Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt we see Demarte today. Computer guy is up first and we know Nurmi will drag out the start of the day arguing about that. Then even if Juan finishes him this morning, we can expect Nurmi to take all afternoon and 3/4 of tomorrow on re-direct.

Not looking forward to the computer guy. Maybe Juan has something up his sleeve, but if not, I'm done with the computer stuff. They have gone round and round about this subject, yes *advertiser censored*, no *advertiser censored* or maybe *advertiser censored*, deleted *advertiser censored*, not deleted *advertiser censored*, maybe deleted *advertiser censored*, defense did it, state did it, didn't solve anything or prove anything. Hours wasted. MOO the jurors already have their minds made up, or an opinion on the computer *advertiser censored*. Time to move forward on that subject. Jmoo

BBM: Please don't let this haunt you. Mormons firmly believe that you have a chance in the afterlife to repent, and be forgiven. JA may not have known that since she only "dabbled" in the religion, but she didn't ruin his chances of going to Heaven and seeing his family again. I feel in my heart that Travis is ok. He got to see his Dad and Mama again, and was there to welcome his grandma home when she got there. I hope this brings you some comfort. (Sorry I haven't been around to help with questions, was in the hospital over the weekend.)

To be sure...

The self-described dabbler thinks she's the expert be-all end-all, the Einstein so under-appreciated by the rest of us.

I believe it was merely a device of spiritual torment she attempted to wield during her torture-murder of TA, and does so now to afflict all TA supporters through 'hired-gun' LKN who seems only too eager to brandish it publicly on JA's behalf.

I doubt we see Demarte today. Computer guy is up first and we know Nurmi will drag out the start of the day arguing about that. Then even if Juan finishes him this morning, we can expect Nurmi to take all afternoon and 3/4 of tomorrow on re-direct.

Just about to post exact comment :)

I remember being so frustrated when I read about this. The investigators said they didn't think it had anything to do with the trial, yet the laptop she used for her testimony was the only thing taken, even though diamond earrings and money was laying near by. How they can think it wasn't connected is beyond me.

I thought a lot last night about what bothered me so much about yesterday's testimony and this retrial in general. Besides the obvious.

What I find most objectionable is the magnitude of the invasion of a defenseless murder victim's privacy. I understood the good faith comment about hoping Travis had time to repent as he was being slaughtered.

What I can't abide is that this trial has taken us to a place where we, people who never knew him, are discussing whether or not Travis had anything for which to repent, and whether or not he repented. Is there anything more private than what someone has to say to God? I don't think so.

The same with the endless sickening discussion of Travis and sex. Again, what a terrible violation of his privacy! I fail to see why his family would find it supportive of them to have folks analyzing the what's and it's and when's of Travis' sex life. It has to be an utter nightmare for them know that is happening.

I'm quite confused about this! Are WS forum members getting blamed for discussing degrees of repentance or specifics of sex acts? I haven't seen anything like that on here and doubt that it would be permitted by moderators. And there has been little credence placed in anything JA says: she has not been allowed, here at WS, to put TA in the gutter.

Not looking forward to the computer guy. Maybe Juan has something up his sleeve, but if not, I'm done with the computer stuff. They have gone round and round about this subject, yes *advertiser censored*, no *advertiser censored* or maybe *advertiser censored*, deleted *advertiser censored*, not deleted *advertiser censored*, maybe deleted *advertiser censored*, defense did it, state did it, didn't solve anything or prove anything. Hours wasted. MOO the jurors already have their minds made up, or an opinion on the computer *advertiser censored*. Time to move forward on that subject. Jmoo

There was a comment at TamaraTattles that got me thinking:

Am I the only one that finds it odd that the defense has never brought up the supposed self-defense in this penalty phase???

......is this correct?? That seems odd. Maybe that was what Jodi was going to say....and now that she is afraid to get back on the stand, she can't. "What's a girl to do?" :thinking::jail::thinking:

I doubt JM would put the computer guy at this spot in the sequence unless it belonged at this spot in the sequence. He would be flogging a dead horse if he were to bring that topic back. We might have a new piece?

I can't promise you a death penalty verdict but I can promise you one thing.

Juan will not stop until Travis name has been cleared.

Step 1 was the bishop.
Now we have the computer guy.

It's not easy to hear the BS but I promise you, the jury sees through it. They have too. I think they are smarter (and know more) than they let on.

Don't give up. I'm frustrated too, the delays, the games, the lies, the judge, the defense and everything they try to pull. Over it all.

But for Travis and his family, I'm going to stick it out.

Like I said last week, it's. O longer about the DP for me. A win is having Travis' name cleared from all of this and I know Juan will do that. Light a candle, say a little prayer and breathe.

:goodpost: :goodpost: Thank You, Nash !

BBM: I agree ... and I will be here til the end and after for Travis !

@onoitsbobo: Another motion - failure is eminent #jodiarias lets throw anything at the wall & see if something sticks http://t.co/9qyCHdUsaN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arias and her team are revolting but they do not shock me anymore. The level of anger I feel towards Arias bothers me. How could I have developed such *insert a gentler word for hate*? It's not healthy or good. I am not comfortable with these dark emotions that come up when I see her smirking, lying and attempting to torture innocent people.

You didn't sound like a drama queen. BBM: yeah, that says it. Exactly. I'll try your suggestion to leave during the Slime Alley crawls with the DT, that sounds like a good plan to me.

I too do this, and honestly it's just the same BS with every witness, so it's not like we would miss anything.

Good morning all. Since Dr DeMarte will most likely testify today, and because the DT has now decided to embrace JA's diagnosis of BPD as a mitigating factor in the murder of TA, I thought posting the DSM IV TR (the DSM V was not published until 2013)criteria for diagnosis of BPD would be helpful for some.

"A pervasive pattern of instability of interpersonal relationships, self-image, and affects, and marked impulsivity beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:

(1) frantic efforts to avoid real or imagined abandonment. Note: Do not include suicidal or self-mutilating behavior covered in Criterion 5.

(2) a pattern of unstable and intense interpersonal relationships characterized by alternating between extremes of idealization and devaluation

(3) identity disturbance: markedly and persistently unstable self-image or sense of self

(4) impulsivity in at least two areas that are potentially self-damaging (e.g., spending, sex, Substance Abuse, reckless driving, binge eating).
Note: Do not include suicidal or self-mutilating behavior covered in Criterion 5.

(5) recurrent suicidal behavior, gestures, or threats, or self-mutilating behavior

(6) affective instability due to a marked reactivity of mood (e.g., intense episodic dysphoria, irritability, or anxiety usually lasting a few hours and only rarely more than a few days)

(7) chronic feelings of emptiness

(8) inappropriate, intense anger or difficulty controlling anger (e.g., frequent displays of temper, constant anger, recurrent physical fights)

(9) transient, stress-related paranoid ideation or severe dissociative symptoms"

SOURCE:American Psychiatric Association. (2000). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (4th ed., text rev.). Washington, DC: Author.

Not sure how useful this is but as at least an initial checklist seems fairly spot on, though obviously you would need to know how to test and score these attributes. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm way off base.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hare_Psychopathy_Checklist
Psychopathy Checklist-Revised: Factors, Facets, and Items[10]

Factor 1

Facet 1: Interpersonal

Glibness/superficial charm
Grandiose sense of self-worth
Pathological lying
Cunning/manipulative

Facet 2: Affective

Lack of remorse or guilt
Emotionally shallow
Callous/lack of empathy
Failure to accept responsibility for own actions

Factor 2

Facet 3: Lifestyle

Need for stimulation/proneness to boredom
Parasitic lifestyle
Lack of realistic, long-term goals
Impulsivity
Irresponsibility

Facet 4: Antisocial

Poor behavioral controls
Early behavioral problems
Juvenile delinquency
Revocation of conditional release
Criminal versatility

Other items

Many short-term marital relationships
Promiscuous sexual behavior

Early factor analysis of the PCL-R indicated it consisted of two factors.[12] Factor 1 captures traits dealing with the interpersonal and affective deficits of psychopathy (e.g., shallow affect, superficial charm, manipulativeness, lack of empathy) whereas factor 2 dealt with symptoms relating to antisocial behavior: (e.g., criminal versatility, impulsiveness, irresponsibility, poor behavior controls, juvenile delinquency).[12]

There was a comment at TamaraTattles that got me thinking:

......is this correct?? That seems odd. Maybe that was what Jodi was going to say....and now that she is afraid to get back on the stand, she can't. "What's a girl to do?" :thinking::jail::thinking:

She is not permitted to argue self-defense in this phase.

Must be nice to live in NZ and spew out this nonsense.

ETA ~ Trial starts in 25 minutes and according to BK, on time.

original.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members