Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought a lot last night about what bothered me so much about yesterday's testimony and this retrial in general. Besides the obvious.

What I find most objectionable is the magnitude of the invasion of a defenseless murder victim's privacy. I understood the good faith comment about hoping Travis had time to repent as he was being slaughtered.

What I can't abide is that this trial has taken us to a place where we, people who never knew him, are discussing whether or not Travis had anything for which to repent, and whether or not he repented. Is there anything more private than what someone has to say to God? I don't think so.

The same with the endless sickening discussion of Travis and sex. Again, what a terrible violation of his privacy! I fail to see why his family would find it supportive of them to have folks analyzing the what's and it's and when's of Travis' sex life. It has to be an utter nightmare for them know that is happening.

I know that nothing we say or do here affects what happens in the trial or the people directly involved. But there have been too many days, for me, where it felt like to even listen to the hateful ugly lies being told by her to destroy innocents was to be complicit somehow. Really, like being a bystander to a crime. Its a terrible feeling.

Thanks for the replies saying not to go. Sorry for sounding like a drama queen. Maybe a solution for the weary and too tattered of us is to leave when the DT is doing its ugly but be here to cheer JM and his fight to let Travis rest in peace. May try that out.

I doubt we see Demarte today. Computer guy is up first and we know Nurmi will drag out the start of the day arguing about that. Then even if Juan finishes him this morning, we can expect Nurmi to take all afternoon and 3/4 of tomorrow on re-direct.

You're probably right Nash, actually forgot (or maybe I blocked out) that Nurmi gets to cross examine him.

:seeya:

What time does the circus start today ? Thanks !

I will be available to post WAT's Tweets this morning and afternoon ... and I :please: it is the ORIGINAL WAT today !

Truth Detector: I think you're exactly right with your point about JA cajoling TA into "florid" sex right before she planned to kill him, so that he would die in a state of unrepentance that while alive would get him excommunicated from the church. Maybe that's even why JA had KN ask the Bishop what would be the result of someone participating in the phone sex. JA wants everyone to know that not only did TA deserve to die by slaughter, but that he went to Hell (sorry, if Hell isn't the term LDS uses, but I think you catch my point). And that this is specified by a Bishop, no less.

You said it better: There can also be zero doubt after all this non-mitigating trash, that just as many of us have speculated, JA went to his house with the intent of murdering him immediately after sex so that he would die in a state of unrepentance.

JA knew exactly how TA's church viewed this, and how, in his heart, TA viewed it as well.

She is inherently and thoroughly evil.

Under church teaching, repentance flows from remorse.

She has no remorse, and will not acknowledge her own sinfulness vis-a-vis TA's murder.

Thus, JA cannot both be true to herself and be repentant. The two are mutually exclusive.

The irony will be if and when she herself, in Nurmi-speak, "actualizes" her own execution.

@EmsterChic: Paul Sanders @The13thJurorMD write up of yesterday's #JodiArias trial! #J4T https://t.co/VWgFpCaSgV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM - Thanks! I may have to ask if I can use this quote for a signature... :)

" “How many sources told you that they believed it was Jake who was responsible for the Pop-Ups?”

“I heard about it from two or three people,” the Bishop answered. “My son told me and the person we call Witness Number one, I believe.”
"

I thought a lot last night about what bothered me so much about yesterday's testimony and this retrial in general. Besides the obvious.

What I find most objectionable is the magnitude of the invasion of a defenseless murder victim's privacy. I understood the good faith comment about hoping Travis had time to repent as he was being slaughtered.

What I can't abide is that this trial has taken us to a place where we, people who never knew him, are discussing whether or not Travis had anything for which to repent, and whether or not he repented. Is there anything more private than what someone has to say to God? I don't think so.

The same with the endless sickening discussion of Travis and sex. Again, what a terrible violation of his privacy! I fail to see why his family would find it supportive of them to have folks analyzing the what's and it's and when's of Travis' sex life. It has to be an utter nightmare for them know that is happening.

I know that nothing we say or do here affects what happens in the trial or the people directly involved. But there have been too many days, for me, where it felt like to even listen to the hateful ugly lies being told by her to destroy innocents was to be complicit somehow. Really, like being a bystander to a crime. Its a terrible feeling.

Thanks for the replies saying not to go. Sorry for sounding like a drama queen. Maybe a solution for the weary and too tattered of us is to leave when the DT is doing its ugly but be here to cheer JM and his fight to let Travis rest in peace. May try that out.

I can't promise you a death penalty verdict but I can promise you one thing. Juan will not stop until Travis name has been cleared. Step 1 was the bishop. Now we have the computer guy. It's not easy to hear the BS but I promise you, the jury sees through it. They have too. I think they are smarter (and know more) than they let on. Don't give up. I'm frustrated too, the delays, the games, the lies, the judge, the defense and everything they try to pull. Over it all. But for Travis and his family, I'm going to stick it out. Like I said last week, it's. O longer about the DP for me. A win is having Travis' name cleared from all of this and I know Juan will do that. Light a candle, say a little prayer and breathe.

Don't know if this is good news or bad, but Willmott, not Nurmi, was up to bat for the DT at the Dec. *advertiser censored* hearing.

The sentencing phase of JA appears that it will last as long as the trial itself and it just shows how much the judge has let this trial get out of control. At the rate it is going, this may well turn into the longest trial in history while the taxpayers foot the bill for everyone's salaries. With any luck, this trial will end before everyone dies of old age....

:seeya:

What time does the circus start today ? Thanks !

I will be available to post WAT's Tweets this morning and afternoon ... and I :please: it is the ORIGINAL WAT today !

DGC I believe it starts 10 am local time

After reading through yesterday's thread, I have to say Modsnip McGee is my favorite new name for Witness 1. :)

Jen from Trial Diaries says DeMarte may be up since Nurmi filed the motion to preclude Det. Smith.

Let's hope so! We need a good day. :grouphug:

Loved Dr. DeMarte, but I hope she's solved whatever hydration issues kept her constantly filling and refilling her water cup last time.

You didn't sound like a drama queen. BBM: yeah, that says it. Exactly. I'll try your suggestion to leave during the Slime Alley crawls with the DT, that sounds like a good plan to me.

Truth Detector: I think you're exactly right with your point about JA cajoling TA into "florid" sex right before she planned to kill him, so that he would die in a state of unrepentance that while alive would get him excommunicated from the church.
BBM: Please don't let this haunt you. Mormons firmly believe that you have a chance in the afterlife to repent, and be forgiven. JA may not have known that since she only "dabbled" in the religion, but she didn't ruin his chances of going to Heaven and seeing his family again. I feel in my heart that Travis is ok. He got to see his Dad and Mama again, and was there to welcome his grandma home when she got there. I hope this brings you some comfort. (Sorry I haven't been around to help with questions, was in the hospital over the weekend.)

After reading through yesterday's thread, I have to say Modsnip McGee is my favorite new name for Witness 1. :)

I plead guilty as charged.

Hypothetically, if there was such a lying witless, I would call him something that means liar, but rhymes with "gibber", as in gibberish.

His name is McGee, right?

Jen from Trial Diaries says DeMarte may be up since Nurmi filed the motion to preclude Det. Smith.

Let's hope so! We need a good day. :grouphug:

Oh joy! Dr DeMarte made mincemeat out of Wilmot last time!

has anyone ever heard or does anyone know any conclusion to who broke into demarte's house during the first trial and stole her laptop which had her trial info on it for the ja case? i've never heard another word mentioned about it, and was hoping perhaps someone had. probably wishful thinking.

LOL Dr. DeMarte has been one of my favorites to testify in this trial. She's smart, sassy and.... well SMART!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24