Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching Nancy now. First caller sounds like he knows what he is talking about then suggests Travis bled over the sink after his throat was cut. Can't they get more accurate callers?

I said the same thing last night...I can't believe some of the things people call in and say. But...for HLN it's all about the ratings and "shock value."

I actually miss JVM. Now all we have is NG. I like Nancy, but I also liked Jane. The more coverage of this phase of the trial the better, but I don't always care for the people Nancy has on her show. Since we're having to rely on reporters right now, I think the more variety we have the better.

Reviewing yesterday....

I'm convinced JA is largely responsible for the content of Nurmi's opening statement. That Travis loved her. That she was horrified she had killed the man she loved. What a sophomoric, high drama , delusional , nonsensical story. Hers.

Not to mention the vastly embellished tall tale of her father's abuse. Definitely reaching for the Baez defense on that one, eh?

Sharp observations. Arias is using this, as she did after the murder, to paint her fantasy version of the relationship. She thinks it gives her a link to him, ownership, validation. She glowed when she talked about Travis in interviews after her arrest. She was out of his life but his death was her platform. Now her name will forever be linked to his, maybe more than some marriages, in her sick mind. She is enjoying every second of this.

Been trying to keep up with this and the terror in Canada. But, my issue today is the receipts. Why does the sexual angle always have to be sensationalized?

The condoms on the day of arrest? WTH does this have to do with anything?

Yes pretty much. But Beth Karas is live reporting from her website and she's probably the best to follow.

A lot of us will be posting the tweets here if you want it all in one place.

Some good twitter people to follow are:

Jen's Trial Diaries
Monica Lindstrom
Troy Hayden
Nancy Grace
Erick Davidson
Beth Karas

You can also search #jodiarias on twitter to find any other relevant tweeters.
I'll add Michael Kiefer and David Lohr.

I understand some negative sentiments, but meh, I still read the tweets.

I said the same thing last night...I can't believe some of the things people call in and say. But...for HLN it's all about the ratings and "shock value."

I agree re JVM. I think better quality callers (screened for accuracy) and guests would improve the programme. Or just employ a panel from WebSleuths as consultants. The depth of knowledge here is impressive.

Been trying to keep up with this and the terror in Canada. But, my issue today is the receipts. Why does the sexual angle always have to be sensationalized?

The condoms on the day of arrest? WTH does this have to do with anything?

Hi Elle Elle. I think they are trying to prove there is no remorse and she is ready and preparing for next her sexual experience, shortly after committing the murder.

I think Juan is also gearing up for Jodi's poor me virgin act. She claims that with Travis, she just wanted to be a good little Mormon girl and he led her astray, practically forcing the idea of sex on her. This is just inconsistent with normal behavior. We are expected to believe she was sexually aggressive before Travis, a wilting flower with someone she supposedly was in love with, then was again sexually ready to go after his murder? At her hands, no less, which, yeah, seems to speak to a lack of remorse. Too many think Juan is simply *advertiser censored* shaming Jodi. Not so!

Please keep the comments about the Beth's website in the proper thread so Admin can keep track of them.

Anyone have a guess how long this trial will go?

And no videos till the end right?

Ive always been curious about the type of knife used and how JA knew to use one that would not have the blade break. Or to not use one that is a normal flip open without it having a lock-back or being a fixed blade, because it could flip closed on her fingers if it was just a regular flip open without a locking back.
The wounds were so deep too, it had to have a large blade.

It makes me wonder if she researched the type of knife to obtain in advance. We do know she obtained the stolen gun in advance.

Coming from a family that owned and operated restaurants and working as a waitress, CMJA would have had access to some of the best knives available. Incredibly sharp, perfectly weighted in the handle, and molded grips.
Her comment to Flores while she was still in California about her bloody handprint was something along the lines of "I would have worn gloves" and she really seemed to be a bit surprised/shocked. Was there any other latent prints of CMJA that were recovered from the scene? Not that we've been told of. Not in the bathroom, bedroom, or on the washer or dryer. And what do most restaurants now require? Why latex gloves of course. Boxes of gloves bought in bulk.

I was just thinking about how weird Nurmi's driver license defense was, trying to say she was brunette in her DV picture. What difference would it make? Even if she was brunette at the time of the DV photo (clearly wasn't?) she without a doubt became a blonde at some time after that. How does this help prove she was a brunette when she rented the car?

Hi Elle Elle. I think they are trying to prove there is no remorse and she is ready and preparing for next her sexual experience, shortly after committing the murder.
:seeya:

I think that was proven immediately after she went to see Ryan Burns.

I think Juan is also gearing up for Jodi's poor me virgin act. She claims that with Travis, she just wanted to be a good little Mormon girl and he led her astray, practically forcing the idea of sex on her. This is just inconsistent with normal behavior. We are expected to believe she was sexually aggressive before Travis, a wilting flower with someone she supposedly was in love with, then was again sexually ready to go after his murder? At her hands, no less, which, yeah, seems to speak to a lack of remorse. Too many think Juan is simply *advertiser censored* shaming Jodi. Not so!
IMO, she was overlysexual/promiscuous pre and post Travis. It was not her first rodeo and Travis was just going with Jodi's antics because his needs were being met in that department.

A good juror question: Have you had anal sex prior to meeting Travis?

IMO, she was overlysexual/promiscuous pre and post Travis. It was not her first rodeo and Travis was just going with Jodi's antics because his needs were being met in that department.

A good juror question: Have you had anal sex prior to meeting Travis?
And we know the answer to that. She def had

From @TomTingle.

Juan depicting a stabbing motion towards Dr. Horn.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414027834240.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414027834240.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 233
Right, she kept some receipts thinking she was smarter than everyone else by having a paper trail, but made sure to get rid of the gun and knife, made sure to make a phone call leaving a message after, and having a place to stay lined up... she never denied she was going on a trip, she just didn't count on Juan putting all her pieces together.

I have always thought part of why she slit his throat, and shot him was all in an attempt to "add" to the scene making it appear like it was more than one person, or more like a hired/experienced kill, and then the ninja story. She thought it out, she just isn't as smart as she thinks she is. Just my opinion

They need to show Sandy Arais's interview with Detective Flores. She tells him that Jodi offered those receipts are proof she hadn't been in Arizona.

That is a look of Contempt,imo....creepy

not sure why the picture of Jodi didn't attach, but it was in reference to the picture that shows her looking at the Jury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smamda