REVISIT Does LE have enough evidence to Convict Casey on 1st Degree Murder?

Do you think LE has enough evidence to get Casey on 1st Degree Murder?

• Yes

Votes: 759 77.2%
  • No

Votes: 84 8.5%
  • Unsure

Votes: 140 14.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
GJ's are not rubber stamps; as it's been said time and again. Prosecutors literally, have her between their sites, with no wriggle room. If she's not dealing right now, or better yet, 5 minutes ago, KC is going to endure the Chemical Cocktail Special. She's caught, and it is as good as done!

yes - I think we know just the tip of the evidence that the state has. Was there actual decomp on the shovel - Did the dogs hit on the shovel also - actual decomp in the dirt from the back yard - evidence on KC's clothes taken from the house - someone said LP said skull fragments in trunk, how long was she in the trunk? Did they find evidence of drug or ? in the hair from the trunk - the part of GA's interview that we didn't hear, what else did he know? What did she tell MH in calif, LE went out and interview/deposition him? and wht did the detectives and FBI testify to...sworn statements from KC's friends?
There is so much that we still don't know, if what we do know is damning what do they have that they are holding back....must be awful

when will we (the public) see more docs or evidence regarding the new charges?

will we see them tomorrow now that the charges are official and all evidence is to be handed over to the defense atty?

Yes. The real world is not CSI. Many cases have very little physical evidence. But, for me, even without a large amount of physical evidence, like a body, the cirsumstantial evidence here is huge. What really tips the scale for me is the computer searches for cholroform, combined with large traces of choloroform in the trunk, and the missing child computer searches. Of course, as a juror, I would carefully examine the evidence and determine whether it is enough to prove casey guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. If everything we have heard thus far is accurate as to evidence, (and I see no reason why it would not be) then it would be very easy for me to vote guilty of murder one. I do not think I am unusual.

yes - I think we know just the tip of the evidence that the state has. Was there actual decomp on the shovel - Did the dogs hit on the shovel also - actual decomp in the dirt from the back yard - evidence on KC's clothes taken from the house - someone said LP said skull fragments in trunk, how long was she in the trunk? Did they find evidence of drug or ? in the hair from the trunk - the part of GA's interview that we didn't hear, what else did he know? What did she tell MH in calif, LE went out and interview/deposition him? and wht did the detectives and FBI testify to...sworn statements from KC's friends?
There is so much that we still don't know, if what we do know is damning what do they have that they are holding back....must be awful
Skull fragments imply head trauma. Wonder if Casey beat her in some way in addition to the chloroform. Maybe she wanted to ensure Caylee was dead.:eek::sick::sick::sick:

Skull fragments imply head trauma. Wonder if Casey beat her in some way in addition to the chloroform. Maybe she wanted to ensure Caylee was dead.:eek::sick::sick::sick:

Isn't that really scary

Isn't that really scary

Anything is possible, LE has implied there is more horrific stuff than we know. JonBenet Ramsey died of both strangulation and a head blow.

Another thing... I was reminded on another thread of another important piece of evidence, and one that helped bring her indictment today- she flatly refused to let George look into the trunk and threw the gas cans she stole back at him while cussing him out!:eek::eek::eek:

Without a doubt they have enough evidence and proof to get a conviction on Murder One. When they find Caylee's body, this case is going to be rock solid for the DP.

Today, the GJ said there was no hope Caylee was still alive with the evidence presented and that Casey not only was responsible, but did it with premeditation. A Jury will hear and see that evidence plus so much more.

I hope they find her soon so she can be properly buried and given some dignity. Casey can rot where she belongs until it is time for the needle.

I have been thinking about this. I am not sure they don't have enough of the body already. Think back when they FIRST talked about the fluids, hair, etc. in the trunk. There was something released about pieces of skull. It has not been mentioned again, but I do remember that, does anyone else?

I remember the skull fragments also. I just posted asking if anyone else remembered it.

I remember the skull fragments also. I just posted asking if anyone else remembered it.

This is the first I'd really heard about it, or maybe paid attention to it. Now it seems very significant, since they charged her with aggravated child abuse in addition to murder.

This is the first I'd really heard about it, or maybe paid attention to it. Now it seems very significant, since they charged her with aggravated child abuse in addition to murder.

I don't know anything about skull fragments, but it would be aggravated child abuse if Casey drugged Caylee or locked her in the trunk/car when she went out at night.

Most definitely, LE has the evidence to convict Casey on first degree murder! The grand jury only heard from 6 witnesses. We know that George and Yuri testified, but there were only 4 others.

When the State Attorney, Lawson Lamar, addressed the judge, having the judge sign the sealed indictment, he said a few words. I made notes, and this is one thing he said..........."the grand jury has seen things they shouldn't have to see. They've learned law and unfortunately, a lot about forensic evidence."

My impression after hearing the above sentences is that the jury saw a lot more forensic evidence than we're aware of. We know of a stain, a hair strand, and dirt in the trunk of Casey's car. We know that Casey checked out cloroform and websites for missing children online. But would any of these thing qualify for "things they shouldn't have to see."

Most definitely, LE has the evidence to convict Casey on first degree murder! The grand jury only heard from 6 witnesses. We know that George and Yuri testified, but there were only 4 others.

When the State Attorney, Lawson Lamar, addressed the judge, having the judge sign the sealed indictment, he said a few words. I made notes, and this is one thing he said..........."the grand jury has seen things they shouldn't have to see. They've learned law and unfortunately, a lot about forensic evidence."

My impression after hearing the above sentences is that the jury saw a lot more forensic evidence than we're aware of. We know of a stain, a hair strand, and dirt in the trunk of Casey's car. We know that Casey checked out cloroform and websites for missing children online. But would any of these thing qualify for "things they shouldn't have to see."

I'm not sure but I think a grand jury is sitting for a period of time, meaning that they have heard evidence on more then this case. They might have been hearing, i don't know, 15 cases in the last 6 months.... I even think that this was the last case for this GJ.

I think I heard somewhere that the lesser charges for Casey are there to negociate a plea deal. They could tell her we will take off murder 1 in exchange for the truth, Caylee's body and a guilty plea and avoid trial.

But, I personnally think they have much more evidence then what the GJ saw. From what I've read, the State Attorney's office has very good prosecutors and if they ask for an indictment, they are ready to go to trial.

YES, and I believe we will all be shocked at what they DO have.

1 day of Grand Jury
+
4 (6?) witnesses
+
30 minutes of deliberation (!)
+
7 indictments
=
a whole lot of evidence.

And noone has mentioned the infamous shovel borrowing move yet. LOL. That alone told me Casey unearthed the body in the backyard and moved it.

Just wanted to say that I said from the beginning this was first degree murder. All the evidence, and her actions, pointed in that direction.

This has probably already been stated but LE has much more than we know of.

For them to get an Indictment on a few hours of Testimony I'll bet that evidence is very compelling.....

This has probably already been stated but LE has much more than we know of.

For them to get an Indictment on a few hours of Testimony I'll bet that evidence is very compelling.....

agreed, 30 minutes of deliberation is all it took....I don't think the final verdict would require much more. LE took their time and made sure there is no doubt.

Casey is silent because she thought "no body, no case"....but the phantom nanny, her sister and toddlers won't stand anyone's scrutiny, (even me).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona