Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 31s32 seconds ago
Typo: Judge ordered NO camera in court today. I'm getting clarification on if that means no video ever. #secretclub #JodiArias

Hey everyone, good morning, OK so I think I understand, after the jury comes back with their decision, this judge has two months to sentence the murderer. If the jury decides on the DP could this judge change it to LWOP?

No, I don't think she can do that -- legally.

However, violating the Constitution or plain-as-the-nose-on-your-face state law doesn't seem problematic for this judge, so...

Wait, She can just order no cameras at whim? I thought the order was that it was to be filmed but only played after trial was over?

This whole case is irritating.

No cameras suggests stripes which suggests no jury which says JSS may have ceded yet another day.

I personally think this should have been lwop after the first trial. I think this added court case just adds to her "fame" and not to justice. I would also be petitioning lawmakers to make it a one shot deal.

I am so sorry for the Alexander family and friends but in the end this is just going to be another circus. Not about Travis but about her. If she had LWOP she would be all but forgotten by now.

:seeya: Morning Y'all !

:drumroll: Wow ... there will be court today.

Just saw a tweet from WAT:

WildAboutTrial @ WildAbout Trial - 9 min

Judge Stephens ordered no camera today in the #JodiArias trial.

Bad hurrr day for Jodi?

:gaah: So WHAT are they hiding ?
The judges sheer incompetence, I'm guessing.

Watch, the media will be kicked out next

:seeya: I was going to post just what you said above, then I saw your post !

Yes . . . and I will NOT be surprised !

I will say it again: WHAT are the DT/JSS hiding that they do NOT want cameras in there today ?

:gaah:

106 members and guests -- even WS lurkers are giving up on justice for Maricopa County murder victims in JSKS' court.

From WAT:

WildAboutTrial @ WildAboutTrial – 2 min

#JodiArias David Bodney (media attorney) fighting media motion now.

I will say it again: WHAT are the DT/JSS hiding that they do NOT want cameras in there today ?

Sue is camera shy? :bodyguard:

Why is it so hard to copy a tweet now? What have they done up in Twitter Heaven?

If anybody wants to know why secrecy in the courtroom is a bad idea, you put it in a single sentence: what are they hiding? We shouldn't have to speculate.

Why is it so hard to copy a tweet now? What have they done up in Twitter Heaven?

:seeya: I'm having the same problem that I had on Monday. When you copy, it goes to the next page.

But I will keep trying !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member