REVISIT Does LE have enough evidence to Convict Casey on 1st Degree Murder?

Do you think LE has enough evidence to get Casey on 1st Degree Murder?

• Yes

Votes: 759 77.2%
  • No

Votes: 84 8.5%
  • Unsure

Votes: 140 14.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope so, from what's out there now, if I were a juror, I wouldn't be able to convict.

I certainly hope so. I don't live in Florida, but from what locals are saying, they would've only taken this to a GJ if they were going for Murder 1. But if they can't convict her of M1, I think they can of M2. That's why I'm glad to hear of the other charges- find her guilty of a lesser crime.

I'm not trying to be so terribly gross, but I keep thinking that there HAD to be quite a bit of remains or fluid for such an overwhelming smell and the maggots in the garbage bag in the trunk, right?? Because to me, as the evidence is, there's sooo many holes that can be punched in the prosecutions case....JMO

I voted unsure. While I am sure the evidence is there, a lot of it is forensic stuff, some of it 'cutting edge' as NG said tonight. My biggest worry is that the jurors will not understand much of the scientific explanations (I know the little I have read about some of the testing makes my head hurt) and the defense will use the fact that it is a relatively new area (I am speaking of the air sampling here) to thow doubt onto their findings. When forensics gets involved, especially if there are 'dueling experts', it can be very confusing for jurors. Just look at the confusion with Mitochondrial (sorry I know I spelled that wrong) DNA and what is is and what it isn't. So I am a little worried, but hoping for the best.

I don't think that we know even half of the evidence that they have against her. The really damning stuff has not been released. I believe that if they did not have some really substanial evidence they wouldn't have taken the case before the GJ at this time. I can't wait to see what they do have.

I'm not trying to be so terribly gross, but I keep thinking that there HAD to be quite a bit of remains or fluid for such an overwhelming smell and the maggots in the garbage bag in the trunk, right?? Because to me, as the evidence is, there's sooo many holes that can be punched in the prosecutions case....JMO

How do we even know what the prosecution's case is? We can't poke holes in that which we don't know.

How do we even know what the prosecution's case is? We can't poke holes in that which we don't know.

Sorry....I was saying "as the evidence is"....meaning the evidence we have NOW, it'd be hard for me to convict someone of murder. JMO !!

My first post or maybe 2nd so I may be posting in the wrong place, but did anyone notice that she was not exactly crying when her attorney was doing his little talk. L.P. brought that up on N.G. tonight. She did some tears, but oh goodness I thought she was going to wipe her eye out. Bad thing about it she was only upset about herself, not the baby. So selfish. I pray she breaks now and tells where the baby is to bring closure to her family and everyone esle.

Without a doubt they have enough evidence and proof to get a conviction on Murder One. When they find Caylee's body, this case is going to be rock solid for the DP.

Today, the GJ said there was no hope Caylee was still alive with the evidence presented and that Casey not only was responsible, but did it with premeditation. A Jury will hear and see that evidence plus so much more.

I hope they find her soon so she can be properly buried and given some dignity. Casey can rot where she belongs until it is time for the needle.

Regardless of the physical or forensic evidence, Casey has been the worst witness for herself. The amount of lies she told LE while being questioned, statements that she herself admitted were lies, will weigh heavy in her conviction.
I doubt she would testify, but there is a record of what she told LE earlier as this case began to unfold.
JMO of course.

I voted yes, but the ratio of votes is much too lopsided. At this point, it's difficult to say whether the forensics will bear up under defense finessing and it's also unclear whether Casey will offer some kind of psychiatric rationale.

Yes.

IMO, prosecutors will never offer a plea without her telling them where to find Caylee's remains.

if she's making a deal, then she would have to give up something in order to get something. neg. 101. they aren't going to reduce charges if she doesn't give them the body.:confused:

Heck yes! I predicted charges would be 1st degree murder/pre-meditation a long time ago. There's just too much evidence, and we don't even have it all-the ZF-G searches prior to 6/15, the missing children's websites, the chloroform searches, then the chloroform found in the trunk. Caylee hair with the death bands on it, the DNA fluids in the trunk, the air samples, the decomp. smell, the cadaver dogs, etc, etc.
Heck the GJ only took 30 min to decide there was enough to indict!

Sorry....I was saying "as the evidence is"....meaning the evidence we have NOW, it'd be hard for me to convict someone of murder. JMO !!

Yes, I can understand what you're saying.......the evidence WE have now. But, that's not what the GJ saw today. They had much more to go on than what we've been privy to.

I think that was perfect: 31 Days of lying = 30 minutes for Indictment. Now, maybe the Jury will follow suit in the trial and make it 31 minutes for a Guilty Verdict.

I keep thinking back weeks ago when there was a lot of talk about skull fragments. LP talked about skull fragments in the trunk, then it was switched to scalp fragments in the trunk. Makes me wonder.

I don't think that we know even half of the evidence that they have against her. The really damning stuff has not been released. I believe that if they did not have some really substanial evidence they wouldn't have taken the case before the GJ at this time. I can't wait to see what they do have.

I agree!

I think that was perfect: 31 Days of lying = 30 minutes for Indictment. Now, maybe the Jury will follow suit in the trial and make it 31 minutes for a Guilty Verdict.

I heart karma!

I voted unsure. While I am sure the evidence is there, a lot of it is forensic stuff, some of it 'cutting edge' as NG said tonight. My biggest worry is that the jurors will not understand much of the scientific explanations (I know the little I have read about some of the testing makes my head hurt) and the defense will use the fact that it is a relatively new area (I am speaking of the air sampling here) to thow doubt onto their findings. When forensics gets involved, especially if there are 'dueling experts', it can be very confusing for jurors. Just look at the confusion with Mitochondrial (sorry I know I spelled that wrong) DNA and what is is and what it isn't. So I am a little worried, but hoping for the best.

I am pretty sure they have much more than the air samples and the hair. If they didn't, the GJ would not have indicted. Has to be a lot more than we know now. If jurors don't understand something, they are given the opportunity to ask for a simple explanation when they are in deliberation, and the judge always complies.
I have no doubt in my mind that she will be convicted. Unless she pleas out sometime in the next 90 days and it never goes to trial, then she is sent straight to prison.

I think they have a lot more than any of us could imagine. There has to be really good evidence of murder to charge or ind. someone without a body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member