge to make sure the laws are followed in their courtroom and set up the legal boundaries around that.

Photo of DT & JA from yesterday:

B0giVc5IYAAtYWF.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/David_Lohr

as disgusting as the subject matter is, I'm glad Juan is getting ahead of the lurid pictures and presenting them in the most accurate way possible, that is, he's putting them up there for the jury to see and making sure they know she was not only a participant but the instigator as well. He's pre-empting the defense from showing them as abuse photos. Brilliant! He's setting the pace for the technical facts so he keeps the jury engaged and horrified by Jodi's atrocities.

And my wednesday morning schadenfreude... from the still photos i see the killer is going gray. In jail. lol. that is all.

:seeya: Good Morning, Y'all !

DAY 2 of the Re-Trial of the Penalty Phase ... NEVER EVER thought this day would come !

:please: JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS !!!

Bringing over YESorNO's List of Tweeters:

Originally Posted by YESorNO (As far as I know) Tweeting Live #jodiarias

Monica Lindstrom ‏@monicalindstrom

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq

Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner

KTAR News on 92.3 ‏@KTAR923

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ

AZ Family ‏@azfamily

Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision

Juan sure isn't afraid to get down 'n dirty. I've always thought he sort of doesn't mind the smut at all. Not in the way Nurmi does it, which is pure slime. But Juan has a certain side to him that he's okay using, and some of the really puerile language is something he's not uncomfortable using, and I suspect in his own life he doesn't shy away from it either. Just a hunch.... ;)

I can help post tweets today!
I'll post from Nancy, Troy, Monica and Eric.

Juan sure isn't afraid to get down 'n dirty. I've always thought he sort of doesn't mind the smut at all. Not in the way Nurmi does it, which is pure slime. But Juan has a certain side to him that he's okay using, and some of the really puerile language is something he's not uncomfortable using, and I suspect in his own life he doesn't shy away from it either. Just a hunch.... ;)

I think Juan is just a honest, no nonsense, 'out there' kind of guy. And if its the truth, no matter if it is salacious, he has no problem saying what was said.

If its something Arias said to Travis then Juan sure isn't going to sugarcoat it but say it just like it was said.

That is one of the many things I adore about Juan. He never pussyfoots around nor takes the case lightly and he never rearranges the truth of what was said either.

imo

Thanks for all of the tweets yesterday. I'm working and lurking again today, completely buried in work.

Thanks for all of the tweets yesterday. I'm working and lurking again today, completely buried in work.

Me too and don't you just hate it when work gets in the way of WS time???

Nancy Grace ‏@NancyGraceHLN 44m44 minutes ago
Day #2 of the #JodiArias death penalty re-trial! Here's your front row seat to live updates from inside the courtroom all day.

Nancy Grace ‏@NancyGraceHLN now58 minutes ago
Court is expected to resume around 12:30 pm ET today. #JodiArias

I have Jen, Wild about Trial and Nancy Grace tweets all bookmarked.

Today will be interesting!!

as disgusting as the subject matter is, I'm glad Juan is getting ahead of the lurid pictures and presenting them in the most accurate way possible, that is, he's putting them up there for the jury to see and making sure they know she was not only a participant but the instigator as well. He's pre-empting the defense from showing them as abuse photos. Brilliant! He's setting the pace for the technical facts so he keeps the jury engaged and horrified by Jodi's atrocities.

And my wednesday morning schadenfreude... from the still photos i see the killer is going gray. In jail. lol. that is all.

I share your schadenfreude (such an excellent word): her face is getting saggy, too. (And this from a poster who is grey and saggy!) :shame:

I think Juan is just an honest, no nonsense, 'out there' kind of guy. And if its the truth, no matter if it is salacious, he has no problem saying what was said.

Yes exactly. He's not shy, and he certainly doesn't shy from the truth no matter what it is.

Nancy Grace retweeted
Joe Arpaio ‏@RealSheriffJoe 14h14 hours ago
Got a visit from Nancy Grace who is covering the Arias trial and gave her some pink underwear

B0hBe5HIQAAKLIA.jpg

Dr Horn (hubba-hubba) will be on the stand today. I'm sure he'll make an impression on the female jurors. He certainly did on me (and many, many other women who followed the last session). Sorry but sometimes you just have to swim in the shallow end of the pool, even amid a horrific, brutal case. Dr. Horn's hotness will not be denied!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname