Ronald Cummings and Misty Croslin named POI *report updated and comment removed*

Status
Not open for further replies.
UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Tough for me. It`s tough for other people. I mean, it is a lot of distractions, you know. And it takes away from Haleigh. So I wish it would go away, but it doesn`t.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Tonight, a jaw-dropping development as the family of precious 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings remains in shambles, two whole years after the child vanished from her home in the middle of the night without a trace. But now, do cops know exactly who took the child and what they did with her?

Check out this latest statement issued by the Putnam County Florida sheriff, quote, "The individuals with direct knowledge of Haleigh`s whereabouts have still failed to provide the necessary information. Contradictory statements provided by these witnesses indicate they are concealing information," end quote. OK. We`ll analyze that in a second.

Let`s not forget, cops consider this a homicide. They`ve said they think Misty Croslin, Haleigh`s former babysitter/step-mom, and Haleigh`s dad, Ron, know more than they are telling.

Straight out to the intrepid Levi Page, host of "The Levi Page Show" on Blog Talk Radio.

Levi, what is the very latest?

LEVI PAGE, HOST, "THE LEVI PAGE SHOW": Well, Jane, the family held a vigil last night, a heartbreaking vigil, where Crystal Sheffield, Haleigh`s mother, broke down in tears, saying that she could not believe that it`s been two years since her daughter, Haleigh, who was 5 at the time she vanished, has disappeared. She says it feels like it was yesterday.

She feels that it was a dream and that she wants to wake up from it. It was heartbreaking to watch her break down, and you know, my prayers go out to her. She`s really struggled through this. It was heartbreaking.

As you mentioned, the Putnam County Sheriff`s Office has issued that press release, saying that there are individuals withholding and concealing information from them. We know that they also said that Misty Croslin, along with Haleigh`s father, Ronald, are persons of interest. They`re hiding information.

We also know, Jane, via Tommy Croslin`s sentencing, he was called a suspect in this case. And the judge hammered him, saying, "How could you deal drugs while you`re being looked at as a suspect in the disappearance, probable murder of a child?"

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Let me go back to that. Because what we had heard all along was that Ron was at work. And he made all these phone calls to Misty, trying to reach her, the night that little Haleigh disappeared. So what I had heard originally was that Ron, the dad, was exonerated because people saw him at work. Is there new information on that front?

PAGE: Well, we do know that he was at work. We know that there was a ping from 8 to 8:30, approximately, around that time, but we also know that there have been coworkers that worked at PDM, where he worked, that said that he had been known to sneak out of work in the past.

Kim Picazio, the former attorney for Crystal Sheffield, had stated on your show, Jane, a while back, that Ronald would leave work, get the children, because Misty would leave the children unattended, and he would bring the children and make them sleep in his truck while he worked the night shift.

And there have been witnesses that have came to law enforcement, gave sworn statements that had said that Ronald Cummings was elsewhere instead of at work.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So he`s behind bars, doing time for drug conspiracy. Misty is behind bars, doing time for drug conspiracy. And despite all that pressure, they still have not gotten the truth out of these two individuals as to what happened that night? They`re going to be behind bars for years. You`d think they would have told them.

Thank you so much, Levi -- Levi Page.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...1/ijvm.01.html

So two years in and still won't name persons of interest.

As far as Ron's deal goes, you can't make someone tell the truth. The crux of his deal is appearing to be cooperative and not getting caught lying. He will confirm anything they already know.

It has been two years and he hasn't given them anything that has gotten an official person of interest label. And she still hasn't been found.

I am positive the dumb ones have an easier time with evidence removal because they don't over think it. I think most of them get caught from evidence of the clean up and cover up.

The average emotional age of the crew down there appears to be about, eight? nine maybe? Perhaps LE should interview the local elementary school and find out where they would hide a body.

I dont think Ron will ever be named a POI, I think he will just be arraigned! When it happens it will be swift and shocking with a few people left scratching their heads. I think some will realize the extent LE can and will go to make a POI feel comfy enough to do dumb stuff like go on NG and do and deal drugs. He had a missing child and was so arrogant he sat and sold drugs and just had no regard for anyone or the memory of his child. Its disgraceful.

Can anyone remember a case where LE said the person was not a suspect in a crime but was later charged with that crime? TIA

Can anyone remember a case where LE said the person was not a suspect in a crime but was later charged with that crime? TIA

I cant off hand, I know Chris Coleman was not a suspect, and then was taken in weeks later. Rons in prison, he was targeted in a sting, and I really dont think its a reach to think hes involved. He married someone who was publicly called a liar and withholding info about his missing child, its just not right.

So glad hes locked up, that was the easy part it seems.

I cant off hand, I know Chris Coleman was not a suspect, and then was taken in weeks later. Rons in prison, he was targeted in a sting, and I really dont think its a reach to think hes involved. He married someone who was publicly called a liar and withholding info about his missing child, its just not right.

iirc they said Coleman was not a suspect & then he was behind bars -- expect it happens often.

Was Coleman ever declared NOT a suspect by LE? TIA as I didn't follow his case.

Was Coleman ever declared NOT a suspect by LE? TIA as I didn't follow his case.

The thing here is... is that there is no body, you cant clear anyone when you dont know what has happened. I know some think Ron would never do anything to his daughter, but it is possible for Ronald to have advised Misty to medicate the child, we do know they had talked that night on the phone, so logic just says, considering what has happened is unknown, no one can be cleared at all. And if Ronald left work or was seen other places that night... it just does not look good, you can only give a convicted druggie the benefit of the doubt so many times.

I've just begun my search for such cases. Here's one, for starters:

Authorities in South Carolina this evening located what they believe is the body of Nikki McPhatter, the 30-year-old Charlotte woman last heard from May 6 after she traveled to Columbia to visit an acquaintance.

The Richland County Sheriff’s Department hours later arrested the man, Theodore “Teddy” Roosevelt Manning IV of Gadsden, S.C., and charged him with murder.

(snipped)

Police last week issued a public notice that they wanted to locate a man who went by the name “Teddy,” whom they later questioned. They said at the time that "Teddy" was not a suspect or person of interest.

http://www.qcitymetro.com/news/arti...-believed-to-be-nikki-mcphatter-101112676.cfm

Well, the station put up a "correction" of sorts -- think it is the same link as before, but it was that LE said there are no NAMED person of interest.

I believe the key word is named.

For my :twocents: I don't believe anything the LE says or does...oh, I mean doesn't do (AGAIN: Shades of the investigation into the JohBenet Ramsey case.) I believe everything that comes out of their mouths is some type of cover-up, for as I've said before, the Cummings & the LE go back a long way. They, I believe, have something very dark to cover-up.

Ask yourself this: If these Keystone(d) cops were on the up and up WHY WOULDN'T THEY ALLOW THE FBI TO INVESTIGATE? :banghead: :banghead:

I've just begun my search for such cases. Here's one, for starters:

Authorities in South Carolina this evening located what they believe is the body of Nikki McPhatter, the 30-year-old Charlotte woman last heard from May 6 after she traveled to Columbia to visit an acquaintance.

The Richland County Sheriff’s Department hours later arrested the man, Theodore “Teddy” Roosevelt Manning IV of Gadsden, S.C., and charged him with murder.

(snipped)

Police last week issued a public notice that they wanted to locate a man who went by the name “Teddy,” whom they later questioned. They said at the time that "Teddy" was not a suspect or person of interest.

http://www.qcitymetro.com/news/arti...-believed-to-be-nikki-mcphatter-101112676.cfm

Ok, is it just me, but doesn't LOGIC say, if the cops want to talk to you, you are a person of interest to them? I mean why else would they want to talk to you? Because they saw someone across the parking lot and thought they looked cool?

I remember the cops wanted to talk to Ron and he cut off the interviews, now, if a father of a missing child CUTS OFF interviews with the cops,why would he do that? That would lead me, using that LOGIC again, that Ron didn't like what the cops were saying to him....... so that tells me the interviews were not fun for Ron, it wasn't just fun meetings where investigators checked out all the new ink he had gotten since his daughter went missing... or maybe it was I don't know!

But bottom line he CUT OFF interviews with investigators and it has always bothered me how some don't think thats a big deal. Because it is a BIG DEAL.

Ok, is it just me, but doesn't LOGIC say, if the cops want to talk to you, you are a person of interest to them? I mean why else would they want to talk to you? Because they saw someone across the parking lot and thought they looked cool?

I remember the cops wanted to talk to Ron and he cut off the interviews, now, if a father of a missing child CUTS OFF interviews with the cops,why would he do that? That would lead me, using that LOGIC again, that Ron didn't like what the cops were saying to him....... so that tells me the interviews were not fun for Ron, it wasn't just fun meetings where investigators checked out all the new ink he had gotten since his daughter went missing... or maybe it was I don't know!

But bottom line he CUT OFF interviews with investigators and it has always bothered me how some don't think thats a big deal. Because it is a BIG DEAL.

BBM, Sounds logical to me!

Of course the players are all persons of interest, whether an official statement to that effect is made or not. And at any time, a person can go from person of interest to suspect status, or from cleared to suspect status. As evidence is received and processed, things can change. And that includes circumstantial evidence, such as a person of interest not being cooperative.

ETA: I only posted the situations in my two previous posts for the benefit of those who believe that once a person is called not a suspect, they will never at any time be considered a suspect.

For my :twocents: I don't believe anything the LE says or does...oh, I mean doesn't do (AGAIN: Shades of the investigation into the JohBenet Ramsey case.) I believe everything that comes out of their mouths is some type of cover-up, for as I've said before, the Cummings & the LE go back a long way. They, I believe, have something very dark to cover-up.

Ask yourself this: If these Keystone(d) cops were on the up and up WHY WOULDN'T THEY ALLOW THE FBI TO INVESTIGATE? :banghead: :banghead:

The FBI has been involved in this case...I don't know to what extent or how many agents, this came from Sheriff Hardy's statement this week ..if you want the link I will provide it.
"investigators from the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and investigators from agencies throughout Florida have invested thousands of man-hours into the investigation thus far."

It is very frustrating. I do wish they would send in other investigators and possibly more experienced LE to question them all.
Something wasn't done right...or this would have been solved by now, IMO.

The video at the link above states NO ONE has been named a person of interest.

Title of this thread needs to be changed.

Sheeesh. :rolleyes:
ok, I finally got that video to play, (thanks for posting), & he said no persons of interest or suspects have been named. What about Tommy? If LE is backtracking on this, & it looks like they are, he sure can breath a lot easier. But, where does that leave this case? in a shambles, I say.

I'll say the case is a shambles, has been for quite some time. It certainly has not moved forward at all.

It isn't very hard to understand why there are so many crimes against children. So many of them go unpunished.

Be at peace Haleigh, wherever you are.

Yes, I've seen it happen many times in my area. One day LE was saying they had no suspects, so-and-so isn't a suspect, and the next thing you know, so-and-so is arrested and in jail, named as Suspect Number One - the accused.

It happens. I think LE does it to keep reporters from tipping off the suspect and to keep people from interfering in the investigation. They don't have to tell us, they just need to get everything in order before they scoop up the person of interest, the suspect, the accused. They are more quiet when they are rounding up more than one suspect.

In Haleigh's case, they know where certain people are, so there's no rush, although I do believe there are a few other parties who need to be rounded up, those who have guilty knowledge and/or helped in the coverup. Yep, I do.

I agree with you, but LE shouldn't name someone, a murder suspect or a kid disappearance suspect, in drug court, if they're not willing to follow through. That's prejudicial, beyond belief...& since they're now backing away from that, I hope Tommy's lawyer is forging ahead. I'm so confused & disappointed by this LE. I really, really thought they were further ahead in this case. geesh...

I'm with you on this. It is a BIG DEAL. Why would anyone do that? It's his daughter's welfare at stake! Or did he know she was already dead, so there was no urgency in finding her?

Without any of RC's questionable statements and questionable actions, his refusal to talk with LE is a huge red flag for me. Innocent and loving parents don't do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member