Ron C. # 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care if I'm wrong either...I'd just like to see Haleigh brought home. I think the constant Ron bashing just detracts from that goal. There are still sooo many other possible suspects in this case, and the real perp could be getting overlooked while all this stuff is going on.

And see, I think the constant sticking up for Ron no matter what he does or how he acts detracts as well.

I don't know what happened to Haleigh, and I don't know who was involved with what happened to her, but I think you have to look at past and current behaviors of the people who surrounded Haleigh and also listen to the words of LE. JMO

I thought we were all here to help find Haleigh, not to non-stop comment/judge people's parenting skills. I really don't get how these incessant "lifestyle" comments can do that, unless of course you are 100% certain he is responsible. I think our time (both sides) would be far better spent sleuthing. I just don't see how this stuff gets us any closer to finding Haleigh. Maybe someone can enlighten me?

Some people believe parenting skills are relevant and have bearing regardless. I said nothing of "lifestyle" (which means habits), and referred only to his recent conduct, and character.

:parrot:

This may be O/T I just have to post this definition since it seems to come up alot:

Bashing is a harsh, gratuitous, predjudicial attack on a person, group or subject. Literally, bashing is a term meaning to hit or, colloquially, to assault but when it is used as a suffix, or in conjunction with a noun indicating the subject being attacked, it is normally used to imply a sense of uncompromising vehemence and bigotry about the assailant.

The term applies to two different types of attack: physical assault and verbal or critical assault. In the latter case, bashing is used metaphorically to indicate an attack on a subject that is of similar aggressiveness and motivation to the physical case.

Topics which attract bashing tend to be personally sensitive topics for the bashers, the victims or both. They also tend to be highly partisan issues. Common areas include religion, nationality, sexuality, politics and topics of critical appraisal within fandom

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bashing_(pejorative)

It isn't bashing Ronald to discuss the fact that he was arrested for beating the crud out of his brother in law, while committing a felony offense of burglary. It is not bashing to discuss the merits of the latest claim that he has threatened his brother in law by placing a headless rat into his mailbox (two felonies....witness tampering and mail tampering). I do not understand why, when the man himself acts in questionable ways, that people believe it bears nothing to the disappearance of his child, nor should it be discussed as to the measure of the man.

In the famous words of many GMAB.

Thank you, my point exactly how I do wish people could recognize the difference and I think it would honestly diffuse alot of the emotions if there was at least some semblance of impartiality. JMO2

It isn't bashing Ronald to discuss the fact that he was arrested for beating the crud out of his brother in law, while committing a felony offense of burglary. It is not bashing to discuss the merits of the latest claim that he has threatened his brother in law by placing a headless rat into his mailbox (two felonies....witness tampering and mail tampering). I do not understand why, when the man himself acts in questionable ways, that people believe it bears nothing to the disappearance of his child, nor should it be discussed as to the measure of the man.

In the famous words of many GMAB.

I agree completley....

Bunny, its the "context" of his life. It has the appearance of evil or wrong doing, or uncaring. That is what is so difficult to understand. I would give anything if Haleigh came home tonight, I would go anywhere, talk to anyone. His behavior does not mean hes guilty or not guilty, but we base perceptions and conclusions on just those things. Did he have opportunity to commit any of these crimes? Well, the verdict is not settled on that, how about motive? I don't think that Ron himself was involved in hurting Haleigh, but I think he is somehow involved in this twisting story and I arrived at that
mainly by his lifestyle and actions. I pray he is innocent and I have to eat crow. These are my opinions.

Shamus I agree with you, he should work and take care of his family, many have faced much harder lives or problems, I was just
saying if he didn't.

I feel real silly asking this as it should be obvious to me at this point but what does GMBA stand for...lol For the life of me I can't figure it out..

I saw Cindy for what she was very early on in that case. Has it occurred to you you might be making excuses for the wrong people in this case too? I really don't believe Ron is responsible for Haleigh being missing and wish LE would look at other possibilities.

I am not making excuses for anyone.
Everyone involved is contributing to this mess.
You missed the point of my post completely.

Bunny, its the "context" of his life. It has the appearance of evil or wrong doing, or uncaring. That is what is so difficult to understand. I would give anything if Haleigh came home tonight, I would go anywhere, talk to anyone. His behavior does not mean hes guilty or not guilty, but we base perceptions and conclusions on just those things. Did he have opportunity to commit any of these crimes? Well, the verdict is not settled on that, how about motive? I don't think that Ron himself was involved in hurting Haleigh, but I think he is somehow involved in this twisting story and I arrived at that
mainly by his lifestyle and actions. I pray he is innocent and I have to eat crow. These are my opinions.

Shamus I agree with you, he should work and take care of his family, many have faced much harder lives or problems, I was just
saying if he didn't.

:clap::clap:BBM
This is what we should be focused on. None of this other stuff is going to solve the who done it and lead us to HaLeigh. Just My Opinion

I don't think it's *right* or *helpful* that RC is not speaking with LE, but I think I can understand why he isn't. That doesn't mean I condone his actions--just that I think I can understand where he might be coming from.

CrankyPants (love your name) can you explain further what it is that you understand about why Ron is not speaking to LE? And that you understand where he is coming from?
Do you think he is uncomfortable with cops or investigators in any sense?
Can you tell us more about your opinion? Not to be bashed by any of us, but to allow us a better idea of where you're coming from. Thanks.

I don't feel Ron has anything to do with Haleigh being missing nor Misty, Crystal or Chad, but I do feel Ron's lifestyle had alot to do with why Haleigh is missing today. JMO of course..

A very wise statement, mysticrose. You're right. The only world a child that young has is the one his or her parents exposes them to. Usually it's a very small circle of people: parents, grandparents, teachers, aunts and uncles and maybe coaches or church officials, perhaps parents of little friends.
In knowing who or the type of people Ron interacted with, may bring a lot of clues into what happened the night Haleigh disappeared.

A little change in the topic. I have a couple of questions that I know some of you will remember or have information available to you. BTW, if you notice a lot of mistakes in my posts lately it may be due to a hand injury I have at the moment. I'm right handed and I have nerve damage and have a semi-hard cast with just my finger tips uncovered. It is extremely difficult to type but stubborn, I am.

Does anyone remember in all the information gathered at the beginning of this case the following:

How old was Haleigh when Ron and Crystal separated?
How long did he live with his mother before moving out?
How long has Ron actually cared for the children alone? Without his mother's, grandmother's or girlfriend's or last girlfriend's help? (cooking, cleaning, laundry, ironing, dressing, bathing, etc.)

Appreciate any information on the above. TIA

Excuse me bunnyphoenix but your claim is not true;
Crystal S. HaLeigh's Mother #7, Page 6
Yesterday, 06:21 PM Post #126
"It sounds to me like she was using drugs."
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4037507#post4037507

Ron C. #10, Page 7
08-10-2009, 09:41 PM, Post #152
"frankly, if Crystal cleans up her act . . ."
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4034853#post4034853

My posts are my opinions only and are not a reflection upon anyone else . . . JMO

Crystal S. Haleigh's Mother #7, Post #45, 8-10-2009, the list goes on and that's just the past couple days (and w/out searching under terms other than drugs, ie crack, ad infinitum). Yes very shocking indeed...

Where was Jr when Ron went to jail for assualt/burglary?

Thanks

And a headless rat??????????????? Disturbing.

you referenced Crystal and drug use and it wasn't even her "admitted" drug use it was an unproven allegation and a mistruth as no crack was found on "her property".

" It sounds to me like she was using drugs. I can't imagine not taking my daughter to the dr. because I was feeling "depressed" but I can see drug affected people, who don't usually think straight, thinking it would be ok to neglect a child's health"

" if Crystal cleans up her act I see no reason why they need to know that she couldn't be bothered getting out of bed to get her daughter to doctor's appointments, LE found crack on her property during the search for her etc. “

So, although you bemoan the treatment of RC, you have no problem denigrating CS while stating that you don't do so. I think some bashing has become so second nature that people don't even realize they are doing it. I don't mean just you either. But I do think we should all be aware of what we are posting and avoid purposefully inflammatory remarks that really have no relevance to the case.

ITA. We should not only be able to distinguish addressing current facts from "bashing," but when we recognize conduct as evidence of character, and character as pertinent to a missing child's case we aren't just going to turn the other cheek on hearing reports of violence or witness intimidation. RC's conduct is as relevant as anyone else's in this investigation. I just get tired of hearing it all endlessly excused. JMO

A little change in the topic. I have a couple of questions that I know some of you will remember or have information available to you. BTW, if you notice a lot of mistakes in my posts lately it may be due to a hand injury I have at the moment. I'm right handed and I have nerve damage and have a semi-hard cast with just my finger tips uncovered. It is extremely difficult to type but stubborn, I am.

Does anyone remember in all the information gathered at the beginning of this case the following:

How long has Ron actually cared for the children alone? Without his mother's, grandmother's or girlfriend's or last girlfriend's help? (cooking, cleaning, laundry, ironing, dressing, bathing, etc.)

I dont know the exact date when they seperated but it was in 2005, I believe RJ was only 6 mths old and Haleigh around 2 ?

Haleighs b-day Aug 17, 2003
RJ b-day February 15, 2005
I'll keep looking for more answers for you :)

I suggest you do a 'Search' inquiry or re-read the early threads for your answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamabee1221